Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Unsolved Mysteries Online Main Page / Message Board / Show History / Episode Guide (1987-2002) / Expanded Episode Guide #2 / Expanded Episode Guide #3 / Case Updates / Wiki / Official Site / Lifetime Site / Lifetime Schedule / Related Links / True Crime Shows Message Board / All Other Cases Message Board / Buy The Best of Unsolved Mysteries DVD / Buy Unsolved Mysteries - The Ultimate Collection DVD

Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season on Amazon Instant Video
/
Season 2
/ Season 3 / Season 4 /
Season 5
/ Season 6 / Season 7 /
Season 8
/ Season 9 / Season 10 /
Season 11
/ Season 12 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina Episodes

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina - The Complete First Season Episodes on Amazon Instant Video
/ Season 2 / Season 3 / Season 4 / Season 5 / Season 6 / Season 7 / Season 8 / Watch on YouTube


Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends DVD Set

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Unsolved Mysteries

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of June 17, 2019)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Fall Premiere Dates for CBS; CBS and Viacom in Merger Talks Yet Again
Fri-Yay: Reaction to The Good Place Ending; Antenna TV Brings Back Webster, What's Happening!! and What's Happening Now!!
New Chip 'n' Dale Coming to Disney+ in 2020; Inside the Actors Studio Moves to Ovation and Starts with Sitcom-Themed Show
TBS Celebrates Seinfeld's 30th Anniversary; Netflix Renews Russian Doll for Season 2
Netflix Series Adds Rising Star to New Series; Corporate Gets 3rd and Final Season
Comedy Central Schedules Lights Out with David Spade; NBC's The Good Place to End After Season 4


New on DVD/Blu-ray (April/May/June)

Evening Shade - The Complete Collection Perfect Strangers - The Complete Seventh and Eighth Seasons My Three Sons - The Third Season - Volume One The Brady Bunch - 50th Anniversary The Brady-est TV & Movie Collection Will & Grace (The Revival) - Season Two

04/02 - Archer: Danger Island - The Complete Season Nine
04/09 - You're the Worst - The Complete Fifth Season
04/12 - Evening Shade - The Complete Collection
04/16 - The Big C - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
05/07 - Baskets - The Complete Season Three
05/13 - I'm Dying Up Here - Season 2
05/13 - My Three Sons - The Third Season - Volume One
05/13 - My Three Sons - The Third Season - Volume Two
05/14 - The Donna Reed Show - Seasons 1-5
05/14 - Petticoat Junction - Seasons 1-3
05/28 - Perfect Strangers - The Complete Seventh and Eighth Seasons (WBShop.com)
05/28 - South Park - The Complete Twenty-Second Season (Blu-ray)
06/04 - The Brady Bunch - 50th Anniversary The Brady-est Brady Bunch TV & Movie Collection
06/18 - Will & Grace (The Revival) - Season Two (Blu-ray)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-22-2013, 10:03 PM   #136
Oldschooler81
Member
Forum Regular
 
Oldschooler81's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 03, 2009
Location: Northern CA
Posts: 454
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegtheEgg86
Right. This happened during the work week as well, so there were probably relatively few people awake at that hour early on a Friday morning--not to mention the very chilly temperature typical of Nebraska in December that would compel most people to remain indoors.
I hadn't thought of that, but those are good points too. Neighbors probably had space heaters making noise and/or were sound asleep. Especially if they had to be at work the next morning.

Quote:
I feel so terribly for her, her family, and her children. There's no question in my mind she was a spousal abuse victim and that it ultimately caused her demise.
Absolutely agree. Even in the 1 in 100 billion chance Mark is innocent of her murder, he's an abuser and a despicable human being. Like earlier in the segment when he admitted he pushed her onto the bed, causing her fractured thumb she went to the local hospital for. Every time I've watched it, I always think: Dude, who the (blank) do you think you are trying to control a grown woman, one you supposedly love, from going out!?

She'd seemed ready to move on with her life, especially seeing the lawyer in another town. Chances are, she'd have taken the kids with her and left Mark cold turkey. Sadly, so many abused women never get the courage to even do that. Hopefully one day, evidence gets tied back to Mark and he can get life without parole.
Oldschooler81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 10:49 PM   #137
Oldschooler81
Member
Forum Regular
 
Oldschooler81's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 03, 2009
Location: Northern CA
Posts: 454
Default Info about Christi's boyfriend?

