Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Unsolved Mysteries Online Main Page / Message Board / Show History / Episode Guide (1987-2002) / Expanded Episode Guide #2 / Expanded Episode Guide #3 / Case Updates / Wiki / Official Site / Lifetime Site / Lifetime Schedule / Related Links / True Crime Shows Message Board / All Other Cases Message Board / Buy The Best of Unsolved Mysteries DVD / Buy Unsolved Mysteries - The Ultimate Collection DVD

Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season on Amazon Instant Video
/
Season 2
/ Season 3 / Season 4 /
Season 5
/ Season 6 / Season 7 /
Season 8
/ Season 9 / Season 10 /
Season 11
/ Season 12 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina Episodes

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina - The Complete First Season Episodes on Amazon Instant Video
/ Season 2 / Season 3 / Season 4 / Season 5 / Season 6 / Season 7 / Season 8 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends DVD Set

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Unsolved Mysteries

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Comedy Central Gets Friday Talk Show; The Goldbergs Actress Releases Music Video
Fox Fall 2019 Premiere Dates; FX Sets Dates for Fall 2019 Schedule
Barney Miller Summer Fridays on Antenna TV; Tyler Perry Studios Takes Over BET with New Series
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of June 24, 2019)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Mark-Paul Gosselaar Cast in black-ish Spinoff; Urkel Makes a Return in Scooby Doo
Fri-Yay: The Amazing Superstore Season 4 Finale; Netflix Has Healing Powers
Extreme Makeover: Home Edition Returns with "Modern" Twist; Showtime Is Back to Life For New Comedy

New on DVD/Blu-ray (April/May/June)

Evening Shade - The Complete Collection Perfect Strangers - The Complete Seventh and Eighth Seasons My Three Sons - The Third Season - Volume One The Brady Bunch - 50th Anniversary The Brady-est TV & Movie Collection Will & Grace (The Revival) - Season Two

04/02 - Archer: Danger Island - The Complete Season Nine
04/09 - You're the Worst - The Complete Fifth Season
04/12 - Evening Shade - The Complete Collection
04/16 - The Big C - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
05/07 - Baskets - The Complete Season Three
05/13 - I'm Dying Up Here - Season 2
05/13 - My Three Sons - The Third Season - Volume One
05/13 - My Three Sons - The Third Season - Volume Two
05/14 - The Donna Reed Show - Seasons 1-5
05/14 - Petticoat Junction - Seasons 1-3
05/28 - Perfect Strangers - The Complete Seventh and Eighth Seasons (WBShop.com)
05/28 - South Park - The Complete Twenty-Second Season (Blu-ray)
06/04 - The Brady Bunch - 50th Anniversary The Brady-est Brady Bunch TV & Movie Collection
06/18 - Will & Grace (The Revival) - Season Two (Blu-ray)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 07-11-2012, 12:19 AM   #31
DarkDante

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandab1234
I actually asked about this segment a while back. I really felt bad for Mac McDonald. He did seem to regret everything he did and his daughter still came off as bitter about him leaving. (I don’t blame her but I really think her mother/grandmother brainwashed her) I wonder if he is still alive? Wasn’t her mother there when the reunion took place? If I remember correctly she was.
There was never a filmed reunion from what I recall. They just interviewed mother and daughter once they were informed that Mac was looking for his daughter. Their attitudes could be described as confused perhaps as to why Mac McDonald chose after all these years to try to locate his daughter. The daughter seemed completely confused as to how Mac would fit into her life while the mother seemed confused as to Mac's intentions.

So yeah it was awkward to say the least although they both did indicate that if Mac's intentions were honorable they would be willing to allow him back into their lives.
DarkDante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 12:58 AM   #32
WishfulDreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkDante
There was never a filmed reunion from what I recall. They just interviewed mother and daughter once they were informed that Mac was looking for his daughter. Their attitudes could be described as confused perhaps as to why Mac McDonald chose after all these years to try to locate his daughter. The daughter seemed completely confused as to how Mac would fit into her life while the mother seemed confused as to Mac's intentions.

So yeah it was awkward to say the least although they both did indicate that if Mac's intentions were honorable they would be willing to allow him back into their lives.
There was a filmed reunion. It was a tense hug between father and daughter and she was nice enough to him. In the interview she seems upset and so does the mother. But they both seem willing to have him back in their lives to an extent. The mother says that it appears he went through a lot of trouble to find her (she's the one who called the telecenter) and the daughter seemed confused, but much warmer when she actually spoke to him in person. I hope they were able to keep up something after that. He was young and lived with the guilt for decades. He knew what he did was wrong. I think the grandmother is partially responsible for calling the police earlier and I think Mac went through plenty of painful punishment after making his mistake. In the rest of the reunion, he hugs his daughter one more time and says "I just want to hold you" and they share an awkward laugh. It's quite sad, no update music. But at least a reunion happened.
WishfulDreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 11:35 AM   #33
DarkDante

Quote:
Originally Posted by WishfulDreamer
There was a filmed reunion. It was a tense hug between father and daughter and she was nice enough to him. In the interview she seems upset and so does the mother. But they both seem willing to have him back in their lives to an extent. The mother says that it appears he went through a lot of trouble to find her (she's the one who called the telecenter) and the daughter seemed confused, but much warmer when she actually spoke to him in person. I hope they were able to keep up something after that. He was young and lived with the guilt for decades. He knew what he did was wrong. I think the grandmother is partially responsible for calling the police earlier and I think Mac went through plenty of painful punishment after making his mistake. In the rest of the reunion, he hugs his daughter one more time and says "I just want to hold you" and they share an awkward laugh. It's quite sad, no update music. But at least a reunion happened.
Interesting. I have no memory whatsoever of the reunion but a clear memory of what the principals involved had to say. I'm assuming that the reunion was syndicated on "Lifetime" so I guess it's just one of those cases where my memory is misleading me.

