Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Unsolved Mysteries Online Main Page / Message Board / Show History / Episode Guide (1987-2002) / Expanded Episode Guide #2 / Expanded Episode Guide #3 / Case Updates / Wiki / Official Site / Lifetime Site / Lifetime Schedule / Related Links / True Crime Shows Message Board / All Other Cases Message Board / Buy The Best of Unsolved Mysteries DVD / Buy Unsolved Mysteries - The Ultimate Collection DVD

Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season on Amazon Instant Video
/
Season 2
/ Season 3 / Season 4 /
Season 5
/ Season 6 / Season 7 /
Season 8
/ Season 9 / Season 10 /
Season 11
/ Season 12 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina Episodes

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina - The Complete First Season Episodes on Amazon Instant Video
/ Season 2 / Season 3 / Season 4 / Season 5 / Season 6 / Season 7 / Season 8 / Watch on YouTube


Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends DVD Set

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Unsolved Mysteries

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of June 24, 2019)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Mark-Paul Gosselaar Cast in black-ish Spinoff; Urkel Makes a Return in Scooby Doo
Fri-Yay: The Amazing Superstore Season 4 Finale; Netflix Has Healing Powers
Extreme Makeover: Home Edition Returns with "Modern" Twist; Showtime Is Back to Life For New Comedy
truTV Gets 2nd Season of Tacoma FD; I'm Sorry Gets Season 3 on truTV
NBC Fall 2019 Premiere Dates; The CW Fall 2019 Premiere Dates
Netflix Gets Funny with Pranks with Stranger Things Star; Gabrielle Union and Jessica Alba Series Gets 2nd Season


New on DVD/Blu-ray (April/May/June)

Evening Shade - The Complete Collection Perfect Strangers - The Complete Seventh and Eighth Seasons My Three Sons - The Third Season - Volume One The Brady Bunch - 50th Anniversary The Brady-est TV & Movie Collection Will & Grace (The Revival) - Season Two

04/02 - Archer: Danger Island - The Complete Season Nine
04/09 - You're the Worst - The Complete Fifth Season
04/12 - Evening Shade - The Complete Collection
04/16 - The Big C - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
05/07 - Baskets - The Complete Season Three
05/13 - I'm Dying Up Here - Season 2
05/13 - My Three Sons - The Third Season - Volume One
05/13 - My Three Sons - The Third Season - Volume Two
05/14 - The Donna Reed Show - Seasons 1-5
05/14 - Petticoat Junction - Seasons 1-3
05/28 - Perfect Strangers - The Complete Seventh and Eighth Seasons (WBShop.com)
05/28 - South Park - The Complete Twenty-Second Season (Blu-ray)
06/04 - The Brady Bunch - 50th Anniversary The Brady-est Brady Bunch TV & Movie Collection
06/18 - Will & Grace (The Revival) - Season Two (Blu-ray)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-27-2013, 09:20 AM   #91
TheCars1986
Proud Daddy
Senior Member
 
TheCars1986's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 22, 2008
Location: Maryland
Posts: 6,555
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegtheEgg86
I really feel like Christi probably told Mark that night that she was divorcing him. I've always taken for granted that at least a few people could substantiate the story about going out to the bar, but I guess I'm not even sure if that even really happened--or, at the very least, as Mark said it did. I also honestly think it could've been an accident. I could see Mark becoming so enraged that he might have beaten poor Christi to death without intending to. I'm nearly certain that two-and-a-half hour time gap between dropping the children off at their great-grandmother's and filing the police report went toward a massive cover-up effort on Mark's part. I guarantee you he was cleaning out a vehicle pretty damn well.
I agree. Based off of your timeline, Nichols definitely killed her. She saw the divorce attorney two days before she disappears. I think Christi proposed going out to the bar with Mark that night because she was going to break the news of the divorce to him. Probably wanted to do it in a public place just in case he snapped. But since they were in public, I think Mark held the rage inside of him. Fueled by alcohol, I think sometime on the way home he killed her and hid her body. This is why the babysitter says she only saw Mark inside the house. The next day was used to either go back and hide Christi's body better and/or clean out his vehicle. Everything Mark Nichols did are the actions of a guilty man, IMO. I don't remember the specifics, but did Mark even make any attempt to call Christi's family or friends to see if they had seen her?

