Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Three's Company (Sitcoms Online) / PB's Three's Company Page: Jack's Bistro / Three's Company links and theme songs at Sitcoms Online / Three's Company Photo Gallery

Three's Company - Season 1

Buy Three's Company - Season 1 on DVD
Three's Company - Season 2

Buy Three's Company - Season 2 on DVD
Three's Company - Season 3

Buy Three's Company - Season 3 on DVD
Three's Company - Season 4

Buy Three's Company - Season 4 on DVD
Three's Company - Season 5

Buy Three's Company - Season 5 on DVD
Three's Company - Season 6

Buy Three's Company - Season 6 on DVD
Three's Company - Season 7

Buy Three's Company - Season 7 on DVD
Three's Company - Season 8

Buy Three's Company - Season 8 on DVD
Three's Company - Capturing the Laughter - Jack's Favroties

Buy Three's Company - Capturing the Laughter - Jack's Favorites on DVD
Three's Company - Capturing the Laughter - Janet's Favroties

Buy Three's Company - Capturing the Laughter - Janet's Favorites on DVD
Three's Company - The Complete Series - Come and Knock on Our Door Collection

Buy Three's Company - The Complete Series - Come and Knock on Our Door Collection on DVD

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > 1970s Sitcoms > Three's Company

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Bounce Sitcom In The Cut Premieres Season 5; Conan Returns to Comic-Con for 5th Year
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of July 15, 2019)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Reboot of The Flintstones in the Works (Again); Amazon Orders New Comedy Series
Fri-Yay: The End of Friends on Netflix; Remembering Rip Torn of The Larry Sanders Show and Disney Channel Star Cameron Boyce
Valerie Bertinelli to Host Food Network Series; Netflix Gets Katherine Heigl for Firefly Lane
WarnerMedia Announces HBO Max for 2020 with Friends, Fresh Prince & More; IMDb Gets First Scripted Series
COZI TV Schedules Two The Office Stunts; Adult Swim Picks Up New Seasons of Animated Comedies

New on DVD/Blu-ray (May/June/July)

My Three Sons - The Third Season - Volume One Perfect Strangers - The Complete Seventh and Eighth Seasons The Brady Bunch - 50th Anniversary The Brady-est TV & Movie Collection Will & Grace (The Revival) - Season Two The Good Place - The Complete Third Season

05/07 - Baskets - The Complete Season Three
05/13 - I'm Dying Up Here - Season 2
05/13 - My Three Sons - The Third Season - Volume One
05/13 - My Three Sons - The Third Season - Volume Two
05/14 - The Donna Reed Show - Seasons 1-5
05/14 - Petticoat Junction - Seasons 1-3
05/28 - Perfect Strangers - The Complete Seventh and Eighth Seasons (WBShop.com)
05/28 - South Park - The Complete Twenty-Second Season (Blu-ray)
06/04 - The Brady Bunch - 50th Anniversary The Brady-est Brady Bunch TV & Movie Collection
06/18 - Will & Grace (The Revival) - Season Two (Blu-ray)
07/09 - Broad City - Season 5
07/09 - Broad City - The Complete Series
07/17 - The Practice (1976) - The Complete Series
07/30 - The Good Place - The Complete Third Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 06-15-2019, 03:36 AM   #1
TheLittleFaerie
Frequent Poster

Default Modern day 3's Company spin-off

I always wondered how a spin-off would be about Janet and Chrissy reuniting in TODAY'S time and end up moving back into their old apartment.

Janet and Chrissy now in their late 60s or early 70s both out of marriages, perhaps divorced or widowed? Decide to move back into the old apartment they lived in many years ago and be roommates again. Would have sorta a Golden Girl theme to it possibly. I dunno what would be said about Jack.
TheLittleFaerie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2019, 01:40 PM   #2
JackJanetChrissy
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLittleFaerie View Post
I always wondered how a spin-off would be about Janet and Chrissy reuniting in TODAY'S time and end up moving back into their old apartment.

Janet and Chrissy now in their late 60s or early 70s both out of marriages, perhaps divorced or widowed? Decide to move back into the old apartment they lived in many years ago and be roommates again. Would have sorta a Golden Girl theme to it possibly. I dunno what would be said about Jack.

