Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Unsolved Mysteries Online Main Page / Message Board / Show History / Episode Guide (1987-2002) / Expanded Episode Guide #2 / Expanded Episode Guide #3 / Case Updates / Wiki / Official Site / Lifetime Site / Lifetime Schedule / Related Links / True Crime Shows Message Board / All Other Cases Message Board / Buy The Best of Unsolved Mysteries DVD / Buy Unsolved Mysteries - The Ultimate Collection DVD

Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season on Amazon Instant Video
/
Season 2
/ Season 3 / Season 4 /
Season 5
/ Season 6 / Season 7 /
Season 8
/ Season 9 / Season 10 /
Season 11
/ Season 12 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina Episodes

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina - The Complete First Season Episodes on Amazon Instant Video
/ Season 2 / Season 3 / Season 4 / Season 5 / Season 6 / Season 7 / Season 8 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends DVD Set

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Unsolved Mysteries

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Comedy Central Gets Friday Talk Show; The Goldbergs Actress Releases Music Video
Fox Fall 2019 Premiere Dates; FX Sets Dates for Fall 2019 Schedule
Barney Miller Summer Fridays on Antenna TV; Tyler Perry Studios Takes Over BET with New Series
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of June 24, 2019)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Mark-Paul Gosselaar Cast in black-ish Spinoff; Urkel Makes a Return in Scooby Doo
Fri-Yay: The Amazing Superstore Season 4 Finale; Netflix Has Healing Powers
Extreme Makeover: Home Edition Returns with "Modern" Twist; Showtime Is Back to Life For New Comedy

New on DVD/Blu-ray (April/May/June)

Evening Shade - The Complete Collection Perfect Strangers - The Complete Seventh and Eighth Seasons My Three Sons - The Third Season - Volume One The Brady Bunch - 50th Anniversary The Brady-est TV & Movie Collection Will & Grace (The Revival) - Season Two

04/02 - Archer: Danger Island - The Complete Season Nine
04/09 - You're the Worst - The Complete Fifth Season
04/12 - Evening Shade - The Complete Collection
04/16 - The Big C - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
05/07 - Baskets - The Complete Season Three
05/13 - I'm Dying Up Here - Season 2
05/13 - My Three Sons - The Third Season - Volume One
05/13 - My Three Sons - The Third Season - Volume Two
05/14 - The Donna Reed Show - Seasons 1-5
05/14 - Petticoat Junction - Seasons 1-3
05/28 - Perfect Strangers - The Complete Seventh and Eighth Seasons (WBShop.com)
05/28 - South Park - The Complete Twenty-Second Season (Blu-ray)
06/04 - The Brady Bunch - 50th Anniversary The Brady-est Brady Bunch TV & Movie Collection
06/18 - Will & Grace (The Revival) - Season Two (Blu-ray)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 01-06-2019, 01:44 PM   #211
dynoguy88

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cori aka ChrisSCrush View Post
And check this:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/news/br...id=mailsignout

Burke Ramsey has on the same creepy-ass smile at his mother's funeral as he did through the entire three-part Dr. Phil special and in the two interviews following his sister's murder, one done just days later when, had an intruder been in the house, he should have been fearing for his own life!.
That video interview of him two days after his sister's death has always disturbed me. His behavior resembled nothing of what you'd expect from a child who's family member was just killed by an intruder.

Logically, a child who just experienced that traumatic event would have been scared to death that this same man would come back and kill him too. He'd be stressed, he'd be exausted from lack of sleep. He'd most likely not want to go back to that house. He'd be a complete mess. But in the interview, he's laughing, talking about his favorite video games and playing with his friends at recess. You'd think it was a completely regular day to him.

Whether a kid or adult, he just doesn't come across well in interviews.
dynoguy88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2019, 09:25 PM   #212
Cori aka ChrisSCrush

Yes, and when picked up by a family friend before the discovery of his sister's body, in the car he talked only of video games. Never asked why he was being taken or where his sister was. Perhaps it was supposed to look as if she was kidnapped and he was being removed for his own safety, but he did not act normal for those circumstances.
Cori aka ChrisSCrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2019, 10:50 PM   #213
drew790
Forum Regular

There's no such thing as normal.
drew790 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2019, 08:02 AM   #214
Babalu

Quote:
Originally Posted by dynoguy88 View Post
That video interview of him two days after his sister's death has always disturbed me. His behavior resembled nothing of what you'd expect from a child who's family member was just killed by an intruder.

Logically, a child who just experienced that traumatic event would have been scared to death that this same man would come back and kill him too. He'd be stressed, he'd be exausted from lack of sleep. He'd most likely not want to go back to that house. He'd be a complete mess. But in the interview, he's laughing, talking about his favorite video games and playing with his friends at recess. You'd think it was a completely regular day to him.

