Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Unsolved Mysteries Online Main Page / Message Board / Show History / Episode Guide (1987-2002) / Expanded Episode Guide #2 / Expanded Episode Guide #3 / Case Updates / Wiki / Official Site / Lifetime Site / Lifetime Schedule / Related Links / True Crime Shows Message Board / All Other Cases Message Board / Buy The Best of Unsolved Mysteries DVD / Buy Unsolved Mysteries - The Ultimate Collection DVD

Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season on Amazon Instant Video
/
Season 2
/ Season 3 / Season 4 /
Season 5
/ Season 6 / Season 7 /
Season 8
/ Season 9 / Season 10 /
Season 11
/ Season 12 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina Episodes

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina - The Complete First Season Episodes on Amazon Instant Video
/ Season 2 / Season 3 / Season 4 / Season 5 / Season 6 / Season 7 / Season 8 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends DVD Set

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Unsolved Mysteries

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Fox Fall 2019 Premiere Dates; FX Sets Dates for Fall 2019 Schedule
Barney Miller Summer Fridays on Antenna TV; Tyler Perry Studios Takes Over BET with New Series
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of June 24, 2019)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Mark-Paul Gosselaar Cast in black-ish Spinoff; Urkel Makes a Return in Scooby Doo
Fri-Yay: The Amazing Superstore Season 4 Finale; Netflix Has Healing Powers
Extreme Makeover: Home Edition Returns with "Modern" Twist; Showtime Is Back to Life For New Comedy
truTV Gets 2nd Season of Tacoma FD; I'm Sorry Gets Season 3 on truTV

New on DVD/Blu-ray (April/May/June)

Evening Shade - The Complete Collection Perfect Strangers - The Complete Seventh and Eighth Seasons My Three Sons - The Third Season - Volume One The Brady Bunch - 50th Anniversary The Brady-est TV & Movie Collection Will & Grace (The Revival) - Season Two

04/02 - Archer: Danger Island - The Complete Season Nine
04/09 - You're the Worst - The Complete Fifth Season
04/12 - Evening Shade - The Complete Collection
04/16 - The Big C - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
05/07 - Baskets - The Complete Season Three
05/13 - I'm Dying Up Here - Season 2
05/13 - My Three Sons - The Third Season - Volume One
05/13 - My Three Sons - The Third Season - Volume Two
05/14 - The Donna Reed Show - Seasons 1-5
05/14 - Petticoat Junction - Seasons 1-3
05/28 - Perfect Strangers - The Complete Seventh and Eighth Seasons (WBShop.com)
05/28 - South Park - The Complete Twenty-Second Season (Blu-ray)
06/04 - The Brady Bunch - 50th Anniversary The Brady-est Brady Bunch TV & Movie Collection
06/18 - Will & Grace (The Revival) - Season Two (Blu-ray)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 02-03-2006, 02:50 PM   #16
Tap Dancer
Forum Regular

I don't have a VCR that records, a Tivo, or a DVR. In other words, I have to watch UM while it's on or not at all. I wasn't able to read any of the letter and I'm very curious to know what it said. Can someone pm me?
Tap Dancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2006, 03:19 PM   #17
Allierain
17-year lurker
Forum Regular

"I hope this isn't too graphic but the sentence I read said something about the guy's semen. Sorry for that reference but I think it's necessary to understand the type of sicko we're dealing with here."

I also read that part of the letter and my eyes were bugging out. It was horrific and sick.
Allierain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2006, 11:02 PM   #18
mistagee
Frequent Poster

I personally do not think Nyleen kay marshall is alive anymore. There were a bunch of kids who disappeared in national forests and parks in Montana, if you check the charley network.com you will see. Is it certain she was lured by a stranger? Could she have been killed by a mountain lion?
mistagee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2006, 11:50 PM   #19
justins5256

I can't believe they showed the letter and didn't try to censor those lines. I guess they didn't anticipate geeks like us doing freeze frames and trying to read it.
justins5256 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006, 11:05 AM   #20
LooksLikeCRicci
Likes to live in a clean house

Send a message via AIM to LooksLikeCRicci Send a message via Yahoo to LooksLikeCRicci

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistagee
I personally do not think Nyleen kay marshall is alive anymore. There were a bunch of kids who disappeared in national forests and parks in Montana, if you check the charley network.com you will see. Is it certain she was lured by a stranger? Could she have been killed by a mountain lion?

