Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Unsolved Mysteries Online Main Page / Message Board / Show History / Episode Guide (1987-2002) / Expanded Episode Guide #2 / Expanded Episode Guide #3 / Case Updates / Wiki / Official Site / Lifetime Site / Lifetime Schedule / Related Links / True Crime Shows Message Board / All Other Cases Message Board / Buy The Best of Unsolved Mysteries DVD / Buy Unsolved Mysteries - The Ultimate Collection DVD

Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season on Amazon Instant Video
/
Season 2
/ Season 3 / Season 4 /
Season 5
/ Season 6 / Season 7 /
Season 8
/ Season 9 / Season 10 /
Season 11
/ Season 12 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina Episodes

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina - The Complete First Season Episodes on Amazon Instant Video
/ Season 2 / Season 3 / Season 4 / Season 5 / Season 6 / Season 7 / Season 8 / Watch on YouTube


Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends DVD Set

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Unsolved Mysteries

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Extreme Makeover: Home Edition Returns with "Modern" Twist; Showtime Is Back to Life For New Comedy
truTV Gets 2nd Season of Tacoma FD; I'm Sorry Gets Season 3 on truTV
NBC Fall 2019 Premiere Dates; The CW Fall 2019 Premiere Dates
Netflix Gets Funny with Pranks with Stranger Things Star; Gabrielle Union and Jessica Alba Series Gets 2nd Season
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of June 17, 2019)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Fall Premiere Dates for CBS; CBS and Viacom in Merger Talks Yet Again
Fri-Yay: Reaction to The Good Place Ending; Antenna TV Brings Back Webster, What's Happening!! and What's Happening Now!!


New on DVD/Blu-ray (April/May/June)

Evening Shade - The Complete Collection Perfect Strangers - The Complete Seventh and Eighth Seasons My Three Sons - The Third Season - Volume One The Brady Bunch - 50th Anniversary The Brady-est TV & Movie Collection Will & Grace (The Revival) - Season Two

04/02 - Archer: Danger Island - The Complete Season Nine
04/09 - You're the Worst - The Complete Fifth Season
04/12 - Evening Shade - The Complete Collection
04/16 - The Big C - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
05/07 - Baskets - The Complete Season Three
05/13 - I'm Dying Up Here - Season 2
05/13 - My Three Sons - The Third Season - Volume One
05/13 - My Three Sons - The Third Season - Volume Two
05/14 - The Donna Reed Show - Seasons 1-5
05/14 - Petticoat Junction - Seasons 1-3
05/28 - Perfect Strangers - The Complete Seventh and Eighth Seasons (WBShop.com)
05/28 - South Park - The Complete Twenty-Second Season (Blu-ray)
06/04 - The Brady Bunch - 50th Anniversary The Brady-est Brady Bunch TV & Movie Collection
06/18 - Will & Grace (The Revival) - Season Two (Blu-ray)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-29-2017, 01:11 AM   #91
atomicfizz
Member
Forum Regular
 
atomicfizz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 07, 2008
Location: Minneapolis
Posts: 282
Default

Please be more specific, my ignorant ass doesn't get what you are getting at. I am obviously hearing different things about the timeline than you are.
atomicfizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2017, 11:29 AM   #92
Todd Mueller
Keepin' it real. . .
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 11, 2005
Location: St. Paul, MN
Posts: 1,327
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by neognosis
the most basic fact of the case is that prior to returning home, Jonbenet and family spent 6 hours, from 4pm at the Whites for a party.

6 hours.
If your point is that the killer had 6 hours to write a ransom note, then I would offer that the killer would have to know that would be gone and stay gone for an extended period of time. That would imply he/she knew the family well or was taking a hell of a risk. After all, they could return at any time and here would be the killer sitting in the kitchen writing a ransom note...

In the intruder theory, how do you explain the pineapple? The pineapple was in plain sight in the kitchen and was in JB's stomach. Patsy has denied feeding it to her and Burke said he was in bed the whole time. That leaves us with one of three possibilities:

1. Patsy is lying.
2. Burke is lying.
3. An intruder took JB from her bed, went down to the kitchen, fed her pineapple, took her to the basement, murdered her, wrote a ransom note, and then left the house (all undetected).