Whether a kid or adult, he just doesn't come across well in interviews.

In that first interview - which his parents tried to prevent - he also said something to the effect of that he knew what happened to Jonbenet but wasn't allowed to say.

I just nailed Mrs. Trumbull
Babalu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2019, 09:17 AM   #215
5thcorps
Frequent Poster

I'll never, ever believe that it wasn't an inside job. That kid is obviously mentally deranged. Because of how odd that family was/is, I doubt it will ever be solved and personally don't give much thought about it anymore when it's brought up. Completely bungled investigation, the media sensationalizing every aspect and the family acting so strange that they make Blair Adams seem sane.
Old 01-08-2019, 01:50 AM   #216
DazzlerSparkler
Sharon Kinne Imposter
Forum Regular

Send a message via AIM to DazzlerSparkler

Honestly I think the majority opinion is that Burke had something to do with it and Patsy covered it up.
Old 01-11-2019, 02:50 PM   #217
RebeccaWriter
Occasional Poster

Sounds like there has been another confession...police aren't really buying it though.

https://patch.com/colorado/boulder/b...ath&yptr=yahoo
RebeccaWriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2019, 11:43 PM   #218
SPD Yellow
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by DazzlerSparkler View Post
Honestly I think the majority opinion is that Burke had something to do with it and Patsy covered it up.
I lean more towards this theory, but I really wish discussions on this case focused less on Burke being weird and more on solid evidence. As someone on the Autism Spectrum, I know I have pisspoor social skills and donít always come across well to people, especially when Iím anxious or nervous. Yeah, someone acting all skittish might be proof that they did it, but it could also prove that they suffer from chronic anxiety, which probably isnít helped by some cop accusing them of doing something they didnít do.

What convinces me to lean more towards Burke, is more tangible evidence. I heard somewhere that JonBenet had drag marks on the back of her heels. Now JonBenet was six at the time of her death and probably barely weighed anything. A grown adult probably wouldnít have too much trouble carrying her body away, but a nine-year-old boy who probably barely had fifteen pounds on his sister, would have a much harder time. Hence the drag marks.
SPD Yellow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2019, 12:32 PM   #219
Todd Mueller
Keepin' it real. . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPD Yellow View Post
I lean more towards this theory, but I really wish discussions on this case focused less on Burke being weird and more on solid evidence. As someone on the Autism Spectrum, I know I have pisspoor social skills and donít always come across well to people, especially when Iím anxious or nervous. Yeah, someone acting all skittish might be proof that they did it, but it could also prove that they suffer from chronic anxiety, which probably isnít helped by some cop accusing them of doing something they didnít do.

What convinces me to lean more towards Burke, is more tangible evidence. I heard somewhere that JonBenet had drag marks on the back of her heels. Now JonBenet was six at the time of her death and probably barely weighed anything. A grown adult probably wouldnít have too much trouble carrying her body away, but a nine-year-old boy who probably barely had fifteen pounds on his sister, would have a much harder time. Hence the drag marks.
Bingo -- great points, SPD Yellow! Just because Burke was "weird" (especially if he is on the spectrum) doesn't make him guilty.

There IS plenty of evidence that what happened started and ended in that house, with the ransom note being the biggest piece of evidence. To me, the biggest clue that gets not enough discussion is the pineapple. That implies that JB was up again that night and that Burke was likely with her.

For years it bugged me about the garrote because it is so complex. But if you were Patsy and realized your son had killed your daughter and in a panic you though you would lose him too, it almost makes sense. Do whatever you can to throw blame to a crazy killer: write a ransom note, make a garrote, etc. that makes it look like only a depraved mind could have done that.

I do think it's unfair to say Burke looked guilty based on how he behaved in the interview. His sister was just killed and I don't know how any kid could process that well. But looking at the evidence, I think the likelihood that Burke was somehow involved is fairly high.
Todd Mueller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2019, 09:16 AM   #220
5thcorps
Frequent Poster

Joe Kenda, who happens to hold a national record for the highest percentage of solved homicide cases (92% of 387 and actually knows who did most of the other remaining ones, just had a lack of evidence) was approached after he retired to take the case on. He laughed at them, said "The Ramsey family put the 'fun' in dysfunctional, and LE has screwed it all up so bad that no one will ever pay for that crime." He has also hinted at an inside scenario. When the most prolific homicide man in the country says it's unsolvable without a full confession from someone than I'd take it to the bank. BTW the cruise I went on that he hosted was surreal.
5thcorps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2019, 11:07 AM   #221
Alan Brady's Hair

I know little about the case.

How does the garrote fit in? If I was trying to cover up something, it would never enter my mind to make a garrote. Was there some movie or TV show where someone did this? I think that, whoever made it, there should be another person around who knows that person is familiar with garrotes.
Alan Brady's Hair is offline   Reply With Quote