Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Unsolved Mysteries Online Main Page / Message Board / Show History / Episode Guide (1987-2002) / Expanded Episode Guide #2 / Expanded Episode Guide #3 / Case Updates / Wiki / Official Site / Lifetime Site / Lifetime Schedule / Related Links / True Crime Shows Message Board / All Other Cases Message Board / Buy The Best of Unsolved Mysteries DVD / Buy Unsolved Mysteries - The Ultimate Collection DVD

Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season on Amazon Instant Video
/
Season 2
/ Season 3 / Season 4 /
Season 5
/ Season 6 / Season 7 /
Season 8
/ Season 9 / Season 10 /
Season 11
/ Season 12 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina Episodes

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina - The Complete First Season Episodes on Amazon Instant Video
/ Season 2 / Season 3 / Season 4 / Season 5 / Season 6 / Season 7 / Season 8 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends DVD Set

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Unsolved Mysteries

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

NBC Fall 2019 Premiere Dates; The CW Fall 2019 Premiere Dates
Netflix Gets Funny with Pranks with Stranger Things Star; Gabrielle Union and Jessica Alba Series Gets 2nd Season
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of June 17, 2019)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Fall Premiere Dates for CBS; CBS and Viacom in Merger Talks Yet Again
Fri-Yay: Reaction to The Good Place Ending; Antenna TV Brings Back Webster, What's Happening!! and What's Happening Now!!
New Chip 'n' Dale Coming to Disney+ in 2020; Inside the Actors Studio Moves to Ovation and Starts with Sitcom-Themed Show
TBS Celebrates Seinfeld's 30th Anniversary; Netflix Renews Russian Doll for Season 2

New on DVD/Blu-ray (April/May/June)

Evening Shade - The Complete Collection Perfect Strangers - The Complete Seventh and Eighth Seasons My Three Sons - The Third Season - Volume One The Brady Bunch - 50th Anniversary The Brady-est TV & Movie Collection Will & Grace (The Revival) - Season Two

04/02 - Archer: Danger Island - The Complete Season Nine
04/09 - You're the Worst - The Complete Fifth Season
04/12 - Evening Shade - The Complete Collection
04/16 - The Big C - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
05/07 - Baskets - The Complete Season Three
05/13 - I'm Dying Up Here - Season 2
05/13 - My Three Sons - The Third Season - Volume One
05/13 - My Three Sons - The Third Season - Volume Two
05/14 - The Donna Reed Show - Seasons 1-5
05/14 - Petticoat Junction - Seasons 1-3
05/28 - Perfect Strangers - The Complete Seventh and Eighth Seasons (WBShop.com)
05/28 - South Park - The Complete Twenty-Second Season (Blu-ray)
06/04 - The Brady Bunch - 50th Anniversary The Brady-est Brady Bunch TV & Movie Collection
06/18 - Will & Grace (The Revival) - Season Two (Blu-ray)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 12-08-2008, 04:38 PM   #106
dawnfla6aa2
Frequent Poster

Wow, I remember this case. My heart goes out to this family.

It's an eerie feeling to remember this case and to be reminded that Jeremy would be my age now.

How could Terry's father have died without letting someone know what he knew about Jeremy's disappearance? You would thing any decent human being would want the family to have closure. Oh, but maybe that's were Terry got it from!
dawnfla6aa2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 04:41 AM   #107
Cori aka ChrisSCrush

Did Jeremy have metal jewelry or dental work, and have metal detectors been tried? http://www.mercurynews.com/breakingnews/ci_11325200
Cori aka ChrisSCrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 05:07 PM   #108
DianeB
Occasional Poster

Jeremy's watch wasn't left behind so I have to assume that he had it on and he also had a small amount of dental work done. He had pretty good teeth - the Sheriff's Dept has (or did have) his last dental records from the spring before he was gone.

Very interesting article.......
Old 01-04-2009, 06:38 AM   #109
Cori aka ChrisSCrush

Thanks for answering and know that I thought of you immediately on seeing this article and think of Jeremy's case often.
Cori aka ChrisSCrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 10:08 PM   #110
TracyLynnS
Don't Look Up

S'te and Dianne, I'm so sorry for your recent losses and, of course, for the loss of Jeremy.

How good of you both to visit here and share your hearts with us.

I hope that this will be the year that you will finally have peace, and that Jeremy will finally have the proper rest he deserves.

Hugs and prayers for you and your families,
-Tracy
TracyLynnS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 11:33 PM   #111
dawnfla6aa2
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by TracyLynnS
S'te and Dianne, I'm so sorry for your recent losses and, of course, for the loss of Jeremy.

How good of you both to visit here and share your hearts with us.

I hope that this will be the year that you will finally have peace, and that Jeremy will finally have the proper rest he deserves.

Hugs and prayers for you and your families,
-Tracy

I'm with Tracy and the rest of the crew. Thank you for allowing us into you life and answering the questions you can and keeping us informed.

