Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Unsolved Mysteries Online Main Page / Message Board / Show History / Episode Guide (1987-2002) / Expanded Episode Guide #2 / Expanded Episode Guide #3 / Case Updates / Wiki / Official Site / Lifetime Site / Lifetime Schedule / Related Links / True Crime Shows Message Board / All Other Cases Message Board / Buy The Best of Unsolved Mysteries DVD / Buy Unsolved Mysteries - The Ultimate Collection DVD

Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season on Amazon Instant Video
/
Season 2
/ Season 3 / Season 4 /
Season 5
/ Season 6 / Season 7 /
Season 8
/ Season 9 / Season 10 /
Season 11
/ Season 12 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina Episodes

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina - The Complete First Season Episodes on Amazon Instant Video
/ Season 2 / Season 3 / Season 4 / Season 5 / Season 6 / Season 7 / Season 8 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends DVD Set

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Unsolved Mysteries

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Barney Miller Summer Fridays on Antenna TV; Tyler Perry Studios Takes Over BET with New Series
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of June 24, 2019)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Mark-Paul Gosselaar Cast in black-ish Spinoff; Urkel Makes a Return in Scooby Doo
Fri-Yay: The Amazing Superstore Season 4 Finale; Netflix Has Healing Powers
Extreme Makeover: Home Edition Returns with "Modern" Twist; Showtime Is Back to Life For New Comedy
truTV Gets 2nd Season of Tacoma FD; I'm Sorry Gets Season 3 on truTV
NBC Fall 2019 Premiere Dates; The CW Fall 2019 Premiere Dates

New on DVD/Blu-ray (April/May/June)

Evening Shade - The Complete Collection Perfect Strangers - The Complete Seventh and Eighth Seasons My Three Sons - The Third Season - Volume One The Brady Bunch - 50th Anniversary The Brady-est TV & Movie Collection Will & Grace (The Revival) - Season Two

04/02 - Archer: Danger Island - The Complete Season Nine
04/09 - You're the Worst - The Complete Fifth Season
04/12 - Evening Shade - The Complete Collection
04/16 - The Big C - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
05/07 - Baskets - The Complete Season Three
05/13 - I'm Dying Up Here - Season 2
05/13 - My Three Sons - The Third Season - Volume One
05/13 - My Three Sons - The Third Season - Volume Two
05/14 - The Donna Reed Show - Seasons 1-5
05/14 - Petticoat Junction - Seasons 1-3
05/28 - Perfect Strangers - The Complete Seventh and Eighth Seasons (WBShop.com)
05/28 - South Park - The Complete Twenty-Second Season (Blu-ray)
06/04 - The Brady Bunch - 50th Anniversary The Brady-est Brady Bunch TV & Movie Collection
06/18 - Will & Grace (The Revival) - Season Two (Blu-ray)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 02-15-2018, 09:31 AM   #61
justins5256

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoNameToday
Was a neighbor, he did it. Thereís a reason one neighbor moved in the middle of the night, afraid of him if they talk.
Assuming this isn't a joke...

Are you saying you were a neighbor of the Geris and you know Stephen did it?

If so, you should contact the police. Even anonymously. This family deserves closure.
justins5256 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2018, 03:14 PM   #62
Huskerz85
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinW
It looks like since today's the 31st anniversary, they've decided to re-open the investigation:
https://www.houstonchronicle.com/new...a-chron-result

I expect Stephen Geri to respond by writing more material for his website about how great he is.

I hope the cops find something to charge him (and wipe the smugness off his face) with.
Huskerz85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2018, 06:52 PM   #63
NoNameToday
Occasional Poster

The neighbor that can prove it moved in the middle of the night a week after the murder. They are still afraid they can be found by him. The sheriff knows all our family knows.

I don’t want to say to much about the settlement but he didn’t get a dime. Two previous wives he had that he “saved” were to testify against him. One tried to kill herself with a knife, and they both got cut up. The second a tv fell into the tub and a by a miracle unplugged before it went in. That occurred in New York. That’s why there was a settlement. There’s so much more but people are still scared to say more publicly, the sheriff knows it.
NoNameToday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2018, 08:06 PM   #64
LooksLikeCRicci
Likes to live in a clean house

Send a message via AIM to LooksLikeCRicci Send a message via Yahoo to LooksLikeCRicci

Quote:
The neighbor that can prove it moved in the middle of the night a week after the murder. They are still afraid they can be found by him. The sheriff knows all our family knows.

