Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Unsolved Mysteries Online Main Page / Message Board / Show History / Episode Guide (1987-2002) / Expanded Episode Guide #2 / Expanded Episode Guide #3 / Case Updates / Wiki / Official Site / Lifetime Site / Lifetime Schedule / Related Links / True Crime Shows Message Board / All Other Cases Message Board / Buy The Best of Unsolved Mysteries DVD / Buy Unsolved Mysteries - The Ultimate Collection DVD

Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season on Amazon Instant Video
/
Season 2
/ Season 3 / Season 4 /
Season 5
/ Season 6 / Season 7 /
Season 8
/ Season 9 / Season 10 /
Season 11
/ Season 12 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina Episodes

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina - The Complete First Season Episodes on Amazon Instant Video
/ Season 2 / Season 3 / Season 4 / Season 5 / Season 6 / Season 7 / Season 8 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends DVD Set

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Unsolved Mysteries

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

truTV Gets 2nd Season of Tacoma FD; I'm Sorry Gets Season 3 on truTV
NBC Fall 2019 Premiere Dates; The CW Fall 2019 Premiere Dates
Netflix Gets Funny with Pranks with Stranger Things Star; Gabrielle Union and Jessica Alba Series Gets 2nd Season
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of June 17, 2019)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Fall Premiere Dates for CBS; CBS and Viacom in Merger Talks Yet Again
Fri-Yay: Reaction to The Good Place Ending; Antenna TV Brings Back Webster, What's Happening!! and What's Happening Now!!
New Chip 'n' Dale Coming to Disney+ in 2020; Inside the Actors Studio Moves to Ovation and Starts with Sitcom-Themed Show

New on DVD/Blu-ray (April/May/June)

Evening Shade - The Complete Collection Perfect Strangers - The Complete Seventh and Eighth Seasons My Three Sons - The Third Season - Volume One The Brady Bunch - 50th Anniversary The Brady-est TV & Movie Collection Will & Grace (The Revival) - Season Two

04/02 - Archer: Danger Island - The Complete Season Nine
04/09 - You're the Worst - The Complete Fifth Season
04/12 - Evening Shade - The Complete Collection
04/16 - The Big C - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
05/07 - Baskets - The Complete Season Three
05/13 - I'm Dying Up Here - Season 2
05/13 - My Three Sons - The Third Season - Volume One
05/13 - My Three Sons - The Third Season - Volume Two
05/14 - The Donna Reed Show - Seasons 1-5
05/14 - Petticoat Junction - Seasons 1-3
05/28 - Perfect Strangers - The Complete Seventh and Eighth Seasons (WBShop.com)
05/28 - South Park - The Complete Twenty-Second Season (Blu-ray)
06/04 - The Brady Bunch - 50th Anniversary The Brady-est Brady Bunch TV & Movie Collection
06/18 - Will & Grace (The Revival) - Season Two (Blu-ray)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 03-29-2008, 03:54 PM   #106
slasherman
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiseguy182
I could be wrong, but I think I've read on this forum that one of the most credible sightings came from the Madison, Wisconsin area, which is where the letter(s) were mailed from.

While I do believe the letters are probably authentic, I don't believe everything the letter writer says. For example, he talks about traveling with her all over the world. I doubt an abductor would risk being seen with the abductee by so many people in so many areas. Too risky that someone somewhere would pick up on it. He would also run the risk of Nyleen doing something like Antoinette Cayedito did by dropping a letter. Granted Nyleen was younger and I don't think she was old enough to write when she was abducted, but she could blurt out in public what was going on, and if the adbucter takes her and runs, then people in the area would know something was up.
I agree that the letter writer is lying and the letter is real. Maybe he had allready killed her when he wrote it so that police would look for a person alive not dead. And I find it hard to believe he had been travelling all over Europe with her, this is another way to have police confused. If indeed he kept her alive she would be in a secret room/cellar.
And when she is too old she would be killed and he would be hunting a new young girl. A girl too old is not interesting for a pedophile. I think you have to look at the JonBenét Ramsey case to understand how the killer thinks. If you look at the letter that killer wrote it was full of lies but you could see how the killer was thinking. I mean it's not many pedophile abductors who likes girl that is 4/6 years old and actually does the crime not only in his mind but in real life.
Here is the letter from the JonBenét Ramsey case:
Quote:
"Mr. Ramsey.
Listen carefully! We are a group of individuals that represent a small foreign faction. We xx respect your bussinessbut not the country that it serves. At this time we have your daughter in our posession. She is safe and unharmed and if you want her to see 1997, you must follow our instructions to the letter.

