Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Unsolved Mysteries Online Main Page / Message Board / Show History / Episode Guide (1987-2002) / Expanded Episode Guide #2 / Expanded Episode Guide #3 / Case Updates / Wiki / Official Site / Lifetime Site / Lifetime Schedule / Related Links / True Crime Shows Message Board / All Other Cases Message Board / Buy The Best of Unsolved Mysteries DVD / Buy Unsolved Mysteries - The Ultimate Collection DVD

Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season on Amazon Instant Video
/
Season 2
/ Season 3 / Season 4 /
Season 5
/ Season 6 / Season 7 /
Season 8
/ Season 9 / Season 10 /
Season 11
/ Season 12 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina Episodes

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina - The Complete First Season Episodes on Amazon Instant Video
/ Season 2 / Season 3 / Season 4 / Season 5 / Season 6 / Season 7 / Season 8 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends DVD Set

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Unsolved Mysteries

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

truTV Gets 2nd Season of Tacoma FD; I'm Sorry Gets Season 3 on truTV
NBC Fall 2019 Premiere Dates; The CW Fall 2019 Premiere Dates
Netflix Gets Funny with Pranks with Stranger Things Star; Gabrielle Union and Jessica Alba Series Gets 2nd Season
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of June 17, 2019)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Fall Premiere Dates for CBS; CBS and Viacom in Merger Talks Yet Again
Fri-Yay: Reaction to The Good Place Ending; Antenna TV Brings Back Webster, What's Happening!! and What's Happening Now!!
New Chip 'n' Dale Coming to Disney+ in 2020; Inside the Actors Studio Moves to Ovation and Starts with Sitcom-Themed Show

New on DVD/Blu-ray (April/May/June)

Evening Shade - The Complete Collection Perfect Strangers - The Complete Seventh and Eighth Seasons My Three Sons - The Third Season - Volume One The Brady Bunch - 50th Anniversary The Brady-est TV & Movie Collection Will & Grace (The Revival) - Season Two

04/02 - Archer: Danger Island - The Complete Season Nine
04/09 - You're the Worst - The Complete Fifth Season
04/12 - Evening Shade - The Complete Collection
04/16 - The Big C - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
05/07 - Baskets - The Complete Season Three
05/13 - I'm Dying Up Here - Season 2
05/13 - My Three Sons - The Third Season - Volume One
05/13 - My Three Sons - The Third Season - Volume Two
05/14 - The Donna Reed Show - Seasons 1-5
05/14 - Petticoat Junction - Seasons 1-3
05/28 - Perfect Strangers - The Complete Seventh and Eighth Seasons (WBShop.com)
05/28 - South Park - The Complete Twenty-Second Season (Blu-ray)
06/04 - The Brady Bunch - 50th Anniversary The Brady-est Brady Bunch TV & Movie Collection
06/18 - Will & Grace (The Revival) - Season Two (Blu-ray)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 03-09-2009, 05:12 PM   #16
MegtheEgg86

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mastermind
Desolate area, smaller city, out of the reach of the eyes of the US govt or any one else. Transients there tend to mind their own business. Perfect area for illegal or covert activity. Within driving distance of DC.

IMHO, it wasn;t Blair that chose Knoxville, it was whoever he was supposed to meet there that chose it, Poor Blair, probably knew at that moment that it was game over and that would be his last stop.

Sorry for the long posts and passion on this subject, but this case has really being bugging me ever since I watched it. It;s better than reading an Agatha Christie novel
True; it's one of the smaller southern cities and is relatively out-of-the-way. It's about 10 hours away from DC by car, but I suppose that's generally driving distance. It's certainly not over a day away.

The long posts and passion don't bother me at all---this is one of my favorite cases and it's especially interesting to me because I live such a short distance away from the crime scene. Knoxville's the third largest city in Tennessee, but crimes like this are not at all common.

As horrific and gruesome as it sounds, if you're going to be murdered, Knoxville is the place to be. Bodies are sent into UT Medical Center from all over the country every day for autopsies, and you've probably heard about our "Body Farm." Blair's autopsy report and its findings are things I'm very sure of.

Go Vols!
MegtheEgg86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 05:14 PM   #17
MegtheEgg86

Default Some photos

Here's the BP station Blair stopped at, a shot of I-40 from the cul-de-sac in front of the two hotels (just so you can get an idea of how close they are to the interstate; that sliver of parking lot is where Blair was found), the Fairfield Inn he checked into, and the "motel under construction" across the street, which you'll see turned out to be a Motel 6. All photos are dated 11 MAR 2009.

Name:  BP.JPG
Views: 43
Size:  47.3 KB

Name:  I-40.JPG
Views: 33
Size:  60.2 KB

Name:  Fairfield Inn.JPG
Views: 27
Size:  50.1 KB

Name:  Motel 6.JPG
Views: 35
Size:  54.8 KB
Old 03-12-2009, 08:54 AM   #18
TracyLynnS
Don't Look Up

Wow! Meg, Thanks so much for going to all that trouble to take that drive and upload the pics for us.

