Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Unsolved Mysteries Online Main Page / Message Board / Show History / Episode Guide (1987-2002) / Expanded Episode Guide #2 / Expanded Episode Guide #3 / Case Updates / Wiki / Official Site / Lifetime Site / Lifetime Schedule / Related Links / True Crime Shows Message Board / All Other Cases Message Board / Buy The Best of Unsolved Mysteries DVD / Buy Unsolved Mysteries - The Ultimate Collection DVD

Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season on Amazon Instant Video
/
Season 2
/ Season 3 / Season 4 /
Season 5
/ Season 6 / Season 7 /
Season 8
/ Season 9 / Season 10 /
Season 11
/ Season 12 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina Episodes

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina - The Complete First Season Episodes on Amazon Instant Video
/ Season 2 / Season 3 / Season 4 / Season 5 / Season 6 / Season 7 / Season 8 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends DVD Set

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Unsolved Mysteries

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Fox Fall 2019 Premiere Dates; FX Sets Dates for Fall 2019 Schedule
Barney Miller Summer Fridays on Antenna TV; Tyler Perry Studios Takes Over BET with New Series
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of June 24, 2019)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Mark-Paul Gosselaar Cast in black-ish Spinoff; Urkel Makes a Return in Scooby Doo
Fri-Yay: The Amazing Superstore Season 4 Finale; Netflix Has Healing Powers
Extreme Makeover: Home Edition Returns with "Modern" Twist; Showtime Is Back to Life For New Comedy
truTV Gets 2nd Season of Tacoma FD; I'm Sorry Gets Season 3 on truTV

New on DVD/Blu-ray (April/May/June)

Evening Shade - The Complete Collection Perfect Strangers - The Complete Seventh and Eighth Seasons My Three Sons - The Third Season - Volume One The Brady Bunch - 50th Anniversary The Brady-est TV & Movie Collection Will & Grace (The Revival) - Season Two

04/02 - Archer: Danger Island - The Complete Season Nine
04/09 - You're the Worst - The Complete Fifth Season
04/12 - Evening Shade - The Complete Collection
04/16 - The Big C - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
05/07 - Baskets - The Complete Season Three
05/13 - I'm Dying Up Here - Season 2
05/13 - My Three Sons - The Third Season - Volume One
05/13 - My Three Sons - The Third Season - Volume Two
05/14 - The Donna Reed Show - Seasons 1-5
05/14 - Petticoat Junction - Seasons 1-3
05/28 - Perfect Strangers - The Complete Seventh and Eighth Seasons (WBShop.com)
05/28 - South Park - The Complete Twenty-Second Season (Blu-ray)
06/04 - The Brady Bunch - 50th Anniversary The Brady-est Brady Bunch TV & Movie Collection
06/18 - Will & Grace (The Revival) - Season Two (Blu-ray)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 05-11-2007, 09:37 PM   #1
Babydollz24
Frequent Poster

Wink Colleen Ritter

Ok is it just me or does anyone think that Colleen Ritter (the girl whose parents were murdered by her psycho ex-boyfriend, and she was attacked by him) looks like the Singer Kelly Clarkson? i saw this segment the other day and I kept trying to figure out who she looked like and then it hit me. Does anyone else think this?
Babydollz24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2007, 07:47 AM   #2
crystaldawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babydollz24
Ok is it just me or does anyone think that Colleen Ritter (the girl whose parents were murdered by her psycho ex-boyfriend, and she was attacked by him) looks like the Singer Kelly Clarkson? i saw this segment the other day and I kept trying to figure out who she looked like and then it hit me. Does anyone else think this?
Yea, I can see that.
crystaldawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2007, 08:04 AM   #3
SP4CE INV4DERZ
40-0 0WN3D
Forum Regular

Hey does anyone else think Colleen Ritter had a sort of cheeky under-smile, that's the only way I can discribe it. She doesn't come off quite as bad as say Sarah Beard who laughed through her whole interview but it's there. I'm not saying Colleen deserved this but I would think there's alot more to this story than UM portrayed.
SP4CE INV4DERZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2007, 11:40 AM   #4
DarkDante

She looks like a little woodchuck.
DarkDante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2007, 03:01 PM   #5
Babydollz24
Frequent Poster

