Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Unsolved Mysteries Online Main Page / Message Board / Show History / Episode Guide (1987-2002) / Expanded Episode Guide #2 / Expanded Episode Guide #3 / Case Updates / Wiki / Official Site / Lifetime Site / Lifetime Schedule / Related Links / True Crime Shows Message Board / All Other Cases Message Board / Buy The Best of Unsolved Mysteries DVD / Buy Unsolved Mysteries - The Ultimate Collection DVD

Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season on Amazon Instant Video
/
Season 2
/ Season 3 / Season 4 /
Season 5
/ Season 6 / Season 7 /
Season 8
/ Season 9 / Season 10 /
Season 11
/ Season 12 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina Episodes

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina - The Complete First Season Episodes on Amazon Instant Video
/ Season 2 / Season 3 / Season 4 / Season 5 / Season 6 / Season 7 / Season 8 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends DVD Set

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Unsolved Mysteries

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Comedy Central Gets Friday Talk Show; The Goldbergs Actress Releases Music Video
Fox Fall 2019 Premiere Dates; FX Sets Dates for Fall 2019 Schedule
Barney Miller Summer Fridays on Antenna TV; Tyler Perry Studios Takes Over BET with New Series
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of June 24, 2019)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Mark-Paul Gosselaar Cast in black-ish Spinoff; Urkel Makes a Return in Scooby Doo
Fri-Yay: The Amazing Superstore Season 4 Finale; Netflix Has Healing Powers
Extreme Makeover: Home Edition Returns with "Modern" Twist; Showtime Is Back to Life For New Comedy

New on DVD/Blu-ray (April/May/June)

Evening Shade - The Complete Collection Perfect Strangers - The Complete Seventh and Eighth Seasons My Three Sons - The Third Season - Volume One The Brady Bunch - 50th Anniversary The Brady-est TV & Movie Collection Will & Grace (The Revival) - Season Two

04/02 - Archer: Danger Island - The Complete Season Nine
04/09 - You're the Worst - The Complete Fifth Season
04/12 - Evening Shade - The Complete Collection
04/16 - The Big C - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
05/07 - Baskets - The Complete Season Three
05/13 - I'm Dying Up Here - Season 2
05/13 - My Three Sons - The Third Season - Volume One
05/13 - My Three Sons - The Third Season - Volume Two
05/14 - The Donna Reed Show - Seasons 1-5
05/14 - Petticoat Junction - Seasons 1-3
05/28 - Perfect Strangers - The Complete Seventh and Eighth Seasons (WBShop.com)
05/28 - South Park - The Complete Twenty-Second Season (Blu-ray)
06/04 - The Brady Bunch - 50th Anniversary The Brady-est Brady Bunch TV & Movie Collection
06/18 - Will & Grace (The Revival) - Season Two (Blu-ray)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 06-28-2005, 07:31 PM   #1
Todd Mueller
Keepin' it real. . .

Default Lester Garnier (San Fran cop) murder article

I'm not sure if this has been posted before, but here is an in-depth article about the investigation into the murder of Lester Garnier, who was a San Francisco police officer. I forgot about the case until I watched the story on Echoes of Fear's UM site. (I highly recommend it, by the way.)

The article is a few years old but it has great info and is a good read.
Todd Mueller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2005, 08:21 PM   #2
Kemistry
Mysterious Intrigue
Forum Regular

Send a message via AIM to Kemistry Send a message via MSN to Kemistry

That was an interesting read, thanks for that link, very indepth.
Old 06-28-2005, 09:13 PM   #3
Kane

The name Lester Garnier didn't ring a bell until I realized that it was the same cop who was found shot to death in a parking lot in 1988. I actually remember seeing that segment in 1990, but for a long time I was unable to recall the name of the victim. Thanks to the article, I now remember the name.

Unfortunately, the segment has never been rerun on Lifetime.
Kane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2005, 09:15 PM   #4
Brent88
Forum Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kane
I've noticed that with a lot of segments. I hate it.
Old 06-29-2005, 12:14 AM   #5
Awsi Dooger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kane
The name Lester Garnier didn't ring a bell until I realized that it was the same cop who was found shot to death in a parking lot in 1988. I actually remember seeing that segment in 1990, but for a long time I was unable to recall the name of the victim. Thanks to the article, I now remember the name.

Same here. I had never seen that name in this forum before and it didn't click until I started reading that very detailed article.

I didn't realize Echoes of Fear had non-Lifetime segments, especially ones Lifetime does not run. Kudos to Echoes and crystaldawn and anyone else responsible. I registered over there but have not checked out any of the video files, assuming they were oft-repeated segments I would have seen recently.
Awsi Dooger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2005, 08:59 AM   #6
crystaldawn

Thanks. Not only are there some non-Lifetime segments on there but I believe "Echoes of Fear" is working on adding some segments from the pre-Stack specials. A real treat for all UM fans since to my knowledge they haven't aired since '87. Of course it isn't the same since RS doesn't host them but there are some good stories and they have that old, grainy look that we all seem to prefer.
crystaldawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2005, 07:29 PM   #7
SitcomsAreTheWay
Retro Sitcoms Fanatic
Forum Regular

You know, I had never seen this case until I watched a clip of it (on the same site) a few nights ago. Thanks for posting the link to the article.
SitcomsAreTheWay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2005, 07:31 PM   #8
SitcomsAreTheWay
Retro Sitcoms Fanatic
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by crystaldawn
Thanks. Not only are there some non-Lifetime segments on there but I believe "Echoes of Fear" is working on adding some segments from the pre-Stack specials. A real treat for all UM fans since to my knowledge they haven't aired since '87. Of course it isn't the same since RS doesn't host them but there are some good stories and they have that old, grainy look that we all seem to prefer.
SitcomsAreTheWay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008, 03:46 AM   #9
CanadianUMFan
Frequent Poster

I just watched it for the first time. It is sad that it remains unsolved.