Something just hit me that I'm surprised I hadn't thought more about before.

How much do we know about this other guy that Christi was seeing shortly before she disappeared? I wonder if it was just a fling/flirtationship/affair, or were they seriously romantically involved? Even if they had deep feelings for each other, maybe they had to sneak around because it was a small (i.e. probably conservative/right-leaning) town, and the general societal taboos because Christi was married (albeit to a scumbag) would've made people view them kinda negatively.

I'm assuming he was a nice guy and protective, unlike Mark. That's no small point either, because I'm thinking this relationship might've precipitated her finally having the courage to go through with getting a divorce. If that's the case, I also wonder if this guy ever stood up to Mark to protect her. You'd think he'd at least be concerned for her (and the kids') safety, because the guy was obviously a loose cannon and abusive to begin with.
Oldschooler81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 04:56 AM   #138
MegtheEgg86
Member
Senior Member
 
MegtheEgg86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 19, 2008
Location: The Volunteer State
Posts: 4,777
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldschooler81
Something just hit me that I'm surprised I hadn't thought more about before.

How much do we know about this other guy that Christi was seeing shortly before she disappeared? I wonder if it was just a fling/flirtationship/affair, or were they seriously romantically involved? Even if they had deep feelings for each other, maybe they had to sneak around because it was a small (i.e. probably conservative/right-leaning) town, and the general societal taboos because Christi was married (albeit to a scumbag) would've made people view them kinda negatively.

I'm assuming he was a nice guy and protective, unlike Mark. That's no small point either, because I'm thinking this relationship might've precipitated her finally having the courage to go through with getting a divorce. If that's the case, I also wonder if this guy ever stood up to Mark to protect her. You'd think he'd at least be concerned for her (and the kids') safety, because the guy was obviously a loose cannon and abusive to begin with.
About the only thing I've ever read about this alleged affair was that a letter to the man authorities believe Christi was seeing was found in Christi's car. The only contents of that letter that have ever been revealed (as far as I know) is that Christi wrote that she was planning to leave Mark sometime after Christmas, and that she would contact the man after a few months. Other than that, zilch. I'd like to know more about him, too.
__________________
"Why is she lying?, it makes me wonder. What is she hiding?, it makes me wonder."

Go Vols!
MegtheEgg86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 06:23 AM   #139
Oldschooler81
Member
Forum Regular
 
Oldschooler81's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 03, 2009
Location: Northern CA
Posts: 454
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegtheEgg86
About the only thing I've ever read about this alleged affair was that a letter to the man authorities believe Christi was seeing was found in Christi's car. The only contents of that letter that have ever been revealed (as far as I know) is that Christi wrote that she was planning to leave Mark sometime after Christmas, and that she would contact the man after a few months. Other than that, zilch. I'd like to know more about him, too.
Thanks Meg, I figured if anybody would've known about that, it'd be you. I vaguely recall reading that awhile back now too. I'm guessing Christi only was sticking around even that long in order to have a decent Christmas for her kids before things might've gotten chaotic for awhile, if she had to move out of town. I bet it was a long distance relationship (though how she met this guy, I have no idea?). I wonder if he ever came forward or talked to the police. Poor guy might've even felt guilty or somewhat indirectly responsible for what happened, or for not standing up to Mark before, who knows?
Oldschooler81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 03:30 PM   #140
TheCars1986
Proud Daddy
Senior Member
 
TheCars1986's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 22, 2008
Location: Maryland
Posts: 6,546
Default

I think the boyfriend was the initial reason why the authorities were reluctant to go after Mark, because he was a possible other person of interest in her disappearance. But the segment made it clear that the man was questioned and cleared, IIRC. Still baffles me why no charges have been brought against Mark. I was thinking about making a post that was to play devil's advocate for the case of Mark's innocence, but I couldn't even do it. He's guilty as hell.
TheCars1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 05:52 PM   #141
JKO
Member
First Time Poster
 
