Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Unsolved Mysteries Online Main Page / Message Board / Show History / Episode Guide (1987-2002) / Expanded Episode Guide #2 / Expanded Episode Guide #3 / Case Updates / Wiki / Official Site / Lifetime Site / Lifetime Schedule / Related Links / True Crime Shows Message Board / All Other Cases Message Board / Buy The Best of Unsolved Mysteries DVD / Buy Unsolved Mysteries - The Ultimate Collection DVD

Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season on Amazon Instant Video
/
Season 2
/ Season 3 / Season 4 /
Season 5
/ Season 6 / Season 7 /
Season 8
/ Season 9 / Season 10 /
Season 11
/ Season 12 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina Episodes

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina - The Complete First Season Episodes on Amazon Instant Video
/ Season 2 / Season 3 / Season 4 / Season 5 / Season 6 / Season 7 / Season 8 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends DVD Set

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Unsolved Mysteries

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

truTV Gets 2nd Season of Tacoma FD; I'm Sorry Gets Season 3 on truTV
NBC Fall 2019 Premiere Dates; The CW Fall 2019 Premiere Dates
Netflix Gets Funny with Pranks with Stranger Things Star; Gabrielle Union and Jessica Alba Series Gets 2nd Season
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of June 17, 2019)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Fall Premiere Dates for CBS; CBS and Viacom in Merger Talks Yet Again
Fri-Yay: Reaction to The Good Place Ending; Antenna TV Brings Back Webster, What's Happening!! and What's Happening Now!!
New Chip 'n' Dale Coming to Disney+ in 2020; Inside the Actors Studio Moves to Ovation and Starts with Sitcom-Themed Show

New on DVD/Blu-ray (April/May/June)

Evening Shade - The Complete Collection Perfect Strangers - The Complete Seventh and Eighth Seasons My Three Sons - The Third Season - Volume One The Brady Bunch - 50th Anniversary The Brady-est TV & Movie Collection Will & Grace (The Revival) - Season Two

04/02 - Archer: Danger Island - The Complete Season Nine
04/09 - You're the Worst - The Complete Fifth Season
04/12 - Evening Shade - The Complete Collection
04/16 - The Big C - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
05/07 - Baskets - The Complete Season Three
05/13 - I'm Dying Up Here - Season 2
05/13 - My Three Sons - The Third Season - Volume One
05/13 - My Three Sons - The Third Season - Volume Two
05/14 - The Donna Reed Show - Seasons 1-5
05/14 - Petticoat Junction - Seasons 1-3
05/28 - Perfect Strangers - The Complete Seventh and Eighth Seasons (WBShop.com)
05/28 - South Park - The Complete Twenty-Second Season (Blu-ray)
06/04 - The Brady Bunch - 50th Anniversary The Brady-est Brady Bunch TV & Movie Collection
06/18 - Will & Grace (The Revival) - Season Two (Blu-ray)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 03-06-2007, 02:25 AM   #16
greatgarrett2
Forum Regular

Wasn't the Rizzo's marraige kind of stormy as well?

"If we don't know something, then our model of reality is inadequate"

Start making money today:

http://tasks4job.com/?refer=55797

http://www.amazon.com/Garrett-Campbe...8662355&sr=8-5

Plus, follow me on twitter:
https://twitter.com/greatgarrett2
greatgarrett2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 02:26 AM   #17
greatgarrett2
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by clj124
I really felt he loved Linda way to much and was way to jealous. The way he might have reacted if he hid the body was to protect himself and the skull just happen to appear when he wanted to get remarried. My guess is that is what happened because the daughter was awake during part of the spat and if he murdered her she would have heard a lot of screaming and things out of place, which leads me to belive he threw a punch or hit her and she fell and broke her neck or hit her head.

