Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Unsolved Mysteries Online Main Page / Message Board / Show History / Episode Guide (1987-2002) / Expanded Episode Guide #2 / Expanded Episode Guide #3 / Case Updates / Wiki / Official Site / Lifetime Site / Lifetime Schedule / Related Links / True Crime Shows Message Board / All Other Cases Message Board / Buy The Best of Unsolved Mysteries DVD / Buy Unsolved Mysteries - The Ultimate Collection DVD

Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season on Amazon Instant Video
/
Season 2
/ Season 3 / Season 4 /
Season 5
/ Season 6 / Season 7 /
Season 8
/ Season 9 / Season 10 /
Season 11
/ Season 12 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina Episodes

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina - The Complete First Season Episodes on Amazon Instant Video
/ Season 2 / Season 3 / Season 4 / Season 5 / Season 6 / Season 7 / Season 8 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends DVD Set

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Unsolved Mysteries

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Fox Fall 2019 Premiere Dates; FX Sets Dates for Fall 2019 Schedule
Barney Miller Summer Fridays on Antenna TV; Tyler Perry Studios Takes Over BET with New Series
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of June 24, 2019)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Mark-Paul Gosselaar Cast in black-ish Spinoff; Urkel Makes a Return in Scooby Doo
Fri-Yay: The Amazing Superstore Season 4 Finale; Netflix Has Healing Powers
Extreme Makeover: Home Edition Returns with "Modern" Twist; Showtime Is Back to Life For New Comedy
truTV Gets 2nd Season of Tacoma FD; I'm Sorry Gets Season 3 on truTV

New on DVD/Blu-ray (April/May/June)

Evening Shade - The Complete Collection Perfect Strangers - The Complete Seventh and Eighth Seasons My Three Sons - The Third Season - Volume One The Brady Bunch - 50th Anniversary The Brady-est TV & Movie Collection Will & Grace (The Revival) - Season Two

04/02 - Archer: Danger Island - The Complete Season Nine
04/09 - You're the Worst - The Complete Fifth Season
04/12 - Evening Shade - The Complete Collection
04/16 - The Big C - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
05/07 - Baskets - The Complete Season Three
05/13 - I'm Dying Up Here - Season 2
05/13 - My Three Sons - The Third Season - Volume One
05/13 - My Three Sons - The Third Season - Volume Two
05/14 - The Donna Reed Show - Seasons 1-5
05/14 - Petticoat Junction - Seasons 1-3
05/28 - Perfect Strangers - The Complete Seventh and Eighth Seasons (WBShop.com)
05/28 - South Park - The Complete Twenty-Second Season (Blu-ray)
06/04 - The Brady Bunch - 50th Anniversary The Brady-est Brady Bunch TV & Movie Collection
06/18 - Will & Grace (The Revival) - Season Two (Blu-ray)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 08-24-2009, 10:41 PM   #106
peachysquirt21
Forum Regular

Quote:
This makes me think that Ayleen could have been conducting her normal routine (the phone off the hook was most likely that she did not want to be disturbed), and then had a psychological attack/turmoil of some kind, in which she lost it and fled.
Sorry but I don't believe that as a possible theory...
peachysquirt21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 09:40 AM   #107
mattc
Forum Regular

Why not? Seriously, I'm asking. It seems as plausible as some of the other theories. I mean, we are really guessing at pretty much everything with this case.
mattc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 10:47 AM   #108
Mastermind

Quote:
This makes me think that Ayleen could have been conducting her normal routine (the phone off the hook was most likely that she did not want to be disturbed), and then had a psychological attack/turmoil of some kind, in which she lost it and fled.
1. I'm not quite sure what you mean by "psychological attack/turmoil". That term could account for several things. Are you referring to neurological or pyschological?

2. Being attacked by robbers or a killer can induce psycological attacks as well.
Not all stimuli needs to be imaginary.

3. It seems too convenient that this attack casued her drive reasonably well for a few miles than she completely looses it in a part of town she never drove in.

4. Where;s the history of these attacks?
Mastermind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 01:21 PM   #109
UMfan77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mastermind
3. It seems too convenient that this attack casued her drive reasonably well for a few miles than she completely looses it in a part of town she never drove in.
You're right about that one Mastermind. She probably wouldn't of been able to make it out of her driveway without crashing into something (which the police would have found during their investigation).
UMfan77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 02:49 PM   #110
jojo_D
Occasional Poster

My own opinion is that she interrupted a robbery as she went about her routine that morning. She fled from the house and the robber(s) gave chase. Due to her extreme fear - and who wouldn't be scared? - she took a wrong turn and crashed, which knocked her out cold. The Robber(s) got out of their car and set hers on fire, hence the missing gas cap.
jojo_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 09:36 PM   #111
Mastermind

Quote:
My own opinion is that she interrupted a robbery as she went about her routine that morning. She fled from the house and the robber(s) gave chase. Due to her extreme fear - and who wouldn't be scared? - she took a wrong turn and crashed, which knocked her out cold. The Robber(s) got out of their car and set hers on fire, hence the missing gas cap.
Yes. That's the most likely theory.

