Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Spin-offs and One-Year Wonders
User Name
Password

Welcome to the Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, search, view attachments, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

CBS Fall Pilot Reviews: Young Sheldon and Me, Myself & I, Both Premiere Tonight (Sep. 25)
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of September 25, 2017)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Roseanne Reboot Casts David and Darlene's Daughter; The CW Developing New Series Based Upon Sabrina Character
Fri-Yay: The Good Place's Season Premiere; FXX to Air All Season One Episodes of The Mick on September 23
Hulu Gets Will & Grace Fever; New Netflix Comedy Has Girl Power
Rules of Engagement Coming to Logo; Younger Season 4 Sets Series Best
Pop Picks Up 2nd Season of Hollywood Darlings; South Park Still Strong in Season 21

New on DVD/Blu-ray (August/September)

Father Knows Best - Season Six Diff'rent Strokes - The Complete Sixth Season Alice - The Complete Fifth Season Rhoda - Season Four Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Four

08/01 - Alice - The Complete Fifth Season (WBShop.com)
08/01 - Crashing - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
08/15 - Rhoda - Season Four
08/22 - Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Four
08/29 - Will & Grace - Season One (Universal)
09/01 - Angie - The Complete Collection
09/05 - Just Shoot Me! - The Complete Series
09/05 - Kevin Can Wait - Season One
09/06 - Better Things - The Complete First Season
09/06 - You're the Worst - The Complete Third Season
09/12 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Tenth Season (Blu-ray)
09/12 - Coach - The Complete Series
09/12 - The Goldbergs - The Complete Third Season
09/12 - The Goldbergs - The Complete Fourth Season
09/12 - People of Earth - The Complete First Season
09/12 - Veep - The Complete Sixth Season (Blu-ray)
09/19 - Living Single - The Complete Second Season
09/19 - Modern Family - The Complete Eighth Season
09/26 - Ned and Stacey - The Complete Series
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 01-06-2010, 01:28 AM   #136
JamesG
Forum Celebrity
Freakshow

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesG
A 4-minute pilot was the only thing made from this series that was used to sell it to the networks. It got leaked on the internet sometime in the years past.

Here is the short promo for the scrapped Buffy cartoon - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mnUvZP7-5LM
Old 01-06-2010, 09:26 AM   #137
Dr. Thong
a/k/a "ACK!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big3sCompanyFan
HA HA! You know I meant MOTHER!

Well, these days you can't be too sure of anything.
Old 01-06-2010, 09:51 AM   #138
JamesG
Forum Celebrity
Freakshow

The current teen drama Gossip Girl had plans for a spin-off that never happened.

The spin-off was to feature a young "Lily van der Woodsen" (Kelly Rutherford's role) played by Brittany Snow.
Old 01-06-2010, 03:26 PM   #139
Big3sCompanyFan
Banned!!
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesG
The current teen drama Gossip Girl had plans for a spin-off that never happened.

The spin-off was to feature a young "Lily van der Woodsen" (Kelly Rutherford's role) played by Brittany Snow.

LOL! I've never even heard of that show.
Old 01-07-2010, 08:27 AM   #140
JamesG
Forum Celebrity
Freakshow

Quote:
LOL! I've never even heard of that show.

It's on the CW since 2007.
Show is based off of a book series
Old 01-16-2010, 07:58 PM   #141
JamesG
Forum Celebrity
Freakshow

It was considered to give the cartoon character Elmyra Duff her own show spun-off from Tiny Toon Adventures that focused on her and her family The Duffs.

A couple of Tiny Toon episodes only focused on Elmyra and her family to "test the waters" on centering around Elmyra. The series never happened.

However, Elmyra Duff later joined Pinky and the Brain in a re-tooled version of their show called Pinky, Elmyra & the Brain.
Old 01-20-2010, 11:29 PM   #142
JamesG
Forum Celebrity
Freakshow

The WB show Charmed was due to get a spin-off called Mermaid.

This idea was inspired by the Season 5 two-part episode called "A Witch's Tale" in which Pheobe (Alyssa Milano) transforms into a mermaid in an attempt to "swim away" from her problems after encountering a mermaid-turned-human.

The plot of the proposed idea was to depict the mermaids according to the mythology used in Charmed.

A mermaid named Nikki is saved by a young man after drifitng ashore. She tries to live a normal life and help people with her abilities as a mermaid while avoiding the capture of those who want her back in the water with them.

The pilot was developed but when the WB and UPN merged into The CW the new network passed on it and Mermaid was scrapped.
Old 01-23-2010, 11:55 PM   #143
jehobden

Quote:
HA HA! You know I meant MOTHER!