The guy is a sick loser but does not seem as sick and twisted as Rizzo's husband. I mean that guy hid his wives bones in the BBQ for cooking to get flavor from.
Wasn't the Rizzo's marraige kind of stormy as well?
greatgarrett2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 09:35 PM   #18
CuriousMind90
Frequent Poster

Bump. I think we know who did this.
CuriousMind90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 12:52 AM   #19
Clockworkhigh
Forum Regular

I watched the segment again today. I know Don Sherman is the popular culprit and maybe he is truly the guilty one but we are taking the word of his daughter - who seemed to be no more than 7-8 years old at the time - that she saw her mother "sleeping". Is this unusual? I don't think so, here's why. She came home at 3am that night. She supposedly got off work at 2am. She fought with Don until 4am (according to Don). Is it that unusual to be dead tired and asleep at 7am or whenever she went to school? I didn't find that strange at all. This is also the possibly distorted memory she has of her mom from a 7 year old.

Secondly, Don claims the skull was found at a popular hangout of his. A place he frequented 2-3 times a week. If that is the case, there would be ample amount of people who would be familiar with this. Don would be a pretty stupid man to plant the skull there. There is the chance of fingerprints and either way the finger is pointed directly at him. Why would he want to make himself a suspect?

I don't believe Don wrote that note either. Why implicate yourself? Hey maybe someone (an accomplice) knew what happened but I do not believe it is Don who wrote it. Yes he was super cool in the interview. Cool like a cucumber. From what I recall people can still remarry if their spouse is missing. What about all the supposed war widows? Or people who remarried when their spouse was supposedly lost at sea for a number of years? Also didn't Paul Pollis remarry despite Charlotte still being missing to this day? I believe the marriage can be anulled if the person is missing for long enough. So I'm not sure about the whole idea that Don planted it there for the world to know she was dead so he could remarry.
Clockworkhigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 10:52 AM   #20
egswanso
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clockworkhigh
I watched the segment again today. I know Don Sherman is the popular culprit and maybe he is truly the guilty one but we are taking the word of his daughter - who seemed to be no more than 7-8 years old at the time - that she saw her mother "sleeping". Is this unusual? I don't think so, here's why. She came home at 3am that night. She supposedly got off work at 2am. She fought with Don until 4am (according to Don). Is it that unusual to be dead tired and asleep at 7am or whenever she went to school? I didn't find that strange at all. This is also the possibly distorted memory she has of her mom from a 7 year old.

Secondly, Don claims the skull was found at a popular hangout of his. A place he frequented 2-3 times a week. If that is the case, there would be ample amount of people who would be familiar with this. Don would be a pretty stupid man to plant the skull there. There is the chance of fingerprints and either way the finger is pointed directly at him. Why would he want to make himself a suspect?

I don't believe Don wrote that note either. Why implicate yourself? Hey maybe someone (an accomplice) knew what happened but I do not believe it is Don who wrote it. Yes he was super cool in the interview. Cool like a cucumber. From what I recall people can still remarry if their spouse is missing. What about all the supposed war widows? Or people who remarried when their spouse was supposedly lost at sea for a number of years? Also didn't Paul Pollis remarry despite Charlotte still being missing to this day? I believe the marriage can be anulled if the person is missing for long enough. So I'm not sure about the whole idea that Don planted it there for the world to know she was dead so he could remarry.
I concur. I'm not saying that Don's innocent, since he may well be guilty, but I don't think it's as cut-and-dry as some seem to think:

1. According to the segment, Linda was having an affair. Was this person ever identified and investigated? Moreover, it gives some credence to the idea that she could have run off with this person.

2. Her daughter didn't remember anything unusual about her mother sleeping - if she was dead, I think even a child would remember Mommy looking funny, or Mommy's chest not moving, or blood, or something... dead people don't look like they are "sleeping." If Don did kill her, why would he leave the body there for the child to see; at the very least, you'd think he would have covered her face.

