Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Unsolved Mysteries Online Main Page / Message Board / Show History / Episode Guide (1987-2002) / Expanded Episode Guide #2 / Expanded Episode Guide #3 / Case Updates / Wiki / Official Site / Lifetime Site / Lifetime Schedule / Related Links / True Crime Shows Message Board / All Other Cases Message Board / Buy The Best of Unsolved Mysteries DVD / Buy Unsolved Mysteries - The Ultimate Collection DVD

Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season on Amazon Instant Video
/
Season 2
/ Season 3 / Season 4 /
Season 5
/ Season 6 / Season 7 /
Season 8
/ Season 9 / Season 10 /
Season 11
/ Season 12 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina Episodes

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina - The Complete First Season Episodes on Amazon Instant Video
/ Season 2 / Season 3 / Season 4 / Season 5 / Season 6 / Season 7 / Season 8 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends DVD Set

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Unsolved Mysteries

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

truTV Gets 2nd Season of Tacoma FD; I'm Sorry Gets Season 3 on truTV
NBC Fall 2019 Premiere Dates; The CW Fall 2019 Premiere Dates
Netflix Gets Funny with Pranks with Stranger Things Star; Gabrielle Union and Jessica Alba Series Gets 2nd Season
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of June 17, 2019)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Fall Premiere Dates for CBS; CBS and Viacom in Merger Talks Yet Again
Fri-Yay: Reaction to The Good Place Ending; Antenna TV Brings Back Webster, What's Happening!! and What's Happening Now!!
New Chip 'n' Dale Coming to Disney+ in 2020; Inside the Actors Studio Moves to Ovation and Starts with Sitcom-Themed Show

New on DVD/Blu-ray (April/May/June)

Evening Shade - The Complete Collection Perfect Strangers - The Complete Seventh and Eighth Seasons My Three Sons - The Third Season - Volume One The Brady Bunch - 50th Anniversary The Brady-est TV & Movie Collection Will & Grace (The Revival) - Season Two

04/02 - Archer: Danger Island - The Complete Season Nine
04/09 - You're the Worst - The Complete Fifth Season
04/12 - Evening Shade - The Complete Collection
04/16 - The Big C - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
05/07 - Baskets - The Complete Season Three
05/13 - I'm Dying Up Here - Season 2
05/13 - My Three Sons - The Third Season - Volume One
05/13 - My Three Sons - The Third Season - Volume Two
05/14 - The Donna Reed Show - Seasons 1-5
05/14 - Petticoat Junction - Seasons 1-3
05/28 - Perfect Strangers - The Complete Seventh and Eighth Seasons (WBShop.com)
05/28 - South Park - The Complete Twenty-Second Season (Blu-ray)
06/04 - The Brady Bunch - 50th Anniversary The Brady-est Brady Bunch TV & Movie Collection
06/18 - Will & Grace (The Revival) - Season Two (Blu-ray)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 03-09-2007, 12:42 PM   #61
dynoguy88

Default reply

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dislimb
I don't think the broad on MySpace looks anything like her at all. But then again, that's just me.
I thought that at first when I saw the front page photo. But when I clicked on her photo album page (you have to sign up for a my space page to view them) and saw the pictures of her with her hair down, she looks very much like Nyleen's computer aged picture. Same dimples, same facial structure.

Again, it's probably just a HUGE coincidence that this girl looks so much like Nyleen and is the same age. But it's still interesting.
dynoguy88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 01:37 PM   #62
Mystery Lover
Frequent Poster

What I noticed is that Nyleen had big brown eyes. But the girl on MySpace has blue eyes. Yeah they could be colored contacts... but I didn't think many people did that.
Mystery Lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 10:13 PM   #63
Tap Dancer
Forum Regular

After all these years I think she's probably dead.
Tap Dancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 11:54 PM   #64
LooksLikeCRicci
Likes to live in a clean house

Send a message via AIM to LooksLikeCRicci Send a message via Yahoo to LooksLikeCRicci

I don't think it's her. It's a nice thought, but I just don't think it's her. ALTHOUGH... anyone have a MySpace account that would be willing to ask her?

I'm just sayin'.....
LooksLikeCRicci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 02:13 AM   #65
DarkDante

Well since I started this post around two years ago I have done a turnaround on this case and probably now believe that Nyleen Kay Marshall is in fact dead. I've watched the case about a half dozen times in the past two years and have begun to seriously question the amount of credence I give to the letter which serves really as the only glimmer of hope that Nyleen is still alive.

