Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Games / Movies / Music / Sports / Random Posts / Politics

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Chit Chat > Chit Chat - Sports

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

The History of Comedy Returns to CNN; Showtime Gets First Late Night Talk Show
Showtime Gets Don Cheadle Comedy; HBO Special Directed by Jerrod Carmichael Coming Soon
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of June 18, 2018)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Roseanne Spinoff One Step Closer to Reality; Netflix to Air New Season of Lucifer
Fri-Yay: Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt Finally Finds Its Best Self; All About the Washingtons with Rev Run Coming to Netflix
Paramount Network Comedy Scores in Ratings; Stan Against Evil Returns on Halloween for Season 3
WGN America Picks Up Two Original Series; Pop TV Orders New Comedy Florida Girls
Seinfeld's Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee Returns; Canceled CBS Sitcoms Return on Saturday Nights
Jim Carrey Comedy and Shameless Premiere Sept. 9; Sabrina Star Gets GSN Game Show
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of June 11, 2018)

New on DVD/Blu-ray (June)

Living Single - The Complete Fifth Season Step by Step - The Complete First Season Will & Grace (The Revival) - Season One Perfect Strangers - The Complete Fourth Season Last Man Standing - The Complete Sixth Season

06/05 - Living Single - The Complete Fifth Season
06/05 - New Girl - The Complete Sixth Season
06/05 - South Park - The Complete Twenty-First Season (Blu-ray)
06/12 - Fresh Off the Boat - The Complete Fourth Season
06/12 - Life in Pieces - The Complete Third Season
06/12 - The Office - The Complete Series
06/12 - Speechless - The Complete First Season
06/12 - Speechless - The Complete Second Season
06/12 - Step by Step - The Complete First Season
06/12 - Will & Grace (The Revival) - Season One (Blu-ray)
06/19 - Perfect Strangers - The Complete Fourth Season
06/26 - Last Man Standing - The Complete Fifth Season
06/26 - Last Man Standing - The Complete Sixth Season
06/26 - The Mick - The Complete First Season
06/26 - The Mick - The Complete Second Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 04-11-2018, 01:27 PM   #1
Sal

Default NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs 2018

The NHL's Stanley Cup Playoffs begin tonight with 16 teams going on a 2 month journey to win the oldest and toughest to win trophy in pro sports: the Stanley Cup. The games will be seen in the US on NBC and NBCSN while in Canada you can see the games on CBC and Sportsnet. I'll have the schedules for both channels but first my fearless predictions:

WESTERN CONFERENCE

VEGAS vs LOS ANGELES

The Vegas Golden Knights shocked the hockey world by setting multiple franchise records for first-year expansion teams and as a result have become an early and surprising potential Cup favourite. The Kings have won the Cup before but this team may be too old and slow to handle a hungrier and faster Vegas team.

Prediction: Vegas in 6

NASHVILLE vs COLORADO

Another early Cup favourite facing another of the league's pleasant surprises. This time I see the experience factor winning out as Nashville is just too good in all areas of the game to get much resistance from the Avalanche. Next year, I could see Colorado taking this series, but for now, they're just not ready yet.

Nashville in 5

SAN JOSE vs ANAHEIM

The battle of California between two of the best teams in the West that for me is simply too close to call. This will come down to the very end and I see the Sharks winning because I think they are the better team.

San Jose in 7

WINNIPEG vs MINNESOTA

Canada's "other" team has been getting a lot of support from Canadians who see the Jets as a potential Cup champion and a solid hope to end Canada's long Cup drought which goes back to 1993. They do have a very good team but they have to beat a lot of tough opponents along the way. The Wild don't figure to be one of them so it's very likely the Jets win this series easily but if there's going to be an upset along the way, I would love it if it happened here.

Minnesota in 6

EASTERN CONFERENCE

TAMPA BAY vs NEW JERSEY

The Devils make the playoffs for the first time in six years and as their reward, they get to face one of the top teams in the East in Tampa Bay that is expected to go very far in this post-season. This series will only be a minor speed bump along the way. There's no way in hell that the Devils can win this series.

Tampa in 4

WASHINGTON vs COLUMBUS

Another potential mismatch. Columbus can't seem to get a break. Last year, they were beaten badly by the champion Pens. This year, they get the Caps, led by Alex Ovechkin, who seems to get stronger and more determined each season. Only a miracle can stop him this time, or failing that, another series with Pittsburgh.

Caps in 5

PHILADELPHIA vs PITTSBURGH

This series will be an all-out war between two teams and cities that hate each other so much that the trash-talking on both sides is expected to reach epic levels. A lot of it will be directed at Sidney Crosby, who is still the best player on the planet, and this is the big stage where he will prove it yet again. This series should come down to the very last shot and the Penguins simply have more ammunition.

Pittsburgh in 7

BOSTON vs TORONTO

The Leafs go back to the scene of the crime to try to erase the horrifying nightmare of Game 7 in 2013. This year, they look to be better prepared with a faster, younger, and more exciting team to watch. The Bruins have also gone to a younger group after a couple of disappointing seasons and it has paid off in a season that saw them get to within one point of first place. They will be the heavy favourites in this series because of the standings and because of that previous series but I prefer not to think about all of that. I'm going with my team all the way!