3. I agree that Don would be pretty stupid to both leave the skull in front of a bar he frequented and send the letter - the argument that he did it for he could remarry is absurd - if he wanted to remarry (and did he, that's not stated), he could have had Linda declared dead and/or simply obtained a divorce. It's inconceivable that a killer, having essentially gotten away with murder, would willingly give LE more evidence to try to make a case.

Certainly, there's circumstantial evidence that the marriage was rocky and Don was controlling, but the lack of physical evidence at the Sherman residence (where, if he killed her, it certainly occurred) is troubling (caveat - I'm assuming a lack of physical evidence based on the segment not mentioning any and a presumption that LE searched the house); the existence of her lover; and the shear stupidity of giving the police the body when you already got away with it gives me pause in the rush to convict that many seem to have.
egswanso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 06:25 AM   #21
lindamichelle1
Frequent Poster

wow this is weird, the whole time watching it i had a feeling he did it. i mean the way she was lying on the couch, she was dead. and he wanted the kid to be witness saying she was "asleep" then he got rid of her body and car that day...did they check his alibi? where he went that day.

But on the other hand he must be pretty stupid to plant the skull where he hangs out, i mean thats just making it SO obvious. thats the only thing making me think its not him, why not plant the scull somewhere else public where he knew someone would find it.
then why risk writing that note and possibly getting himself arrested when he got away with it.

But also going along with that, WHY would some random killer either who she was having a affiar with or someone else if they DID kill her, why put her skull there?! if it was a random u would think they would kill her get rid of the body and be on there way.

Also another troubling thing is, supposedly she was having a affiar, but from the way they made it out on UM the husband didnt really give her any time to herself, where would she have fit the affair in lol. whenever she wasnt home straight away he was ringing her to find out where she was.

very strange!! i duno, id say the husband did it, probably hit her and she fell and hit her head or he strangled her to death.
lindamichelle1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 10:40 AM   #22
TheCars1986
Proud Daddy

As egswano pointed out, Linda was suspected of having an affair. So Don's account of seeing her in a van days after her disappearance may have been valid. As to her daughter finding it odd that she was sleeping, didn't Don say she got off work late and stayed up until three arguing with him? Maybe she was simply exhausted that morning from getting home so late, she really was sleeping on the couch when her daughter saw her. And if Don truly were involved in Linda's death why on Earth would he be stupid enough to put her skull outside of a bar he frequented weekly? That seems to indicate someone was either trying to send a message to Don, or to frame him somehow.
TheCars1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 11:17 AM   #23
asmitty
Forum Regular

Why put the skull outside of a bar/restaurant he frequented? Because then he'll here about it from the bartender or other patrons the next time he's in and he has someone to verify that he was surprised to hear that a skull was found there. Another reason to put it there because of the question asked several times above, "Why would a guilty person put the skull somewhere they frequent?" The LEOs must have been asking themselves the same question. Although putting it at a regular hang out does make him look guilty, it also throws some suspicion off him because why would Don put it there if he was guilty.

Egswanso, you expect a 7-8 year old child to notice that her mother's chest wasn't moving? I get what you're saying and I agree that dead people don't necessarily look like they're sleeping, but at 18, I'm not sure if I would have noticed that my mother wasn't breathing if I left the house while I thought she was napping on the couch. I agree that there could have been other signs like blood or something of the sort that she could have noticed, just not the chest moving.

I'm not saying Don's guilty. I think there is every possibility that he is not. I think the note is fishy and that it would have been stupid of Don to write it. He also seemed somewhat mystified by the events that happened although that could have been an act. The one thing that mystifies me, is that if Don put the skull there (whether to prove Linda dead so he could remarry or another reason), why wait another whole year before sending the letter to the police. That just doesn't add up to me. It would seem that he would have moved quicker than that to send the letter if he was the one who placed the skull.
asmitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 01:23 AM   #24
WishfulDreamer