Though, I tend to lean more toward, one of the robbers being in the car with her with one trailing her and she tried to crash or struggle and this led to the robbers burning the car and escaping.
Old 08-25-2009, 09:59 PM   #112
jojo_D
Occasional Poster

Quote:
Yes. That's the most likely theory.

Though, I tend to lean more toward, one of the robbers being in the car with her with one trailing her and she tried to crash or struggle and this led to the robbers burning the car and escaping.
Hmm. That makes more sense, actually.
jojo_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 01:54 PM   #113
MysteryStacks
Occasional Poster

i agree that the interrupted robbery is what likely happened here...the robbers dint want to get identified and murdered her....she was probably in the shower when she heard the door downstairs and she probably asked who was there (she probably thought it was her husband, family member) after no answer she then picked up the phone and tried to dial someone but they came in and took her by the time she was able to actually dial (assuming she kept calling who was there and eventually went downstairs to see who was there and came back to the make the call after seeing the robbery taking place) the reason why her purse might of been left behind could have been the fact that the robbers panicked??? and decided to take care of her..

The other disturbing thing was the iron was still on....who takes a bath (tub was full so im assuming she was about to or taking a bath) and leaves an iron running?

and i totally disagree with the suicide theory...why go thru so much trouble of driving 15 miles away from your house to crash your car and then set yourself on fire??? why not hang your self, slash your wrist deeply or buy a gun and shoot yourself? just doesn't make any sense...
MysteryStacks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 05:15 PM   #114
Mastermind

Quote:
she was probably in the shower when she heard the door downstairs and she probably asked who was there (she probably thought it was her husband, family member)
She definitely wasn't in the shower. She drew a bath. There was no evidence that suggests she entered it or removed her clothes. Also, she probably would have finished the other chores before entering the bath. But I do get your point about how she was disturbed in her daily activities and went to check on what was going on.

Quote:
The other disturbing thing was the iron was still on....who takes a bath (tub was full so im assuming she was about to or taking a bath) and leaves an iron running?
She was going to draw the bath and take it after the ironing was done.

Though you do bring up a point that I hadn't considered. Maybe Eileen didn't draw the bath. Maybe her killers did so for some purpose.

Quote:
and i totally disagree with the suicide theory...why go thru so much trouble of driving 15 miles away from your house to crash your car and then set yourself on fire??? why not hang your self, slash your wrist deeply or buy a gun and shoot yourself? just doesn't make any sense...
Who brought up the idea she committed suicide???
Old 01-05-2010, 12:58 PM   #115
Hambone2421

This is a very strange case. I think the msot likely scenario is that she put the hose in the pool to fill it up, went upstairs to turn off the bath water and then back downstairs to iron. I think during her ironing, she interrupted a burglary in progress and tried to flee from the scene. Whats odd to me is that the burglars would chase her. Why not just continue robbing the home and then jet out of there? I wonder if one of the burglars (assuming there is more than one, which there may only be one) was someone she knew and thus, followed her to shut her up before she did or said anything to anyone?
Hambone2421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 01:07 PM   #116
youngUMfan
Frequent Poster

I believe there is something in the family that viewers do not know. Because we aren't given so much background about the family in this segment.
youngUMfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 01:19 PM   #117
Mastermind

Quote:
Whats odd to me is that the burglars would chase her. Why not just continue robbing the home and then jet out of there?
1. I don;t think Ayleen had a chance to flee in the car. I think she was captured before she ever got that chance. She was either killed and put in the car or she was kidnapped at gunpoint in the car.

2. The burglars were probably were not wearing masks. They feared Ayleen could identify them. Heck they may have been locals that knew Ayleen and she knew them.
Old 01-07-2010, 04:19 PM   #118
Hambone2421

Quote:
2. The burglars were probably were not wearing masks. They feared Ayleen could identify them. Heck they may have been locals that knew Ayleen and she knew them.
Agreed and that's basically what I was alluding to. If she didn't indeed stumble upon her house being burglarized, my thought is that she may have recognized one of, if not both of, the burglars and fled. Now whether or not they were with her and killed her is up in the air.
Old 01-07-2010, 04:19 PM   #119
Hambone2421

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngUMfan
I believe there is something in the family that viewers do not know. Because we aren't given so much background about the family in this segment.
What exactly do you mean?
Old 01-26-2010, 01:50 PM   #120
Mastermind

Bumping this sucker up.