With much admiration,
Dawn
dawnfla6aa2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 02:26 PM   #112
GailW
First Time Poster

I am new to this board. I know Diane B personally. Rest assured, this is something that weighs very heavy on her heart and has since her son went missing. This woman is one of the most upstanding citizens I have ever met and deserves to know where her son is. Waiting and wondering takes its toll on the nerves. If anyone can help, please do. Diane, have you considered contacting the person in the Steinhoff family that posted on here? Franki? I believe Ste-E wrote that she tried, but did not get any reply. Keep me posted.
GailW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 03:11 PM   #113
mysterymomma
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allierain
You know, I've often wondered why a 14 year-old boy was out unsupervised like Jeremy was. Maybe I am being silly, and perhaps it was perfectly natural for a boy of his age to be off doing things on his own for days at a time. But it just doesn't make sense to me. Perhaps it's because I wasn't allowed to be off by myself like that when I was that age.

Is there anyone else here who was?
I think that when you are talking about 1986 in a rural community, this would be fairly normal for a 14 year old to be able to go to a community thing like a fair or to hang out with friends, yes.
mysterymomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 03:34 PM   #114
mysterymomma
Frequent Poster

When I go to You tube, it shows me the thumbnail but when I click it, it is no longer available! I find the case heartbreaking, and I hope there will be resolution someday. Just for point of reference, someone has recently confessed to an early 80's murder in my town. He had spent the last 20-something years drunk, homeless, etc. Sounds familiar to the friend, Johnny.
mysterymomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 06:05 AM   #115
mikele
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by mysterymomma
When I go to You tube, it shows me the thumbnail but when I click it, it is no longer available!
"This video is no longer available due to a copyright claim by Cosgrove Meurer Productions." It's obvious that makers of the show made YT pull a plug on Jeremy Bright's episode among the others.

Last time the Unsolved Mysteries' staff member wrote: "the most important part of the show are the victims and families of those affected by crimes and tragedies. Hopefully (...), we can continue to solve these crimes and bring closure to those in need",but it must have been sort of public relations gimmick. Sickening lowlives!

Last edited by mikele; 02-09-2009 at 12:27 PM.
mikele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 03:34 AM   #116
Ste-E
Occasional Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by GailW
I am new to this board. I know Diane B personally. Rest assured, this is something that weighs very heavy on her heart and has since her son went missing. This woman is one of the most upstanding citizens I have ever met and deserves to know where her son is. Waiting and wondering takes its toll on the nerves. If anyone can help, please do. Diane, have you considered contacting the person in the Steinhoff family that posted on here? Franki? I believe Ste-E wrote that she tried, but did not get any reply. Keep me posted.
I did email that person and have not gotten a response.

I DO honestly believe that Jeremy's friend Johnny was present when things happened but I do NOT believe that he is the one responsible. I think that whatever happened was so traumatic that it has consumed him and turned him into the person that he has become. I think that at a certain level he has blocked things out but it still affects him. I believe that there is one person responsible and I also believe that there are others out there who know what happened and aren't talking. If someone would just come forward with that information we could find Jeremy and lay him to rest properly and bring some much needed closure to his family and the community that loved him/.
Ste-E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 05:33 PM   #117
CoosBayMojo
First Time Poster

i have browsed this topic for over a year now and decided that i would post here see if there is any way at all that i can help Jeremy's family have closure after all these years. i moved to myrtle point oregon about the same time this happened. my older brother later became friends with johnny, so i knew him and his family. we all went to school together and johnny spent many weekends at my family's farm. i eventually moved to Coos Bay (a few towns away) and years down the road became a preschool teacher in coos county. Johnny's sister Cecelia (shorty) was also a preschool teacher in coos bay, so we once again crossed paths. We fell in love and married. Cecelia talks about jeremy often and if there are any questions that his family might have, just let me know and i will help in finding answers.
CoosBayMojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 08:25 PM   #118
MissFit29
Forum Regular

bumping this thread...

Hopefully the discussion here will bring this case to the forefront again. It needs to be solved.
MissFit29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 12:01 AM   #119
Cecelia Campo
Occasional Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ste-E

I DO honestly believe that Jeremy's friend Johnny was present when things happened but I do NOT believe that he is the one responsible. I think that whatever happened was so traumatic that it has consumed him and turned him into the person that he has become. I think that at a certain level he has blocked things out but it still affects him. I believe that there is one person responsible and I also believe that there are others out there who know what happened and aren't talking. If someone would just come forward with that information we could find Jeremy and lay him to rest properly and bring some much needed closure to his family and the community that loved him/.
Cecelia Campo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 12:13 AM   #120
Cecelia Campo
Occasional Poster

Default Cecelia Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ste-E

I think your right. I also agree that Jonny was there and witnessed what ever happened to Jeremy. He was never the same after that night. I believe that Jonny was threatend with his family being next if he ever told. I tried many times to get Jonny to remember but he couldnt. He has been a mental case every since that night. I think something happened to him also but he has suppresed it so deep in his mind he cant tell what happened to them that night. I wish someone would tell what happened. It was David Steinhof that I ran into that night and he was covered in blood. I dont think he ws in a fight there was to much blood for that. It would be nice to talk to you through email and I can share with you what I remember. I will be watching this sight to hear from you. thanks Cecelia Campo aka Cecelia Fish
Cecelia Campo is offline   Reply With Quote