TracyLynnS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 09:36 AM   #19
UMfan77

Those are great pictures, really gives us an idea of where this all happened.
UMfan77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 03:43 PM   #20
MegtheEgg86

Hate to dig up an old thread, but after rewatching this segment today I saw something I'd been missing until now.

I noticed when the autopsy diagrams from UT Med Center were shown, there was an indication that appears as though Blair sustained--for lack of a better phrase--some sort of trauma to the anal area. Nothing was ever mentioned about this in the segment, of course, or on the Knox Co website.

I'm not sure that's exactly what it is, however, because the film quality is not grand on my copy and it's difficult to make out any words (can anyone who has this segment verify?).

If that IS the case, I wonder if that can be considered possible indication that Blair was indeed attacked and hadn't been imagining being stalked, as speculated.
Old 07-01-2009, 05:08 PM   #21
Mastermind

Quote:
Hate to dig up an old thread, but after rewatching this segment today I saw something I'd been missing until now.

I noticed when the autopsy diagrams from UT Med Center were shown, there was an indication that appears as though Blair sustained--for lack of a better phrase--some sort of trauma to the anal area. Nothing was ever mentioned about this in the segment, of course, or on the Knox Co website.

I'm not sure that's exactly what it is, however, because the film quality is not grand on my copy and it's difficult to make out any words (can anyone who has this segment verify?).

If that IS the case, I wonder if that can be considered possible indication that Blair was indeed attacked and hadn't been imagining being stalked, as speculated
Anal or rectal?

1.Could be a defensive wound, from someone's knee being pushed against his back in a struggle
2. If they wanted to humiliate him by having his pants down, they could also have shoved a pipe up him as well.
Mastermind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 01:26 PM   #22
MegtheEgg86

Quote:
Anal or rectal?

1.Could be a defensive wound, from someone's knee being pushed against his back in a struggle
2. If they wanted to humiliate him by having his pants down, they could also have shoved a pipe up him as well.
Not too sure on that very first point; the writing is almost impossible to read on the report.

I was thinking something like a pipe or other instrument may have been used myself--but if it was, it almost definitely was not left in him. No account I've ever come across has ever mentioned anything to that effect, and as sadistic as it sounds, I would imagine something like that would be rather "newsworthy."

At the very least it would explain why exactly his pants were pulled down.
Old 07-02-2009, 02:25 PM   #23
Mastermind

Quote:
I was thinking something like a pipe or other instrument may have been used myself--
Was thinking the same thing. It's not out of the question that this same pipe or object was used to create the fatal blow to his stomach.

Most likely the anal/rectal wound was done after this blow, since most likely his pants were removed post-attack.

As for his pants, it's important to keep in mind that whoever attacked Blair, emptied out the contents of his pockets. They knew what he had money on him.

The fact his pants were down may have been both for humiliation and to make it easier to look through the contents of his pants.

One theory I thought about was that maybe it was a theft, but not of money.

Maybe they were looking for a key? Perhaps this key was on the same ring as the rental car key? Safety deposit box? Keys to a car or house?

Something else that occurs to me is that Blair's attackers did not want to kill him. If they did they would have used a knife gun or attacked him with more blows. They seemed to have just wanted to attack him or debilitate him.
Old 07-02-2009, 07:44 PM   #24
MegtheEgg86

Quote:
One theory I thought about was that maybe it was a theft, but not of money.

Maybe they were looking for a key? Perhaps this key was on the same ring as the rental car key? Safety deposit box? Keys to a car or house?
I was thinking the exact thing yesterday--his attackers seemed to be definitely looking for something. His entire person was essentially rifled through. Whatever it was, it was apparently of upmost importance--more important than all the thousands of dollars worth of cash and valuables Blair was carrying. Kind of makes me think that the attackers might be quite used to dealing in the expensive: they didn't have to rob Blair. It didn't matter to them. But whatever they knew he was carrying did.

A possible key on the rental car ring is very interesting. It might explain why the Toyota key suddenly appeared at the murder scene.

