Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Games / Movies / Music / Sports / Random Posts / Politics

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Chit Chat > Chit Chat - Politics

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of December 17, 2018)
SitcomsOnline Digest: The Conners Second Season Looking Likely; Apple to Produce New Peanuts Content
Fri-Yay: Where Will The Good Place Go Next?; Everything's Gonna Be Okay at Freeform
ABC Mid-Season 2019 Schedule; Amy Sedaris Laffer Returns Feb. 19 on truTV
ABC Picks Up Comedy Starring Lake Bell, Dax Shepard; EPIX Dark Comedy Gets 3rd Season
Lifetime Brings in the Stars for Winter Movies; Celebs Line Up for CBS All Access' Twilight Zone
HBO Comedy Crashing Returns for Season 3; Nick Sitcom Starts Jan. 5

New on DVD/Blu-ray (October/November/December)

The Beverly Hillbillies - The Official Fifth Season The Love Boat - Season Four - Volume One Saved by the Bell - The Complete Collection Alice - The Complete Eighth Season Step by Step - The Complete Third Season

10/02 - The Beverly Hillbillies - The Official Fifth Season
10/02 - Bob's Burgers - The Complete 6th Season
10/02 - Bob's Burgers - The Complete 7th Season
10/02 - Bob's Burgers - The Complete 8th Season
10/02 - Ghosted - The Complete First Season
10/02 - The Love Boat - Season Four - Volume One / Volume Two
10/02 - Police Squad! - TV and Movie Collection
10/02 - Saved by the Bell - The Complete Collection
10/16 - Community - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
10/23 - Alice - The Complete Eighth Season
10/24 - The Odd Couple (2015) - Season Two
10/24 - The Odd Couple (2015) - Season Three
10/31 - The Bad News Bears - The Complete Series - All 26 Episodes
11/01 - Episodes - Season 5
11/05 - Robin Williams - Comic Genius (includes Mork & Mindy)
11/06 - American Dad! - Volume 13
11/16 - Man with a Plan - Season One
11/20 - Step by Step - The Complete Third Season
11/27 - What I Like About You - The Complete Third Season
12/04 - Family Guy - Season Sixteen
12/04 - Perfect Strangers - The Complete Sixth Season
12/18 - Our Cartoon President - Season One
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 09-30-2018, 07:09 PM   #61
DadTheKing

Democrats are using the #metoo as a delay tool. To disrupt Kavanaugh, because they do not have the votes to stop him. Dems could care less about women. Look at the Bug eyed groper Booker. He ADMITS to groping a girl in high school. Yet he does not resign his senate job.
DadTheKing is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2018, 11:01 PM   #62
Foggy

Graham wants another investigation — into how Democrats handled Ford's accusations
“We’re going to do a wholesale and full-scale investigation of what I think was a despicable process,” Graham told ABC’s “This Week.”

“Who betrayed Dr. Ford’s trust, who in Feinstein’s office recommended Katz as a lawyer, why did Ms. Ford not know that the committee was willing to go to California,” Graham said, listing the elements he wanted looked into.

During Thursday’s hearing, Republicans also raised questions about how Ford was put in touch with her lawyer and about why offers for committee staff to travel to California to interview Ford were not known by Ford.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/sup...ations-n915156

The lawyers may have to appear before the "BAR Association" to answers questions, which could lead them to get "disbarred "

Also the "go fund me" pages that have been set up for Ford,(one has 528,00+, the other had 280,000+) are going to be investigated.
The money pledged might have to be donated to a charity.
An accusation has been made that it could be a payment (or bribe) for her testimony, if found to be true, "go fund me" could be shut down (IMHO)
Foggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2018, 06:29 AM   #63
janet42
Three's Company Fan!

. Look at the Bug eyed groper Booker. He ADMITS to groping a girl in high school. Yet he does not resign his senate job.[/QUOTE]

Life's not fair.
janet42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2018, 09:38 AM   #64
Foggy

Quote:
Originally Posted by DadTheKing View Post
Look at the Bug eyed groper Booker. He ADMITS to groping a girl in high school. Yet he does not resign his senate job.
Quote:
Originally Posted by janet42 View Post
Life's not fair.
You are right-- it's not fair, but this is what DadTheking is pointing out.
The left claims to be the fighter for all woman, and that they have to be believed. Yet, they are ignoring Booker and that of below.
The only conclusion that one can draw is the LEFT are lying hypocrites that don't believe all women should be heard and believed.

