Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Unsolved Mysteries Online Main Page / Message Board / Show History / Episode Guide (1987-2002) / Expanded Episode Guide #2 / Expanded Episode Guide #3 / Case Updates / Wiki / Official Site / Lifetime Site / Lifetime Schedule / Related Links / True Crime Shows Message Board / All Other Cases Message Board / Buy The Best of Unsolved Mysteries DVD / Buy Unsolved Mysteries - The Ultimate Collection DVD

Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season on Amazon Instant Video
/
Season 2
/ Season 3 / Season 4 /
Season 5
/ Season 6 / Season 7 /
Season 8
/ Season 9 / Season 10 /
Season 11
/ Season 12 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina Episodes

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina - The Complete First Season Episodes on Amazon Instant Video
/ Season 2 / Season 3 / Season 4 / Season 5 / Season 6 / Season 7 / Season 8 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends DVD Set

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Unsolved Mysteries

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of June 24, 2019)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Mark-Paul Gosselaar Cast in black-ish Spinoff; Urkel Makes a Return in Scooby Doo
Fri-Yay: The Amazing Superstore Season 4 Finale; Netflix Has Healing Powers
Extreme Makeover: Home Edition Returns with "Modern" Twist; Showtime Is Back to Life For New Comedy
truTV Gets 2nd Season of Tacoma FD; I'm Sorry Gets Season 3 on truTV
NBC Fall 2019 Premiere Dates; The CW Fall 2019 Premiere Dates
Netflix Gets Funny with Pranks with Stranger Things Star; Gabrielle Union and Jessica Alba Series Gets 2nd Season

New on DVD/Blu-ray (April/May/June)

Evening Shade - The Complete Collection Perfect Strangers - The Complete Seventh and Eighth Seasons My Three Sons - The Third Season - Volume One The Brady Bunch - 50th Anniversary The Brady-est TV & Movie Collection Will & Grace (The Revival) - Season Two

04/02 - Archer: Danger Island - The Complete Season Nine
04/09 - You're the Worst - The Complete Fifth Season
04/12 - Evening Shade - The Complete Collection
04/16 - The Big C - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
05/07 - Baskets - The Complete Season Three
05/13 - I'm Dying Up Here - Season 2
05/13 - My Three Sons - The Third Season - Volume One
05/13 - My Three Sons - The Third Season - Volume Two
05/14 - The Donna Reed Show - Seasons 1-5
05/14 - Petticoat Junction - Seasons 1-3
05/28 - Perfect Strangers - The Complete Seventh and Eighth Seasons (WBShop.com)
05/28 - South Park - The Complete Twenty-Second Season (Blu-ray)
06/04 - The Brady Bunch - 50th Anniversary The Brady-est Brady Bunch TV & Movie Collection
06/18 - Will & Grace (The Revival) - Season Two (Blu-ray)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 02-10-2006, 01:16 PM   #31
dynoguy88

Default reply

Hmmmm.... I'm trying to think of Nyleen possibly having wandered off and dying of exposure like the Michael Henley case but I have a hard time believing it. I mean, seriously, how far away could she have traveled? They were in a park that was searched for miles and miles in every direction for days. They certainly would have found her. Nyleen was only 4 years old when she vanished, she wasn't older like Michael Henley having vanished when he was 9. I just have a hard time believing that a 4 year old girl could wander off so far that NOBODY, not even a huge search and rescue team could find her.

As far as the abductors letter is concerned, I have no idea if it is a fake or not. I think there was a whole page that wasn't shown. But remember in the Unsolved Mysteries segment, Nancy Marshall said that there were tons of Nyleen sightings from coast to coast. If the abductor was in fact traveling with her, that could explain all of the sightings. I can't really go into the mind of a nutcase child abductor but I would assume that they aren't all the same. So I can understand if they didn't want to reveal too much info about themselves. But maybe the page of the letter that wasn't shown would explain more, who knows?

Nyleen's family will always be in my prayers but I can't help but wonder where the adults were at the time. If Nyleen was playing with other children nearby, that's fine. But I would assume there would be an adult close by to keep an eye on them. (Exactly how far away the children were playing, we don't know.) I realize that more often than not, you're going to keep your guard down but you should never take that chance. Nyleen's family members had to question the other children that were playing with her to find out about her last known sightings. It really would have been better if the children were playing close enough so that they could always be seen by the adults at the picnic.
dynoguy88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006, 05:30 PM   #32
DarkDante

I am positive that the letter (probably in a part we haven't seen) describes some details that were not released to the general public. In fact I think that is mentioned in the segment, I still find it very interesting that nobody has ever mentioned what Nyleen was wearing that day. Maybe the letter details that....I dunno.

I really hope Nancy Marshall is still with us, I can't find anything on her "murder".
DarkDante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2006, 02:27 AM   #33
Awsi Dooger

I posted the link from another thread regarding Nancy Marshall's supposed murder. I have not been able to find any verification or info either. Maybe someone can contact the media in the area where the family lived and ask about it.

