Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Unsolved Mysteries Online Main Page / Message Board / Show History / Episode Guide (1987-2002) / Expanded Episode Guide #2 / Expanded Episode Guide #3 / Case Updates / Wiki / Official Site / Lifetime Site / Lifetime Schedule / Related Links / True Crime Shows Message Board / All Other Cases Message Board / Buy The Best of Unsolved Mysteries DVD / Buy Unsolved Mysteries - The Ultimate Collection DVD

Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season on Amazon Instant Video
/
Season 2
/ Season 3 / Season 4 /
Season 5
/ Season 6 / Season 7 /
Season 8
/ Season 9 / Season 10 /
Season 11
/ Season 12 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina Episodes

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina - The Complete First Season Episodes on Amazon Instant Video
/ Season 2 / Season 3 / Season 4 / Season 5 / Season 6 / Season 7 / Season 8 / Watch on YouTube


Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends DVD Set

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Unsolved Mysteries

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of June 17, 2019)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Fall Premiere Dates for CBS; CBS and Viacom in Merger Talks Yet Again
Fri-Yay: Reaction to The Good Place Ending; Antenna TV Brings Back Webster, What's Happening!! and What's Happening Now!!
New Chip 'n' Dale Coming to Disney+ in 2020; Inside the Actors Studio Moves to Ovation and Starts with Sitcom-Themed Show
TBS Celebrates Seinfeld's 30th Anniversary; Netflix Renews Russian Doll for Season 2
Netflix Series Adds Rising Star to New Series; Corporate Gets 3rd and Final Season
Comedy Central Schedules Lights Out with David Spade; NBC's The Good Place to End After Season 4


New on DVD/Blu-ray (April/May/June)

Evening Shade - The Complete Collection Perfect Strangers - The Complete Seventh and Eighth Seasons My Three Sons - The Third Season - Volume One The Brady Bunch - 50th Anniversary The Brady-est TV & Movie Collection Will & Grace (The Revival) - Season Two

04/02 - Archer: Danger Island - The Complete Season Nine
04/09 - You're the Worst - The Complete Fifth Season
04/12 - Evening Shade - The Complete Collection
04/16 - The Big C - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
05/07 - Baskets - The Complete Season Three
05/13 - I'm Dying Up Here - Season 2
05/13 - My Three Sons - The Third Season - Volume One
05/13 - My Three Sons - The Third Season - Volume Two
05/14 - The Donna Reed Show - Seasons 1-5
05/14 - Petticoat Junction - Seasons 1-3
05/28 - Perfect Strangers - The Complete Seventh and Eighth Seasons (WBShop.com)
05/28 - South Park - The Complete Twenty-Second Season (Blu-ray)
06/04 - The Brady Bunch - 50th Anniversary The Brady-est Brady Bunch TV & Movie Collection
06/18 - Will & Grace (The Revival) - Season Two (Blu-ray)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-08-2017, 03:55 AM   #1
Emeraldkat
Member
Occasional Poster
 
Emeraldkat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 08, 2017
Location: Boulder, Colorado
Posts: 2
Default What happened to Detective Starks?

So I've browsed a lot of content on this site for quite some time, but decided to come out of the lurker category to see if anyone has any information about this. I just watched the segment on Cathy Williams-Loving and her story has a great ending, but I was left with a feeling like something was wrong. It took me a moment and I realized what it was: In the beginning of her story when she pretends to have amnesia at the police station, the thing that gets her to fess up the truth is the thought that one of her siblings could be being molested as well. Since it is unknown (as far as I can tell) if the detective's real name was used here, I did some searching around about whether any detectives in the area were ever charged with child molestation around the 1960s, 70s, or even 80s. I've come up with only one man (a white man, although that doesn't mean that isn't him) who plead guilty to molesting two girls around 2000... But that's it. None of the molestation cases seem to be relatives or children in his care that I could find, so I don't know if that is him or not. Part of me feels like this should be public knowledge by this point since this detective would be putting children in immense danger. There was obviously enough evidence to place Cathy in a loving home at the time, so you'd think there would at least be some historical news reports or information that a detective was being investigated for such a crime. Does anyone out there have any information about this?
Emeraldkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 12:00 PM   #2
LooksLikeCRicci
Likes to live in a clean house
Moderator
 
LooksLikeCRicci's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 27, 2005
Posts: 3,703
Send a message via AIM to LooksLikeCRicci Send a message via Yahoo to LooksLikeCRicci
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emeraldkat
So I've browsed a lot of content on this site for quite some time, but decided to come out of the lurker category to see if anyone has any information about this. I just watched the segment on Cathy Williams-Loving and her story has a great ending, but I was left with a feeling like something was wrong. It took me a moment and I realized what it was: In the beginning of her story when she pretends to have amnesia at the police station, the thing that gets her to fess up the truth is the thought that one of her siblings could be being molested as well. Since it is unknown (as far as I can tell) if the detective's real name was used here, I did some searching around about whether any detectives in the area were ever charged with child molestation around the 1960s, 70s, or even 80s. I've come up with only one man (a white man, although that doesn't mean that isn't him) who plead guilty to molesting two girls around 2000... But that's it. None of the molestation cases seem to be relatives or children in his care that I could find, so I don't know if that is him or not. Part of me feels like this should be public knowledge by this point since this detective would be putting children in immense danger. There was obviously enough evidence to place Cathy in a loving home at the time, so you'd think there would at least be some historical news reports or information that a detective was being investigated for such a crime. Does anyone out there have any information about this?
Welcome! I'm always excited to see people come out of lurker status to ask questions! You've come out with a great one.

