Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Flo (Sitcoms Online) / Flo links and theme songs at Sitcoms Online / Flo Photo Gallery / Alice Message Board / Alice Photo Gallery

Flo - The Complete Series

Buy Flo - The Complete Series (WBShop.com) on DVD
(Amazon.com)

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > 1980s Sitcoms > Flo

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

SitcomsOnline Digest: Fall Premiere Dates for CBS; CBS and Viacom in Merger Talks Yet Again
Fri-Yay: Reaction to The Good Place Ending; Antenna TV Brings Back Webster, What's Happening!! and What's Happening Now!!
New Chip 'n' Dale Coming to Disney+ in 2020; Inside the Actors Studio Moves to Ovation and Starts with Sitcom-Themed Show
TBS Celebrates Seinfeld's 30th Anniversary; Netflix Renews Russian Doll for Season 2
Netflix Series Adds Rising Star to New Series; Corporate Gets 3rd and Final Season
Comedy Central Schedules Lights Out with David Spade; NBC's The Good Place to End After Season 4
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of June 10, 2019)

New on DVD/Blu-ray (April/May/June)

Evening Shade - The Complete Collection Perfect Strangers - The Complete Seventh and Eighth Seasons My Three Sons - The Third Season - Volume One The Brady Bunch - 50th Anniversary The Brady-est TV & Movie Collection Will & Grace (The Revival) - Season Two

04/02 - Archer: Danger Island - The Complete Season Nine
04/09 - You're the Worst - The Complete Fifth Season
04/12 - Evening Shade - The Complete Collection
04/16 - The Big C - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
05/07 - Baskets - The Complete Season Three
05/13 - I'm Dying Up Here - Season 2
05/13 - My Three Sons - The Third Season - Volume One
05/13 - My Three Sons - The Third Season - Volume Two
05/14 - The Donna Reed Show - Seasons 1-5
05/14 - Petticoat Junction - Seasons 1-3
05/28 - Perfect Strangers - The Complete Seventh and Eighth Seasons (WBShop.com)
05/28 - South Park - The Complete Twenty-Second Season (Blu-ray)
06/04 - The Brady Bunch - 50th Anniversary The Brady-est Brady Bunch TV & Movie Collection
06/18 - Will & Grace (The Revival) - Season Two (Blu-ray)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 02-20-2005, 05:10 PM   #1
Evanprod
Occasional Poster

Default .

Last edited by Evanprod; 03-24-2011 at 01:07 PM.
Evanprod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2005, 11:08 PM   #2
TVFactFan
Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evanprod
I love this show. Does anyone know when it will be released on DVD? And does anyone have any TV episodes on VHS or DVD? I'll be glad to buy.
Thanks!!

evanprod@aol.com

I doubt if Flo will ever be on DVD. I sent you an email about the eps I have on VHS
TVFactFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2005, 01:52 PM   #3
pscisme
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evanprod
I love this show. Does anyone know when it will be released on DVD? And does anyone have any TV episodes on VHS or DVD? I'll be glad to buy.
Thanks!!

evanprod@aol.com
thanks, evanprod: you saved me the trouble of starting a thread to combat all the negative ones about this show. i didn't have much time for it (or any other tv for that matter-i was in my late teens and finally allowed out at night!) during its run but i have recently viewed 4 eps and i've come to the conclusion that i missed out!

people talk about how this show was so inferior to "Alice," but i don't see much of a difference, quality wise. like the show it spun off of, "Flo" had a very charasmatic lead (I think Polly Holliday is one of the best sitcom actresses in history and managed to bring new dimensions to her character on this show) and a strong supporting cast with top-notch players like Geoff Lewis, Stephen Keep and Lucy Lee Flippin.

As for TVAnalyzer's episodes-those are the ones I watched. I highly recommend dealing with him as he is friendly, prompt and delivers on his promises.
pscisme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2005, 12:18 AM   #4
CeeBO
Frequent Poster

Hello Fellow "FLO" fans! I watched four episodes of "Flo" today, traded from someone on the MB's here. I was very dissapointed in the copy quality, but
I had fun watching the show. I agree that it is very similar in quality to "Alice". A mediocre episode of "Alice" may be more desirable than a mediocre episode of "Flo", simply because we love that original cast of "Alice" so much. But two of the ep's of "Flo" I saw..."No Men's Land" and (especially!) "Welcome To The Club" were excellent. Unfortunately the latter seems to be missing about four minutes or so, and I don't mean because of editing. Does anyone have any episodes of "Flo" to trade or buy that are in SP mode (prefferabley) and complete?

BTW, I remember someone asking about Flo saying "kiss my grits" on her own show, and someone answering that she only said it in the episode Mel appeared in. Well, she says it in three of the four episodes I watched, and in fact, twice in one ep!

Would love to read more positive comments on the show, tempered with reasonable cricism.

