Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Unsolved Mysteries Online Main Page / Message Board / Show History / Episode Guide (1987-2002) / Expanded Episode Guide #2 / Expanded Episode Guide #3 / Case Updates / Wiki / Official Site / Lifetime Site / Lifetime Schedule / Related Links / True Crime Shows Message Board / All Other Cases Message Board / Buy The Best of Unsolved Mysteries DVD / Buy Unsolved Mysteries - The Ultimate Collection DVD

Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season on Amazon Instant Video
/
Season 2
/ Season 3 / Season 4 /
Season 5
/ Season 6 / Season 7 /
Season 8
/ Season 9 / Season 10 /
Season 11
/ Season 12 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina Episodes

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina - The Complete First Season Episodes on Amazon Instant Video
/ Season 2 / Season 3 / Season 4 / Season 5 / Season 6 / Season 7 / Season 8 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends DVD Set

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Unsolved Mysteries

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Barney Miller Summer Fridays on Antenna TV; Tyler Perry Studios Takes Over BET with New Series
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of June 24, 2019)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Mark-Paul Gosselaar Cast in black-ish Spinoff; Urkel Makes a Return in Scooby Doo
Fri-Yay: The Amazing Superstore Season 4 Finale; Netflix Has Healing Powers
Extreme Makeover: Home Edition Returns with "Modern" Twist; Showtime Is Back to Life For New Comedy
truTV Gets 2nd Season of Tacoma FD; I'm Sorry Gets Season 3 on truTV
NBC Fall 2019 Premiere Dates; The CW Fall 2019 Premiere Dates

New on DVD/Blu-ray (April/May/June)

Evening Shade - The Complete Collection Perfect Strangers - The Complete Seventh and Eighth Seasons My Three Sons - The Third Season - Volume One The Brady Bunch - 50th Anniversary The Brady-est TV & Movie Collection Will & Grace (The Revival) - Season Two

04/02 - Archer: Danger Island - The Complete Season Nine
04/09 - You're the Worst - The Complete Fifth Season
04/12 - Evening Shade - The Complete Collection
04/16 - The Big C - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
05/07 - Baskets - The Complete Season Three
05/13 - I'm Dying Up Here - Season 2
05/13 - My Three Sons - The Third Season - Volume One
05/13 - My Three Sons - The Third Season - Volume Two
05/14 - The Donna Reed Show - Seasons 1-5
05/14 - Petticoat Junction - Seasons 1-3
05/28 - Perfect Strangers - The Complete Seventh and Eighth Seasons (WBShop.com)
05/28 - South Park - The Complete Twenty-Second Season (Blu-ray)
06/04 - The Brady Bunch - 50th Anniversary The Brady-est Brady Bunch TV & Movie Collection
06/18 - Will & Grace (The Revival) - Season Two (Blu-ray)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 06-01-2007, 02:24 PM   #16
Goofyman
Frequent Poster

I haven't seen the case, which makes me kind of not good at really speculating specifics, but what if Dale got drunk one night and told up some fanciful tale of great riches via robbing some ill-prepared location and grabbing platinum? I can see it now, he talks to anyone, a bad guy overhears, and then starts buying him some drinks to keep on talking. Then, Dale is forced by the guy to carry out the plan and keep it mum (maybe threatening the family to keep it quiet).

As Kane said, I believe Dale to be an unwilling participant who was eventually taken care of and whose body is probably sitting in either the middle of a forest in a hole, or in the middle of a desert in a hole. Either way, I'm sure the body, if ever found, would be in worse shape than Beverly McGowan's (which was crudely decapitated with the wrists removed, part of the jaw removed, and with several missing pieces of skin in the abdomen, probably to remove locations of tattoos).

Sad case, really, though it is truly a great case for UM: Any theory works well if you give it enough reason and juice.
Goofyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 04:40 PM   #17
mozartpc27
Vigilante Logician
Forum Regular

The son in this case does not seem to be totally on the up-and-up, but I think the fact that Kerstetter 1) did not take his cigarettes and left his truck behind and 2) was stealing an item that it would be hard to imagine he would have had the connections and the knowledge to unload on the blackmarket make it unlikely that he was involved. However, I do think he knew the person doing it --- which is probably why he was killed (I believe he was murdered and dumped the night this happened many years ago). I think it is quite probable that Dale himself, drunk at a bar or something one night, bragged about how much valuable stuff was at the plant where he worked, if only someone had the cajones to steal it. Someone he knew or was at least acquainted with took him up on the challenge, and offed Dale in the process.
mozartpc27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 11:38 PM   #18
wiseguy182

I wonder if Dale has had any secret visits with his family, assuming he's still alive and was in on it. The statue of limitations on this one passed up a long time ago, but maybe he's staying away to help protect the family's name.