I make it a favorite that Nyleen was abducted. But not an overwhelming favorite without seeing a letter with undeniable specifics. Of course, it's very possible she was taken but not by the person who wrote that letter.

Good point about the age difference between Nyleen and Michael Henley. She couldn't have gone far. But you can look at it in reverse also. A 4 year old girl takes up much less space than a 9 year old boy. She could have fallen in a hole or into a crevice. Without knowing the terrain in the area it's difficult to speculate. If there are major differences in elevation, and opportunity to accidentally fall to a remote area which is difficult to access, then a body not being located is not out of the question.

Last edited by Awsi Dooger; 02-11-2006 at 04:53 AM.
Awsi Dooger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2006, 02:43 AM   #34
dynoguy88

Default reply

Awsi Dooger, I just spent the last 20 minutes trying to find any info on Google about Nancy Marshall's possible murder but I couldn't find anything. I even clicked on the posters screen name (from your link) who mentioned the killing in Mexico - I wanted to send her a private message asking her where she heard that information but you have to sign up to post there... and for some reason, it wouldn't let me because they don't allow free e-mail addresses..... what on earth does that mean?

I think a huge problem in finding any info about Nyleen's parents is the fact that the Unsolved Mysteries segment NEVER mentioned where the Marshall's lived... just that they were at a picnic near Helena at the time of Nyleen's abduction. They could have been vacationing, camping, visiting relatives for all we know. I don't think their home town was mentioned in the CNN article link either.

I really, really, really don't want to believe that Nancy Marshall met this fate. Just thinking of the sadness that her husband and family would have felt after already losing Nyleen is just scary.
Old 02-11-2006, 05:25 AM   #35
Awsi Dooger

Quote:
Originally Posted by dynoguy88
Awsi Dooger, I just spent the last 20 minutes trying to find any info on Google about Nancy Marshall's possible murder but I couldn't find anything. I even clicked on the posters screen name (from your link) who mentioned the killing in Mexico - I wanted to send her a private message asking her where she heard that information but you have to sign up to post there... and for some reason, it wouldn't let me because they don't allow free e-mail addresses..... what on earth does that mean?

I think a huge problem in finding any info about Nyleen's parents is the fact that the Unsolved Mysteries segment NEVER mentioned where the Marshall's lived... just that they were at a picnic near Helena at the time of Nyleen's abduction. They could have been vacationing, camping, visiting relatives for all we know. I don't think their home town was mentioned in the CNN article link either.

I really, really, really don't want to believe that Nancy Marshall met this fate. Just thinking of the sadness that her husband and family would have felt after already losing Nyleen is just scary.
dynoguy88, I feel the same way you do. Nancy Marshall seemed like an All-America mom so I was shocked and saddened when I read that post on the websleuths forum last week. It is probably legit since that poster provided so many specifics regarding the incident, and also the name of the husband, Kim.

I remember trying to PM but when it asked me to register I got lazy and hesitant and didn't do it. Maybe someone here can follow through on this and not have that free email address problem, which does sound bizarre. The link is http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...203#post959203 and the poster is named Cattitude. The posts in this matter are only six weeks old so most likely Cattitude's account is still active. Maybe Cattitude can be directed to this thread and forum and provide more info, assuming it's unfortunately true regarding Nancy Marshall's fate.

Last edited by Awsi Dooger; 02-11-2006 at 07:47 PM.
Old 02-11-2006, 09:51 AM   #36
crystaldawn

Wow, that is incredibly sad news. I read Websleuths often and must have missed that. I agree dynoguy registering on there takes an act of congress. It wouldn't let them give me my personal email address so I had to use the main one for our internet account. Well I did register and plan on sending a pm to her and ask her some questions and I will post if I hear back. Unfortunately I do tend to believe it is accurate as she said she was a relative. Its always haunting for me to watch someone being interviewed on UM who I know is now deceased (i.e. Stephen Marfeo).
crystaldawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2006, 04:37 PM   #37
DarkDante

I'll admit it right now, I found Nancy Marshall kind of cute. She probably old enough to be my mother but she has really nice eyes.
DarkDante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2006, 06:42 PM   #38
mistagee
Frequent Poster

I dont think Nyleen is alive, I dont think that she was abducted by the letter writer, because other information could have found its way to the public via invesitgators or police or friends or even family. Im sure the parents may have even told people in the picnic site what she was wearing. So, I think the letter is a hoax. When you are 26 you do think back to the people you lived with for four years as a child, because she would have said something. Everyone swore that Michael Hanley was abducted, and he wasnt. She probably wandered off, and fell under some rocks or off a cliff or into a river or stream and then may have been eaten by animals.