You will withdraw $118,000.00 from your account. $100,000 will be in $100 bills and the remaining $18,000 in $20 bills. Make sure that you bring an adequate size attache to the bank. When you get home you will put the money in a brown paper bag. I will call you between 8 and 10 am tomorrow to instruct you on delivery. The delivery will be exhausting so I advise you to be rested. If we monitor you getting the money early, we might call you early toarrange an earlier delivery of the money and hence a earlier delivery pickup of your daughter.

Any deviation of my instructions will result in the immediate execution of your daughter. You will also be denied her remains for proper burial. The two gentlemen watching over your daughter do not particularly like you so I advise you not to provoke them. Speaking to anyone about your situation, such as Police, F.B.I., etc., will result in your daughter being beheaded. If we catch you talking to a stray dog, she dies. If you alert bank authorities, she dies. If the money is in any way marked or tampered with, she dies. You will be scanned for electronic devices and if any are found, she dies. You can try to deceive us but be warned that we are familiar with Law enforcement countermeasures and tactics. You stand a 99% chance of killing your daughter if you try to out smart us. Follow our instructions and you stand a 100% chance of getting her back. You and your family are under constant scrutiny as well as the authorities. Don't try to grow a brain John. You are not the only fat cat around so don't think that killing will be difficult. Don't underestimate us John. Use that good southern common sense of yours.
It is up to you now John!
Victory!
S.B.T.C."
I have tried to highlight (with red) what I think is important in the letter. Everything else in the letter is bull**** just to buy time. His intention was to abduct JonBenet Ramsey but when he could not get her out of the cellar window in a briefcase, he killed and rape her there.

Last edited by slasherman; 03-30-2008 at 09:24 AM.
slasherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 05:05 PM   #107
Kianacao
Occasional Poster

Yes. Nancy was murdered in Mexico City.
Kianacao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 05:15 PM   #108
Kianacao
Occasional Poster

Awgi Dooger

you wrote:
"I found this today on another message board. I'll just paste it. On the immediately preceding post, this person claims to be Nyleen Kay Marshall's cousin so if true he would know something like this: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...203#post959203 "

This is indeed true. I am also a cousin to Nyleen. While I am not sure which one of our cousins wrote this (I just came onto these sites today), Nyleen's mother, Nancy, was murdered in Mexico City.

Does anyone have any new information on Nyleen?
Old 09-06-2008, 10:43 AM   #109
Mystery Lover
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kianacao
Awgi Dooger

you wrote:
"I found this today on another message board. I'll just paste it. On the immediately preceding post, this person claims to be Nyleen Kay Marshall's cousin so if true he would know something like this: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...203#post959203 "

This is indeed true. I am also a cousin to Nyleen. While I am not sure which one of our cousins wrote this (I just came onto these sites today), Nyleen's mother, Nancy, was murdered in Mexico City.

Does anyone have any new information on Nyleen?

Hmmm I couldn't get that link to open. Do you know what it says Kianacao?

So since your a cousin of Nyleen... I have a few questions for you.

Can you give us any information about her disappearance that we may not know about?

Are the police still looking for her abducter?

Does anyone in your family think that she's still alive?

