Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board


Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Spin-offs and One-Year Wonders
User Name
Password


Welcome to the Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, search, view attachments, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

CBS Fall Pilot Reviews: Young Sheldon and Me, Myself & I, Both Premiere Tonight (Sep. 25)
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of September 25, 2017)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Roseanne Reboot Casts David and Darlene's Daughter; The CW Developing New Series Based Upon Sabrina Character
Fri-Yay: The Good Place's Season Premiere; FXX to Air All Season One Episodes of The Mick on September 23
Hulu Gets Will & Grace Fever; New Netflix Comedy Has Girl Power
Rules of Engagement Coming to Logo; Younger Season 4 Sets Series Best
Pop Picks Up 2nd Season of Hollywood Darlings; South Park Still Strong in Season 21


New on DVD/Blu-ray (August/September)

Father Knows Best - Season Six Diff'rent Strokes - The Complete Sixth Season Alice - The Complete Fifth Season Rhoda - Season Four Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Four

08/01 - Alice - The Complete Fifth Season (WBShop.com)
08/01 - Crashing - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
08/15 - Rhoda - Season Four
08/22 - Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Four
08/29 - Will & Grace - Season One (Universal)
09/01 - Angie - The Complete Collection
09/05 - Just Shoot Me! - The Complete Series
09/05 - Kevin Can Wait - Season One
09/06 - Better Things - The Complete First Season
09/06 - You're the Worst - The Complete Third Season
09/12 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Tenth Season (Blu-ray)
09/12 - Coach - The Complete Series
09/12 - The Goldbergs - The Complete Third Season
09/12 - The Goldbergs - The Complete Fourth Season
09/12 - People of Earth - The Complete First Season
09/12 - Veep - The Complete Sixth Season (Blu-ray)
09/19 - Living Single - The Complete Second Season
09/19 - Modern Family - The Complete Eighth Season
09/26 - Ned and Stacey - The Complete Series
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-20-2006, 12:34 PM   #31
PrettyinPink55
Forum Veteran
Member
 
PrettyinPink55's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 11, 2005
Location: Texas
Posts: 24,543
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KristinHerreraFan
For the People (2002)

What show was this?
__________________
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2006, 01:39 PM   #32
TVFactFan
Forum Legend
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 17, 2002
Posts: 89,290
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrettyinPink55
What show was this?


A legal Drama that aired on Lifetime
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2006, 04:24 PM   #33
snl 70s show fan
Senior Member
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 14, 2005
Location: in the forman basment
Posts: 2,419
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve M.
Probably "Mr. Merlin" from the 1981-82 season.
i hated that show too
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2006, 09:03 PM   #34
Chad Michael Murray
Senior Member
Member
 
Chad Michael Murray's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 23, 2005
Location: Illinois
Posts: 1,490
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAX
I actually live in Schaumburg, the same town you live in. We talked about this before remember? I graduated from Schaumburg High School in 1994.

Oh CRAP! LMAO!

I remembered talking to someone about it before, a looooong time ago, but I couldn't recall who.

This means we literally DO have a really big chance of crossing paths...

*Invests in a disguise*
__________________
"I think that Iím definitely connected to my sensitive side.
I pretty much wear my emotions on my sleeves for the people in my life."
--Chad Michael Murray
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2006, 09:08 PM   #35
Nighthawk76
Forum Veteran
Rachel Berry
 
Nighthawk76's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 28, 2003
Location: Illinois
Posts: 23,194
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad Michael Murray
Oh CRAP! LMAO!

I remembered talking to someone about it before, a looooong time ago, but I couldn't recall who.

This means we literally DO have a really big chance of crossing paths...

*Invests in a disguise*

  Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2006, 01:06 PM   #36
megamanj2004
Senior Member
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 21, 2004
Posts: 2,297
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gilligan fanatic
For some reason I decided to watch this last year (mostly because of Lonni Anderson ) but I saw The Mullets and it was awful.

I agree! About the only good thing about that show was that the father had a job as a game show host! Othewise, time to trim the Mullets!

Whoopi - This show proved that Whoopi was on her last legs as a washed-up has-beene.

Coupling - It worked in England, but here, (Family Feud buzzer plays) it didn't have a whale of a chance at all! No one barely even noticed this turkey!

Joanie Loves Chachi - easily the worst Happy Days spin-off of all! However, the funny thing about this show is that it's number 1 in Korea as Chachi in Korean means something about something that I won't get into on here!
__________________
10 AND A HALF YEARS GOING STRONG!!!
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2006, 06:41 PM   #37
TVFactFan
Forum Legend
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 17, 2002
Posts: 89,290
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by megamanj2004
I agree! About the only good thing about that show was that the father had a job as a game show host! Othewise, time to trim the Mullets!