I'm glad a reunion occurred and much like you hoped that they were able to continue a relationship with one another.

Another question that comes to mind (given I haven't seen this segment in awhile) is was Mac McDonald ill at the time the segment was made. I remember one scene in particular where he's looking over his spread of land and is talking about how his child is entitled to inherit his wealth or something. Well usually when you hear someone talking about issues of inheritance they are usually near death? I don't recall Mac McDonald being all that old certainly for the time when the segment was aired. So does anyone recall whether or not Mac was ill?
DarkDante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 12:32 PM   #34
amandab1234
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkDante
Interesting. I have no memory whatsoever of the reunion but a clear memory of what the principals involved had to say. I'm assuming that the reunion was syndicated on "Lifetime" so I guess it's just one of those cases where my memory is misleading me.

I'm glad a reunion occurred and much like you hoped that they were able to continue a relationship with one another.

Another question that comes to mind (given I haven't seen this segment in awhile) is was Mac McDonald ill at the time the segment was made. I remember one scene in particular where he's looking over his spread of land and is talking about how his child is entitled to inherit his wealth or something. Well usually when you hear someone talking about issues of inheritance they are usually near death? I don't recall Mac McDonald being all that old certainly for the time when the segment was aired. So does anyone recall whether or not Mac was ill?

I don’t remember him talking about being ill. I think since he was “getting up there” in age, he wanted to make sure he would be able to find his daughter to inherit his estate in case something happened to him. I’ve tried to do a google search on him to see if he is still alive but wasn’t able to find anything. He seemed to be mid 60s when this segment aired. I maybe wrong but I THINK he has since passed away (just my opinion though, he might be alive and well for all I know!)
amandab1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2015, 10:21 AM   #35
DALLASTEXAN!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WishfulDreamer
I think the camera crew would also make any reunion very awkward. Can you imagine an emotional moment like meeting your father or sister for the first time? I'd be crying with emotion and then embarrassed and stilted in my comments because of the camera crew being right there and recording everything. Most people seemed to take it in very good stride. Like the woman who found her ailing, elderly mother. Even though she really didn't speak full sentences back to her, she handled it so well, smiling and just being really glad to see her. So that's really touching and I'm glad most people seemed to handle it well.
I've been watching the new UM version in the morning lately and they always end with lost love cases so I thought I'd bump this good thread. I agree with this post. I do think there were some strange lost love cases featured, but I always enjoyed them. I think as you say it would be somewhat awkward or nerve racking for anyone seeing someone that you either never met before or someone you haven't seen in years. But put it on camera or in the case of Judy Davis live TV and it does look strange at times. One thing I noticed on that segment that being live the lady that interviewed them also seemed uncomfortable with her questions throughout that segment and others in that particular episode. On one occasion in an interaction there was an awkward time crunch where a detective got cut very short. You never know with reunions how they will work out for the long haul. I know someone personally who met their dad after years of never knowing them. The meeting was wonderful and there were several wonderful visits afterward but over time the relationship never stuck and sadly there are no more contacts. I would like to know the cases where the relationships continued for the long haul and the ones that did not. I saw the Alex cooper case today for the umpteenth time and for whatever reason I never noticed the anger on the faces of his family members during the reunion that UM showed. I hope they were able to regain their family trust
DALLASTEXAN!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2015, 05:37 PM   #36
SPD Yellow
Forum Regular

I wonder how the Charita case turned out. Basically this little girl was in the hospital as a kid to have a bunch of tumors removed from her throat, as I recall, and made friends with another girl named Charita. Charita, as a result of her cancer treatment, was left unable to have children, so the other girl promised that if she ever had a daughter, she'd name it after her. The girls lost touch after being discharged, but the other one remembered her promise and did have a daughter and named her Charita. She was on UM because she wanted them to find her old friend and let her know she'd kept her promise. They did eventually find Charita but I wonder how things played out given that from what I could tell in the update, even she was kind of shocked that her friend from childhood had kept her promise.
SPD Yellow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2015, 02:35 AM   #37
wiseguy182

I thought half of the Colleen Frangione update was weird.

This was the woman who was paralyzed after another vehicle rammed into her while she was stopped for a stop sign or a red light. The impact of the collision bumped her car and caused it to be rammed by a third vehicle. In the process, her car caught on fire and 2 men got her out. There were other people who assisted, including a couple who called 911 and a woman who appeared to be a nurse.

