Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Soaps Photo Gallery

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Soaps
User Name
Password

Welcome to the Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, search, view attachments, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of October 23, 2017)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Another Attempt at a Magnum P.I. Reboot?; New Warner Archive Releases for November
Fri-Yay: How Are This Season's Sitcoms Doing?; COZI TV's 3rd Annual Munster-thon
Freeform Announces Comedy Block for Wednesdays; The Simpsons Documentary Airs on Fox Sunday
COZI TV to Air Mary Tyler Moore, Dick Van Dyke Specials; Roseanne Revival Gets Underway for ABC
Wyatt Cenac Heads to HBO Comedy Series; Nat Geo Acquires Running Wild with Bear Grylls
New Comedy for Sundance Now Service from Peep Show Stars; Showtime's SMILF Gets Set for Premiere

New on DVD/Blu-ray (October)

2 Broke Girls - The Complete Series The Good Place - The Complete First Season Green Acres - The Complete Series Rhoda - The Final (Fifth) Season The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Fourth Season

10/03 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Sixth Season
10/03 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Series
10/03 - Rules of Engagement - Seasons 1-4 Collection
10/10 - The Brady Bunch - A Very Brady Christmas
10/10 - Everybody Hates Chris - The Complete Series
10/10 - Frasier - Christmas Episodes
10/10 - The Honeymooners - Christmas Laughter
10/10 - Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - The Christmas Episodes
10/17 - The Good Place - The Complete First Season
10/17 - Green Acres - The Complete Series
10/17 - Rhoda - The Final (Fifth) Season
10/24 - The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Fourth Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 05-04-2017, 04:07 PM   #1
JamesG
Forum Celebrity
Freakshow

TV "Y&R's" Greg Rikaart Joins "Days"

Y&R Exit Shocker: Greg Rikaart Leaving after 14 Years
by Michael Ausiello
May 4, 2017

It’s the end of an era at "The Young and the Restless". TVLine has learned exclusively that Daytime Emmy winner Greg Rikaart — who has played reformed perp Kevin Fisher on TV’s No. 1 soap for the past 14 years — will exit the CBS sudser later this summer.

Although reps for Y&R and Rikaart declined to comment, sources confirm that The Powers That Be opted not to renew Rikaart’s contract.

When Rikaart debuted in 2003, his Internet predator character was only slated to appear on a short-term basis. But fans took to his villainous alter ego and Y&R subsequently signed him to a contract.

Kevin has long since been redeemed, now works for the Genoa City Police and recently found out that he’s the father of on-again/off-again wife Chloe’s daughter.

Rikaart will continue to tape episodes through June, with his swan song slated to air in August. Rumor has it that exec producer Mal Young and head writer Sally Sussman are leaving the door open for Kevin to return down the line (i.e. he’s not getting killed off).

http://tvline.com/2017/05/04/the-you...g-kevin-exits/
Attached Images

Last edited by JamesG : 10-10-2017 at 08:46 PM.
Old 05-04-2017, 10:05 PM   #2
JamesG
Forum Celebrity
Freakshow

Greg Rikaart Confirms Y&R Departure: "I Am Sad to Leave"
by Michael Ausiello
May 4, 2017

Greg Rikaart revealed via Instagram that he will soon bid farewell to CBS’ "The Young and the Restless".

Quote:
Fourteen years ago, I booked a two-week long gig on The Young and the Restless. In my wildest dreams, I could never have imagined what it would turn into: a career-defining experience that has brought me so much happiness and fulfillment.

Playing Kevin and watching him evolve over the years has mirrored my real life in so many ways. We’ve both found love, both became dads and we both have more gray hair now then we did in 2003. I have such love and fondness for the cast and crew of Y&R that when I watch Kevin enjoying himself in scenes, it’s hard to know where he ends and Greg begins.

At the moment it is unclear what lies ahead for Kevin and I, as we will be saying goodbye to Genoa City for a while. I am sad to leave a place I hold so dear but also really excited about what the future holds. I cannot overstate how much gratitude I have to all of you who have been such loud cheerleaders for me. You’ve all enriched my life. So stick around.

The journey is just beginning.

http://tvline.com/2017/05/04/greg-ri...-kevin-leaves/
Old 09-13-2017, 04:20 PM   #3
JamesG
Forum Celebrity
Freakshow

Greg Rikaart is Returning to "Y&R"
by Lynette Rice
Sept. 13, 2017

EW has learned exclusively that Greg Rikaart, who left the CBS sudser in the spring after the producers declined to renew his contract, will return to Genoa City for a two-week gig starting Sept. 20.

He’s only supposed to appear for a few episodes but… who knows what the tide will bring?

http://ew.com/tv/2017/09/13/young-an...art-returning/
Old 09-13-2017, 08:37 PM   #4
mets82

That's good. I like Kevin.

Please check out my blog. I vent on all things. TV, sports etc. you name it. Its also a work in progress. Check out and see what you think.
Old 10-10-2017, 08:48 PM   #5
JamesG
Forum Celebrity
Freakshow

"Y&R" Vet Greg Rikaart Joins "Days"
by Michael Ausiello
Oct. 10, 2017

"Days of Our Lives" fans have a new mystery to unravel: Who the heck is Emmy winner Greg Rikaart playing?!

TVLine has learned exclusively that "The Young and the Restless" vet is joining the NBC soap this spring for a multi-episode arc. A "Days" rep confirmed the casting, but declined to offer details on Rikaart’s character.

Rikaart’s move to Salem comes five months after he was let go from Y&R following a 14-year run playing reformed perp Kevin Fisher, although he continues to make occasional guest appearances.

According to sources, Rikaart’s new "Days" gig will not prevent him from continuing to recur on "Y&R".

http://tvline.com/2017/10/10/greg-ri...ves-2018-cast/
Old 10-10-2017, 08:58 PM   #6
tlc38tlc38
Knock! Knock!

^Hmmm Could he possibly be the new E.J.?
Old 10-11-2017, 09:44 PM   #7
mikey0581
Frequent Poster

he would make a good new EJ. i just started watching Young and the restless and hes such a good actor.
Old 10-12-2017, 02:40 PM   #8
tvfreak1987
Forum Regular

I can't see him as EJ at all. I think he's either a long lost Horton/Brady or a completely new character.