Whoopi - This show proved that Whoopi was on her last legs as a washed-up has-beene.

Coupling - It worked in England, but here, (Family Feud buzzer plays) it didn't have a whale of a chance at all! No one barely even noticed this turkey!

Joanie Loves Chachi - easily the worst Happy Days spin-off of all! However, the funny thing about this show is that it's number 1 in Korea as Chachi in Korean means something about something that I won't get into on here!



Mork and Mindy was the Worst Happy Days Spinoff
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2006, 08:31 PM   #38
Steve M.
Forum Celebrity
Holding the compass
 
Steve M.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 07, 2003
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 28,395
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by megamanj2004

Whoopi - This show proved that Whoopi was on her last legs as a washed-up has-been.


That sitcom was Whoopi's attempt to do an inverted "All In the Family"-type show with a Bush-bashing Archie Bunker-type character played by Whoopi. But the idea of Bush as a hopeless idiot was one not shared by 71 percent of the American people at the time, and NBC buried it on Tuesday nights opposite "American Idol" to make sure it tanked. . . and to keep Karl Rove from seeing it and having the FCC go after them!
__________________
My blogs:

Miscellaneous Musings

Pictures of Beautiful Women

WANTED DEAD OR ALIVE:

REPUBLICAN GOVERNORS CHRIS CHRISTIE - SCOTT WALKER - RICK SNYDER - JOHN KASICH - RICK SCOTT - PAUL LEPAGE

ON THE CHARGE OF IMPERSONATING AN OFFICE!!
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2006, 11:17 AM   #39
ky24943
Frequent Poster
#1 Roseanne Fan
 
ky24943's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 01, 2005
Location: Meridian, ID and Landford, IL
Posts: 176
Default

Free Ride (2006)
__________________
Guy on Airplane: Oh great, I always end up sitting next to a damn baby.
Stewie: What did you just say?
Lois: Stewie, stop fussing.
Stewie: Pipe down Lois. (Slaps guy on head.) Hey big man, turn around. Oh you can't hear me now. I was going to watch the movie, but forget it. For the next 5 hours, you're my b****.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2006, 03:38 PM   #40
megamanj2004
Senior Member
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 21, 2004
Posts: 2,297
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve M.
That sitcom was Whoopi's attempt to do an inverted "All In the Family"-type show with a Bush-bashing Archie Bunker-type character played by Whoopi. But the idea of Bush as a hopeless idiot was one not shared by 71 percent of the American people at the time, and NBC buried it on Tuesday nights opposite "American Idol" to make sure it tanked. . . and to keep Karl Rove from seeing it and having the FCC go after them!

  Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2006, 03:49 PM   #41
megamanj2004
Senior Member
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 21, 2004
Posts: 2,297
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVResearcher
Mork and Mindy was the Worst Happy Days Spinoff

What made you think that?
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2006, 08:40 PM   #42
Steve M.
Forum Celebrity
Holding the compass
 
Steve M.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 07, 2003
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 28,395
Default

Yeah - what?
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2006, 08:41 PM   #43
megamanj2004
Senior Member
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 21, 2004
Posts: 2,297
Default

Carry On.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2006, 05:28 PM   #44
TV Knowledge Fan
Senior Member
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 29, 2006
Location: Long Branch, N.J.
Posts: 2,456
Default Obviously, NONE of you ever saw....

..."YOU TAKE THE KIDS", a domestic comedy Nell Carter fronted on CBS Saturday nights from December 1990 through January 1991. It was supposed to be HER version of "ROSEANNE", but it was....well, terrible. There were six episodes taped (including a Christmas show!), but the last one was never shown, as CBS presented special coverage of the first Iraq war instead. Now that I think about it, I think that was more entertaining than her show.


  Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2006, 08:21 PM   #45
TVFactFan
Forum Legend
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 17, 2002
Posts: 89,290
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TV Knowledge Fan
..."YOU TAKE THE KIDS", a domestic comedy Nell Carter fronted on CBS Saturday nights from December 1990 through January 1991. It was supposed to be HER version of "ROSEANNE", but it was....well, terrible. There were six episodes taped (including a Christmas show!), but the last one was never shown, as CBS presented special coverage of the first Iraq war instead. Now that I think about it, I think that was more entertaining than her show.





Thats the show I'm still searching for. All I have is a CBS PROMO
  Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:08 PM.


Although the administrators and moderators of the Sitcoms Online Message Boards will attempt to keep all objectionable messages off this forum, it is impossible for us to review all messages. All messages express the views of the author, and neither the owners of the Sitcoms Online Message Boards, nor Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. (developers of vBulletin) will be held responsible for the content of any message. The owners of the Sitcoms Online Message Boards reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any thread for any reason.

Powered by: vBulletin Version 3.5.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.