I donít want to say to much about the settlement but he didnít get a dime. Two previous wives he had that he ďsavedĒ were to testify against him. One tried to kill herself with a knife, and they both got cut up. The second a tv fell into the tub and a by a miracle unplugged before it went in. That occurred in New York. Thatís why there was a settlement. Thereís so much more but people are still scared to say more publicly, the sheriff knows it.
It sounds like they are re-opening this case. What are your thoughts on it?
LooksLikeCRicci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2018, 08:31 PM   #65
NoNameToday
Occasional Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by LooksLikeCRicci
It sounds like they are re-opening this case. What are your thoughts on it?
Itís great, itís pretty much the first thought on valentines. Seeing my Facebook feed flooded with local news announcing it was being reopened and asking for anyone that has info to contact them was great.

Only thing is witness wise I donít see that person getting over the fear to do so. We were talking today and the only thing that would is letting him know someone saw him and who it was. That would be it, and thatís not happening. Hope thereís something they found in the house to connect him that wasnít able to years ago. Not sure what that could be.
Old 02-16-2018, 05:29 AM   #66
wiseguy182

You really have to wonder what Stephen's current wife thinks about all of this.
Old 02-16-2018, 10:17 AM   #67
NoNameToday
Occasional Poster

She must be very gullible or money took her mind away from it, probably both. I can garuntee she hasn’t heard anything close to the truth or knows about the two before Marilu that managed to survive. I’d think she’s safe due to the fact he’s barely got away with one murder and has two more that managed to look like a suicide attempt and an accident.
Old 02-16-2018, 10:38 AM   #68
Huskerz85
Forum Regular

Would you think after all this time Stephen would try to come after any witnesses himself (or have persons come after them) ??

With as smug and self-assured as he came off in the segment, I would like to think after all this time, some of that would give way to arrogance and perhaps such a thought wouldn't even enter his mind.
Huskerz85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2018, 05:57 PM   #69
wiseguy182

Quote:
She must be very gullible or money took her mind away from it, probably both. I can garuntee she hasnít heard anything close to the truth or knows about the two before Marilu that managed to survive. Iíd think sheís safe due to the fact heís barely got away with one murder and has two more that managed to look like a suicide attempt and an accident.
Whoa, so he tried to do in two women prior to Marilu? That really is something.

Just so you know, everyone on here (except one person) believes he is guilty as sin. Did you watch the segment when it first ran or catch it recently on Amazon Prime?
wiseguy182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2018, 12:11 PM   #70
TheCars1986
Proud Daddy

Recent articles on the case indicate she was shot in the back 3 times and once in the side. Her sister made a odd comment at a recent press conference, saying, "My sister knew who killed her. My sister would never have opened the door for someone she didn't know and I don't believe for one minute my sister was taken by someone at the front door." I thought the UM segment implied that she was found dead away from the front door of their residence. This would indicate someone she knew sneaking up behind her and shooting her. If she was found near the front door, I could envision a scenario where someone knocked on the door and was let in by her before they shot and killed her. Anyway, this statement by the sister makes Stephen's claims of 25-40 thousand dollars worth of jewelry missing seem very specious.

I still contend that Stephen hired someone to kill Marilu. And if what the sister says is true, it would have been someone known to her.
TheCars1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2018, 01:35 PM   #71
justins5256

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCars1986
Anyway, this statement by the sister makes Stephen's claims of 25-40 thousand dollars worth of jewelry missing seem very specious.
I never could rectify this to my own satisfaction. During her UM interview, Marilu's mother said there was jewelry laid out on the dresser, thus it appeared whoever entered the residence didn't intend to steal things. In his UM interview, Stephen Geri claimed that there were several thousand dollars worth of "items" or "valuables" missing from the house.

Granted, there is a ton of reason to doubt Stephen Geri's statements, but I always thought this was one that would be somewhat easy for investigators to verify or refute. In other words, if he said on UM that there were items missing, I'm just guessing that there were, because it would look suspicious if he made this statement on UM, yet claimed previously that nothing of value was taken.

