Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Flo (Sitcoms Online) / Flo links and theme songs at Sitcoms Online / Flo Photo Gallery / Alice Message Board / Alice Photo Gallery

Flo - The Complete Series

Buy Flo - The Complete Series (WBShop.com) on DVD
(Amazon.com)

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > 1980s Sitcoms > Flo

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

NBC Fall 2019 Premiere Dates; The CW Fall 2019 Premiere Dates
Netflix Gets Funny with Pranks with Stranger Things Star; Gabrielle Union and Jessica Alba Series Gets 2nd Season
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of June 17, 2019)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Fall Premiere Dates for CBS; CBS and Viacom in Merger Talks Yet Again
Fri-Yay: Reaction to The Good Place Ending; Antenna TV Brings Back Webster, What's Happening!! and What's Happening Now!!
New Chip 'n' Dale Coming to Disney+ in 2020; Inside the Actors Studio Moves to Ovation and Starts with Sitcom-Themed Show
TBS Celebrates Seinfeld's 30th Anniversary; Netflix Renews Russian Doll for Season 2

New on DVD/Blu-ray (April/May/June)

Evening Shade - The Complete Collection Perfect Strangers - The Complete Seventh and Eighth Seasons My Three Sons - The Third Season - Volume One The Brady Bunch - 50th Anniversary The Brady-est TV & Movie Collection Will & Grace (The Revival) - Season Two

04/02 - Archer: Danger Island - The Complete Season Nine
04/09 - You're the Worst - The Complete Fifth Season
04/12 - Evening Shade - The Complete Collection
04/16 - The Big C - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
05/07 - Baskets - The Complete Season Three
05/13 - I'm Dying Up Here - Season 2
05/13 - My Three Sons - The Third Season - Volume One
05/13 - My Three Sons - The Third Season - Volume Two
05/14 - The Donna Reed Show - Seasons 1-5
05/14 - Petticoat Junction - Seasons 1-3
05/28 - Perfect Strangers - The Complete Seventh and Eighth Seasons (WBShop.com)
05/28 - South Park - The Complete Twenty-Second Season (Blu-ray)
06/04 - The Brady Bunch - 50th Anniversary The Brady-est Brady Bunch TV & Movie Collection
06/18 - Will & Grace (The Revival) - Season Two (Blu-ray)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 10-08-2004, 11:23 PM   #16
TVFactFan
Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally posted by Undercover Angel
I remember seeing an episode of Flo, and Solomon is right, the show was pretty crappy stuff...

The only episode of Flo that was somewhat watchable was the one when Mel from Alice made a guest appearance.
TVFactFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2004, 11:26 PM   #17
Lady T
Forum Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by TVShow Analyzer
The only episode of Flo that was somewhat watchable was the one when Mel from Alice made a guest appearance.
Wow, I am surprised that Linda Lavin made a guest appearence on her show; I heard that Lavin was quite the bitch on the set of Alice, and treated the other actors poorly
Lady T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2004, 11:29 PM   #18
TVFactFan
Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally posted by Undercover Angel
Wow, I am surprised that Linda Lavin made a guest appearence on her show; I heard that Lavin was quite the bitch on the set of Alice, and treated the other actors poorly

No Linda Lavin didn't make a guest apperance on Flo, it was Vic Tayback, the guy who played Mel.
Old 10-08-2004, 11:31 PM   #19
Lady T
Forum Veteran

Quote:
No Linda Lavin didn't make a guest apperance on Flo, it was Vic Tayback, the guy who played Mel.
I did not read your post clearly... sorry Solomon
Lady T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2004, 01:34 AM   #20
Starsky's Chick
Frequent Poster

What are you talking about? Flo should have won a ton of Emmys. You'd have to be blind not to realize that.
Starsky's Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2004, 01:41 AM   #21
TVFactFan
Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally posted by Starsky's Chick
What are you talking about? Flo should have won a ton of Emmys. You'd have to be blind not to realize that.

Yeah the character FLO was entertaining on Alice not on her own show. On her own show, she only said-"kiss my grits" once and that is when Mel from Alice made a guest apperance.
Old 12-20-2004, 01:52 AM   #22
Starsky's Chick
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Yeah the character FLO was entertaining on Alice not on her own show. On her own show, she only said-"kiss my grits" once and that is when Mel from Alice made a guest apperance.
Starsky's Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2005, 03:22 PM   #23
mstewart
mstewart

Send a message via Yahoo to mstewart

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVShow Analyzer
Yeah that's was why Polly got her own spinoff due to the bad relationship between her and Linda. So it was no way she was going to return to Alice after her spinoff failed-lol
Quite true because Linda was upset over all the attention Flo got and it was stated that Polly Holliday was the star. Diane Ladd, Belle, had the same problem with Linda Lavin as well. From what I understand Linda Lavin was a difficult actress to deal with on Alice. She was the star and projected that it was her show. Look at the price of that. Alice was never the same after Polly Holliday left. The Flo years on the show were priceless and LOL funny.
mstewart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2005, 01:44 AM   #24
snl75

fko was not a good show at all i didnt like it when it first aired and when i saw it again on tv land a few years ago it was even worse than i rememberd
snl75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2005, 04:51 PM   #25
TVFactFan
Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by snl75
fko was not a good show at all i didnt like it when it first aired and when i saw it again on tv land a few years ago it was even worse than i rememberd

You are right, just something for me to keep in my collection since i'm a Tv trader. But the show was awful
Old 01-14-2005, 08:26 PM   #26
Dr. Thong
a/k/a "ACK!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVShow Analyzer
You are right, just something for me to keep in my collection since i'm a Tv trader. But the show was awful
That's the problem with spinning off - you take a perfectly good show and strip it of its players. Alice proved that the whole was better than the sum of its parts.

Good thing we never got to see Vera.
Old 01-22-2005, 06:11 PM   #27
heidster
Occasional Poster

IS it ever going to be on TVLand or anything like that?
heidster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2005, 06:20 PM   #28
TVFactFan
Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by heidster
IS it ever going to be on TVLand or anything like that?

It can if TV Land ever does a spinoff special or Holiday Marathon.
Old 12-13-2005, 06:39 AM   #29
CeeBO
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by RetroTVCollector
Not so. I have four ep's of "Flo", and she says it four times total, in three of them. I loved the episodes "No Men's Land" and "Welcome To The Club"...they were excellent! Much funnier than the ep with Mel...although I like that one better now, that I've seen it a couple of times. The Christams ep wasn't very good, but it was supposed to be more "dramatic" and "touching".

I'd like to see more.
CeeBO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2005, 04:21 PM   #30
TVFactFan
Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by CeeBO
Not so. I have four ep's of "Flo", and she says it four times total, in three of them. I loved the episodes "No Men's Land" and "Welcome To The Club"...they were excellent! Much funnier than the ep with Mel...although I like that one better now, that I've seen it a couple of times. The Christams ep wasn't very good, but it was supposed to be more "dramatic" and "touching".

I'd like to see more.

I just can;t understand who else she would say Kiss My Grits to on FLO when the phrase originated from ALICE. Now it was ok for her to say it to MEL but to other cast members?. Makes no sense