Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / News Blog / Buy TV Shows on DVD

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

The Donna Reed Show links and theme songs at Sitcoms Online / The Donna Reed Show Photo Gallery

The Donna Reed Show - Season One

Buy The Donna Reed Show - Season One on DVD
The Donna Reed Show - Season Two

Buy The Donna Reed Show - Season Two on DVD
The Donna Reed Show - Season Three

Buy The Donna Reed Show - Season Three on DVD
The Donna Reed Show - Season Four

Buy The Donna Reed Show - Season Four on DVD
The Donna Reed Show - Season Five

Buy The Donna Reed Show - Season Five on DVD
The Donna Reed Show - Family Favorites

Buy The Donna Reed Show - Family Favorites on DVD

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > 1960s Sitcoms > The Donna Reed Show
User Name
Password

Headlines / New on DVD/Blu-ray
SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines:

CBS Midseason Pilot Review: Bad Teacher - Premieres Thursday, April 24; Rookie Blue Coming to ION Television in Fall 2014
Bill Cosby to Be Honored with Johnny Carson Award; SNL Celebrates 40th Anniversary in 2015
Sullivan & Son Returns with All-Star Guests; George Lopez Developing Animated Series
Review of Tonight's Devious Maids Premiere; Week 30 TV Ratings and Analysis; How the Sitcoms Did
SitcomsOnline Digest: SNL Looking to 40th Anniversary; New Mill Creek DVD Releases
The CW Summer 2014 Schedule; Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows (Week of April 21, 2014)
Episodic Review: Community - "Basic Sandwich" Airing Tonight on NBC; FX Orders 3rd Season of The Americans, Solid Start for Fargo

New on DVD/Blu-ray (April)

The Class - The Complete Series Mayberry R.F.D. - The Complete First Season Anger Management - Volume Three The Beverly Hillbillies - The Official Fourth Season Petticoat Junction - The Official Third Season Newhart - The Complete Third Season

04/01 - The Class - The Complete Series
04/01 - The Cosby Show - Seasons 3 and 4 (Mill Creek)
04/01 - The Dick Van Dyke Show - Classic Mary Tyler Moore Episodes
04/01 - I Dream of Jeannie - Seasons 1 and 2 (Mill Creek)
04/01 - Married with Children - Seasons 3 and 4 (Mill Creek)
04/01 - NewsRadio - Seasons 1 and 2 (Mill Creek)
04/08 - Holliston - The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
04/08 - Mayberry R.F.D. - The Complete First Season
04/15 - Anger Management - Volume Three (Blu-ray)
04/15 - The Beverly Hillbillies - The Official Fourth Season
04/15 - Petticoat Junction - The Official First and Second Seasons
04/15 - Petticoat Junction - The Official Third Season
04/22 - Newhart - The Complete Third Season
04/29 - Dynasty - The Eighth Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Welcome to the Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, search, view attachments, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 01-07-2013, 07:27 PM   #16
Jude The Obscure
Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kasey
If MPI remasters the first three seasons for a box set, I would definitely double-dip on those. Isn't there some sort of residuals issue with Seasons 6 & 7 because of the Bob Crane estate? Isn't that the reason those seasons weren't shown on Nick@Nite?

If there isn't, I really hope Sony will let them go or at least release them themselves through their MOD program. There are some music issues though, for example, the Lesley Gore episode.

MPI managed to clear the hurdles for season 4 and 5 regarding the music.
Old 05-15-2013, 09:10 AM   #17
stevea
Forum Regular

Bad news for 6-8--just noticed the MeTV is showing only S1-S5. They recycle to S1 in a few weeks. I think S7 is one of the so-called lost seasons, too (like S4 was).
Old 05-17-2013, 11:06 AM   #18
Jude The Obscure
Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevea
Bad news for 6-8--just noticed the MeTV is showing only S1-S5. They recycle to S1 in a few weeks. I think S7 is one of the so-called lost seasons, too (like S4 was).

s6-8 was never ever part of the Me-TV deal since Sony owns those seasons.
Old 11-04-2013, 10:15 PM   #19
bliss
Forum Regular
THAT GIRL

I may have a change of heart and buy season 6 DVD if available. I detest Trisha but the late Bob Crane and the actress who played Midge become regulars.

Plus Shelley (Mary) returns for a few episodes!!!!
Old 11-04-2013, 10:16 PM   #20
bliss
Forum Regular
THAT GIRL

Quote:

Are all the season 2 episodes unedited on MeTV? I know that some were on the DVD set.
Old 11-05-2013, 09:13 AM   #21
stevea
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jude The Obscure
s6-8 was never ever part of the Me-TV deal since Sony owns those seasons.
They may pick these seasons up from Sony, since they are adding other 'missing' seasons, such as Bob Newhart. (Yeah, I doubt it, too...but we can hope!)
Old 11-21-2013, 07:06 PM   #22
Jude The Obscure
Retired

Quote:
They may pick these seasons up from Sony, since they are adding other 'missing' seasons, such as Bob Newhart. (Yeah, I doubt it, too...but we can hope!)

Since Sony has not converted seasons 6-8 to digital format from the 35 mm masters, they cannot issue these seasons in syndication.
Old 11-21-2013, 07:07 PM   #23
Jude The Obscure
Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by bliss
Are all the season 2 episodes unedited on MeTV? I know that some were on the DVD set.

all the season 2 episodes are sourced from the DVD set issued by Virgil Films (and now controlled by MPI).
Old 11-22-2013, 03:06 PM   #24
stevea
Forum Regular

Quote:
Since Sony has not converted seasons 6-8 to digital format from the 35 mm masters, they cannot issue these seasons in syndication.
I would really hope that Sony does not remaster these (we know they converted at least 2 season 8 episodes for a General Mills DVD about 10 years ago, and they were dismal), since they would just pull the syndication or daytime prints and use those.
Old 11-23-2013, 11:04 PM   #25
bliss
Forum Regular
THAT GIRL

Quote:
all the season 2 episodes are sourced from the DVD set issued by Virgil Films (and now controlled by MPI).

Thanks. Interesting to know. Too bad that's the only available option out there at the moment for MeTV.
It's been a few years since I've watched my season 2 set but I did remember an episode I liked about the Jeff's teacher played by the 2nd Mrs. Wilson. I believe that was syndicated print.