Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Unsolved Mysteries Online Main Page / Message Board / Show History / Episode Guide (1987-2002) / Expanded Episode Guide #2 / Expanded Episode Guide #3 / Case Updates / Wiki / Official Site / Lifetime Site / Lifetime Schedule / Related Links / True Crime Shows Message Board / All Other Cases Message Board / Buy The Best of Unsolved Mysteries DVD / Buy Unsolved Mysteries - The Ultimate Collection DVD

Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season on Amazon Instant Video
/
Season 2
/ Season 3 / Season 4 /
Season 5
/ Season 6 / Season 7 /
Season 8
/ Season 9 / Season 10 /
Season 11
/ Season 12 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina Episodes

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina - The Complete First Season Episodes on Amazon Instant Video
/ Season 2 / Season 3 / Season 4 / Season 5 / Season 6 / Season 7 / Season 8 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends DVD Set

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Unsolved Mysteries

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Comedy Central Gets Friday Talk Show; The Goldbergs Actress Releases Music Video
Fox Fall 2019 Premiere Dates; FX Sets Dates for Fall 2019 Schedule
Barney Miller Summer Fridays on Antenna TV; Tyler Perry Studios Takes Over BET with New Series
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of June 24, 2019)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Mark-Paul Gosselaar Cast in black-ish Spinoff; Urkel Makes a Return in Scooby Doo
Fri-Yay: The Amazing Superstore Season 4 Finale; Netflix Has Healing Powers
Extreme Makeover: Home Edition Returns with "Modern" Twist; Showtime Is Back to Life For New Comedy

New on DVD/Blu-ray (April/May/June)

Evening Shade - The Complete Collection Perfect Strangers - The Complete Seventh and Eighth Seasons My Three Sons - The Third Season - Volume One The Brady Bunch - 50th Anniversary The Brady-est TV & Movie Collection Will & Grace (The Revival) - Season Two

04/02 - Archer: Danger Island - The Complete Season Nine
04/09 - You're the Worst - The Complete Fifth Season
04/12 - Evening Shade - The Complete Collection
04/16 - The Big C - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
05/07 - Baskets - The Complete Season Three
05/13 - I'm Dying Up Here - Season 2
05/13 - My Three Sons - The Third Season - Volume One
05/13 - My Three Sons - The Third Season - Volume Two
05/14 - The Donna Reed Show - Seasons 1-5
05/14 - Petticoat Junction - Seasons 1-3
05/28 - Perfect Strangers - The Complete Seventh and Eighth Seasons (WBShop.com)
05/28 - South Park - The Complete Twenty-Second Season (Blu-ray)
06/04 - The Brady Bunch - 50th Anniversary The Brady-est Brady Bunch TV & Movie Collection
06/18 - Will & Grace (The Revival) - Season Two (Blu-ray)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 01-01-2019, 01:48 PM   #76
alfie00
Occasional Poster

I just noticed a post above already saying what I was going to say that his mother had said that he wanted to go to Atlanta for the summer Olympics. He was killed on the 11th July and the games started on the 18th.

This makes the most sense.

His erratic behaviour could be due to taking hallucinogenic drugs, that's pure speculation though.

The only slightly weird thing left is why he bought a flight to Germany and never took it and why he paid so much for the D.C flight.

Almost certain he was looking for a prostitute or drugs in Knoxville also.
alfie00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2019, 06:54 PM   #77
alistaircranium
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by alfie00 View Post
I have some interesting info which could kind of wrap some of the mystery up.
So you don't have any info. Just speculation.
alistaircranium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2019, 07:32 PM   #78
JC1957
Frequent Poster

Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by alistaircranium View Post
So you don't have any info. Just speculation.
Thank you. My thoughts exactly.
JC1957 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2019, 12:38 AM   #79
alfie00
Occasional Poster

Well the info was that he was headed to Atlanta which is a 4 hour drive from Knoxville.

That explains what he was doing in that part of the world, not randomly running away from some bogeyman.

This ties up a lot, he had a reason for his travel .