The son's boasting that his father can't be arrested if he returns because the statute of limitations expired was a bit odd, but someone on the boards mentioned awhile back that he might have said it because it would be tough to deal with the death of his father, which I agree with. It would be a traumatic experience, and in some cases the mind will take any means necessary to help the coping process.
wiseguy182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 12:25 AM   #19
moneypenny10
Frequent Poster

Default posts from dale's daughter

Please check out new posts from me, one of Dale's daughters, at the thread "Pollale Kerstetter". Would love to hear your feedback.
moneypenny10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2018, 02:28 PM   #20
Souldriver5440
Occasional Poster

I was watching this case again recently, and I think that Dale could've been one of the great literary characters. A man with a basically un extraordinary life, who is tempted to do something seemingly out of character, but probably has his own moral justification for it. He played by the rules, but the system didn't do him any favors. What makes a man like that tick? What's eating at him? I would totally read a book with a character like that. In fact I already have read several. It's very reminiscent of the works of John Steinbeck.
Souldriver5440 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2018, 03:28 PM   #21
EighthStreet
Frequent Poster

My take on this one is that he was involved in the robbery. The masked accomplice was to set up the scene where he was forced to hand over the platinum to the intruder who was then going to kidnap him. This is why he looked directly into the camera, to establish he was with the intruder.
He then went with his accomplice somewhere. Unfortunately for him he was no longer useful and was eliminated.
EighthStreet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2018, 05:14 PM   #22
5thcorps
Frequent Poster

I think Dale was eliminated after the fact because he probably would have been a liability. As in trying to call home etc when complete ambiguity would be the only means of non detection. I doubt he lived much more than a day after the heist
Old 12-31-2018, 05:54 PM   #23
DALLASTEXAN!!

for me I don't think he was involved. I think this one is straightforward. someone robbed the plant and the company tried to implicate Dale as to avoid any liability for poor security practices.
DALLASTEXAN!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2019, 01:38 PM   #24
Huskerz85
Forum Regular

I don't think he was involved - I personally think it was an inside job (my post on this is #692 - about halfway down the page in this other thread)

http://www.sitcomsonline.com/boards/...tetter&page=47
Huskerz85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2019, 07:29 PM   #25
drew790
Forum Regular

I hate that this poor dead man's legacy will forever be tainted with these rumors. The plant was a bleepshow that anyone, including his daughter, could walk into at any time of night.

They pinned this on him to make it go away for the sale, and likely to try and recoup their losses via their insurance (negligence = no payout). He was in that bag.
drew790 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2019, 04:13 AM   #26
James T

Quote:
Originally Posted by drew790 View Post
I hate that this poor dead man's legacy will forever be tainted with these rumors. The plant was a bleepshow that anyone, including his daughter, could walk into at any time of night.

They pinned this on him to make it go away for the sale, and likely to try and recoup their losses via their insurance (negligence = no payout). He was in that bag.
Well, if he didn't lock the doors & he was in charge of security for the building while on duty then he is to blame for that aspect-although the company didn't have great outside security either.

We will likely never know if he had set this up or not-personally I think he likely was involved & he got double-crossed.
James T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2019, 05:13 PM   #27
DALLASTEXAN!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by James T View Post
Well, if he didn't lock the doors & he was in charge of security for the building while on duty then he is to blame for that aspect-although the company didn't have great outside security either.

We will likely never know if he had set this up or not-personally I think he likely was involved & he got double-crossed.
The rep for the company that was interviewed on UM did not cite any evidence that he violated security procedures? or am I wrong? it would seem obvious to me that if he did something that grossly violated company procedures that would have been mentioned? The guy seemed to speculate, but did not mention detailed violations that were committed. I wonder if this was not gross negligance by the company to prevent platinum from being stolen and they are dragging the victim through the mud instead of admitting their own faults. I would consider hiring a lawyer.
Old 01-03-2019, 05:21 PM   #28
James T

Quote:
Originally Posted by DALLASTEXAN!! View Post
The rep for the company that was interviewed on UM did not cite any evidence that he violated security procedures? or am I wrong? it would seem obvious to me that if he did something that grossly violated company procedures that would have been mentioned? The guy seemed to speculate, but did not mention detailed violations that were committed. I wonder if this was not gross negligance by the company to prevent platinum from being stolen and they are dragging the victim through the mud instead of admitting their own faults. I would consider hiring a lawyer.
CrystalDawn did an interview with his family a while back & they said they would often drop by unannounced & let themselves in as he left the entrance door unlocked. I doubt the company were aware of this.
James T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2019, 09:19 AM   #29
sdb4884
UM Meme Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ_Foxx View Post
Dale's son from the segment seemed very suspect to me. I wouldn't be surprised if the son was the masked man in the video!!!
Lol apart from the disappearance of Dale this theory could actually hold water.
sdb4884 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2019, 01:32 AM   #30
DALLASTEXAN!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by James T View Post
CrystalDawn did an interview with his family a while back & they said they would often drop by unannounced & let themselves in as he left the entrance door unlocked. I doubt the company were aware of this.
that's a good bit of information. for me then it is very possible that poor security practices are to blame, not necessarily Dale being involved with a robbery. Surely Dale can share in some blame for not securing the building, but the company needs to share in the blame for not enforcing stricter policy. they obviously did so after the fact. perhaps they are creating a diversion by accusing Dale of a crime. I guess I've just come to the conclusion that Dale was murdered and feel badly that his family had to go through that.