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Space Invaderz
Hey does anyone else think Colleen Ritter had a sort of cheeky under-smile, that's the only way I can discribe it. She doesn't come off quite as bad as say Sarah Beard who laughed through her whole interview but it's there. I'm not saying Colleen deserved this but I would think there's alot more to this story than UM portrayed.
If both my parents had been murdered, and I was on unsolved mysteries telling what had happened, I would be extremely sad. I know that I would be in tears and have a hard time telling my story. I don't think that Colleen shed a tear. So yes, I can see what you are saying.
Babydollz24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2007, 10:56 PM   #6
rella
First Time Poster

Default Colleen Ritter

What did you expect her to do? Sob for you? Don't you think she and her surviving family have been through enough? Do you have ANY FRICKIN IDEA what its like? To never be able to sleep at night from nightmares? Ever?
To loose your parents????????? To someone you thought you knew? I'll tell ya what, you sound like the type that would like to befriend the killer, maybe you would like to marry him? Poor, misunderstood young man........he's at Menard Correctional Center Illinois, knock yourself out!!!
rella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2007, 05:04 AM   #7
SP4CE INV4DERZ
40-0 0WN3D
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by rella
What did you expect her to do? Sob for you? Don't you think she and her surviving family have been through enough? Do you have ANY FRICKIN IDEA what its like? To never be able to sleep at night from nightmares? Ever?
To loose your parents????????? To someone you thought you knew? I'll tell ya what, you sound like the type that would like to befriend the killer, maybe you would like to marry him? Poor, misunderstood young man........he's at Menard Correctional Center Illinois, knock yourself out!!!
SP4CE INV4DERZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2007, 06:44 AM   #8
James T

Steady on

Quote:
James T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2007, 04:43 PM   #9
Chris Billings
Frequent Poster

Yeah, she has a round chubby face. Kind of sweet looking, friendly all American type.
Chris Billings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2007, 10:23 PM   #10
mhryvnak
Occasional Poster

Send a message via AIM to mhryvnak
Question Colleen's psycho bf

Did they ever find her boyfriend? I remember seeing the segment semi recently (when UM was still on LRW) but I don't think there was any updates to the story.
mhryvnak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2007, 10:37 PM   #11
mhryvnak
Occasional Poster

Send a message via AIM to mhryvnak
Question Colleen's psycho bf

Did they ever find her boyfriend? I remember seeing the segment semi recently (when UM was still on LRW) but I don't think there was any updates to the story.
mhryvnak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2007, 10:50 PM   #12
Chris Billings
Frequent Poster

Yep, they did. Rick Church (I believe that was his name) was captured after an off duty cop spotted him working at a fast food restaurant.

The update is on the bizarre murder DVD set.
Chris Billings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 12:31 PM   #13
UMfan77

Quote:

I understand what you're saying, but she could've at least TRIED to look a little sad, for the sake of the show and the fact that she was going to be on national television.
UMfan77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 01:27 PM   #14
crystaldawn

Rella I don't want you to get the impression we think of Colleen Ritter as anything other than a victim. It was more of an observation that some made that she didn't show much emotion in the interview. Of course some people show emotion more than others. There's no doubt she is a very strong and courageous woman and I did like her attitude in that Rick Church had already taken so much from her and she wasn't going to allow him to take any more.

I do believe that he was apprehended shortly after the segment aired and I too remember them saying he was seen while working at a fast food restaurant. I can't seem to find anything on him. Maybe our resident inmate lookup expert Kadrmas will have better luck.
crystaldawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 02:07 PM   #15
ididn'tdoit
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by crystaldawn
Rella I don't want you to get the impression we think of Colleen Ritter as anything other than a victim. It was more of an observation that some made that she didn't show much emotion in the interview. Of course some people show emotion more than others. There's no doubt she is a very strong and courageous woman and I did like her attitude in that Rick Church had already taken so much from her and she wasn't going to allow him to take any more.

I do believe that he was apprehended shortly after the segment aired and I too remember them saying he was seen while working at a fast food restaurant. I can't seem to find anything on him. Maybe our resident inmate lookup expert Kadrmas will have better luck.
I couldn't agree more, I'm sure Colleen has gone thru a lot of grief and pain, it just didn't show that much, I mean we're talking about a 10-min. segment here.
ididn'tdoit is offline   Reply With Quote