He probably got into some small time trouble at home and decided to go on a travelling holiday and why not take in the atmosphere of the Olympics opening ceremony. Spend a few weeks on the road then return to Canada.
Old 01-02-2019, 11:37 AM   #80
alistaircranium
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Well the info was that he was headed to Atlanta which is a 4 hour drive from Knoxville.

That explains what he was doing in that part of the world, not randomly running away from some bogeyman.

This ties up a lot, he had a reason for his travel .

He probably got into some small time trouble at home and decided to go on a travelling holiday and why not take in the atmosphere of the Olympics opening ceremony. Spend a few weeks on the road then return to Canada.
Blair going to Atlanta was not new information.
alistaircranium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2019, 12:28 PM   #81
alfie00
Occasional Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by alistaircranium View Post
Blair going to Atlanta was not new information.
It was to me. To me it wraps it up.
Old 01-03-2019, 11:50 AM   #82
TheCars1986
Proud Daddy

Quote:
It was to me. To me it wraps it up.
Agreed. I must have overlooked this prior. That takes about 50% of the mystery out of the case, IMO. He wasn't running from anyone.
TheCars1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2019, 01:40 PM   #83
Jon
Forum Regular

If he was en route to Atlanta, why were the police in Tennessee so perplexed as to why he was in Knoxville? I believe they said in the segment that they couldn't find any reason for him to be in the Knoxville area.
Jon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2019, 02:19 PM   #84
alfie00
Occasional Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon View Post
If he was en route to Atlanta, why were the police in Tennessee so perplexed as to why he was in Knoxville? I believe they said in the segment that they couldn't find any reason for him to be in the Knoxville area.
Is it not en route to Atlanta, no GPS or internet in those days, just a plain old map and choose your route.
Old 01-03-2019, 04:18 PM   #85
TheCars1986
Proud Daddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon View Post
Knoxville is on the way south towards Atlanta. He bought a one way ticket to DC and he flew into Dulles Airport before traveling south towards Knoxville. His odd behavior coupled with the fact that he was a Canadian who traveled from Washington state to DC no doubt would have perplexed investigators. But in the context of knowing that the Olympics were only a week or so away, it makes more sense as to why he would be headed in that direction, IMO.
Old 01-03-2019, 04:33 PM   #86
Jon
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCars1986 View Post
Knoxville is on the way south towards Atlanta. He bought a one way ticket to DC and he flew into Dulles Airport before traveling south towards Knoxville. His odd behavior coupled with the fact that he was a Canadian who traveled from Washington state to DC no doubt would have perplexed investigators. But in the context of knowing that the Olympics were only a week or so away, it makes more sense as to why he would be headed in that direction, IMO.
Yes, everything you said makes sense. I definitely get why the police or anyone else would be baffled about the plane ticket and about everything else he did in the days leading up to his death.

What I was getting at was in the segment, the two Knoxville cops UM interviewed said something to the effect of "he didn't know anyone in Tennessee and had no reason to be in Knoxville that we could find."

My point was that if Blair Adams was just driving to the Olympics in Atlanta, the cops likely wouldn't have been so confused about him being found in Knoxville.

Last edited by Jon; 01-03-2019 at 07:29 PM. Reason: Grammar
Jon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2019, 07:09 PM   #87
RobinW

I'm not sure I put much stock in the claim that Blair was travelling to the Olympics in Atlanta. The sole source for this is Blair's mother when she was interviewed in this article from 2017, but she apparently never shared this piece of info with the authorities at the time Blair was killed. When the reporter asked her for more information, she abruptly hung up the phone and refused to speak with him again when he called back...

Quote:
She claimed Adams traveled to the South to attend the 1996 Summer Olympic Games in Atlanta — information never relayed to authorities.

The games began July 19, eight days after Adams' body was discovered more than 200 miles away in Knox County.

Edwards didn't explain how she knew her son's destination, how he ended up in Knoxville, or why she never told police.

"That was the whole point of his trip," Edwards said before hanging up the phone.