The letter apparently reveals information that was not released to the general public at the time. I've always insisted that the letter must contain a description of the clothing Nyleen was wearing the day she went missing because that information HAS NEVER been released anywhere. Not on UM, Not on "Doe Network", nowhere will you find a description of how Nyleen was dressed on the day she vanished and I'm certain this is no accident.

The problem I have with the letter being credible at this point is that the person who wrote the letter may have very well abducted Nyleen Kay Marshall from the campground but its is very probable now in my opinion that he killed her soon afterwards. I find it hard to believe someone with that amount of perverse intentions would want to have a healthy relationship with a child leaving me to believe the only reason he would've kept her around for an extended period of time was so that he could keep reliving his fantasies with her.

I think though at some point after she was abducted her captor murdered her because she had probably become a burden on him. There was a wide search for Nyleen Kay Marshall after she vanished and I'm sure in the eyes of her abductor she'd be better off dead than alive as its easier to bury a body than it is to hide a child.

Its possible the abductor felt extreme guilt at his actions after the fact and therefore composed those letters as a way of dealing with this sense of guilt. I am aware that this was a case of a "missing child" and in these cases very little is leaked to the general public to protect the child but the leads in this case seem to be very thin:

There was a possible sighting of Marshall in a restaurant in Janesville, Wisconsin (no details have ever been released about this sighting leading me to question how credible this is)

Apparently Nancy Marshall towards the end of her life believed Nyleen's trail lead down to Mexico of all places but I don't know how that ties in.

I don't know gang, After taking another look at the evidence in this case along with a little bit of profiling - I'm finding it harder and harder to believe Nyleen is alive.
DarkDante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 02:42 AM   #66
Fletch
Justice for Russell
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkDante
Apparently Nancy Marshall towards the end of her life believed Nyleen's trail lead down to Mexico of all places but I don't know how that ties in.
Was the rumored "death" of Nancy Marshall in Mexico ever confirmed?
Fletch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 03:50 AM   #67
wiseguy182

Quote:
Well since I started this post around two years ago I have done a turnaround on this case and probably now believe that Nyleen Kay Marshall is in fact dead. I've watched the case about a half dozen times in the past two years and have begun to seriously question the amount of credence I give to the letter which serves really as the only glimmer of hope that Nyleen is still alive.

The letter apparently reveals information that was not released to the general public at the time. I've always insisted that the letter must contain a description of the clothing Nyleen was wearing the day she went missing because that information HAS NEVER been released anywhere. Not on UM, Not on "Doe Network", nowhere will you find a description of how Nyleen was dressed on the day she vanished and I'm certain this is no accident.

The problem I have with the letter being credible at this point is that the person who wrote the letter may have very well abducted Nyleen Kay Marshall from the campground but its is very probable now in my opinion that he killed her soon afterwards. I find it hard to believe someone with that amount of perverse intentions would want to have a healthy relationship with a child leaving me to believe the only reason he would've kept her around for an extended period of time was so that he could keep reliving his fantasies with her.

I think though at some point after she was abducted her captor murdered her because she had probably become a burden on him. There was a wide search for Nyleen Kay Marshall after she vanished and I'm sure in the eyes of her abductor she'd be better off dead than alive as its easier to bury a body than it is to hide a child.

Its possible the abductor felt extreme guilt at his actions after the fact and therefore composed those letters as a way of dealing with this sense of guilt. I am aware that this was a case of a "missing child" and in these cases very little is leaked to the general public to protect the child but the leads in this case seem to be very thin:

There was a possible sighting of Marshall in a restaurant in Janesville, Wisconsin (no details have ever been released about this sighting leading me to question how credible this is)

I don't know gang, After taking another look at the evidence in this case along with a little bit of profiling - I'm finding it harder and harder to believe Nyleen is alive.
I agree that Nyleen probably isn't alive. The more time passes, the lesser the odds get that she is alive. I think the adbuction happened in 1981 if I'm correct.

I'm curious about that Janesville, Wisconsin sighting. Weren't the letters mailed from Madison, Wisconsin? Perhaps this is credible, tough to tell without more info on the case.