It wouldn't be the same without John Ritter, but maybe Larry could move in with them? That would be fun. Maybe the three of them could be the landlords of the building, or run some kind of business together where they'd interact with younger people. What would be funny is watching the hip, cool young kids of 1977 be just as baffled by today's young people as Mr. Roper and Furley were baffled by them back then! I would totally watch this.
JackJanetChrissy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2019, 02:17 PM   #3
JSP

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackJanetChrissy View Post
It wouldn't be the same without John Ritter, but maybe Larry could move in with them? That would be fun. Maybe the three of them could be the landlords of the building, or run some kind of business together where they'd interact with younger people. What would be funny is watching the hip, cool young kids of 1977 be just as baffled by today's young people as Mr. Roper and Furley were baffled by them back then! I would totally watch this.
Yeah, they might as well try this out. At worst it gets canceled after six episodes, but hello, welcome to Hollywood, where most things donít run beyond six episodes.
JSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2019, 09:54 PM   #4
TheLittleFaerie
Frequent Poster

Since Suzanne and Joyce are on good terms now, I thought it could work
Old 06-16-2019, 01:36 AM   #5
SitcomsHeydayfan

Quote:

This would bomb HORRIBLY. Young people nowadays are too busy on their stupid cellphones & tablets or getting triggered on social media to care about a show like this.

Plus you forget how valuable Jack was to the show. Jack having died will cast a dark shadow on this show from the very start!
SitcomsHeydayfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2019, 04:17 AM   #6
TheLittleFaerie
Frequent Poster

As a fan of 3's Company, I'd watch something like this, of course it would be that "today" effect. I like what the other poster said about having Janet and Chrissy baffled with some of the newer generations ideas... BUT it should definitely keep certain charms that made Three's Company a classic.

I could see Janet as having evolved into the traditional type grandmother and who has a grandchild or 2, and Janet has learned to cook at some point. But at the same time, maybe prefers her grandchildren to call her "Nana" or something other than "grandma" b/c Janet also had a modern sense to her style as well.

I think Chrissy would be very Rose Nylund-like

As for Jack.... I'm not sure what would be done, if they would say Jack's character had passed away to parallel John Ritter in real life, or could they bring in another actor to play Jack? The only other person I could have ever seen playing Jack would have been Chevy Chase, I think he could have actually done a good job. Or just leave Jack un spoken of, or maybe they just don't know whatever became of him, and just have Janet and Chrissy occasionally saying, "What EVER became of Jack I wonder!" Or maybe Jack passing away could be what reunites Janet and Chrissy, they both show up to attend his funeral.

Like the other poster said, I could see something like this doing well maybe for 5 or 6 episodes lol
Old 06-16-2019, 02:24 PM   #7
JackJanetChrissy
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by SitcomsHeydayfan View Post
Young people nowadays are too busy on their stupid cellphones & tablets or getting triggered on social media to care about a show like this.

Mr. Roper, is that you? Go look at some plumbing magazines and drink some hot cocoa and call us in the morning
JackJanetChrissy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2019, 01:42 AM   #8
SitcomsHeydayfan

Quote:
I could see something like this doing well maybe for 5 or 6 episodes lol
Yeah, that's the key. It would last only 5 or 6 episodes!��

A show like this would quickly run out of ideas and wouldn't appeal to the vast majority of the crybaby politically correct audience & critics out there there days! Plus Jack's absence is HUGE! Like a grand piano on their backs!

If you could bring back Furley or the Ropers then I would say this could last one or 2 seasons. The Ropers are long gone yet amazingly Don Knotts OUTLIVED John by YEARS!

Who would've thought that back in the 80s or even 90s?? Furley looked old enough to be Jack's father in the show yet he outlived Jack!
SitcomsHeydayfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2019, 05:14 PM   #9
BuffaloBill
Forum Regular

We've already seen this scenario back in the 80's for something called the Golden Girls ....

Who would be their 3rd room mate - Greedy Gretchen
BuffaloBill is offline   Reply With Quote