Other calls to Edwards' home were answered by her husband, who grew angry, called chances of solving the case "remote as hell," and said, "We're not going to open that can of worms again."
All that being said, I'm sure the only reason Blair wound up in Knoxville is because he just happened to pull over for gas there and thought he misplaced his rental car key, which led to being him stranded. I have no idea what his ultimate destination was, but he probably just got into an altercation with the wrong person in Knoxville which led to his death.
RobinW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2019, 03:43 AM   #88
alfie00
Occasional Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinW View Post
I'm not sure I put much stock in the claim that Blair was travelling to the Olympics in Atlanta. The sole source for this is Blair's mother when she was interviewed in this article from 2017, but she apparently never shared this piece of info with the authorities at the time Blair was killed. When the reporter asked her for more information, she abruptly hung up the phone and refused to speak with him again when he called back...

All that being said, I'm sure the only reason Blair wound up in Knoxville is because he just happened to pull over for gas there and thought he misplaced his rental car key, which led to being him stranded. I have no idea what his ultimate destination was, but he probably just got into an altercation with the wrong person in Knoxville which led to his death.

Interesting article. The paranoid behaviour is consistent with active or recovering alcoholics and/or drug users. The withdrawal can cause all kinds of paranoia, confusion and aggression.

Adams was essentially both. They freak out at anything and can get pretty aggressive.

It's much less of a mystery now. I think he was being completely irrational in his thinking and ended up in a confrontational situation and possibly got run over by some also freaked out pimp.
Old 01-04-2019, 09:08 AM   #89
TheCars1986
Proud Daddy

My sole issue with the prostitution/pimp theory is why did they leave all of his valuables behind? And why were his pants pulled down, and why was shoe placed under his head like a pillow?

The one theory is that while engaged in a sexual act with a prostitute, someone else (presumably a pimp) came out of nowhere to "roll" Blair. But the problem with this theory is that nothing valuable was taken. And it did appear that some of his belongings were rifled through.

The other scenario is that Blair started to get aggressive with a prostitute, which caused the pimp to intervene. I suppose that's plausible, because the lone ear-witness to the case says that he heard a woman's scream at around 3:30 that morning. But Blair was stranded at the motel he checked in (since he "lost" his car key), so he could only realistically go to places within walking distance. The lot where he was found was across a major highway from the hotel he was staying. How exactly would he have picked up a prostitute with no vehicle? And why travel to that location without a car?

I did read an interesting theory over on reddit awhile ago. Blair was suspected of stealing a car prior to coming into the US. The theory was that Blair, in a paranoid state, attempted to steal another car that was occupied, and the occupant got angry and beat him to death before hightailing out of the area. That would explain why no valuables were taken.
Old 01-04-2019, 02:28 PM   #90
Huskerz85
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCars1986 View Post
My sole issue with the prostitution/pimp theory is why did they leave all of his valuables behind? And why were his pants pulled down, and why was shoe placed under his head like a pillow?

The one theory is that while engaged in a sexual act with a prostitute, someone else (presumably a pimp) came out of nowhere to "roll" Blair. But the problem with this theory is that nothing valuable was taken. And it did appear that some of his belongings were rifled through.

The other scenario is that Blair started to get aggressive with a prostitute, which caused the pimp to intervene. I suppose that's plausible, because the lone ear-witness to the case says that he heard a woman's scream at around 3:30 that morning. But Blair was stranded at the motel he checked in (since he "lost" his car key), so he could only realistically go to places within walking distance. The lot where he was found was across a major highway from the hotel he was staying. How exactly would he have picked up a prostitute with no vehicle? And why travel to that location without a car?

I did read an interesting theory over on reddit awhile ago. Blair was suspected of stealing a car prior to coming into the US. The theory was that Blair, in a paranoid state, attempted to steal another car that was occupied, and the occupant got angry and beat him to death before hightailing out of the area. That would explain why no valuables were taken.
For me what makes the prostitution/pimp theory plausible is the whole notion that the prostitute/pimp didn't set out to purposely rob him - things went south all of a sudden and Blair was killed on a whim, without any thought given to it. They popped him and then, being spooked, they simply cut & ran (without giving any thought to the valuables he had on him).

Like you said though, he was found some distance away, so yeah, without a car, it seems pretty implausible he could arrange a rendezvous (unless that certain area was a known hangout for those kind of characters).

That theory from reddit could be equally plausible too I guess - though it would make one wonder even more just what was going on in his head (to make him go and do that)
Huskerz85 is offline   Reply With Quote