This case still isn't solved...and it really troubles me. I am definitely still on the fence about this one. I think Don's attitude was horrid in his interview though. Sing-song voice and all instead of any sadness or emotion.
WishfulDreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 02:53 AM   #25
rhzunam
Frequent Poster

I donīt know why people are surprised at him putting the skull where he hanged out. Itīs the perfect way for him to throw the scent off himself and to try to act as if somebody is trying to frame him. If he wants people to know she was dead and heīs the only suspect, the way to make it seem as if heīs not at fault is to do something like that. Any other way they find the skull and it all goes to him being the suspect but now he can go an act as if the supposed lover or somebody is framing him, which is what he tried to sell. And of course it seems that he won since she was declared dead and heīs still free.
rhzunam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 10:53 AM   #26
TheCars1986
Proud Daddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhzunam
I donīt know why people are surprised at him putting the skull where he hanged out. Itīs the perfect way for him to throw the scent off himself and to try to act as if somebody is trying to frame him. If he wants people to know she was dead and heīs the only suspect, the way to make it seem as if heīs not at fault is to do something like that. Any other way they find the skull and it all goes to him being the suspect but now he can go an act as if the supposed lover or somebody is framing him, which is what he tried to sell. And of course it seems that he won since she was declared dead and heīs still free.
But this is still an incredibly stupid thing to do, if he in fact did plant the skull. He could just as easily hid/buried the skull and still kept up the facade that Linda was still alive, living it up with her lover somewhere. Planting the skull brings more heat on him since it could be confirmed 100% that she was dead.
Old 09-24-2012, 12:57 PM   #27
asmitty
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCars1986
But this is still an incredibly stupid thing to do, if he in fact did plant the skull. He could just as easily hid/buried the skull and still kept up the facade that Linda was still alive, living it up with her lover somewhere. Planting the skull brings more heat on him since it could be confirmed 100% that she was dead.
One thing has always troubled me about this case, and maybe some of you more closely tuned to it can answer this. If Linda was, in fact, having an affair, why didn't her lover ever come forward and report her missing? For all I know, maybe he did. I haven't followed the case incredibly closely, but if it was a serious affair and not just someone she slept with to kill time and relieve boredom, where was this guy when she went missing? Why didn't he raise a stink and look for her? Maybe because he was married, or it wasn't serious, but in my experience, women in marriages like Linda Sherman's have affairs with men they're looking to be with when they finally get the courage to leave their husband. It just seems odd that he didn't come out of the woodwork when she went missing.
asmitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 01:45 PM   #28
rhzunam
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCars1986
It wasnīt that stupid if he in the end is free. And it totally changed the picture which is a perfect way to do that. Before you had the guy being the last guy seen with her, her daughter seeing her "sleeping" as the last view of her, her leaving for work but no witnesses to her doing that and she not arriving to work and only 1 sighting after that and a dubious one by the suspect himself. He looked almost unquestionable guilty. Now this happens and suddenly there is some doubt from a supposed lover that is trying to set him up. It was actually a good move from his part in the end.
rhzunam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 03:17 PM   #29
TheCars1986
Proud Daddy

Just saw this case recently and I still don't think Don Sherman is as guilty as others do. It's hard to describe, but I just didn't get the whole "Mark Nichols vibe" during Don's interview. It was confirmed that she was having an affair in the segment and that she had taken off other times before. I think it's just as likely that her lover got mad and killed her if she told him she was going to go back to be with Don and her daughter.
Old 06-04-2013, 05:59 PM   #30
Spark Of Spirit
Forum Regular

The only thing that seems suspicious is the whole couch event. If that never happened I don't think anyone would suspect Don.

I don't really get the impression that he did it.
“A thing may be too sad to be believed or too wicked to be believed or too good to be believed; but it cannot be too absurd to be believed in this planet of frogs and elephants, of crocodiles and cuttle-fish.”
― G.K. Chesterton
Spark Of Spirit is offline   Reply With Quote