That whole s*men thing is absolutely horrifying.
mistagee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2006, 01:46 AM   #39
spark19
Frequent Poster

I've been lurking for a while and have read numerous threads that mentioned this poor little girl's disappearance. I honestly couldn't remember this case very well, but thanks to crystaldawn's dvds (which I just got today and have thoroughly given me the heebie-jeebies), I can't help but feel utter sadness and confusion over this case. I'm sure there haven't been any updates as of late - but did anyone find out if her mother was for sure raped and murdered in Mexico??
spark19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2006, 03:43 AM   #40
Awsi Dooger

A subsequent post in that Websleuths thread. I'd call it extremely far fetched, but here goes: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...2&page=2&pp=25

"My husband was one of many who helped search the area where Nyleen went missing. Several weeks later, he took me to the area, and it is a very remote, mountainous area with trees, shrubs, etc. During the time of the search the question came up if she could have been carried off by a mountain lion, but the search has since been focused on as an abduction.

When I lived in Montana, an article appeared in the Helena Independent Record newspaper (approx. 1997) that a young woman had entered an out of state hospital to give birth. She didn't seem to know much about her personal history but thought perhaps her mother's name was Nyleen. They were wondering if this might have been Nyleen herself. The newspaper never confirmed or disclaimed whether it could have been Nyleen or not.

I now live in Washington state, so I've never learned if there was anything to the above story or not.

It's all a mystery still.

Micromom
Old 05-26-2006, 10:24 AM   #41
dynoguy88

Default reply

Quote:
Originally Posted by spark19
I'm sure there haven't been any updates as of late - but did anyone find out if her mother was for sure raped and murdered in Mexico??
I've tried and tried but have never been able to find any information on the net. Maybe it's just a false rumor....I hope.
Old 05-26-2006, 10:37 AM   #42
LooksLikeCRicci
Likes to live in a clean house

Send a message via AIM to LooksLikeCRicci Send a message via Yahoo to LooksLikeCRicci

I told Crystaldawn that I would e-mail someone from the area in which Nyleen Kay Marshall disappeared... I think it was in Clancy, MT. In any case, don't you think that law enforcement officials would know, since they would most likely have her information if anything was revealed in the Marshall case?
LooksLikeCRicci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2006, 10:51 AM   #43
crystaldawn

Yes between all of us looking for answers, maybe someone will come up with the story. I was curious where Nyleen was from when she disappeared because maybe LE or the media there would know but on the other hand if she was killed in Mexico they may not have much info. I just emailed someone I've had some dealings with on the doe network on the slim chance that she could check around and find out for me. I am a member of websleuths so if nothing else I guess I could post to the thread on there (since the cousin never got my pm) and see if she would contact me so I could get the info. I'll wait and do that as a last resort though.
crystaldawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2006, 01:36 PM   #44
spark19
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awsi Dooger
A subsequent post in that Websleuths thread. I'd call it extremely far fetched, but here goes: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...2&page=2&pp=25

"My husband was one of many who helped search the area where Nyleen went missing. Several weeks later, he took me to the area, and it is a very remote, mountainous area with trees, shrubs, etc. During the time of the search the question came up if she could have been carried off by a mountain lion, but the search has since been focused on as an abduction.

When I lived in Montana, an article appeared in the Helena Independent Record newspaper (approx. 1997) that a young woman had entered an out of state hospital to give birth. She didn't seem to know much about her personal history but thought perhaps her mother's name was Nyleen. They were wondering if this might have been Nyleen herself. The newspaper never confirmed or disclaimed whether it could have been Nyleen or not.

I now live in Washington state, so I've never learned if there was anything to the above story or not.

It's all a mystery still.

Micromom

That DOES seem really far-fetched...I mean, I know that Nyleen isn't exactly a common name, but there would have to be a really strong resemblance to assume that. And if that were true, and people really suspected it - I'm sure that they took enough tests to conjure up some DNA evidence right there...
Old 05-26-2006, 01:44 PM   #45
spark19
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by crystaldawn
Yes between all of us looking for answers, maybe someone will come up with the story. I was curious where Nyleen was from when she disappeared because maybe LE or the media there would know but on the other hand if she was killed in Mexico they may not have much info. I just emailed someone I've had some dealings with on the doe network on the slim chance that she could check around and find out for me. I am a member of websleuths so if nothing else I guess I could post to the thread on there (since the cousin never got my pm) and see if she would contact me so I could get the info. I'll wait and do that as a last resort though.
Unfortunately, if all of that is true - and it happened in Mexico, odds are that we'll never find anything out. It's truly despicable how crimes against women are generally treated (I've read numerous articles in the news recently about women in Mexico whom were raped, and the government forbade them from having an abortion for "religious" reasons and the fact that the culture is incredibly male dominated). I mean...according to the supposed cousin, the woman was RAPED with her arms tied around her back, and it was deemed a suicide.

I have the feeling that if we wanted to fight anything out, we'd have to go to Mexico ourselves and conduct our own investigation. I REALLY hope that this is all untrue for that reason...