Christopher aka CeeBO
CeeBO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2005, 12:19 AM   #5
CeeBO
Frequent Poster

By the way, I found it odd that Joyce B. wasn't in even one of the "Flo" shows I saw. How many ep's did she do?

Christopher aka CeeBO

Last edited by CeeBO; 12-13-2005 at 12:39 AM.
Old 12-29-2005, 04:29 PM   #6
TVFactFan
Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by CeeBO
Hello Fellow "FLO" fans! I watched four episodes of "Flo" today, traded from someone on the MB's here. I was very dissapointed in the copy quality, but
I had fun watching the show. I agree that it is very similar in quality to "Alice". A mediocre episode of "Alice" may be more desirable than a mediocre episode of "Flo", simply because we love that original cast of "Alice" so much. But two of the ep's of "Flo" I saw..."No Men's Land" and (especially!) "Welcome To The Club" were excellent. Unfortunately the latter seems to be missing about four minutes or so, and I don't mean because of editing. Does anyone have any episodes of "Flo" to trade or buy that are in SP mode (prefferabley) and complete?

BTW, I remember someone asking about Flo saying "kiss my grits" on her own show, and someone answering that she only said it in the episode Mel appeared in. Well, she says it in three of the four episodes I watched, and in fact, twice in one ep!

Would love to read more positive comments on the show, tempered with reasonable cricism.

Christopher aka CeeBO

Once again, looking for A+ Quality for a 25 year old show that was never in syndication, only on TV land as part of a marathon is extremely silly. No one should expect EXCELLENT quality for a show as rare as Flo. I think your best bet is to wait for the DVD to come out
Old 12-29-2005, 05:26 PM   #7
CeeBO
Frequent Poster

Stop putting all of your focus on the negative. Knock that chip off your shoulder; my feelings about the poor quality of the recordings is not a personal attack. The episodes were shown on TVLand, so they must have been OK to start, at least. If they had been recorded at normal speed, and were complete, the quality would be mjuch better. I will wait for the dvd set, that I believe will come in time. In the meantime, I will not be doing any trading with you, sir. I have thanked you for the trade that we did, and certainly hooked you up with some very good quality episodes. Let's leave it at that. I do not wish to trade with you in the future: not because of episode quality alone, but because you have been somewhat less than kind, ungracious and ungrateful. That having been said (since you "called me out" here for some reason), can we not move past this? I realize you think I'm "silly". I can live with that. Best of luck with your future trades, and let's have no hard feelings, ok?

Chris
Old 12-29-2005, 07:23 PM   #8
TVFactFan
Forum Legend

Quote:
Stop putting all of your focus on the negative. Knock that chip off your shoulder; my feelings about the poor quality of the recordings is not a personal attack. The episodes were shown on TVLand, so they must have been OK to start, at least. If they had been recorded at normal speed, and were complete, the quality would be mjuch better. I will wait for the dvd set, that I believe will come in time. In the meantime, I will not be doing any trading with you, sir. I have thanked you for the trade that we did, and certainly hooked you up with some very good quality episodes. Let's leave it at that. I do not wish to trade with you in the future: not because of episode quality alone, but because you have been somewhat less than kind, ungracious and ungrateful. That having been said (since you "called me out" here for some reason), can we not move past this? I realize you think I'm "silly". I can live with that. Best of luck with your future trades, and let's have no hard feelings, ok?

Chris

That's fine with me sir, remember I have the things YOU WANT not the other way around-lol So you are only hurting yourself. Happy Holidays Chris
Old 12-30-2005, 04:52 AM   #9
CeeBO
Frequent Poster

Actually, I am having some very pleasant dealings with other good people, thank you. There is nothing that you have that I want, but thank you anyway. It is not a matter of "hurting" anyone. I just didn't care for your style: it was all about you. I never would have brought this up on the public forum, if you had not done so yourself. I wish you no ill will. You are very welcome for my efforts on your behalf, by the way. Happy holidays to you, Solomon.

And may I say in the friendliest way possible:

Kiss My Grits.

Somehow, that seems completely appropriate.

Christopher
Old 12-30-2005, 10:50 AM   #10
TVFactFan
Forum Legend

Quote:
Actually, I am having some very pleasant dealings with other good people, thank you. There is nothing that you have that I want, but thank you anyway. It is not a matter of "hurting" anyone. I just didn't care for your style: it was all about you. I never would have brought this up on the public forum, if you had not done so yourself. I wish you no ill will. You are very welcome for my efforts on your behalf, by the way. Happy holidays to you, Solomon.

And may I say in the friendliest way possible:

Kiss My Grits.

Somehow, that seems completely appropriate.

Christopher

Chris you are a good guy, very nice to deal with I'm just saying LOWER your expectations for very rare TV shows that never found it's way to syndication that's all. I'm still looking for a show called-"Nancy Walker" and I don;t care if the quality is a 3 out of 10, i will just be more happy to actually be able to watch it after such a long search. So it's good to be a little flexible with quality when it comes to One year wonders. Always remember that