Last edited by crystaldawn; 03-16-2008 at 07:41 AM.
CanadianUMFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 07:57 PM   #10
Avante
Occasional Poster

This is an update from the WCPD on June 3, 2008.

http://www.walnut-creek.org/citygov/...essrelease.asp

PRESS RELEASE

On July 11, 1988, 30-year old Lester GARNIER, an off-duty San Francisco Police Officer, was found shot to death while sitting in his 1984 blue Chevrolet Corvette, which was in the parking lot of a downtown Walnut Creek store at 1295 South Main Street. The weapon used was an AMT 380 caliber semi-automatic pistol.

A fingerprint found at the homicide scene has now been identified. New technology has resulted in the fingerprint being identified as belonging to Catherine KUNTZ, date of birth May 24, 1964.

We are now asking for the public’s assistance in providing additional information regarding Catherine KUNTZ. If you knew Catherine KUNTZ, or had any interaction with her or any of her associates we encourage you to call the toll free number: 1-925-943-5844.

Catherine KUNTZ is originally from Scotland and has a noticeable Scottish accent. KUNTZ is tall, thin and has blond hair.
During the late 1980’s, Catherine KUNTZ lived in apartments in Martinez, Concord, Walnut Creek and Alameda, California. KUNTZ was also known to frequent the Oakland area.
KUNTZ was a known user of "crack cocaine."
In 1990, Catherine KUNTZ moved to Norfolk, Virginia.
In 1991, Catherine KUNTZ was arrested in Norfolk, Virginia for conspiracy to commit murder.
Most recently, Catherine KUNTZ lived in various cities in the state of Florida.
Catherine KUNTZ has also used the last names of "OVEREND" and "WISE." Additionally, Catherine KUNTZ has used the nickname "Scotty."

The City and County of San Francisco has offered a reward of $250,000 for any information that leads to the arrest and prosecution of the person(s) responsible for the murder of Officer Lester GARNIER.
Avante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 06:08 PM   #11
DanCart
Forum Regular

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avante
This is an update from the WCPD on June 3, 2008.

http://www.walnut-creek.org/citygov/...essrelease.asp

PRESS RELEASE

On July 11, 1988, 30-year old Lester GARNIER, an off-duty San Francisco Police Officer, was found shot to death while sitting in his 1984 blue Chevrolet Corvette, which was in the parking lot of a downtown Walnut Creek store at 1295 South Main Street. The weapon used was an AMT 380 caliber semi-automatic pistol.

A fingerprint found at the homicide scene has now been identified. New technology has resulted in the fingerprint being identified as belonging to Catherine KUNTZ, date of birth May 24, 1964.

We are now asking for the publicís assistance in providing additional information regarding Catherine KUNTZ. If you knew Catherine KUNTZ, or had any interaction with her or any of her associates we encourage you to call the toll free number: 1-925-943-5844.

Catherine KUNTZ is originally from Scotland and has a noticeable Scottish accent. KUNTZ is tall, thin and has blond hair.
During the late 1980ís, Catherine KUNTZ lived in apartments in Martinez, Concord, Walnut Creek and Alameda, California. KUNTZ was also known to frequent the Oakland area.
KUNTZ was a known user of "crack cocaine."
In 1990, Catherine KUNTZ moved to Norfolk, Virginia.
In 1991, Catherine KUNTZ was arrested in Norfolk, Virginia for conspiracy to commit murder.
Most recently, Catherine KUNTZ lived in various cities in the state of Florida.
Catherine KUNTZ has also used the last names of "OVEREND" and "WISE." Additionally, Catherine KUNTZ has used the nickname "Scotty."

The City and County of San Francisco has offered a reward of $250,000 for any information that leads to the arrest and prosecution of the person(s) responsible for the murder of Officer Lester GARNIER.
This lady certainly has a colorful history but one thing that bugs me about her is : what motive would she have for killing a cop if she was crack user who engaged in a bit of prostitution ........ unless she maybe she was with other parties who wanted Lester "bumped off"....
DanCart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 10:19 PM   #12
MegtheEgg86

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanCart
This lady certainly has a colorful history but one thing that bugs me about her is : what motive would she have for killing a cop if she was crack user who engaged in a bit of prostitution .......
I think that would be rather obvious. Garnier worked vice. He arrested prostitutes. And probably people with drugs in their possession.

Go Vols!
MegtheEgg86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 10:06 AM   #13
DJ_Foxx
Frequent Poster

I think I kinda remember this case. I think from that segment, wasn't there a witness that spotted two women walking away from Garnier's car? I wonder if one of those women might have been her. I may have my cases mixed up but that car if anything always stuck out to me from that episode.
DJ_Foxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 10:10 AM   #14
TracyLynnS
Don't Look Up

Somehow I missed this update that was posted here back in 2010. The info hasn't been added to the UM wikia and I'm afraid to edit it myself because I always goof it up.

Here's some photos of the suspect:

Kuntz in 1988

Kuntz in 1991

this one was titled "recent" without an actual date
TracyLynnS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 10:11 AM   #15
TracyLynnS
Don't Look Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ_Foxx
I think I kinda remember this case. I think from that segment, wasn't there a witness that spotted two women walking away from Garnier's car? I wonder if one of those women might have been her. I may have my cases mixed up but that car if anything always stuck out to me from that episode.

The official UM site doesn't show that silly composite that was drawn showing two women from the back, but they do have this composite on their site. IMO, the hairstyle matches Kuntz, but that was sort of a popular style in the 80s for men and women.

TracyLynnS is offline   Reply With Quote