It's not certain that she was abducted, although a few people saw her playing a game called "Jump the Shadows" or something like that with an unidentified man. I don't think she was killed by a mountain lion, as there was an extensive search of the area that spanned quite a few days, if my memory serves correct. Nevertheless, it could have happened, although it doesn't explain the letter that the abductor sent Nyleen's parents.
LooksLikeCRicci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006, 11:16 AM   #21
mercy1825
Frequent Poster

This speculation is starting to make me parallel this case with that of Michael Henly Jr. There was widespread speculation that he was abducted and seen in a photo along with Tara Calico, but in reality his body was found a few years later. He had simply wandered off and died of exposure. This is definitely a possibility here, especially if the child had covered them self in something to try and keep warm. This would explain why searchers didn't find them. Anyone else agree? Many sickos write letters for "kicks," as Bill Wacker would say.
mercy1825 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006, 11:18 AM   #22
crystaldawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by justins5256
I can't believe they showed the letter and didn't try to censor those lines. I guess they didn't anticipate geeks like us doing freeze frames and trying to read it.
"Geeks like us, huh.....thanks!"

I know the part you're referring to and it seemed like they start showing the letter in the middle of that sentence. I guess they think we're too stupid to realize what he's talking about.

JS, You might be interested to know I'm working on deciphering the Tom Roche letter. There are some holes though. Let me know if you can contribute anything to that.
crystaldawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006, 11:36 AM   #23
mercy1825
Frequent Poster

Default Crytsaldawn: wanted to make sure you saw this:

This speculation is starting to make me parallel this case with that of Michael Henly Jr. There was widespread speculation that he was abducted and seen in a photo along with Tara Calico, but in reality his body was found a few years later. He had simply wandered off and died of exposure. This is definitely a possibility here, especially if the child had covered them self in something to try and keep warm. This would explain why searchers didn't find them. Anyone else agree? Many sickos write letters for "kicks," as Bill Wacker would say.
mercy1825 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006, 04:49 PM   #24
crystaldawn

Nice Bill Wacker reference there Mercy.....

I actually never thought of that scenario. I know that one of Nyleen's friends said there was a strange man around there. (I believe he wanted them to play "follow the shadow" if I'm not mistaken). It is possible that someone wrote the letter for attention, I'm sure it wouldn't have been the first time. I'm sure police have never released the entire letter but wonder if he said anything in there that definitely made them believe he really had taken Nyleen.
Old 02-09-2006, 05:15 PM   #25
justins5256

Quote:
Originally Posted by crystaldawn
"Geeks like us, huh.....thanks!"
It was an all encompassing statement, myself included.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crystaldawn
JS, You might be interested to know I'm working on deciphering the Tom Roche letter. There are some holes though. Let me know if you can contribute anything to that.
I have no desire to contribute anything, but good luck. Please let us know the results.
justins5256 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006, 08:52 PM   #26
DarkDante

This being my all time favorite case I'd just like to say I think Nyleen was at least alive in 1985. She might not be now but I hope she is. I don't think she was eaten by a mountain lion or fell in a creek or anything like that, "She is the victim of a kidnapping" (okay CD what is that from )

That letter according to police contain information which was not released to the general public. Some of the information that has NEVER been released about this case is exactly what Nyleen was wearing that day. A description of her clothing has never been mentioned. The letter also mentions that he "picked Kay up on a road near the Elkhorn Mountains" which I find very interesting. I dunno its a puzzle and one that is likely one of those eternal puzzles.
DarkDante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006, 09:20 PM   #27
crystaldawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkDante
"She is the victim of a kidnapping" (okay CD what is that from )
The Keri Lynn Nixon segment of course.
Old 02-10-2006, 12:26 AM   #28
dynoguy88

Default reply

OMG, I seriously hope that Nancy Marshall wasn't killed like that poster said. Lord knows that family has already been through enough pain.