Join Date: Jul 06, 2014
Posts: 1
Default Christi Jo Nichols

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCars1986
I think the boyfriend was the initial reason why the authorities were reluctant to go after Mark, because he was a possible other person of interest in her disappearance. But the segment made it clear that the man was questioned and cleared, IIRC. Still baffles me why no charges have been brought against Mark. I was thinking about making a post that was to play devil's advocate for the case of Mark's innocence, but I couldn't even do it. He's guilty as hell.
I know these posts are old but I know the family of Christi Jo Nichols and I feel it is a travesty of justice that this case is not being looked at again. I think there is enough information, red flags, smoking guns, etc that there is no reason why investigators cannot probe Mark Nichols further. It's time he told the truth for the sake of the family. They DESERVE to place the remains of their loved one in a proper resting place in a cemetery. Investigators need to step up to the plate and re-investigate this. There is much on this story and furthermore I have to wonder why Mark Nichols was never charged, body or no body. There are plenty of other cases out there that have been solved on much less information. There is one thing that has not been brought out and I cannot say it is a fact but I understand Mark Nichols knew before hand his wife was leaving him and I don't think it came from her. In other words, someone within the Gothenburg PD gave Mark Nichols information that may have led to her death. If this is true, this case needs a second look. There needs to be a grand jury investigation on this.
JKO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 09:06 PM   #142
MegtheEgg86
Member
Senior Member
 
MegtheEgg86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 19, 2008
Location: The Volunteer State
Posts: 4,777
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKO
I know these posts are old but I know the family of Christi Jo Nichols and I feel it is a travesty of justice that this case is not being looked at again. I think there is enough information, red flags, smoking guns, etc that there is no reason why investigators cannot probe Mark Nichols further. It's time he told the truth for the sake of the family. They DESERVE to place the remains of their loved one in a proper resting place in a cemetery. Investigators need to step up to the plate and re-investigate this. There is much on this story and furthermore I have to wonder why Mark Nichols was never charged, body or no body. There are plenty of other cases out there that have been solved on much less information. There is one thing that has not been brought out and I cannot say it is a fact but I understand Mark Nichols knew before hand his wife was leaving him and I don't think it came from her. In other words, someone within the Gothenburg PD gave Mark Nichols information that may have led to her death. If this is true, this case needs a second look. There needs to be a grand jury investigation on this.
I agree with you completely, JKO. I never knew about Mark being alerted that Christi was fixing to leave by someone within the Gothenburg PD. Do you have any other information you feel comfortable sharing with us concerning the case as you know Christi's family? Completely understand if you wish not to for privacy reasons, but I have always felt very strongly that this was a murder. Christi's case has always stuck with me--I guess I feel like I can identify with her in a lot of ways. Thanks for coming by and posting.
MegtheEgg86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 08:05 PM   #143
TheCars1986
Proud Daddy
Senior Member
 
TheCars1986's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 22, 2008
Location: Maryland
Posts: 6,546
Default

Doesn't surprise me that Mark got tipped off by someone, which probably led to Christi's death. I just wonder if there were witnesses in the bar that night (when Mark allegedly was getting along great with Christi shooting pool) that could corroborate his story on that point.
TheCars1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2015, 10:41 PM   #144
DanCart
Member
Forum Regular
 
DanCart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 03, 2013
Posts: 352
Default

Just been watching the Christi segment and I got to say Mark seemed so unusually calm and emotionless in most his appearances which I found interesting but one thing that I hadnt noticed before which I picked up on was that at the end of the segment were he said a lot of people think he was violent and he was not a violent person - he blinked a bit and seemed slightly agitated ........hmm, it makes me wonder ....is he upset about being characterised as violent ? or is he cognizant of the fact that he is saying something misleading ? or is the real Mark coming out....... Since he moved out of the family home the day after Christi disappearance were did he live ?

Last edited by DanCart; 01-01-2015 at 11:02 PM.
DanCart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2015, 12:17 AM   #145
hostedbyrobertstack
Member
Forum Regular
 
hostedbyrobertstack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 23, 2007
Location: OH
Posts: 389
Default

Try 1205 avenue A in gothenburg. I street viewed it and it looks more like the house in the segment. Although I don't think that is the actual house used. I found this address actually belonged to mark nichols in gothenburg at the time of the disappearance.
hostedbyrobertstack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2015, 12:49 AM   #146
LooksLikeCRicci
Likes to live in a clean house
Moderator
 
LooksLikeCRicci's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 27, 2005
Posts: 3,703
Send a message via AIM to LooksLikeCRicci Send a message via Yahoo to LooksLikeCRicci
Default