You be the judge.

The woman who accused Democratic Minnesota Representative Keith Ellison of domestic abuse last month has reiterated her allegations that the Congressman physically and emotionally abused her during their relationship.

Karen Monahan tweeted Monday that the Democrats had not stood by her since she accused Ellison, who is running for Minnesota attorney general, of the abuse.

"I've been smeared, threatened, isolated from my own party. I provided medical records from 2017, stating on two different Dr. Visits, I told them about the abuse and who did it. My therapist released records stating I have been dealing and healing from the abuse," she wrote on social media. "Four people, including my supervisor at the time, stated that I came to them after and shared the exact story I shared publicly, I shared multiple text between me and Keith, where I discuss the abuse with him and much more. As I said before, I knew I wouldn't be believed." (...)

https://www.newsweek.com/accuser-rei...llison-1129202

Old 10-01-2018, 06:20 PM   #65
Foggy

Do you know that it has been said that if the left loses support by US Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg that they have gone to far, well.....here is her statement on Brett's confirmation...

(...)"The way it was was right. The way it is is wrong," Ginsburg said. "I wish I could wave a magic wand and have it go back the way it was."

"Think of Justice Scalia, who’s certainly a known character," she continued, adding that he was confirmed unanimously. "That’s the way it should be...instead of what it’s become, which is a highly-partisan show. The Republicans move in lockstep, and so do the Democrats."(...)

https://www.bustle.com/p/ruth-bader-...-have-11910943
Old 10-01-2018, 11:51 PM   #66
Foggy

This is an analysis of Dr Ford's testimony.
Body language is known to speak more than words.
It is 26:46 long and some what interesting.
It does not cover all of her testimony, just parts that were picked out.

Body Language: Brett Kavanaugh Hearing Of Christine Blasey Ford

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uGxr1VQ2dPI

I would most definitely like to see a body language analysis of Brett Kavanaugh, hopefully before the vote. If I find one I will post it.
Old 10-02-2018, 11:16 AM   #67
Foggy

What is happening to Brett Kavanaugh has very eerie similarities as to what happened to US Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas in his hearing.

Watch it for yourself, invest the time to educate yourself. The time is 22:58, yes it is long, but maybe everyone should see it. The Senate Judiciary Committee Chairman was Joe Biden

Judge Thomas ''This is a circus.."I mean, just go on and kill me and get it over with,"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=peEA-fqmwDU
Old 10-02-2018, 11:25 AM   #68
Foggy

I have not been able to find a body language analysis of Brett's hearing after the hearing with Dr Ford. I did find one on the Fox News interview, it is 7:06 long

Body Language: Brett Kavanaugh Fox News Interview

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SoZAhiJZXgA
Old 10-02-2018, 04:07 PM   #69
TMC
Forum Celebrity

SNL's casting Matt Damon as Brett Kavanaugh was a terrible decision considering his past #MeToo comments

"Regardless of how the performance was received, it’s almost unbelievable that Damon was cast in the first place," says Kevin Fallon. "It’s one of a series of gripes with an episode that proved the show either inelegant or incapable of dealing with issues surrounding sexual assault with nuance, hindered by its own reckless pursuit of headlines over responsibility." As Fallon points out, Damon was at the center of controversy last year after he responded to the #MeToo movement by decrying the "culture of outrage" and arguing that allegations of sexual misconduct should be analyzed on a "spectrum." Damon also defended Louis CK and said not enough attention was being paid to the men who didn't commit acts of sexual misconduct. He later apologized for his insensitive remarks. "Perhaps Damon and SNL thought that having him play Kavanaugh in a sketch meant to expose the judge as a hypocrite and a liar puts the actor on some path to atonement for his previous remarks on the issue. Or perhaps they both thought it too innocuous to consider," says Fallon. "But these things matter. Even celebrity casting on a sketch comedy series matters. If we are to judge this on a spectrum, casting a man who once insinuated that the #MeToo movement has gone too far as Brett Kavanaugh falls somewhere between tone-deaf and triggering at a time when women who come forward continue to be dismissed, vilified, mocked, targeted, and not believed."