I always suspected that nothing ever happened to Cathy's stepfather, as awful as that is...
LooksLikeCRicci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 12:35 PM   #3
dynoguy88
Member
Senior Member
 
dynoguy88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 01, 2000
Location: Michigan, USA
Posts: 2,856
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LooksLikeCRicci
I always suspected that nothing ever happened to Cathy's stepfather, as awful as that is...
I got the impression he was a very well respected officer or detective, who's name alone was powerful enough that people or colleagues didn't question (or want to know) what kind of a monster he truly was. But that's just a guess on my part.

As much as I love this story and the fact that it had a happy ending, it does feel rather incomplete since we don't know what exactly happened with Starks or Cathy's younger siblings once Cathy was set free and sent to live with friends in the neighborhood.
dynoguy88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 12:42 PM   #4
LooksLikeCRicci
Likes to live in a clean house
Moderator
 
LooksLikeCRicci's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 27, 2005
Posts: 3,703
Send a message via AIM to LooksLikeCRicci Send a message via Yahoo to LooksLikeCRicci
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dynoguy88
I got the impression he was a very well respected officer or detective, who's name alone was powerful enough that people or colleagues didn't question (or want to know) what kind of a monster he truly was. But that's just a guess on my part.
That was my thought, too. It would explain why the contents of Cathy's file went "missing," along with other details of the case.
LooksLikeCRicci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 02:42 PM   #5
James T
Member
Senior Member
 
James T's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 23, 2006
Location: England
Posts: 1,238
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dynoguy88
I got the impression he was a very well respected officer or detective, who's name alone was powerful enough that people or colleagues didn't question (or want to know) what kind of a monster he truly was. But that's just a guess on my part.
Just like Charles Mule.
James T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 03:01 PM   #6
bell83
You're in high school again.
Forum Regular
 
bell83's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 05, 2006
Posts: 804
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by James T
Just like Charles Mule.
Exactly. Can't stand these people that get away with s*** like this (or worse) simply because they're in positions of authority and people think "Oh, s/he'd never do that."
__________________
Acid is groovy...kill the pigs.
bell83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2017, 11:59 AM   #7
Mike82
Member
Frequent Poster
 
Join Date: Oct 19, 2017
Posts: 154
Default

This case reminds me of a night court case I lost. Even though the cop lied his butt off and I could prove my innocence with pictures, the judge ruled that I was a liar and manipulator. After all, as he said he was a 25 year police veteran. It was a surreal experience, my proof was trumped by the fact he is a supposedly respected police officer.
Mike82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2018, 02:25 PM   #8
Lit Up
Member
Occasional Poster
 
Join Date: May 19, 2018
Location: London
Posts: 11
Default

I sent her a message on social media. She said that Clifford Starks "was murdered by a woman who’s daughter he molested around 1981-82...I’m a survivor & doing well...thank you"

I wonder if we can get any records about his murder?
Lit Up is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2019, 02:29 AM   #9
DazzlerSparkler
Sharon Kinne Imposter
Forum Regular
 
DazzlerSparkler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 29, 2005
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 662
Send a message via AIM to DazzlerSparkler
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lit Up View Post
I sent her a message on social media. She said that Clifford Starks "was murdered by a woman whos daughter he molested around 1981-82...Im a survivor & doing well...thank you"

I wonder if we can get any records about his murder?

How is she? Does she still keep in touch with the officer?
__________________
And she was just gripin' and bitchin'. Just gripin' and bitchin.
Offer your shoes and receive free margaritas!
DazzlerSparkler is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:22 PM.


Frequently Asked Questions

1) How do I contact Unsolved Mysteries with information on segments?

If you any information on cases, you can contact them via:

Website: www.unsolved.com

Contact form on official Unsolved Mysteries site

Please note that their old mailing address and 1-800 phone number no longer work.


2) Where can I watch Unsolved Mysteries?

Lifetime

Lifetime Schedule / Lifetime Site

Escape Schedule / Escape Site


Although the administrators and moderators of the Sitcoms Online Message Boards will attempt to keep all objectionable messages off this forum, it is impossible for us to review all messages. All messages express the views of the author, and neither the owners of the Sitcoms Online Message Boards, nor vBulletin Solutions Inc. (developers of vBulletin) will be held responsible for the content of any message. The owners of the Sitcoms Online Message Boards reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any thread for any reason.

VigLink badge

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.