Anyways, when she was introduced to the first guy, it was great. He had flowers, a big hug and a kiss for her and everything. The second guy came a half hour later (was he late?) and it was just really awkward. He gives her this cold looking handshake and said something to the effect of how initially he thought she was looking for publicity, or something like that. He didn't say much else and seemed uncomfortable being there for some reason.
wiseguy182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2015, 09:23 AM   #38
LilMissKryssy
" & every sinner has a future"
Forum Regular

Mac McDonald is still alive actually. I googled the him only a month back and found commentary about the business he has and one poster stated "he's the best even now that he's in his 80s". The comment was recent too so I'm assuming unless he passed very recent, he is still alive.
Old 07-07-2015, 05:10 PM   #39
wiseguy182

Craig Williamson & Christine Reinhart. I felt really bad for her. She was so devoted and he didn't remember her.
wiseguy182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2015, 12:51 AM   #40
DazzlerSparkler
Sharon Kinne Imposter
Forum Regular

Send a message via AIM to DazzlerSparkler

Wonder if Charita Harding is still friends with her friend
Old 11-07-2015, 02:56 AM   #41
atomicfizz
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiseguy182
Craig Williamson & Christine Reinhart. I felt really bad for her. She was so devoted and he didn't remember her.
Yes, this one. She was so in love with Craig, and wanted him back so bad, and he just didn't remember. I was so heartbroken for her.

I remember the McDonald story but not the reunion. I understand the mom being upset with her 16 year old daughter and a 20 year old guy, but did they state if that was actually statutory rape where they lived? Just asking because I know the age of consent here is 16, and is in other places too. Now some places have the age differential statues too (such as a 15 year old an give consent but only to someone no more than 2 years older, etc..), but I didn't remember what the exact case was with that one.

I thought the Alex Cooper one was weird too. Just something uncomfortable about them being back together. I hope everything worked out with it.

I remember Jackie Dragon and her hair, but I don't remember that reunion either lol.

Dang it there was another one I was going to mention. It wasn't even technically a reunion but it was one hell of an awkward moment. If I think of it again I'll edit it in.
atomicfizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2015, 02:40 PM   #42
WishfulDreamer

One of my favorite reunions was Margie Hamilton meeting the son her husband had given up for adoption behind her back when she was 15. Even so it was kind of hilarious because the son tries to make conversation and says, "Been a a long time" and she replies, "Uh, yeah." Still a touching reunion but that was a funny moment.
WishfulDreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2015, 05:31 PM   #43
Charlie99909
El Sicko
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilMissKryssy
Mac McDonald is still alive actually. I googled the him only a month back and found commentary about the business he has and one poster stated "he's the best even now that he's in his 80s". The comment was recent too so I'm assuming unless he passed very recent, he is still alive.
I was always interested in this case because he ended up owning the first Harley dealership in Reno and still lives there. I went to college in Reno and always liked to follow the mysteries in northern Nevada.
Charlie99909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2015, 09:32 PM   #44
Necco

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiseguy182
I thought half of the Colleen Frangione update was weird.

This was the woman who was paralyzed after another vehicle rammed into her while she was stopped for a stop sign or a red light. The impact of the collision bumped her car and caused it to be rammed by a third vehicle. In the process, her car caught on fire and 2 men got her out. There were other people who assisted, including a couple who called 911 and a woman who appeared to be a nurse.

Anyways, when she was introduced to the first guy, it was great. He had flowers, a big hug and a kiss for her and everything. The second guy came a half hour later (was he late?) and it was just really awkward. He gives her this cold looking handshake and said something to the effect of how initially he thought she was looking for publicity, or something like that. He didn't say much else and seemed uncomfortable being there for some reason.
There are many people who believe that good deeds are best done anonymously. If the second rescuer is from that school of thought, he would have been very uncomfortable with the accolades and reunion. Some people undergo a weird sort of stress about saving someone's life. They begin to think about what would have happened if they had done one tiny thing differently that day. For example "What if I had stopped for coffee? She'd be dead." "What if I wore shoes that took longer to tie? She'd be dead." It can cause existential angst almost akin to survivor's guilt.
Necco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2015, 10:32 PM   #45
atomicfizz
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Necco
There are many people who believe that good deeds are best done anonymously. If the second rescuer is from that school of thought, he would have been very uncomfortable with the accolades and reunion. Some people undergo a weird sort of stress about saving someone's life. They begin to think about what would have happened if they had done one tiny thing differently that day. For example "What if I had stopped for coffee? She'd be dead." "What if I wore shoes that took longer to tie? She'd be dead." It can cause existential angst almost akin to survivor's guilt.
That's very interesting. I wonder if that fact that she was paralyzed made him feel some kind of anxiety, along what you are saying, but like "what if I had done _______ " differently, would she have not been paralyzed, or whatever. I don't remember this segment in particular but that is kind of an odd statement that she wanted publicity. I don't really get what he means by that... was he just doubting her sincerity? Is he just cynical by nature? Does he feel guilt that he couldn't do more? Or did he, like you say, just prefer to remain anonymous. Of course he didn't have to call in or go to the reunion.
atomicfizz is offline   Reply With Quote