ALSO:

Late-night's response to the Kavanaugh hearings reveals the problem with having too many male hosts

There was a "certain emotional remove" in the way the male late-night hosts responded to Thursday's testimonies from Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh and his accuser, Dr. Christine Blasey Ford, according to Judy Berman. She pointed to the short video Samantha Bee released online Friday as demonstrating that there is a "shortage of similarly cathartic female voices" on late-night TV.

Matt Damon was the perfect choice to play SNL's Brett Kavanaugh

"SNL had a tall order in the opening of its 44th season premiere," says Matt Wilstein. "They had to introduce a brand new character, Brett Kavanaugh, who has never appeared on the show before but has become indelible in the minds of Americans after his testimony before the Senate Judiciary Committee just two days (before)." Damon, he says, "absolutely nailed" the U.S. Supreme Court justice nominee, playing him "even more fired-up than the real thing." Kate McKinnon was terrific, too, as Sen. Lindsey Graham. Wilstein adds: "By casting Damon, who is unlikely to pull an Alec Baldwin and return week after week, perhaps SNL is predicting that we won’t be seeing much more of Kavanaugh after this coming week’s FBI investigation."
TMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2018, 05:06 PM   #70
Babalu

Now the dopey liberals are saying that Kavanaugh shouldn't be on the Supreme Court because he has been accused of - get this - once throwing ice cubes in a bar while in college. You can't make this **** up - unless of course you're a dopey liberal.

I just nailed Mrs. Trumbull
Babalu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2018, 05:17 PM   #71
IllinoisTVFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babalu View Post
Now the dopey liberals are saying that Kavanaugh shouldn't be on the Supreme Court because he has been accused of - get this - once throwing ice cubes in a bar while in college. You can't make this **** up - unless of course you're a dopey liberal.
I haven't heard that one but that is funny. I've done a heck of a lot worse than that.
IllinoisTVFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2018, 05:23 PM   #72
Babalu

Quote:
Originally Posted by IllinoisTVFan View Post
I haven't heard that one but that is funny. I've done a heck of a lot worse than that.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/36598...-ryan-saavedra

Quote:
CNN's Alisyn Camerota said on Tuesday that the ice-throwing incident that Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh was involved in during his college years was a relevant piece of information in determining whether he was guilty of sexual assault.
Not CNN, Sh**NN.
Babalu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2018, 05:27 PM   #73
IllinoisTVFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babalu View Post
That's just silly. If they investigated any of us when we were younger, none of us could be on the Supreme Court.
IllinoisTVFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2018, 09:12 PM   #74
Foggy

How many Democrats have you heard say,
"This is not a criminal case, so there is NO PRESUMPTION OF INNOCENCE, no DUE PROCESS necessary?" This is just a job application.

WRONG and here is why, because an ACCUSATION of a crime has been leveled against him.

Direct Statements and Amendments
Technically speaking, it's not. The Constitution does not mention this right by name. Instead, the general principle was simply taken from English common law. It has since been backed up firmly in numerous cases, by many accounts starting with Coffin vs. the United States in 1895.

That being said, the Fifth Amendment and the 14th Amendment both speak to the "due process" that is intended to be carried out. It is a Constitutional right to be allowed this due process, and it is understood that your right to be presumed innocent is a "fundamental element" of this process. In that sense, it is a Constitutional right, even if it is not directly addressed.

What It Means for Those Accused
For those accused of crimes under U.S. law, this principle means that the burden of proof is on the other party to show that the accused is actually guilty. People sometimes assume that you go to court to prove that you're innocent, but this isn't the case. You have no obligation to do so. The court must start off with the belief that you're already innocent, and this is only to change if guilt is then established to a degree that goes beyond reasonable doubt. You don't have to prove anything if the court can't reach this distinction.

Understanding Your Rights
It's critical to know what you are and are not obligated to do in court, what legal rights you have, and how the due process of law is intended to work. Never let any assumptions about the legal system cloud your thinking, and remember that you have intrinsic rights no matter what accusations you face.

https://blog.lawinfo.com/2017/12/12/...-constitution/

So has Brett Kavanaugh's Constitutional Rights been violated by our Democratic lawmakers?
Old 10-05-2018, 05:57 PM   #75
irehtman

Kavanaugh will be sworn in and he will be overlooked and disciplined by the US congress to do the right thing as a supreme court justice. Not only that, at the same time, Kavanaugh will not be too punished as Trump by the US congress, TBH, IMO.
irehtman is offline   Reply With Quote