Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Unsolved Mysteries Online Main Page / Message Board / Show History / Episode Guide (1987-2002) / Expanded Episode Guide #2 / Expanded Episode Guide #3 / Case Updates / Wiki / Official Site / Lifetime Site / Lifetime Schedule / Related Links / True Crime Shows Message Board / All Other Cases Message Board / Buy The Best of Unsolved Mysteries DVD / Buy Unsolved Mysteries - The Ultimate Collection DVD

Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season on Amazon Instant Video
/
Season 2
/ Season 3 / Season 4 /
Season 5
/ Season 6 / Season 7 /
Season 8
/ Season 9 / Season 10 /
Season 11
/ Season 12 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina Episodes

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina - The Complete First Season Episodes on Amazon Instant Video
/ Season 2 / Season 3 / Season 4 / Season 5 / Season 6 / Season 7 / Season 8 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends DVD Set

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Unsolved Mysteries

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Netflix Gets Funny with Pranks with Stranger Things Star; Gabrielle Union and Jessica Alba Series Gets 2nd Season
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of June 17, 2019)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Fall Premiere Dates for CBS; CBS and Viacom in Merger Talks Yet Again
Fri-Yay: Reaction to The Good Place Ending; Antenna TV Brings Back Webster, What's Happening!! and What's Happening Now!!
New Chip 'n' Dale Coming to Disney+ in 2020; Inside the Actors Studio Moves to Ovation and Starts with Sitcom-Themed Show
TBS Celebrates Seinfeld's 30th Anniversary; Netflix Renews Russian Doll for Season 2
Netflix Series Adds Rising Star to New Series; Corporate Gets 3rd and Final Season

New on DVD/Blu-ray (April/May/June)

Evening Shade - The Complete Collection Perfect Strangers - The Complete Seventh and Eighth Seasons My Three Sons - The Third Season - Volume One The Brady Bunch - 50th Anniversary The Brady-est TV & Movie Collection Will & Grace (The Revival) - Season Two

04/02 - Archer: Danger Island - The Complete Season Nine
04/09 - You're the Worst - The Complete Fifth Season
04/12 - Evening Shade - The Complete Collection
04/16 - The Big C - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
05/07 - Baskets - The Complete Season Three
05/13 - I'm Dying Up Here - Season 2
05/13 - My Three Sons - The Third Season - Volume One
05/13 - My Three Sons - The Third Season - Volume Two
05/14 - The Donna Reed Show - Seasons 1-5
05/14 - Petticoat Junction - Seasons 1-3
05/28 - Perfect Strangers - The Complete Seventh and Eighth Seasons (WBShop.com)
05/28 - South Park - The Complete Twenty-Second Season (Blu-ray)
06/04 - The Brady Bunch - 50th Anniversary The Brady-est Brady Bunch TV & Movie Collection
06/18 - Will & Grace (The Revival) - Season Two (Blu-ray)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 06-05-2013, 09:33 AM   #31
TheCars1986
Proud Daddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spark Of Spirit
The only thing that seems suspicious is the whole couch event. If that never happened I don't think anyone would suspect Don.

I don't really get the impression that he did it.
Don did say that Linda got home late (around 3 in the morning and that they argued for over an hour). I could see how after an argument she would have slept on the couch. Since she got home late, I could also see why she would have still been sleeping when her daughter went to school.
TheCars1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 10:56 AM   #32
Apostapler
Forum Regular

I have my suspicions about the guy, but honestly, I'd be lying if I said that my impression of him wasn't tainted by the casual manner in which he conducted himself during the UM interview. It was so unfeeling.
Apostapler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 01:31 PM   #33
TheCars1986
Proud Daddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apostapler
I have my suspicions about the guy, but honestly, I'd be lying if I said that my impression of him wasn't tainted by the casual manner in which he conducted himself during the UM interview. It was so unfeeling.
I guess you could argue that he had an icy demeanor because he thought Linda ran off with another man and abandoned him and his daughter, and that he thought that her lover or someone else was responsible for her death while everyone else in the town thought he was the one who did it.
Old 06-06-2013, 10:41 AM   #34
soilentgreen
Forum Regular

This was a good Riverfront Times article about Linda's case that came out years ago: http://www.riverfronttimes.com/1999-...y-of-evidence/

While there were several separations and reconciliations, Linda had always taken her daughter with her when she had left Don on previous occasions. She was already mailing her paychecks to her sister's home; there wasn't any credible reason for her to be hiding in a van from Don.

