Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > TV Series on DVD News and Discussion

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

South Park 8 Day Marathon on Comedy Central; Classic Adult Swim Comedy Returns with Special
NBC Fall Pilot Review: I Feel Bad - Premieres Wednesday (Sept. 19); 70th Annual Primetime Emmy Award Winners
Married with Children Now on WGN America; black-ish Enters National Syndication and Free Sneakers Contest
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of September 17, 2018)
SitcomsOnline Digest: ABC Orders Script for Designing Women Reboot; James Marsden and Ed Asner Cast in Netflix Series
Fri-Yay: A Look at the Upcoming Sitcom Slate; TV Guide's 1st Annual 100 Best Shows List
Dancing with the Stars Season 27 Cast Has Sitcom Stars; The Young Sheldon STEM Initiative
Critics' Choice Awards Set for January on The CW; IFC Sets New Episodes for Documentary Now!

New on DVD/Blu-ray (August/September)

The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Eleventh Season The Middle - The Complete Ninth Season Modern Family - The Complete Ninth Season Step by Step - The Complete Second Season Perfect Strangers - The Complete Fifth Season

08/07 - Happy Endings - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
08/15 - A.P. Bio - Season One
08/28 - Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Five
08/28 - Man Seeking Woman - The Complete Third Season
09/04 - It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia - The Complete Season 12
09/04 - Mom - The Complete Fifth Season
09/04 - Silicon Valley - The Complete Fifth Season
09/04 - Superstore - Season Three
09/04 - Young Sheldon - The Complete First Season
09/11 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Eleventh Season (Blu-ray)
09/11 - The Middle - The Complete Ninth Season
09/11 - Modern Family - The Complete Ninth Season
09/11 - People of Earth - The Complete Second Season
09/18 - Community - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
09/18 - Step by Step - The Complete Second Season
09/18 - You're the Worst - The Complete Fourth Season
09/25 - Blondie - The Complete 1957 Television Series
09/25 - Perfect Strangers - The Complete Fifth Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 08-16-2017, 09:54 AM   #1
tlc38tlc38
Knock! Knock!
Forum Veteran

Default Shout! Factory, finish what you start!

Shout! Factory has released some of my most-wanted shows on DVD in the past years and I'm extremely grateful for that.

However, it seems they have started releasing several shows and then stalled them with only a couple (or one) season left.

I wish they'd finish these on DVD:

Small Wonder (seasons 3 & 4)
Mr. Belvedere (seasons 5 & 6)
My Two Dads (season 3)
Deuteronomy 15:10
In loving memory of my best friend, my Mama.
tlc38tlc38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2017, 10:21 AM   #2
Svenfan1234
Carole King = Queen of Music

& Diff'rent Strokes Seasons 7 & 8
And take your soul if you let them,
Oh, but don't you let them

Carole King, You've Got a Friend
Svenfan1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2017, 01:55 PM   #3
bmasters9

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlc38tlc38
Shout! Factory has released some of my most-wanted shows on DVD in the past years and I'm extremely grateful for that.

However, it seems they have started releasing several shows and then stalled them with only a couple (or one) season left.
That is true-- there is, also, at least one series for which the releases have stalled with more than that: L.A. Law (only three-eighths done and stalled).
"CBS Sports presents...The Prudential College Football Report, sponsored by The Prudential, offering a full range of insurance and other financial services. The Prudential: the Rock...it's strong, it's on the move, it's bigger than life."

(Don Robertson's spiel for The Prudential College Football Report in the 1986 season; modified from what it was in 1985)
bmasters9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2017, 05:30 PM   #4
factsoflife

Blossom is the most classic example of this! Seasons 1 & 2 released, seasons 3, 4 and 5 stalled.
Old 08-16-2017, 08:13 PM   #5
Svenfan1234
Carole King = Queen of Music