Oh and by the way... WELCOME!
Mystery Lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2008, 02:32 PM   #110
Kianacao
Occasional Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystery Lover
Hmmm I couldn't get that link to open. Do you know what it says Kianacao?

So since your a cousin of Nyleen... I have a few questions for you.

Can you give us any information about her disappearance that we may not know about?

Are the police still looking for her abducter?

Does anyone in your family think that she's still alive?

Oh and by the way... WELCOME!
At this time, I do not know any additional information about Nyleen's disappearance than what you already have listed. I did want to confirm Nancy's death, for those of you who were unsure. The link lead to the post that has already been listed here. I cannot get to the link now either. I did contact the webslueth list when they wouldn't accept my email and notified them that I was a family member. I do not know why I cannot get to it now. It was the piece written by another cousin describing Nancy's death. Again, I am not sure which of our cousins wrote it. It was evidently written a few years ago.

Nancy was looking for a house in Mexico. Prior to that, they spent some time in Japan, where Kim was stationed; which is perhaps why the media lost touch with them.

It is my understanding (and I will have to verify) that the Marshalls lived in Spokane WA during the time of Nyleen's disappearance.

At the time of Nyleen's disappearance, our family was going through other drama as well, and we (the children) were shielded from Nyleen's disappearance quite a bit. shortly after, I became estranged from the family due to custody battles. In my adult life I have sought more information; but as you can imagine, many in the family do not wish to speak of it as it is quite painful, especially since Nancy's death.

Nancy herself had said that she thought Nyleen was dead. Whether this was a mother's intuition or a coping mechanism; I do not know. I think she still had hope---but... I think our family has conflicting ideas on whether or not Nyleen is alive. I think it is possible, but wish to remain open to any possibility. It has been a very long time, but there is still much emotion.

I have no idea if her case is still open. I was just running a search on her and came across these forums. I was suprised that people were still talking of her and greatful that she has not been forgotten. I never found closure and my family isn't one for talking about it. I will have to gather some information to see where to start...perhaps this forum can help with that, since some of you seem to know the case intimately.

I do want more answers. Nyleen was a sweet, sweet loving child. I will see what I can find.

Thank you.
Old 09-06-2008, 02:35 PM   #111
Kianacao
Occasional Poster

I may be wrong, but it looks like websleuths has removed Nyleen's "Kay's" thread. Why would they do that?

[EDIT]
WAIT I found it!

http://websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11732

here it is by 'Cattitude' two posts (2005):

"Amazing...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am amazed to find after all this time people are still talking about Nyleen. And better yet, talking about how to find her. Nyleen is my cousin. It feels nice to know that someone aside from us remembers... "

========================================================================

"Oh, You may have been wondering...
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I thought some of you might find this interesting. Nyleen was profiled on Unsolved Mysteries, if some of you saw that episode, you would have seen her mother. She was murdered in mexico while looking for a house for her family to move into as her husband Kim was being transferred. She was found raped, with her hands bound behind her back, hung with a mans belt, all jewelery and valuables missing, and the mexican police labeled it a suicide and refused us jurisdiction to investigate. Voila! A whole new unsolved mystery for you. Poor Kim, how much can the man take? "
Old 09-08-2008, 02:37 PM   #112
LooksLikeCRicci
Likes to live in a clean house

Send a message via AIM to LooksLikeCRicci Send a message via Yahoo to LooksLikeCRicci

As Nyleen is still listed on the Doe Network, I'm assuming the case is still open. I e-mailed the Jefferson County Police Department a year or two ago and heard nothing back. Maybe I'll have to draft another e-mail to see if I get anywhere...