The coworker that Don believed that Linda was seeing had an alibi and was ruled out as a suspect. The RT article notes that one of Don's ex girlfriends stated that Don had confessed to the murder, but at the time the investigator wouldn't discuss that information.

We all have different takes on it, and it seems bizarre that someone would deliberately plant a skull at a restaurant that they were known to patronize, but it's also just as unlikely that a unknown perpetrator would have enough knowledge about Don's comings and goings 5 years later so as to place the skull there, and to then send a flier from the same place to police about the skull being Linda's.
soilentgreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 12:02 PM   #35
TheCars1986
Proud Daddy

Thanks for posting that link! Some questions I have about it though, the article has Linda's daughter saying she has a "dream" about going to school and seeing her mom asleep on the couch and her not waking up to kiss her goodbye. Is this a real memory of hers, or simply a dream? And Don Sherman does seem pretty cold in the interview, especially the way he told his daughter when they found Linda's remains. But at the end of the article, I thought it was interesting that Don still had he and Linda's wedding album easily accessible and brought it out for the reporters and was showing them pictures and reminiscing about the wedding. I know it's not an indicator of guilt or innocence, but I would think if Don wanted her dead and killed her, the last thing he would have kept around would have been their wedding album.
Old 06-14-2013, 03:15 PM   #36
9DeuceCad
Frequent Poster

I'd bet a nickel the rest of her is in Leonard Rizzo's back yard...
9DeuceCad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2019, 06:10 PM   #37
Cooker3
Frequent Poster

I default assume the spouse always does it, unless there is a good reason to assume otherwise, as that overwhelmingly is the case for most murders.
This seems a classic UM case: wife mysteriously disappears, history of domestic violence, totally out of character for them to disappear. It's very hard to look past him doing it.
Ultimately this is the OJ question. If the husband didn't do it then who the hell did?
Cooker3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2019, 07:34 AM   #38
TheCars1986
Proud Daddy

Whoever put Linda's skull at the restaurant had to go find her remains (wherever they were being kept) and deliberately dig up only the skull to then plant it at the restaurant where Don frequented. I just get the vibe that this was done as more of a threat (or to frame) Don, rather than Don planting it solely so he could prove that Linda was dead to get remarried.
Old 01-16-2019, 05:20 PM   #39
Guardian
Forum Regular

I wonder if Don could have killed her and then called in a favor from someone to help him dispose of the body. A close friend at the time perhaps that he paid or promised to pay at some point for helping. Years later a falling out could have occurred at which point the friend decided “okay, fine. I’m turning your ass in”. What can Don do at that point except just deny it? If he killed her himself, he would have no leverage on someone that helped dispose of the body.

This person would then know where to find the skull and likely where Don hangs out regularly. After some time has passed, the police haven’t made the connection, so the friend tips off the police as to it being Linda’s skull.
Old 01-16-2019, 09:19 PM   #40
Jon
Forum Regular

I'm curious if there is still an active investigation. Was Don Sherman (who is now dead) the only person considered a suspect?
Jon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2019, 07:52 AM   #41
TheCars1986
Proud Daddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon View Post
I'm curious if there is still an active investigation. Was Don Sherman (who is now dead) the only person considered a suspect?
He died?
Old 01-17-2019, 10:11 AM   #42
Jon
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCars1986 View Post
He died?
Yes, in 2015

https://www.styningerfuneralhomes.co...Donald-Sherman
Jon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2019, 12:57 PM   #43
LooksLikeCRicci
Likes to live in a clean house

Send a message via AIM to LooksLikeCRicci Send a message via Yahoo to LooksLikeCRicci

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon View Post
Fair question. I always assumed that Don was the killer. I find the theory that he had help disposing her body and that the skull was left as a threat to Don just fascinating. Never thought of that angle.
LooksLikeCRicci is offline   Reply With Quote