Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Unsolved Mysteries Online Main Page / Message Board / Show History / Episode Guide (1987-2002) / Expanded Episode Guide #2 / Expanded Episode Guide #3 / Case Updates / Wiki / Official Site / Lifetime Site / Lifetime Schedule / Related Links / True Crime Shows Message Board / All Other Cases Message Board / Buy The Best of Unsolved Mysteries DVD / Buy Unsolved Mysteries - The Ultimate Collection DVD

Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season on Amazon Instant Video
/
Season 2
/ Season 3 / Season 4 /
Season 5
/ Season 6 / Season 7 /
Season 8
/ Season 9 / Season 10 /
Season 11
/ Season 12 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina Episodes

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina - The Complete First Season Episodes on Amazon Instant Video
/ Season 2 / Season 3 / Season 4 / Season 5 / Season 6 / Season 7 / Season 8 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends DVD Set

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Unsolved Mysteries

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Barney Miller Summer Fridays on Antenna TV; Tyler Perry Studios Takes Over BET with New Series
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of June 24, 2019)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Mark-Paul Gosselaar Cast in black-ish Spinoff; Urkel Makes a Return in Scooby Doo
Fri-Yay: The Amazing Superstore Season 4 Finale; Netflix Has Healing Powers
Extreme Makeover: Home Edition Returns with "Modern" Twist; Showtime Is Back to Life For New Comedy
truTV Gets 2nd Season of Tacoma FD; I'm Sorry Gets Season 3 on truTV
NBC Fall 2019 Premiere Dates; The CW Fall 2019 Premiere Dates

New on DVD/Blu-ray (April/May/June)

Evening Shade - The Complete Collection Perfect Strangers - The Complete Seventh and Eighth Seasons My Three Sons - The Third Season - Volume One The Brady Bunch - 50th Anniversary The Brady-est TV & Movie Collection Will & Grace (The Revival) - Season Two

04/02 - Archer: Danger Island - The Complete Season Nine
04/09 - You're the Worst - The Complete Fifth Season
04/12 - Evening Shade - The Complete Collection
04/16 - The Big C - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
05/07 - Baskets - The Complete Season Three
05/13 - I'm Dying Up Here - Season 2
05/13 - My Three Sons - The Third Season - Volume One
05/13 - My Three Sons - The Third Season - Volume Two
05/14 - The Donna Reed Show - Seasons 1-5
05/14 - Petticoat Junction - Seasons 1-3
05/28 - Perfect Strangers - The Complete Seventh and Eighth Seasons (WBShop.com)
05/28 - South Park - The Complete Twenty-Second Season (Blu-ray)
06/04 - The Brady Bunch - 50th Anniversary The Brady-est Brady Bunch TV & Movie Collection
06/18 - Will & Grace (The Revival) - Season Two (Blu-ray)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 01-13-2011, 03:38 PM   #136
Hambone2421

This is such a sad, sad case. Nyleen was kidnapped and if the letter writer is to be believed as her captor, then she was also sexually abused. To make matters worse, her mother is later raped and murdered while looking for a home in Mexico, yet her death is ruled as a suicide.

What is everyone's opinion on the letter writer? Do you believe it to be a hoax or her actual kidnapper?
Hambone2421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 12:22 AM   #137
Opal
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hambone2421
What is everyone's opinion on the letter writer? Do you believe it to be a hoax or her actual kidnapper?
I've always thought it was the actual kidnapper...but who knows? The letter writer in the Jay Cook/Tanya Van Cuylenborg case was recently proved to be a hoax, I believe.
Opal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 07:19 PM   #138
NPM12
Occasional Poster

Kianacao, i would like to know which of my cousins you may be? I am also interested to know how you seem to know so much about my family. I am Nyleens brother.
NPM12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 06:47 PM   #139
WishfulDreamer