So again, under the "little green men" theory, it is possible. But all of this defies logic and points right back to the occupants in the house. Patsy and Burke's fingerprints are on the pineapple container and Burke's are on the glass. Patsy could have said, "Oh, we opened that earlier in the day and it was left out" but she didn't. She has denied all knowledge of how pineapple got into JB's stomach, and obviously now Patsy can't be questioned anymore.

In my heart, I hope that the Ramseys are innocent. I hate to think they did this to their sister/daughter and then covered it up. But facts can be difficult things.
Todd Mueller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2017, 11:34 AM   #93
LooksLikeCRicci
Likes to live in a clean house
Moderator
 
LooksLikeCRicci's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 27, 2005
Posts: 3,703
Send a message via AIM to LooksLikeCRicci Send a message via Yahoo to LooksLikeCRicci
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by neognosis
your conclusion rests on an ignorance of a very basic fact in this case

I am going to second atomicfizz's question to you-- I think the known timeline (unless you can point me to a different one) supports the theory that the note was written in the house and that the note clearly took some time to write.

I've been an ardent defender of the Ramsey family for years-- but even I have to admit that the location of the note, the content of the note, and the length of time it would take to write that note are what we in the legal biz call "a bad fact" for the Ramseys.

So please point out where we are wrong in the known timeline. Atomicfizz's recollection of the case matches my own.
LooksLikeCRicci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2017, 11:36 AM   #94
neognosis
Member
Forum Regular
 
Join Date: Nov 18, 2014
Location: kansas
Posts: 430
Icon15

Quote:
Originally Posted by atomicfizz
Please be more specific, my ignorant ass doesn't get what you are getting at. I am obviously hearing different things about the timeline than you are.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LooksLikeCRicci
I am going to second atomicfizz's question to you-- I think the known timeline (unless you can point me to a different one) supports the theory that the note was written in the house and that the note clearly took some time to write.

I've been an ardent defender of the Ramsey family for years-- but even I have to admit that the location of the note, the content of the note, and the length of time it would take to write that note are what we in the legal biz call "a bad fact" for the Ramseys.

So please point out where we are wrong in the known timeline. Atomicfizz's recollection of the case matches my own.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd Mueller
If your point is that the killer had 6 hours to write a ransom note, then I would offer that the killer would have to know that would be gone and stay gone for an extended period of time. .
the ransom note does say he has them under constant surveillance

he would only need to watch them leave the home, and then slip in. he wouldn't need to know any additional specifics



neognosis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2017, 11:48 AM   #95
libby2130
Member
Frequent Poster
 
Join Date: Mar 13, 2017
Location: CA
Posts: 61
Default

todd that was a big house,,,why would the intruder (if there was one) write the note in the open like that???? good point about the note being found on stairs that the casual person wouldn't know they used.
libby2130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2017, 11:55 AM   #96
freakbook
Member
Senior Member
 
freakbook's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 10, 2017
Posts: 1,485
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by neognosis
the ransom note does say he has them under constant surveillance

he would only need to watch them leave the home, and then slip in. he wouldn't need to know any additional specifics



1.) If I wrote that I saw bigfoot riding a surfboard, it doesn't mean that I actually saw bigfoot riding a surfboard.

2.) You fell for their lie hook, line, and sinker. If one of the Ramsey's wrote " I have you under constant surveillance" by making it seem like a intruder wrote it, then wouldn't that work in their favor? They made up a scenario in which the note would be placed on the stairwell to seem plausible. Sometimes people lie and make things up.

I don't understand why he would kill her in the house, leave her there, and then write a note? The family did it.
freakbook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2017, 12:51 PM   #97
neognosis
Member
Forum Regular
 
Join Date: Nov 18, 2014
Location: kansas
Posts: 430
Icon15

Quote:
Originally Posted by freakbook
1.) If I wrote that I saw bigfoot riding a surfboard, it doesn't mean that I actually saw bigfoot riding a surfboard.
that is absolutely correct.

what you saw



was a NINGEN !!!

cryptid of the week



neognosis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2017, 01:06 PM   #98
freakbook
Member
Senior Member
 
freakbook's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 10, 2017
Posts: 1,485
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by neognosis
that is absolutely correct.

what you saw



was a NINGEN !!!

cryptid of the week



Attached Images
 
freakbook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2017, 01:00 PM   #99
neognosis
Member
Forum Regular
 