Also "Marcus Welby, M.D.", " The Paper Chase", "Room 222" and "Fantasy Island".
Svenfan1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2017, 11:21 PM   #6
thebigcookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Svenfan1234
& Diff'rent Strokes Seasons 7 & 8
Well, they did just release 5 and 6 this year after a long wait, and I do have faith in them that they will release 7 and 8 in the near future. Hopefully 7 will be here before the end of the year, then 8 sometime early next year.
thebigcookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2017, 05:24 PM   #7
bh7812
Frequent Poster

Send a message via MSN to bh7812 Send a message via Yahoo to bh7812

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebigcookie
Well, they did just release 5 and 6 this year after a long wait, and I do have faith in them that they will release 7 and 8 in the near future. Hopefully 7 will be here before the end of the year, then 8 sometime early next year.
Yeah I wouldn't worry about Diff'rent Strokex, they'll almost certainly have that fully complete within 6 months. I still have to buy Seasons 5 and 6 even though I have the full series unofficially. It will be interesting to see if people buy the last season for collection completion purposes or if they'll just skip that one. Some aren't thrilled with the ending basically being a season finale even though it was a series finale-it's a very average, underwhelming episode by the way. Still others hate the final version of the theme song-I love it personally and prefer it over the version they'd used the other 7 seasons. I also must buy the final season of Newhart. Everyone should have a good qualify copy of what is probably the single best Series Finale in all of tv history in their collection!

I would, however, worry about Small Wonder and Mr. Belvidere. I've got all the released seasons of both shows and would like to see them completed too. But Shout keeps saying the last two seasons of both shows are actually owned by different companies, they're trying to complete them, etc we'll see. I'm about tired of waiting for them to complete Small Wonder officially. Both those shows have been stalled quite a while now.

I'd also add Webster to the frickin list...4 out of 6 seasons released, that needs to be finished too.

I'm growing unhappier with Shout too because they're starting to stream some shows that don't have any DVD releases at all on Twitcn! It's like come on release this stuff physically and digitally on iTunes, don't screw around with something like Twitch! Although it wouldn't be Shout releasing it, I'm furious that all of Mr. Rogers Neighborhood got streamed on Twitch earlier this summer! It was like you've got to be kidding me, all of it actually survived just release all of it physically and digitially! They'll make a truck ton of money on that! They're just like this is how we're doing it if you missed the stream sorry! Sorry won't cut it in those cases no excuses for no official releases.
bh7812 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2017, 09:07 PM   #8
tlc38tlc38
Knock! Knock!
Forum Veteran

I wrote Shout a letter about complete sets for "Mr. Belvedere" and "Small Wonder". I mailed it today.

Who knows, it may help. I did write them about "Green Acres" and we're finally getting that.

Here's their address:
Shout! Factory
2034 Armacost Ave., 1st Floor
Los Angeles, CA 90025
Old 09-06-2017, 10:53 PM   #9
Adamantium
TVAdam No More

My most wanted title for Shout! to finish is California Dreams. Just one more season and the series is complete.
Adamantium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2017, 08:26 AM   #10
Kasey

Looks like they are getting on the ball again with some great announcements the last few days. Hopefully more to come.

Top 10 Shows I Want Completed on DVD: It's a Living, Alice, The Donna Reed Show, Phyllis, Petticoat Junction, My Three Sons, Murphy Brown, The Hogan Family, Julia, 227
Kasey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2017, 01:23 PM   #11
MikaelaArsenault
Miles Robbins
Forum Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kasey
Looks like they are getting on the ball again with some great announcements the last few days. Hopefully more to come.
What's being announced?

And will always like Harry Anderson too.

"Ciao, baby!" - John Larroquette as Dan Fielding

MeTV, UP TV, Laff, or Cozi TV, please add Dave's World or The John Larroquette Show to your lineups. Thank you.

PLEASE release a complete series boxset of The John Larroquette Show (and the final season of Dave's World). Thanks.

Goodnight, sweet prince. Harry Anderson 1952-2018

Errrrrrruuuuuuuuahhh?? - Tim Allen
MikaelaArsenault is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2017, 01:25 PM   #12
tlc38tlc38
Knock! Knock!
Forum Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikaelaArsenault
What's being announced?
One Day at a Time, Police Woman