KIANACAO-- Thank you for your insights. I'm sorry for your loss.
LooksLikeCRicci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 01:32 AM   #113
Gman24
Occasional Poster

I've done some research on this case and it turns out the UM segment may have been beneficial. After the airing, cops got a tip that Nyleen Kay Marshall was seen at a restaurant in Janesville, Wisconsin. However, the lead didn't pan out, and Nyleen is still missing.
Gman24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 10:49 AM   #114
mphs95
Remember me?
Forum Regular

Send a message via Yahoo to mphs95

Hopefully, nuUM will show the segment and maybe can get more leads. This is one of the saddest cases out there. Even if she's dead, the family can get some closure.
mphs95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 04:58 AM   #115
wiseguy182

one of the letters says that he 'found her by the side of the road crying'. Yet that is not what the 2 other little girls said, nor is it the way UM depicted it: they show Nyleen in the picnic area and not crying.
wiseguy182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 01:45 PM   #116
Mastermind

If I seem to remember their was a composite of a man and woman as Kay's abductors.

That sort of gave me the idea that she was abducted by a couple potentially looking for a child to raise as there own.

If the letter is a hoax, then Kay could very much be alive and unaware of her situation.
Mastermind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008, 05:09 PM   #117
Dislimb
Banned
Banned!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercy1825
This speculation is starting to make me parallel this case with that of Michael Henly Jr. There was widespread speculation that he was abducted and seen in a photo along with Tara Calico, but in reality his body was found a few years later. He had simply wandered off and died of exposure. This is definitely a possibility here, especially if the child had covered them self in something to try and keep warm. This would explain why searchers didn't find them. Anyone else agree? Many sickos write letters for "kicks," as Bill Wacker would say.
After watching this case again last night and reading up on it for several hours, I am now inclined to agree with this post. I don't believe she was ever kidnapped, but died from exposure and/or an animal attack of some sort and the search party simply did not find her remains. There have been so many cases over the years where adults have been missing and search parties have looked for them and not found them in the general area they went missing from only to turn up later. This was a four year old child who couldn't have been more than 3 feet tall and weighed no more than 40 pounds or so. Very easy to miss her. The letter writer and/or phone caller was simply a person playing a sick joke in my opinion.
Dislimb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 11:34 PM   #118
Blackout
Sart Bimpson

damn Nyleens own cousin came here????
Old 06-22-2009, 01:47 PM   #119
Mysteryphile
I wonder what happened to her.
Forum Regular

After reading this the letter from the supposed ubductor...I don't think the person that kidnapped Nyleen and the letter writer are one in the same. The letter comes off to me as more of a...fantasy...that this guy is having. A fantasy of what it would be like to have a little girl.

The part about the investment home, def sounds like fantasy. Not a word of it rings true to my mind. I think the guy that wrote it is someone with a twisted mind/in need of help and not the perp.
Mysteryphile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 10:57 PM   #120
Blackout
Sart Bimpson

i think it was TracyLynn, a poster here:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TracyLynnS
Bumping this up in case anyone wants to read up on the Rizzo case.

This thread mentions wondering why the neighbors never mentioned hearing a woodchipper running, since they're loud, and the bone fragments are small and were suspected to have been put through such a device.

Well, I read an article that said among the items that the police confiscated from the back yard were tools (such as a saw and some kind of chopping instrument, I can't remember) and a garbage disposal.

If Leonard Rizzo used a garbage disposal instead of a woodchipper, that woud explain the larger bones, 3", and bags of human flesh.

When Helle Craft's husband put her through a woodchipper, he first froze her body, then chainsawed it into large pieces and put them through the chipper. That actually made it easier for the chipper to work and the pieces were small. I think the largest they found were a tooth and a piece of a fingernail.

I'm thinking that this might not have been an option for Rizzo, living in warm San Antonio. He probably deboned the body, resulting in the bags of human flesh. Then used another method, besides a woodchipper to reduce the bones.

The garbage disposal (not installed in the house) was taken from his yard as evidence. Using a garbage disposal in a murder is not without precedent. Ed Kemper used one when he tried to discard his mother's larynx. I think Gary Heidnik also used a garbage disposal, but I'm not positive.
Blackout is offline   Reply With Quote