This is one of the most chilling segments UM ever did, in my opinion. The music at the beginning, the man in the jogging suit, the male/female composites of potential suspects, the phone booth in the dark, and finally, the letter. So disturbing. This doesn't seem like the Henley case to me (though it is mind boggling he got lost within 20 minutes). They had THOUSANDS of searchers comb the woods with no trace. I think animals would have scattered the body eventually if she had been lost in the woods and died of exposure, or she would have eventually been found in the creek. It's like the Amy Bechtel case to quote a police officer from that investigation "We should have found her if she was there. It's a possibility, but I don't think she is." Because of the numerous phone calls and letters, I've been inclined to believe the abductor wrote the letter, but you never know. I think she was certainly abducted and certainly hope she is alive.
WishfulDreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 05:50 PM   #140
Clockworkhigh
Forum Regular

For starters, yes I believe she was abducted and I lean on the side that the letter from the abductor is legit. Also, you have to remember just how foggy your memory would be at 4 years old. Think about it, Nyleen if she is alive would think that is her father! She really would. My earliest memory is from December 1983 when I was three and a half years old. I met Santa Claus at my Aunt's house. That was a pretty dramatic event having old St. Nick come walking right through the front door. I remember that, but I don't remember that particular Christmas because things were probably just normal. So really, to remember things that happened when you were 3, 4, 5 years old it has to be very dramatic - good or bad. So I doubt Nyleen even remembers the first time she met her abductor.

Secondly, I doubt she was killed by a mountain lion. Wasn't there something mentioned in the segment how there was almost like there was no trace of her being there in the first place? That makes me think that the search dogs wouldn't have come up with a scent of her either. And yes, people have made mistakes in searches, even the police. Think about Mike Reimer being found after all those years or even Ruby and (the guy's name escapes me) being found just metres from where their car was flipped. But since she was no more than a football length away from the adults, and scattered with the kids, I have a hard time believing no one would have detected a mountain lion lurking around. A couple eyewitnesses said they saw a man, not a lion, which ties into the letters as well.

Lastly, people wondering why all the kids would be away from the adults and not being watched it's simple - this was 1983. I was born in 1980, I am not a geezer by any means but the things my parents (and EVERYONE'S parents) gave us a free pass for would make a parent of today get thrown in jail. How many of us can recount dozens of times in the 1980s when our parents told the "kids" to go play in the yard, or at the school, etc. while the adults talk and they didn't think anything about it, neither did we. Or whose mother told them to go wait in the car while she finishes grocery shopping because us kids were driving her nuts?

The paranoia surrounding children didn't exist so much in 1983, nor did it need to. What Nyleen's parents did was the exact same thing every parent did then. What could possibly happen to a large group of kids in the middle of the woods when they are within earshot of the parents? So I am just here to say, Nyleen being left alone was just something that was done without a second thought back then. She was probably around a bunch of older kids (maybe even 8 or 9) and that alone would not make parents worry.
Clockworkhigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 06:29 PM   #141
Killarney Rose
Forum Regular

Not trying to begin a debate or argument on this, but my kids were born in the years from 1978-1989. I never let them out of my sight- not even to play in our yard. I was too afraid someone would take them. They weren't allowed to walk away from me in stores, malls, anywhere-ever until they were in high school. We have a community store about 5 houses down the road from us and they weren't allowed to walk down there alone- ever.

I grew up hearing about child abductions and one that will always stay with me and was a big reason why I didn't let them out of my sight was the Camillia Jo Hand case . I was 13 when it happened in my area.
Killarney Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 07:44 PM   #142
TheBumble
Frequent Poster

I was born in 78, and I acutely remember 'stranger danger' warnings. I was paranoid of being kidnapped as a child. That said, I spent my summers and weekends roaming the neighborhood and hiding out in other peoples' yards. Shoot, me and my best friend even went knocking on stranger's doors asking if we could swim in their pool or to ask for pennies to save the animals (really I kept the pennies for myself, I was rotten). I guess I was more afraid of a bad man in the shadows, and didn't think anybody in my neighborhood would harm me.
TheBumble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 07:40 AM   #143
kena06
Occasional Poster