For anyone interested in reading the letter from Nyleen's abducter I'll type it out for you. Bits and and pieces of the letter weren't shown, so take from it what you can. Anyone not interested in reading it, please don't read ahead. Only one sentence is disturbing and a couple other could be interpreted either way. ..

(The first line is cut off) ... all I could tell them was that she was O.K. I hope that Child Find can get the following back to her family.

I picked "KAY" up on the road in the Elkhorn Park area between Helena and Boulder. She was crying and frightened and as I held her she was shaking and I decided that I would keep her and love her. I took her home with me.

I have a nice investment income and I can work at home so I care for her myself all the time. I teach her at home and she likes to go with me when I travel. She would gladly recount to you trips to San Francisco, New York, Oklahoma City, New Orleans, Nashville, Chicago, Puerto Rico and Canada. We were even in Britain for a month last year and she loved it. Nobody questions passports.

Her hair is short and curly now and she has really grown. She is about 45 inches and around 50 pounds. She has all four of her permanent upper and two of her lower incisors at this time. She takes a bath and brushes her teeth every day.

*** The next part of the letter isn't shown. I'm not sure if it's just a paragraph or a whole page.***

(Continued from previous page) ... it is or where it comes from, only that I get it from the bathroom every morning. It is actually a spoonful of my s*men. It doesn't affect her physically. I have NEVER "molested" her in any other way.

She is a sweet little girl and it is because of how much I have grown to love her that I realize how much her family must miss her. But she has adjusted and seems happy. She trusts me and isn't afraid. We play alot and she laughs when we clown around. She smiles and acts coy when I tease her. She giggles when we snuggle and hugs me sometimes for no apparent reason. I love her and I have her. I just can't let her go!
dynoguy88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006, 05:37 AM   #29
Awsi Dooger

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercy1825
I don't discount that possibility at all. In fact, I nearly posted it last week in this thread. I'm always looking for the simplest explanation, the one requiring the least variables. Here, an abduction obviously requires at least one other person into the equation plus taking Kay without anyone seeing it happen, and no one noticing all the way to the (presumed) vehicle.

I'm struck by how vague the abduction section of the letter is, "in the Elkhorn Park area between Helena and Boulder." What the hell is that? That's not even close to the typical specifics from a perpetrator to verify it was him. Zodiac went out of his way to give details like the exact type of ammo and in which direction the victims were facing and how they reacted to his shots/stabbings. In this case the guy is trying to sound "normal" and not a threat to her, so you can understand some understatement but not to this absurd degree. "I took her home with me." Gee, that clarifies things.

Frankly, someone who actually abducted a young girl, but now was caring for her, would probably try to make it sound like it was HER choice to come with him. Like he started talking to her then she smiled and walked alongside him willingly. A perpretator of this type wants to BELIEVE that's what happened, even if it's not true. The complete lack of any type of rationalization along those lines really makes me dispute this guy as the abductor.

Thanks to dynoguy88 for printing the text of the letter. When you read it closely, it sounds just like a bad fraudulent psychic, tons of generalities and nothing that indisputably describes Nyleen herself or verifies this grandiose tale of widespread travel is actually happening. Granted, we don't know the entire contents and maybe he wrote something very specific and meaningful that was withheld, in this letter or others. But even the description of the clothes wouldn't be enough for me in that regard. If it's similar to the rest of his text, it could just be a clever blanket generality that covers what any young girl of that age would likely be wearing on an outing in the woods. We're not even sure the exact clothing wasn't mentioned by someone. After all, it was a huge hunt and you know damn well every member of the search party was given specific details regarding what color/type clothing she was wearing.

I would have to see the letter in its entirety to make a judgment.
Awsi Dooger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006, 11:32 AM   #30
LooksLikeCRicci
Likes to live in a clean house

Send a message via AIM to LooksLikeCRicci Send a message via Yahoo to LooksLikeCRicci

Someone mentioned that Nyleen's mother had been murdered... is that true? I did a Google search and came up with nothing. I would love more info if that's the case...
LooksLikeCRicci is offline   Reply With Quote