Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Family Guy links at Sitcoms Online / Family Guy Photo Gallery

Family Guy - Volume 1 (Seasons 1 & 2)

Buy Family Guy - Volume 1 (Seasons 1 & 2) on DVD
Family Guy - Volume 2 (Season 3)

Buy Family Guy - Volume 2 (Season 3) on DVD
Family Guy - Volume 3 (Season 4)

Buy Family Guy - Volume 3 (Season 4) on DVD
Family Guy - Volume 4 (Season 4)

Buy Family Guy - Volume 4 (Season 4) on DVD
Family Guy - Volume 5 (Season 5)

Buy Family Guy - Volume 5 (Season 5) on DVD
Family Guy - Volume 6

Buy Family Guy - Volume 6 on DVD
Family Guy - Volume 7

Buy Family Guy - Volume 7 on DVD
Family Guy - Volume 8

Buy Family Guy - Volume 8 on DVD
Family Guy - Volume 9

Buy Family Guy - Volume 9 on DVD
Family Guy - Volume 10

Buy Family Guy - Volume 10 on DVD
Family Guy - Volume 11

Buy Family Guy - Volume 11 on DVD
Family Guy - Volume 12

Buy Family Guy - Volume 12 on DVD
Family Guy - Season 13

Buy Family Guy - Season 13 on DVD

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Cartoons/Animated Series > Family Guy

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of October 22, 2018)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Is Alice Next in Line for a Reboot?; CBS Gives Full Season to Three New Series
Fri-Yay: New Sitcoms - What's Working and What's Not?; Brockmire Season 3 Brings Out the Stars
ABC Picks Up Single Parents for Full Year; Netflix Gets Tia Mowry and Loretta Devine Sitcom
Showtime Comedy Gets More Stars; Netflix Orders New Comedy from Novel Writer
NBC Sets January 2019 Lineup; Team Coco Heads to New York Comedy Festival
ABC Fall Pilot Review: The Kids Are Alright - Premieres Tuesday (Oct. 16); FX Gets New Comedy for 2020

New on DVD/Blu-ray (September/October)

The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Eleventh Season The Middle - The Complete Ninth Season Modern Family - The Complete Ninth Season Step by Step - The Complete Second Season Perfect Strangers - The Complete Fifth Season

09/04 - It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia - The Complete Season 12
09/04 - Mom - The Complete Fifth Season
09/04 - Silicon Valley - The Complete Fifth Season
09/04 - Superstore - Season Three
09/04 - Young Sheldon - The Complete First Season
09/11 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Eleventh Season (Blu-ray)
09/11 - The Middle - The Complete Ninth Season
09/11 - Modern Family - The Complete Ninth Season
09/11 - People of Earth - The Complete Second Season
09/18 - Community - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
09/18 - Step by Step - The Complete Second Season
09/18 - You're the Worst - The Complete Fourth Season
09/25 - Blondie - The Complete 1957 Television Series
09/25 - Perfect Strangers - The Complete Fifth Season
10/02 - The Beverly Hillbillies - The Official Fifth Season
10/02 - The Love Boat - Season Four - Volume One / Volume Two
10/02 - Saved by the Bell - The Complete Collection
10/16 - Police Squad! - TV and Movie Collection
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 06-11-2017, 06:41 AM   #1
LaBestia
Ben Bailey's Taxi Girl

Default Will Family Guy have plans to hire a replacement voice actor for the mayor?

With the passing of Adam West I wonder if Family Guy will have a brand new actor to provide the voice of the mayor or will the mayor no longer appear in Family Guy episodes next season? Because Adam West was one of the popular voice actors in Family Guy and I wonder now that Adam West has now passed away if FOX will decide to cancel Family Guy because of this?
Bestie
Old 06-11-2017, 07:47 AM   #2
robyrob
certified wackball#3
Forum Legend

it would be incredibly stupid and insensitive to try replace Adam West, the backlash would be huge.

I think they should cancel the show, but not just because of that.
robyrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2017, 08:42 AM   #3
king of comedy

They won't cancel Family Guy but like Carrie Fisher I'm sure they will retire the character and write how they will retire. Carol will now be a widow.
king of comedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2017, 03:35 PM   #4
MrCleveland
Drew Carey from Hell
Forum Veteran

Location: Where we have the biggest failure of all time...at least with a mascot! I'm looking at you Chief Wahoo, who retires an unhappy mascot!
Oh No

Quote:
Originally Posted by king of comedy
They won't cancel Family Guy but like Carrie Fisher I'm sure they will retire the character and write how they will retire. Carol will now be a widow.
I think so...