From Good Times, Esther Rolle was also old enough to be John Amos' mother. She was nearly 20 years older than he was.
Old 01-25-2010, 03:17 AM   #144
treky
Forum Veteran
star trek fan

I think there was going to be a "Laverne & Shirley" spinoff about Lenny & Squiggy.
At one poinnt, there was going to be an "ALL IN THE FAMILY" spinoff about Fr. Muljescy-a priest that was played by Bernard Hughes on "AITF".

Granny: "How much fer one o' them red diamonds?"
clerk: "Madam, those are rubies."
Granny: "OK ask her kin we buy one offa her."
clerk: " The ruby I am talking about is not a lady."
Granny: "Lissen, how she got them diamonds is her business. I'm just sayin' ask her kin we buy one from her."
Old 01-26-2010, 05:03 AM   #145
JamesG
Forum Celebrity
Freakshow

Quote:
Originally Posted by HHorseman
Wasnt their rumours of a spin off Will @ Grace,called Jack @ Karen

Yes.

The last word on that was that it was going to possibly debut in the Fall 2009 season.

Sean Hayes and Megan Mullally were rumored to reprise their roles for Jack & Karen.
Old 02-18-2010, 10:25 AM   #146
JamesG
Forum Celebrity
Freakshow

Hilary Duff was asked to do a spin-off of Lizzie McGuire that would have Lizzie be in high-school and air on ABC. This was proposed after she did The Lizzie McGuire Movie which ended the series.

It was going to be aimed for a higher demographic (more than likely for the kids who grew up with the show and were now older themselves).

At the time Hilary Duff was looking to get on the big-screen and trying to get into music.

Duff demanded $100,000 an episode and she was offered $35,000 instead. She refused and they couldn't negotitate any longer so the second Lizzie McGuire series, and possible second motion-picture, never happened.
Old 03-26-2010, 05:10 PM   #147
OOliver
Forum Regular

Maybe someone else knows more info. on this.

I heard that after One Day at a Time ended that they were considering giving Pat Harrington Jr. (Schneider) his own show but nothing ever happened.

I don't recall this story, but I do remember there was talk back then of spinning Valerie Bertinelli / Boyd Gaines off into their own sitcom once "One Day..." had ended it's run.

If I remember correctly (via "TV Guide"?), 'Barbara' and her husband 'Dr. Mark Royer' were going be living in a 'snobby' suburb, while Grandma Romano (Nanette Fabray) was going to make 'regular guest appearances'. (I guess Fabray was going to take over the maternal role?) In any event, it never happened.
Old 04-23-2010, 01:07 AM   #148
JamesG
Forum Celebrity
Freakshow

Megan Mullally recently gave an interview with TV Squad where she talks about the "Will & Grace" spin-off that never happened, "Karen & Jack":

Karen really was the breakout character of the show; was there ever any talk of doing a Karen spin-off?

There was, actually. There was a Karen spin-off that was supposed to happen, and then NBC launched "Joey". And then they started to think maybe that wasn't such a great idea, after all, and they decided that they wanted me to do that talk show.

So that's how it all played out, and it's fine that it worked out the way it did. I think that they might have approached Sean [Hayes], but I don't think Sean wanted to do it. I don't know for sure, but I do know that there was definitely a Karen thing, and it was all kind of mapped out.

It was going to be sort of like an 'Upstairs, Downstairs' show, with Karen and all of her servants. And I had pitched it to Martin Short and Alec Baldwin -- and this is pre-Alec Baldwin even being on "Will & Grace", much less "30 Rock".

And they were both interested. Martin Short was going to play the butler, who was secretly in love with [Karen], but she didn't really know, and then Alec Baldwin was going to be my jet-set playboy love interest.

http://www.tvsquad.com/2010/04/22/me...nd-recreation/
Old 05-11-2010, 12:27 AM   #149
JamesG
Forum Celebrity
Freakshow

The "Beavis and Butthead" spin-off "Daria" had its own spin-off written but it never got off of the ground.

The proposed "Daria" spin-off was to be centered on the Mystik Spiral band; the grunge rock band featured on the show. Daria had romantic relations with the band's lead Trent Lane.

The script for the never-before-seen Mystik Spiral spin-off was released with the "Daria" complete series DVD.
Old 05-11-2010, 09:59 AM   #150
Dr. Thong
a/k/a "ACK!"

A spinoff of a spinoff. You can only water something down so many times before you have...nothing.