Quote:
Something else that occurs to me is that Blair's attackers did not want to kill him. If they did they would have used a knife gun or attacked him with more blows. They seemed to have just wanted to attack him or debilitate him.
I agree. I would imagine most don't automatically move to land a blow to the stomach in order to kill someone. It's a debilitating move, not a typically fatal one.
Old 07-13-2009, 04:29 PM   #25
tiddlywinks950
Frequent Poster

Anal trauma....the only thing I could think of if that is what happened is maybe that he was raped. If that was true, I really feel horrible about what happened to him. He must have been so scared.
tiddlywinks950 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 05:04 PM   #26
Necco

Could people have been looking for an item in his body? Perhaps the trauma was the result of an overzealous cavity search.
Necco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 05:16 PM   #27
Mastermind

Quote:
Anal trauma....the only thing I could think of if that is what happened is maybe that he was raped. If that was true, I really feel horrible about what happened to him. He must have been so scared.
Possible, but

1. That would potential mean there were multiple assailants.
2. I assume there was also no evidence of semen, so if it was rape it was via an
object
3. Even if he was raped, it doesn't explain why they search his pockets and left the money. They can rape him and get a huge payday all the same time.
4. How common is male on male rape outside of prisons and in the armed forces. What are the odds of it?

Quote:
Could people have been looking for an item in his body? Perhaps the trauma was the result of an overzealous cavity search.
Wow I never thought about that, but your right!!. Drugs, keys and film have been known to have been smuggles in anal cavities all over the world. Heck that wound could have been self-inflicted by Blair when hiding the contraband!
Old 10-02-2009, 02:34 PM   #28
TracyLynnS
Don't Look Up

I watched this segment again today.

As mentioned by mastermind, Blair Adams quit his job (and asked for his last paycheck) in preparation of going on the run.

If he was mentally ill, I wonder how his job performance was. I would think that his boss and coworkers would be able to say if Blair was a normal employee, or if he was odd or suffering delusions.

I think it was interesting that Blair actually had some gold bars on him. Who, at his age and back in the 90s, was investing in solid gold? I think itís kind of unusual, except maybe that he didnít have a family to support, so he had enough money to buy gold.

I don't remember how he got the german currency. I think it was mastermind who mentioned that Blair had traveled to germany before. Are they any details on this?

As mentioned earlier, the autopsy report shows a line pointing to the rectal area of the drawing of the body, with two words written in tight cursive that I could not decipher, either.

Meg mentioned that the motel where Blair was found was under construction at the time of his murder. Maybe there were no lights on in the area where he was killed. If he were killed in the dark my random attackers and not people actually following him, maybe the killers couldnít see that he was carrying such a large amount of valuables. Was his wallet missing?
TracyLynnS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 02:59 PM   #29
Mastermind

Quote:
I don't remember how he got the german currency. I think it was mastermind who mentioned that Blair had traveled to germany before. Are they any details on this?
I believe that Blair lived in Germany for a significant amount of time. Actually Blair was constantly travelling across Europe if I seem to remember.

Quote:
Meg mentioned that the motel where Blair was found was under construction at the time of his murder. Maybe there were no lights on in the area where he was killed. If he were killed in the dark my random attackers and not people actually following him, maybe the killers couldnít see that he was carrying such a large amount of valuables. Was his wallet missing?
I'm gonna take a guess that his wallet was found, due to the fact that they identified the body. I assume it was done via a driver's license.

The problem with your theory is that the crooks took the money out and were aware that he had some cash since they arranged it on the ground.

Couple of things about this case:
1. it involves three separate countries (Canada, US, Germany). I also don;t think the FBI ever involved. That means that the Knoxville, TN police had to investigate this case themselves under their own budget. I wonder if they even had a chance to visit or interview people in Vancouver, due to budget restrictions? That would explain a lot about why this case has not been solved.

2. Anal sex is not necessarily a homosexual act. Several heterosexual males perform in anal sex. In fact, many men go to female prostitutes for that very service that they may not get from their wives or girlfriends. So the wound on Blair;'s anal area does not necessarily mean that he had homosexual inclinations. From what was hinted in the segment, Blair seemed to be more heterosexual than anything.

3. The main reason Blair couldn't go to Amercia originally was because according to customs, he fit the profile of a money launderer. For a guy that worked in construction. Blair travelled internationaly quite frequently.

4. Blair brought his bag of valuables with him when he went outside to the parking area. This leads to the idea that Blair was planning to go somewhere at the time. Or he didn't trust leaving the valuables in the motel. Where he could be going at that time or why he was standing in a parking area is a mystery. Where was he gong to? Who was he waiting for?
Old 08-03-2011, 03:18 PM   #30
ontarioboi
Frequent Poster

here is my take on the blair adams case......has someone said, knoxville is filled with shady people, atleast the area where they found his body.....A security guard said they heard a scream of a woman. Now i do not believe he was chased down by a spy agency or anything, he ran into bad luck......

could it not be that he only imagined those things and somehow met a prostitute in that area. That explains why his pants were down and some sort of anal penetration? This could all be done in the car. Then all of a sudden, her pimp pops out, the lady screams....Blair frantically gets out and bam gets clubbed in the stomach, they eventually search his pockets and leave.....

maybe he was sweet talked by a prostitute and the idea of a quick sexual liason had blair interested?
ontarioboi is offline   Reply With Quote