...I hope they bring James Woods as the mayor of Quohog.

But I'll boycott the next season since I hated Season 15.

Lee Hazlewood (1929-2007)
MrCleveland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2017, 07:50 PM   #5
MikaelaArsenault
Taran Noah Smith
Forum Veteran

Either replace the actor or retire the character.
MikaelaArsenault is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2017, 08:03 PM   #6
Retro4Life
Accept No Substitutes

I've often thought the show's creators are trying to get it canceled because they are bored with it; I think the quickest way to do that would be to try to replace West.

That would be beyond classless. I doubt they'll stoop that low.
Old 06-29-2017, 06:53 PM   #7
JamesG
Freakshow
Forum Celebrity

"Family Guy" Producer Reveals Plans for Adam West's Character
by Dan Snierson
June 29, 2017

Adam West may have died earlier this month, but his legacy — and tenure — as Mayor of Quahog will live on during the next season of "Family Guy".

His most recent appearance came just last month, but, as it turns out, that won’t be West’s last on-air contribution to the show. Before he died, West had also recorded lines for several episodes slated for next season, and EW has learned that the producers of the animated Fox comedy have decided that they will honor West and his legacy by airing those episodes.

(The show paid tribute to him on June 18 with a title card before a rebroadcast of the March episode “The Dating Game,” and earlier this month, Family Guy creator Seth MacFarlane saluted him on Twitter, concluding with, “Thank you from the bottom of my heart for all that you have given, Mr. Mayor. You’re irreplaceable.”)

In the following interview, "Family Guy" executive producer Steve Callaghan — who wrote the first episode featuring West, which aired back in 2000 — discusses West's upcoming appearances and what will become of the Mayor West character.

Because you work so far ahead in animation, how many episodes did Adam record lines for that haven’t aired yet?

Mayor West will be in five more episodes of the show that are scheduled to air this coming season.

Was there ever any discussion of whether or not you should run these episodes?

No. He’s such an integral part of the series that it never even occurred to us to take that out. I would almost feel like that was somehow not properly honoring him. I think the proper way to honor him is to keep the character in the show.

There were two or three episodes where his character had been written in, but he hadn’t yet recorded those, so obviously we’ve made accommodations for that. There was one scene where he was officiating a wedding, and it was easy enough to just have a different character do that. I wouldn’t even consider having someone come in and try to imitate his voice.

Sometimes, after someone passes away, some of the jokes don’t seem appropriate anymore. Did he actually record even more than the five episodes, but some of it won’t be used?

He recorded these five and there was nothing at any point that we watched and thought, “Oh, we can’t put that on the air because it doesn’t feel appropriate.”…

Nothing really fell into the category for us where we felt like that would be uncomfortable to watch on TV. It’s just him being his regular silly, goofy self.

How will you address his death on the show? What will happen to the character?

We haven’t exactly decided how we’re going to address the departure of Adam West’s character from the series. In fact, this is something that we’ve been dealing with concerning the loss of Carrie Fisher [who was a recurring guest voice].

But what I can say is that both of their departures from the show will certainly reflect the importance that each of those characters — and actors — had within our series.

Has there been any talk of keeping the mayor’s office vacant in his memory?

That is something we’ve only barely started to talk about. In a very real, emotional way, I feel like we’re all still kind of going through our own grieving process. We haven’t really even had a full conversation about it. He just seems so irreplaceable. I don’t know who could fill those shoes.

If we do replace him, it would probably be a character that is very different, or maybe Quahog just goes without a mayor for a little while. There could very well be a situation where we leave that office empty as a tribute for at least some period of time. It’s been a little too painful for us really get too deep into that conversation just yet.

What can we expect from Mayor West in these coming episodes?

At one point, Mayor West comes into possession of the $1 bill as he is hover-boarding through town with a rat in his pocket. Mayor West riding a hoverboard with a rat in his pocket — that’s certainly something to look forward to….

Later in the season, Mayor West is called upon to preside over a ceremony for a group of millennials. It does not go well.

http://ew.com/tv/2017/06/29/family-g...west-episodes/
JamesG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2017, 07:15 PM   #8
robyrob
certified wackball#3
Forum Legend

even Seth Macfarlane isn't stupid enough to try and replace Adam West.
robyrob is offline   Reply With Quote