I honestly think, initially, the reason police did not arrest Mark Nichols was because there was the possibility that Christi did in fact runaway to start a new life. The segment did make mention that she was seeing another man at the time of her disappearance. But I cannot fathom how after all of these years law enforcement has not made an arrest in this case. The only thing in Mark Nichols' favor was this minute possibility that she ran off with another man, but now that it's been 20 plus years since she disappeared, don't you think that possibility now becomes an impossibility?! There is more than enough evidence against Nichols to warrant an arrest and conviction, IMO.

-Christi's blood was found in the trunk of his car.
-Christi's blood was also found in the master bedroom of the house she shared with Mark.
-Mark and Christi went out to a bar the night before she allegedly disappeared, and only Mark is seen returning to their home.
-Mark lied to Christi's mother on the morning of her disappearance.
-Mark left his children with Christi's grandmother leaving over two hours of time that no one can account for Mark Nichols' actions.
-The day after his wife disappears, Nichols moves out of the house he and Christi shared.
-The motive is simple: he was angry after finding out about the divorce proceedings. It's not rocket science. She starts divorce proceedings and then tells Mark about them the next day, and then she disappears. Coincidence?
-Nichols was able to describe the exact contents of a suitcase that was missing, which was later located with everything still inside. Does this not SCREAM that it was Nichols himself who packed the suitcase to create the illusion that Christi ran off? Especially if he can describe everything his wife took.
-Christi left behind her driver's license, and did not pick up her paycheck from work. These are not the actions of a woman running away to start a new life.
-Nichols was physically abusive to Christi.

What more do you need to get a conviction on this guy?!
TheCars1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 11:16 AM   #92
1990 UM fan
Unsolved Mysteries fanatic
Senior Member
 
1990 UM fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 14, 2011
Location: United States
Posts: 2,065
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCars1986
I agree. Based off of your timeline, Nichols definitely killed her. She saw the divorce attorney two days before she disappears. I think Christi proposed going out to the bar with Mark that night because she was going to break the news of the divorce to him. Probably wanted to do it in a public place just in case he snapped. But since they were in public, I think Mark held the rage inside of him. Fueled by alcohol, I think sometime on the way home he killed her and hid her body. This is why the babysitter says she only saw Mark inside the house. The next day was used to either go back and hide Christi's body better and/or clean out his vehicle. Everything Mark Nichols did are the actions of a guilty man, IMO. I don't remember the specifics, but did Mark even make any attempt to call Christi's family or friends to see if they had seen her?

I honestly think, initially, the reason police did not arrest Mark Nichols was because there was the possibility that Christi did in fact runaway to start a new life. The segment did make mention that she was seeing another man at the time of her disappearance. But I cannot fathom how after all of these years law enforcement has not made an arrest in this case. The only thing in Mark Nichols' favor was this minute possibility that she ran off with another man, but now that it's been 20 plus years since she disappeared, don't you think that possibility now becomes an impossibility?! There is more than enough evidence against Nichols to warrant an arrest and conviction, IMO.

-Christi's blood was found in the trunk of his car.
-Christi's blood was also found in the master bedroom of the house she shared with Mark.
-Mark and Christi went out to a bar the night before she allegedly disappeared, and only Mark is seen returning to their home.
-Mark lied to Christi's mother on the morning of her disappearance.
-Mark left his children with Christi's grandmother leaving over two hours of time that no one can account for Mark Nichols' actions.
-The day after his wife disappears, Nichols moves out of the house he and Christi shared.
-The motive is simple: he was angry after finding out about the divorce proceedings. It's not rocket science. She starts divorce proceedings and then tells Mark about them the next day, and then she disappears. Coincidence?
-Nichols was able to describe the exact contents of a suitcase that was missing, which was later located with everything still inside. Does this not SCREAM that it was Nichols himself who packed the suitcase to create the illusion that Christi ran off? Especially if he can describe everything his wife took.
-Christi left behind her driver's license, and did not pick up her paycheck from work. These are not the actions of a woman running away to start a new life.
-Nichols was physically abusive to Christi.

