Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / News Blog / Buy TV Shows on DVD

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Site Feedback & Suggestions
User Name
Password

Headlines / New on DVD/Blu-ray
SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines:

CBS Midseason Pilot Review: Bad Teacher - Premieres Thursday, April 24; Rookie Blue Coming to ION Television in Fall 2014
Bill Cosby to Be Honored with Johnny Carson Award; SNL Celebrates 40th Anniversary in 2015
Sullivan & Son Returns with All-Star Guests; George Lopez Developing Animated Series
Review of Tonight's Devious Maids Premiere; Week 30 TV Ratings and Analysis; How the Sitcoms Did
SitcomsOnline Digest: SNL Looking to 40th Anniversary; New Mill Creek DVD Releases
The CW Summer 2014 Schedule; Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows (Week of April 21, 2014)
Episodic Review: Community - "Basic Sandwich" Airing Tonight on NBC; FX Orders 3rd Season of The Americans, Solid Start for Fargo

New on DVD/Blu-ray (April)

The Class - The Complete Series Mayberry R.F.D. - The Complete First Season Anger Management - Volume Three The Beverly Hillbillies - The Official Fourth Season Petticoat Junction - The Official Third Season Newhart - The Complete Third Season

04/01 - The Class - The Complete Series
04/01 - The Cosby Show - Seasons 3 and 4 (Mill Creek)
04/01 - The Dick Van Dyke Show - Classic Mary Tyler Moore Episodes
04/01 - I Dream of Jeannie - Seasons 1 and 2 (Mill Creek)
04/01 - Married with Children - Seasons 3 and 4 (Mill Creek)
04/01 - NewsRadio - Seasons 1 and 2 (Mill Creek)
04/08 - Holliston - The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
04/08 - Mayberry R.F.D. - The Complete First Season
04/15 - Anger Management - Volume Three (Blu-ray)
04/15 - The Beverly Hillbillies - The Official Fourth Season
04/15 - Petticoat Junction - The Official First and Second Seasons
04/15 - Petticoat Junction - The Official Third Season
04/22 - Newhart - The Complete Third Season
04/29 - Dynasty - The Eighth Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Welcome to the Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, search, view attachments, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 02-15-2013, 11:42 PM   #106
James28
Michael Jackson - DCS Leader

How about, instead of starting a topic in a new thread, a user in the forum can just use the search engine for existing threads focusing on the said topic and posting his comment about the said topic in that existing thread?

"When the run of a network TV show has ended, some go out with a bang, some with a whimper, but all are...Future Endeavored."
Old 02-16-2013, 12:03 AM   #107
Furienna

But that's the problem: People started complaining about others bumping old threads. While you can also be reprimanded for doing the opposite (making a new thread about a topic, which already has a thread).
Old 02-16-2013, 12:35 AM   #108
tiredmike59

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Thong
If responding to threads of a certain age is frowned upon, then threads should be deleted once they've reached x number of years old or...they should be archived with no option to reply to them.

I don't see the problem with replying to and reviving an old thread if someone has something to say and wants to see if anyone else does either.
I am an old thread,I should be deleted.
Old 02-16-2013, 01:21 AM   #109
Sterling Holobyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Thong
I don't see the problem with replying to and reviving an old thread if someone has something to say and wants to see if anyone else does either.

I agree.
Besides, sometimes it is nice to see those old threads... Reminisce about the old times.

---------------------------------------------------
Yoda: "Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny."

My 2nd First Blog:http://saturdaymorningfunnies.wordpress.com/
Old 02-16-2013, 10:55 AM   #110
Dr. Thong
a/k/a "ACK!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sterling Holobyte
I agree.
Besides, sometimes it is nice to see those old threads... Reminisce about the old times.

Old 08-06-2013, 11:55 AM   #111
Frump

Quote:
Originally Posted by yayaya
I agree.

Really, I do. I get your point. I am a member on another forum (have been for over 10 years) and one of the rules there is your post must contribute to the conversation. There are no one word posts allowed such as:

LOL
ITA (I too agree)
Really?
Why?
WTH?
No
Yes

nor can you just post, "I agree". There has to be something on topic that pertains to the subject matter. It cuts down on unnecessary posting that adds nothing to the conversation so there is a smooth flow for reading. Anyone who does that, has their posts immediately deleted.

JMO on this matter.

I know this is over a year old, but I was just reading here, this is my first time on this particualr forum. But I agree with this,, I HATE one-word replies.

I hate posting a topic and someone just replies with, "no" or "ok"

I think a 5 word min. would be good, I just sooo hate one or two word responses/

Last edited by Frump : 08-06-2013 at 12:13 PM.
Old 08-06-2013, 12:33 PM   #112
TVFactFan
Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frump
I know this is over a year old, but I was just reading here, this is my first time on this particualr forum. But I agree with this,, I HATE one-word replies.

I hate posting a topic and someone just replies with, "no" or "ok"

I think a 5 word min. would be good, I just sooo hate one or two word responses/

Sometimes people lose site that it's a discussion form and not a TEXT RESPONSE
Old 08-06-2013, 01:45 PM   #113
Frump

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVFactFan
Sometimes people lose site that it's a discussion form and not a TEXT RESPONSE

I even hate that stuff in texting.

It's so annoying to write someone a whole paragraph, pour out a whole situation to them and they just reply with, "ok", or "lol" or "OIC" gggrrr lol

I think at Youtube there is like a 3 word min. which is good.
Old 08-06-2013, 02:06 PM   #114
Furienna

Well, I'm okay with the occasional short reply. If the whole thread consists of those, then we might have problem, but not otherwise.
Old 08-06-2013, 02:47 PM   #115
Frump

And about the OT about reviving old, ancient threads, I guess I can see both sides. I know sometimes when I come onto a forum for the first time... like on this particualr on for e.g. ... Sometimes I like to just scroll way back and read ancient threads and see what ppl were discussing years and years ago, and sometimes I will see an old topic that will peek my interest so I might give my 2 cents on it.... sometimes forgetting that what I'm replying to might be from a year like 2002 or 2003 lol
Old 08-06-2013, 03:23 PM   #116
TVFactFan
Forum Legend

I am a member of a site now that doesn't allow you to type one word replies and can't respond to old threads
Old 08-06-2013, 03:42 PM   #117
Frump

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVFactFan
I am a member of a site now that doesn't allow you to type one word replies and can't respond to old threads

That would prolly be the best thing. I mean if the mods and admins don't want you to reply to older threads then they should maybe make the read-only archieved like where you can read them but not be able to respond to them.

But it IS a fine line. I know some forums I have been on don't want you to make a duplicate thread or a thread that's similar to one that already exists, yet they also dont like to to bring older threads back to life, so what do you do? lol

My thinking on that has always been, if I don't find a thread similar to one I'm wanting to post on the 1st 2 pages, I make a new one, I don't like having to dig back through TONS and TONS and years worth of posts trying to find one that's similar to what I'm wanting to discuss, which is at one forum what they expected us to do.
Old 08-09-2013, 03:57 AM   #118
Schmoopie
Forum Veteran
Superbowl Bound! Go Hawks!

Location: The Emerald City-The home of 2014 NFC Championship Seattle Seahawks!

I love reviving old threads to be honest and my thought is that any thread that the moderators don't want people replying to should just be closed. That's the easiest way to solve this.
Old 08-10-2013, 01:51 PM   #119
Frump

Just curious what are some of the older threads that have been revived most reccently? Any from the 90s? lol