While I want all of the crimials profiled on UM to get caught, the adbuctor(s) of Nyleen are at the very top of the list I want to get caught. I'm not sure if this has ever been mentioned on the forum, but one of the letters is very, VERY sick. While I was watching the segment I paused it when it showed the letter, and I could make out most of it. It was probably the most disgusting thing I've ever read, so disgusting it makes me sick to just think about it, and I don't know if I'd even be allowed to mention here what it said.
wiseguy182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 04:49 AM   #68
LooksLikeCRicci

Send a message via AIM to LooksLikeCRicci Send a message via Yahoo to LooksLikeCRicci

Quote:

Wow. This is totally off topic, but has anyone else seen "The Vanishing," with Kiefer Sutherland and Sandra Bullock? The statement that Nancy Marshall went down to Mexico to find Nyleen reminds me of that movie... how creepy.

I always wondered what Nancy Marshall was doing in Mexico. I just assumed she was vacationing and was tragically murdered.
Old 03-12-2007, 05:10 AM   #69
Awsi Dooger

The poster on Webslueths wrote Nancy Marshall was murdered in Mexico while there to house hunt since her husband Kim was being transferred.

BTW, I wrote to the major nearby paper a few weeks ago asking if they had run any stories on Nancy Marshall's death, or if they could provide any details, but they ignored the correspondence.
Awsi Dooger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 09:24 AM   #70
DarkDante

I could've sworn that the Marshall's relocation at the time had something to do with the search for their missing child. Perhaps I'm wrong I dunno.

Fletch, I believe one of the sources we checked into on this board was the police department investigating the Nyleen Kay Marshall case and I believe crystaldawn got in contact with them and they confirmed to her that sadly Nancy Marshall is indeed dead.
DarkDante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 09:40 AM   #71
crystaldawn

Quote:
Fletch, I believe one of the sources we checked into on this board was the police department investigating the Nyleen Kay Marshall case and I believe crystaldawn got in contact with them and they confirmed to her that sadly Nancy Marshall is indeed dead.
I contacted someone I knew from doe network. They were able to ask their contact in LE and they confirmed that Nancy Marshall had died but wouldn't divulge any other details. A poster on websleuths said she was a cousin of the Marshall's and gave the initial details of Nancy's murder in Mexico although the Mexican police supposedly ruled it a suicide.
crystaldawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 10:11 AM   #72
LooksLikeCRicci

Quote:
Originally Posted by crystaldawn
A poster on websleuths said she was a cousin of the Marshall's and gave the initial details of Nancy's murder in Mexico although the Mexican police supposedly ruled it a suicide.
You had shared some of this information with us on the boards before, CD. Unless I'm mistaken, weren't her hands bound behind her back kinda Cindy James-style? I'll have to search the forum because I don't remember what other information was revealed, but I want to say that her death sounded NOTHING like a suicide.
Old 03-12-2007, 11:38 AM   #73
dynoguy88

Default reply

I believe someone here also contacted the sherrif's department in Jefferson County to ask whether the rumor of Nancy Marshall's death were true, and the reply was yes, unfortunately.

It's incredibly tragic to me that not only Nyleen's mother but the mothers of Tara Calico and Tammy Leppert ALL went to their graves without ever finding out what TRULY happened to their daughters.
dynoguy88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 06:16 AM   #74
wiseguy182

Huh. I had heard that the mothers of Nyleen and Tara Calico had died, but the death of Tammy Lynn Leppert's mother is news to me.

You guys and gals do great investigative work.
wiseguy182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 10:47 AM   #75
crystaldawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by LooksLikeCRicci
You had shared some of this information with us on the boards before, CD. Unless I'm mistaken, weren't her hands bound behind her back kinda Cindy James-style? I'll have to search the forum because I don't remember what other information was revealed, but I want to say that her death sounded NOTHING like a suicide.
Here is a thread concerning Nancy's death:

http://www.sitcomsonline.com/boards/...nancy+marshall

Here is what Nancy's cousin said about her death on Websleuths:

"She was murdered in mexico while looking for a house for her family to move into as her husband Kim was being transferred. She was found raped, with her hands bound behind her back, hung with a mans belt, all jewelery and valuables missing, and the mexican police labeled it a suicide and refused us jurisdiction to investigate."
crystaldawn is offline   Reply With Quote