What more do you need to get a conviction on this guy?!
I don't know but the police dropped the ball with this case. The only hope now, if you can call it that, is finding her remains. Maybe then he'll be charged with her death.
__________________
Join my Unsolved Mysteries page (Facebook): http://www.facebook.com/pages/Unsolv...899616?sk=wall
1990 UM fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 12:36 PM   #93
DarkDante
Member
Senior Member
 
DarkDante's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 27, 2002
Posts: 1,548
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCars1986
-Christi's blood was found in the trunk of his car.
-Christi's blood was also found in the master bedroom of the house she shared with Mark.
-Mark and Christi went out to a bar the night before she allegedly disappeared, and only Mark is seen returning to their home.
-Mark lied to Christi's mother on the morning of her disappearance.
-Mark left his children with Christi's grandmother leaving over two hours of time that no one can account for Mark Nichols' actions.
-The day after his wife disappears, Nichols moves out of the house he and Christi shared.
-The motive is simple: he was angry after finding out about the divorce proceedings. It's not rocket science. She starts divorce proceedings and then tells Mark about them the next day, and then she disappears. Coincidence?
-Nichols was able to describe the exact contents of a suitcase that was missing, which was later located with everything still inside. Does this not SCREAM that it was Nichols himself who packed the suitcase to create the illusion that Christi ran off? Especially if he can describe everything his wife took.
-Christi left behind her driver's license, and did not pick up her paycheck from work. These are not the actions of a woman running away to start a new life.
-Nichols was physically abusive to Christi.

What more do you need to get a conviction on this guy?!
I think what Mark Nichols needs in this case is another viable suspect. Someone else who may have either wanted or benefited from his wife's disappearance or death.

To my knowledge which is relegated to the UM segment, no such person has ever been identified as a possible suspect in the disappearance and/or death of Christi Nichols.

In addition from where I stand Mark Nichols didn't do himself any favors by going on UM. It was an extremely awkward interview which didn't cast him in a favorable light. Maybe that means something but then again perhaps it doesn't.

I agree with the others that finding Christi's remains would probably be the only means of bringing this case to some sort of conclusion.
DarkDante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 02:43 PM   #94
TheCars1986
Proud Daddy
Senior Member
 
TheCars1986's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 22, 2008
Location: Maryland
Posts: 6,555
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkDante
I think what Mark Nichols needs in this case is another viable suspect. Someone else who may have either wanted or benefited from his wife's disappearance or death.
Christi was seeing another man shortly before she disappeared. She even wrote him a letter saying she would be going away for awhile "after Christmas" and that she would contact him in a few months. This is why I think police were initially leery about going after Mark. Perhaps they thought it was possible that Christi did indeed run away and that she would contact her lover. The man was interviewed by police and was ruled out as a suspect. Which brings us right back to Mark Nichols.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkDante
To my knowledge which is relegated to the UM segment, no such person has ever been identified as a possible suspect in the disappearance and/or death of Christi Nichols.
Just Mark. I can't believe he hasn't been requestioned (to my knowledge) since she's disappeared.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkDante
In addition from where I stand Mark Nichols didn't do himself any favors by going on UM. It was an extremely awkward interview which didn't cast him in a favorable light. Maybe that means something but then again perhaps it doesn't.
I used to think if you didn't go on UM you were most likely guilty, and that the spouses of missing husbands/wives who went on were most likely innocent, but this guy has guilty printed all over his forehead. Mark said the blood found in the master bedroom was menstrual blood, but tests confirmed that this was not true. Tests also confirmed that the blood came from Christi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkDante
I agree with the others that finding Christi's remains would probably be the only means of bringing this case to some sort of conclusion.
I disagree. Bringing Mark Nichols up on charges for murdering his wife would bring this case some sort of conclusion, and then maybe he'd be willing to tell where he buried her. He had the motive, the means, and the opportunity. And there is even physical evidence which would indicate that Christi bled in their bedroom and in the trunk of his car. All of these things cannot be explained innocently. The case against Mark Nichols is even stronger than that of Jeffrey MacDonald (who I think is guilty as hell).
TheCars1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 04:43 PM   #95
DarkDante
Member
Senior Member
 