Join Date: Nov 18, 2014
Location: kansas
Posts: 430
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by freakbook
I don't understand why he would kill her in the house, leave her there, and then write a note? .
bc he wanted to.
neognosis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2017, 01:10 PM   #100
atomicfizz
Member
Forum Regular
 
atomicfizz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 07, 2008
Location: Minneapolis
Posts: 282
Default

So let's just say that he was there for six hours while they were gone, which is stupid because he's obviously not watching them then and how did he know they would be at the party for six hours since he wouldn't have been watching them then, they could have come home at any time while he was lollygagging around writing practice notes, etc... Then he still stayed in the house however long they were up and doing things between when they got home and all went to bed, went up and got JonBenet, accidentally killed her, took the time to find items around the house to set up the crime scene, and did all this without anyone hearing a thing.

I'm curious why you think "he" wrote the ransom note? Was he going to kidnap JB and try and get the ransom (anyone dumb enough to think that will work has another screw loose, imo) and something went wrong, or was it just to throw them off and the real motive was murder? And if his real motive as murder why didn't he bring any materials to the house an use everything he found there. I mean either way, he came in to kidnap her without a ransom note, or he came in to murder her with no weapons.

Why did he write the note in the house with their stuff? If he was so professional that he had them under surveillance and knew their comings and goings you'd think he'd be smart enough to write his note beforehand if that's what he was going for. If the note was only written after as a cover-up you're back to the fact that he felt comfortable enough to take the time to write it in the house when everyone was home, so which is it?

Nothing about the note makes sense. Nothing about a lot of things makes sense. This was either an inside job or the dumbest/luckiest criminal out there.
atomicfizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2017, 01:12 PM   #101
atomicfizz
Member
Forum Regular
 
atomicfizz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 07, 2008
Location: Minneapolis
Posts: 282
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by neognosis
bc he wanted to.
Oh my God, are you three?

Because he's a freakin' moron. Or because there is no "he". You have no arguments on why he did anything stupid besides he felt like it or telling someone else to prove you wrong. Your "arguments" are so immature I am starting to think you are just a troll.
atomicfizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2017, 01:14 PM   #102
atomicfizz
Member
Forum Regular
 
atomicfizz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 07, 2008
Location: Minneapolis
Posts: 282
Default

"he wouldn't need to know any specifics."

You mean he wouldn't need to know whether they would be gone for 15 minutes or 6 hours while he hung out in their house waiting for them to come home to murder or kidnap his daughter? That's stupid. You sure are giving a lot of credit to an apparently very stupid person here.
atomicfizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2017, 01:42 PM   #103
freakbook
Member
Senior Member
 
freakbook's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 10, 2017
Posts: 1,485
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by atomicfizz
Your "arguments" are so immature I am starting to think you are just a troll.
They are. Disregard.
freakbook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2017, 01:58 PM   #104
Hops3098
Member
Forum Regular
 
Hops3098's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 17, 2011
Location: Florida
Posts: 275
Default

Sometimes you just have to know when you are wasting your time with a post.

And yes, I am probably wasting my time with this post.
Hops3098 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2017, 03:00 PM   #105
DazzlerSparkler
Sharon Kinne Imposter
Forum Regular
 
DazzlerSparkler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 29, 2005
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 662
Send a message via AIM to DazzlerSparkler
Default

My book hasn't arrived yet
__________________
And she was just gripin' and bitchin'. Just gripin' and bitchin.
Offer your shoes and receive free margaritas!
DazzlerSparkler is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:48 PM.


Frequently Asked Questions

1) How do I contact Unsolved Mysteries with information on segments?

If you any information on cases, you can contact them via:

Website: www.unsolved.com

Contact form on official Unsolved Mysteries site

Please note that their old mailing address and 1-800 phone number no longer work.


2) Where can I watch Unsolved Mysteries?

Lifetime

Lifetime Schedule / Lifetime Site

Escape Schedule / Escape Site


Although the administrators and moderators of the Sitcoms Online Message Boards will attempt to keep all objectionable messages off this forum, it is impossible for us to review all messages. All messages express the views of the author, and neither the owners of the Sitcoms Online Message Boards, nor vBulletin Solutions Inc. (developers of vBulletin) will be held responsible for the content of any message. The owners of the Sitcoms Online Message Boards reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any thread for any reason.

VigLink badge

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.