Quote:
I still contend that Stephen hired someone to kill Marilu. And if what the sister says is true, it would have been someone known to her.
I think there was a 20 or so minute time gap in his alibi during which the PI alleged that Geri could have been covering up the crime himself. Any thoughts on that? I ask because it would be suggestive of him doing this alone.
justins5256 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 09:33 AM   #72
TheCars1986
Proud Daddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by justins5256
I never could rectify this to my own satisfaction. During her UM interview, Marilu's mother said there was jewelry laid out on the dresser, thus it appeared whoever entered the residence didn't intend to steal things. In his UM interview, Stephen Geri claimed that there were several thousand dollars worth of "items" or "valuables" missing from the house.

Granted, there is a ton of reason to doubt Stephen Geri's statements, but I always thought this was one that would be somewhat easy for investigators to verify or refute. In other words, if he said on UM that there were items missing, I'm just guessing that there were, because it would look suspicious if he made this statement on UM, yet claimed previously that nothing of value was taken.
I would imagine that the PI or her parents would have refuted this in the segment, although it's odd that in recent articles, nothing is ever mentioned about missing jewelry or valuables.

Quote:
Originally Posted by justins5256
I think there was a 20 or so minute time gap in his alibi during which the PI alleged that Geri could have been covering up the crime himself. Any thoughts on that? I ask because it would be suggestive of him doing this alone.
Stephen called his mother-in-law at 8:15 that morning, and asked her to go over and help prepare for the party. The mother then called Marilu's house and got no answer (which was odd, because she was supposed to be up prepping the house for the party). She went over to the house and saw the front door open (as per the re-enactment) and found Marilu dead in "the back of the house" (at 10:06).

Stephen says he left the house at 6:25 in the morning, and went to various places around town before calling Marilu at 7:30. From 7:30 to 10:06 he had an alibi. IMO, if he killed Marilu, he had to have done it between 6 and 7 in the morning. Which is an odd time to shoot someone 4 times, considering most people would've still been home at that time and would have heard the shots. I think when he called Marilu at 7:30 it was either to speak with the killer/s, or it was a check to see if Marilu was up yet so he could then call/signal the killers to kill her. I think he knew by 8:15, when he called his mother-in-law, that she was already dead. But I don't how he would've been able to kill her and/or dispose of evidence based off of everything known from the segment.
Old 02-19-2018, 09:41 AM   #73
TheCars1986
Proud Daddy

This is the street where Marilu was killed. Look at how close the homes are. Unless some sort of silencer was used on the weapons, I don't know how anyone in the neighborhood wouldn't have heard the shots and been able to pin point an approximate time of death.
Old 02-19-2018, 09:44 AM   #74
mothwings
Occasional Poster

Not sure if this has been posted or not but you can watch the full press conference here:

https://www.click2houston.com/news/2...ay-murder-case

Sounds like the family is really set on Stephen as the killer which (IMO) was obvious from the segment.
mothwings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 09:52 AM   #75
RobinW

Quote:
Stephen says he left the house at 6:25 in the morning, and went to various places around town before calling Marilu at 7:30. From 7:30 to 10:06 he had an alibi. IMO, if he killed Marilu, he had to have done it between 6 and 7 in the morning. Which is an odd time to shoot someone 4 times, considering most people would've still been home at that time and would have heard the shots. I think when he called Marilu at 7:30 it was either to speak with the killer/s, or it was a check to see if Marilu was up yet so he could then call/signal the killers to kill her. I think he knew by 8:15, when he called his mother-in-law, that she was already dead. But I don't how he would've been able to kill her and/or dispose of evidence based off of everything known from the segment.
I agree, the thing which makes me believe Stephen hired someone to commit the murder, but did not do it himself is because the paramedics injected Marilu's heart with a medication in an attempt to revive her, a procedure which apparently made it impossible to determine her exact time of death. There's no way Stephen could have anticipated this would happen. If they had been able to determine that Marilu's time of death was before Stephen left the house that morning, then this would have destroyed his alibi, which is why the hired hit theory is more likely, IMO.
RobinW is offline   Reply With Quote