Leafs in 6

As I promised above, here is the TV schedule for all the games in all the series in Round 1.

TV Schedule (US and Canada) for Round 1 (Note: SN refers to Sportsnet.)

No matter where you watch the games or which teams you follow and cheer for, each series will start on a horribly sad note. As you may have heard by now, last Friday before a playoff game of their own, the Humboldt Broncos junior team was involved in a terrible crash in which their team bus collided with another vehicle and left the bus completely wrecked. In the crash, 15 people died and 14 were badly wounded and are still in hospital. NHL teams have offered their assistance and prayers to try to help the citizens of Humboldt and last Saturday's season finales offered many touching tributes to the fallen hockey stars. To date, the #GoFundMe charity promotion which was started on Twitter in wake of the tragedy has raised over 6 million dollars and counting from people worldwide. I have posted their team logo as my avatar as my own little tribute to the team. The suffering continues but the games will still go on, but this year, it won't feel the same.
Old 04-11-2018, 10:43 PM   #2
robyrob
certified wackball#3
Forum Legend

WESTERN CONFERENCE

VEGAS beats LOS ANGELES in 5

NASHVILLE beats COLORADO in 6

SAN JOSE beats ANAHEIM in 6

WINNIPEG beats MINNESOTA in 6

EASTERN CONFERENCE

TAMPA BAY beats NEW JERSEY in 4

WASHINGTON upset by COLUMBUS in 7

PITTSBURGH beats PHILADELPHIA in 6 (hoping the Flyers wear down the injury-ridden Pens, but the Crosby Rule will prevail)

BOSTON loses to TORONTO in 6
robyrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2018, 08:40 PM   #3
MrCleveland
Drew Carey from Hell
Forum Veteran

If Vegas wins it all...many expansion teams should look to the Golden Knights on how to form an expansion team...I'm looking at you Cleveland Browns!

Lee Hazlewood (1929-2007)
MrCleveland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2018, 01:50 PM   #4
opus
VB
Forum Veteran

Location: New York; but ideally Apt. 402 in Indy (for 8 years)

Game 4 of Tampa Bay-New Jersey tonight will be carried tonight nationally in the U.S. on The Golf Channel.

Because, sure, you know, why not.
opus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2018, 07:17 PM   #5
robyrob
certified wackball#3
Forum Legend

i like Tampa Bay - but that is still not enough to make me watch the Golf Channel.

Leafs vs Bruins and Caps vs CBJ tonight - hoping we get two game 7's

for second round, I think Nashville will beat the Jets in 6, Las Vegas beats the Sharks in 7, and I'll hold off on calling the Eastern Conference until we know who's through to next round (although I'll say that Tampa Bay will win in 5 games).
robyrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2018, 10:11 PM   #6
opus
VB
Forum Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by robyrob

Leafs vs Bruins and Caps vs CBJ tonight - hoping we get two game 7's
Well, one out of two ain't bad.

Go Leafs Go.
Old 04-24-2018, 12:08 PM   #7
irehtman

Well, so far, Maple Leafs-Bruins series is the only First Round series this season not yet finished! So it's do or die for either team on tomorrow's Game 7!
irehtman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2018, 04:43 PM   #8
Sal

Prediction: Boston's next game will be on The Golf Channel. Leafs take Game 7 4-2. Bring on the Lightning!
Sal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2018, 11:04 AM   #9
irehtman

Do or die in tonight's Toronto-Boston Game 7 at TD Garden!
irehtman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2018, 11:59 AM   #10
SitcomsHeydayfan
Frequent Poster

Hopefully the Capitals can FINALY beat the Penguins & get to the Conference finals for the first time in 20 years!
SitcomsHeydayfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2018, 05:28 PM   #11
retroTVfan4ever

Well too bad for the May Pole Leafs, maybe they can do better next year.

The next series I'm most interested to see is San Jose vs. Las Vegas, should be interesting. Nashville vs. Winnipeg should be interesting too. The East Conference series I'm not as interested in.
retroTVfan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2018, 03:11 PM   #12
opus
VB
Forum Veteran

I hope someone tells San Jose Game 2 is tonight. No one seemed to notify them there was a game 1.
Old 04-28-2018, 03:24 PM   #13
SitcomsHeydayfan
Frequent Poster

If game 1 against the Penguins is any indication it looks like it's the old Capitals who'll get knocked out of the 2nd round for the zillionth time. But they could use this bad start to motivate themselves & turn things around!

Caps in 6 or 7!
SitcomsHeydayfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2018, 03:31 PM   #14
Sal

Quote:
Originally Posted by opus
I hope someone tells San Jose Game 2 is tonight. No one seemed to notify them there was a game 1.

Either that or they haven't been paying attention. That Vegas team is scary! I'm calling Vegas to face Pittsburgh in the Finals. By that time, both Winnipeg and Boston will be gone and I can enjoy watching the games again. Vegas vs Pittsburgh would be a great series for any hockey fan to watch no matter who you cheer for, but at this point I'm still not sure who would win it.
Sal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2018, 06:37 PM   #15
MrCleveland
Drew Carey from Hell
Forum Veteran

Oh No

Well...

...The Blue Jackets are out, so...Go Penguins!
MrCleveland is offline   Reply With Quote