Default Hmm

I'm Nyleen's half-sister. We have the same father. Kim is not her bio dad. As for whether or not Nancy Marshall is alive or not, the answer is no. She was found dead in a motel room in Mexico. The mexican authorities say it was suicide... but she was found hanging from a man's belt and was sexually assulted. She also had 2 other children, my half brother being one of them. She would never take her own life. Now, as for Kim, people say he has had a lot to suffer since he lost his daughter, who is not his bio daughter, and his wife... but he was cheating on his wife and he is the one that led Nancy to go to Mexico to look for Nyleen. I believe it was Kim who had Nancy murdered. The mexican authorities wont let the US touch the case. My other concern: That Kim is a predator, who saw Nancy alone with two small children, Nyleen and Nathan, and zoned in... and that he is the one who killed Nyleen. I believe he was abusing her. Anyway, that's a lot to take in, but that's my opinion. Kim, if u want to clear yourself... go take a lie detector test and talk to the authorities.
kena06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 12:31 PM   #144
crystaldawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by kena06
I'm Nyleen's half-sister. We have the same father. Kim is not her bio dad. As for whether or not Nancy Marshall is alive or not, the answer is no. She was found dead in a motel room in Mexico. The mexican authorities say it was suicide... but she was found hanging from a man's belt and was sexually assulted. She also had 2 other children, my half brother being one of them. She would never take her own life. Now, as for Kim, people say he has had a lot to suffer since he lost his daughter, who is not his bio daughter, and his wife... but he was cheating on his wife and he is the one that led Nancy to go to Mexico to look for Nyleen. I believe it was Kim who had Nancy murdered. The mexican authorities wont let the US touch the case. My other concern: That Kim is a predator, who saw Nancy alone with two small children, Nyleen and Nathan, and zoned in... and that he is the one who killed Nyleen. I believe he was abusing her. Anyway, that's a lot to take in, but that's my opinion. Kim, if u want to clear yourself... go take a lie detector test and talk to the authorities.
Wow....all I can say is wow!!! Those are mind blowing accusations! Not saying I don't believe them, just never really heard anything about Kim good or bad. Do you have anything to base them on? Is it just something the family has thought or have others had suspicion about him as well? Did Nancy think Kim had anything to do with Nyleen's abduction? I didn't realize he wasn't her biological father. Thanks so much for posting and am curious to hear anything else you'd like to add.
crystaldawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 01:24 PM   #145
dynoguy88

If even half of those theories are true, I can't even put into words how awful that would be. This case was already beyond tragic. Those are some very strong accusations. I don't know how Kim could have pulled off killing Nyleen given the circumstances of how she disappeared from the picnic.

When exactly was Nancy killed in Mexico? I've always wondered how long is was after Nyleen's disappearance that this horrible thing happened.
dynoguy88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 02:45 PM   #146
TheBumble
Frequent Poster

Kena, very interesting. Do you have anymore info? Why do you feel he was molesting nyleen? Hope you come back and post more.
TheBumble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 02:48 PM   #147
Necco

Wow.
That's a twist I didn't expect.
Necco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 04:10 PM   #148
DarkDante

Quote:
Originally Posted by dynoguy88
If even half of those theories are true, I can't even put into words how awful that would be. This case was already beyond tragic. Those are some very strong accusations. I don't know how Kim could have pulled off killing Nyleen given the circumstances of how she disappeared from the picnic.
Also given the fact that in this case we have a potential unidentified suspect who knew enough information not disclosed to the public to raise the suspicions of authorities when he mailed those letters I believe into CHILD FIND USA.
DarkDante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 12:22 PM   #149
Hambone2421

Quote:
Originally Posted by Necco
Wow.
That's a twist I didn't expect.
Agreed.... Bombshell if true!
Hambone2421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 06:11 PM   #150
WishfulDreamer

This accusation leads me to two big questions: Where was Kim the day Nyleen disappeared? If he killed her, how was he able to hide her body so that it has never been found to this day?
WishfulDreamer is offline   Reply With Quote