DarkDante's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 27, 2002
Posts: 1,548
Default

The problem is we've yet to have any credible evidence that directs attention away from Mark Nichols is regards to this case. Does that mean it doesn't exist? I don't know.

Prosecutors in general like to have nice tidy little cases that they can bring to trial due in part to double jeopardy stipulations. Without the remains of Christi Nichols they would be taking a risk in Mark Nichols getting acquitted in the murder of his wife and then if her remains ever did turn up they couldn't retry him.

I know people have been convicted on less evidence than what is allegedly against Mark Nichols even without Christi's remains but that is really irrelevant here. I can completely understand the prosecution not wanting to pursue this case on probabilities or a patchwork investigation without having the lynch pin of a body to prove that this actually is a case of murder.

Again I agree the fact that this alleged crime took place in the years before sophisticated DNA evidence was viewed as widely admissible in court proceedings was a major factor in how this case was approached. The police also may have done a less than admirable job in investigating this case across the board but again without having all the details of their investigation in front of me, I'm not going to judge.

In summation, without Christi's remains surfacing this case will never see a courtroom. It would've happened long before now if that was the case.
DarkDante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 07:43 PM   #96
TheCars1986
Proud Daddy
Senior Member
 
TheCars1986's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 22, 2008
Location: Maryland
Posts: 6,555
Default

A prosecutor may be weary about trying a murder case without a body, but I don't see how this one would be that difficult in obtaining a conviction. I could see the defense raising the fact that without a body there is no proof that Christi is even dead...but then the prosecution could use Christi's friends and family to testify that she would have never left her children for over twenty years without so much as a phone call. It's really not that difficult as people seem. A conviction can be obtained without a body. This is the best quote I could find in regards to trying a missing persons case as a murder, "circumstantial evidence, when sufficient to exclude every other reasonable hypothesis, may prove the death of a missing person, the existence of a homicide and the guilt of the accused". Everything in that quote applies to Mark Nichols. It's time to pull the trigger.
TheCars1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 09:49 PM   #97
MegtheEgg86
Member
Senior Member
 
MegtheEgg86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 19, 2008
Location: The Volunteer State
Posts: 4,781
Default

I think the extensive history of physical abuse (which multiple impartial people can cite, not just Christi's friends and family) and the blood evidence are definitely enough to warrant at least a grand jury investigation. That's not even bringing Mark's highly suspect behavior into the mix.

I don't quite see the logic in sitting still after considering it. On the surface it makes sense: you wouldn't want to run the risk of giving Mark Nichols a ticket out of being convicted. But Good Lord, he's probably been doing that already for 26 years now. What's the difference? What are the chances of Christi's remains being discovered after two and a half decades? I don't feel like a district attorney's risk aversion--if that IS a factor here--needs to serve as any kind of touchstone in this case. I think it could be time to execute some actions.

For the record, I always got the impression the State Patrol did the absolute best it could in this case, and it hasn't at all forgotten her. It's likely the D.A.'s office that didn't make the critical moves.
__________________
"Why is she lying?, it makes me wonder. What is she hiding?, it makes me wonder."