Yep. Guilty. I just rewatched this segment again. He's pushing all of my "he's lying" buttons...
LooksLikeCRicci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2015, 12:57 AM   #147
DanCart
Member
Forum Regular
 
DanCart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 03, 2013
Posts: 352
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LooksLikeCRicci
Yep. Guilty. I just rewatched this segment again. He's pushing all of my "he's lying" buttons...
Its funny you say that because an FBI profiler once said sometimes guilty people exhibit extreme calm. in such situations as Mark found himself in .....
DanCart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2015, 12:59 AM   #148
DanCart
Member
Forum Regular
 
DanCart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 03, 2013
Posts: 352
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by hostedbyrobertstack
Try 1205 avenue A in gothenburg. I street viewed it and it looks more like the house in the segment. Although I don't think that is the actual house used. I found this address actually belonged to mark nichols in gothenburg at the time of the disappearance.
Interesting stuff. Thanks
DanCart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2015, 01:01 PM   #149
LilMissKryssy
" & every sinner has a future"
Forum Regular
 
LilMissKryssy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 09, 2013
Location: Buffalo, NY
Posts: 465
Default

I'm kind of confused with the timeline of events. Okay so Christi and Mark were out playing pool at the bar she worked at, left, he arrived home by himself (babysitter never saw her and Mark paid her). So, based on that I'm assuming she was killed between leaving the bar and mark arriving home. I know blood was found in the car that was later confirmed to be Christi but it was also found in the bedroom. I'm also guessing that since he dropped the kids of in the morning to "look for Christi", thats when he actually got rid of her body and disposed of evidence during those hours he dropped the kids off. Im just wondering how her blood got into the bedroom then. Unless it was from an older beating as I know she was beaten up frequently
__________________
Little Miss Kryssy K
LilMissKryssy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2015, 01:47 PM   #150
DALLASTEXAN!!
Member
Senior Member
 
DALLASTEXAN!!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 31, 2007
Location: Suffolk, England
Posts: 2,120
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilMissKryssy
I'm kind of confused with the timeline of events. Okay so Christi and Mark were out playing pool at the bar she worked at, left, he arrived home by himself (babysitter never saw her and Mark paid her). So, based on that I'm assuming she was killed between leaving the bar and mark arriving home. I know blood was found in the car that was later confirmed to be Christi but it was also found in the bedroom. I'm also guessing that since he dropped the kids of in the morning to "look for Christi", thats when he actually got rid of her body and disposed of evidence during those hours he dropped the kids off. Im just wondering how her blood got into the bedroom then. Unless it was from an older beating as I know she was beaten up frequently
Yeah that's the thought since he is likely lieing about her coming home. If they were at the bar drinking together he might of been hoping for a good time but whether he was tipped off and confronted her or she just did on her on accord she likely got the courage to tell him she was done and already started filing for divorce and he probably snapped on her. Even if she did come home with him as said he may have done it there. What if he hit her in the car and she walked into the restroom not wanting to be seen by the babysitter/kids. And then he killed her later and put her in the trunk. Either way he seems guilty and his knowing the details of what she packed combined with not asking her grandmother of her whereabouts and lieing to her mom scream guilt and cover up on his part. He obviously needed time to hide her body and come up with a cover up story and his actions early on reflect it.

Last edited by DALLASTEXAN!!; 01-02-2015 at 02:04 PM.
DALLASTEXAN!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:46 PM.


Frequently Asked Questions

1) How do I contact Unsolved Mysteries with information on segments?

If you any information on cases, you can contact them via:

Website: www.unsolved.com

Contact form on official Unsolved Mysteries site

Please note that their old mailing address and 1-800 phone number no longer work.


2) Where can I watch Unsolved Mysteries?

Lifetime

Lifetime Schedule / Lifetime Site

Escape Schedule / Escape Site


Although the administrators and moderators of the Sitcoms Online Message Boards will attempt to keep all objectionable messages off this forum, it is impossible for us to review all messages. All messages express the views of the author, and neither the owners of the Sitcoms Online Message Boards, nor vBulletin Solutions Inc. (developers of vBulletin) will be held responsible for the content of any message. The owners of the Sitcoms Online Message Boards reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any thread for any reason.

VigLink badge

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.