Go Vols!
MegtheEgg86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 09:14 PM   #98
nicoge21
Member
Frequent Poster
 
nicoge21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 19, 2009
Posts: 142
Default

Just by looking at Mark's face in the segment I can tell he is hiding something. He has that guilty look. Some people give themselves away when they are lying and Mark is one of those people. Like when he says he want her to come home, I can sense the BS meter going off.
nicoge21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 08:08 PM   #99
MegtheEgg86
Member
Senior Member
 
MegtheEgg86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 19, 2008
Location: The Volunteer State
Posts: 4,781
Default

http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg...r&GRid=7799463

I don't know who created this entry, but it seems like it's someone who might have known Christi.

There's a few interesting pieces of information there.


ETA: I recall reading in one of the articles about Christi that Mark was allegedly angry about Christi seeing a counselor. I wonder if the one mentioned here is the same one referenced in the article.

Last edited by MegtheEgg86; 06-10-2013 at 11:07 PM.
MegtheEgg86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 11:06 PM   #100
MegtheEgg86
Member
Senior Member
 
MegtheEgg86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 19, 2008
Location: The Volunteer State
Posts: 4,781
Default

bump
MegtheEgg86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 08:27 AM   #101
TheCars1986
Proud Daddy
Senior Member
 
TheCars1986's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 22, 2008
Location: Maryland
Posts: 6,555
Default

If you woke up in the middle of the night and saw your wife, no matter how mad you were at her, covered in blood, wouldn't you try to wake her up and say, "Hey what's the matter"!? What an idiot!
TheCars1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 01:58 PM   #102
MegtheEgg86
Member
Senior Member
 
MegtheEgg86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 19, 2008
Location: The Volunteer State
Posts: 4,781
Default

How this man never has been indicted is beyond me.
MegtheEgg86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 03:53 PM   #103
TracyLynnS
Don't Look Up
Senior Member
 
TracyLynnS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 07, 2009
Posts: 3,087
Default

I was just thinking the same thing. He admitted he saw her bloodied and lying on the bedroom floor after they had been arguing for a couple of hours?

Then quickly sells both family cars... among all the other strange things.

And if the info in the link above is correct, on the day she went missing, he gave 3 different stories regarding her whereabouts: 1) he tells her mother she is sleeping, 2) he tells a counselor she's shopping, 3) he tells her grandmother that she ran off with a man.

How can the person who should be the initial #1 suspect tell three different tales about the disappearance of his wife (who was divorcing him) and not have the authorities breathing down his neck?
TracyLynnS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 08:53 AM   #104
TheCars1986
Proud Daddy
Senior Member
 
TheCars1986's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 22, 2008
Location: Maryland
Posts: 6,555
Default

Didn't he also move out of the house the day after she disappeared?
TheCars1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 09:28 AM   #105
TracyLynnS
Don't Look Up
Senior Member
 
TracyLynnS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 07, 2009
Posts: 3,087
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCars1986
Didn't he also move out of the house the day after she disappeared?
Just yesterday, I read that he did move out immediately.

Lots of red flags everywhere in this case. What a shame nobody did a thorough investigation. I think it even took them years to finally admit that it was a murder, and Christi hadn't just run away.
TracyLynnS is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:35 AM.


Frequently Asked Questions

1) How do I contact Unsolved Mysteries with information on segments?

If you any information on cases, you can contact them via:

Website: www.unsolved.com

Contact form on official Unsolved Mysteries site

Please note that their old mailing address and 1-800 phone number no longer work.


2) Where can I watch Unsolved Mysteries?

Lifetime

Lifetime Schedule / Lifetime Site

Escape Schedule / Escape Site


Although the administrators and moderators of the Sitcoms Online Message Boards will attempt to keep all objectionable messages off this forum, it is impossible for us to review all messages. All messages express the views of the author, and neither the owners of the Sitcoms Online Message Boards, nor vBulletin Solutions Inc. (developers of vBulletin) will be held responsible for the content of any message. The owners of the Sitcoms Online Message Boards reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any thread for any reason.

VigLink badge

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.