Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Games / Movies / Music / Sports / Random Posts / Politics

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Chit Chat

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

ABC Picks Up Single Parents for Full Year; Netflix Gets Tia Mowry and Loretta Devine Sitcom
Showtime Comedy Gets More Stars; Netflix Orders New Comedy from Novel Writer
NBC Sets January 2019 Lineup; Team Coco Heads to New York Comedy Festival
ABC Fall Pilot Review: The Kids Are Alright - Premieres Tuesday (Oct. 16); FX Gets New Comedy for 2020
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of October 15, 2018)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Patricia Heaton Eyes a Return to TV With CBS Sitcom; VEI Announced Bad News Bears TV Series DVD Release
Fri-Yay: Superstore Season 4 At the Top of Its Game; Freeform's New Kickoff to Christmas Event

New on DVD/Blu-ray (September/October)

The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Eleventh Season The Middle - The Complete Ninth Season Modern Family - The Complete Ninth Season Step by Step - The Complete Second Season Perfect Strangers - The Complete Fifth Season

09/04 - It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia - The Complete Season 12
09/04 - Mom - The Complete Fifth Season
09/04 - Silicon Valley - The Complete Fifth Season
09/04 - Superstore - Season Three
09/04 - Young Sheldon - The Complete First Season
09/11 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Eleventh Season (Blu-ray)
09/11 - The Middle - The Complete Ninth Season
09/11 - Modern Family - The Complete Ninth Season
09/11 - People of Earth - The Complete Second Season
09/18 - Community - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
09/18 - Step by Step - The Complete Second Season
09/18 - You're the Worst - The Complete Fourth Season
09/25 - Blondie - The Complete 1957 Television Series
09/25 - Perfect Strangers - The Complete Fifth Season
10/02 - The Beverly Hillbillies - The Official Fifth Season
10/02 - The Love Boat - Season Four - Volume One / Volume Two
10/02 - Saved by the Bell - The Complete Collection
10/16 - Police Squad! - TV and Movie Collection
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Closed Thread

Old 05-25-2009, 02:01 AM   #886
PunkyP0WER
Banned
Banned!!

good idea marv, it could be a parfait of sorts
Old 05-25-2009, 06:07 PM   #887
Janice
No one gets out alive.
Administrator
Forum Celebrity

Thanks Allison, Jenny and Kim on the tv advice. Welcome back Kim. Sorry to hear about your computer. I think your sister should replace it. You were doing her a favor of babysitting, for starters. She's responsible for her children's actions. This isn't broken window here, that happened when kids were playing baseball. I can't believe she's not offering. If telling her that she has an obligation to replace or fix your computer will cause hard feelings, that's not your fault. She's banking on you not wanting to make any waves.
Old 05-25-2009, 06:42 PM   #888
Janice
No one gets out alive.
Administrator
Forum Celebrity

Hubby's on his way home with Chinese food. I can almost taste the chicken fingers from here, lol.
Old 05-25-2009, 10:45 PM   #889
PunkyP0WER
Banned
Banned!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janice
Thanks Allison, Jenny and Kim on the tv advice. Welcome back Kim. Sorry to hear about your computer. I think your sister should replace it. You were doing her a favor of babysitting, for starters. She's responsible for her children's actions. This isn't broken window here, that happened when kids were playing baseball. I can't believe she's not offering. If telling her that she has an obligation to replace or fix your computer will cause hard feelings, that's not your fault. She's banking on you not wanting to make any waves.
thanks Janice, i'm glad to be back. i still have my sisters laptop until tomorrow. she got back late from her anniversary getaway so she didn't pick it up. my father and stepmom came to visit us today and my dad pulled me aside and said he'd give me a check tomorrow to buy myself a new one. it annoys me that my stepsister did not offer to reimburse me but i'm so shy about speaking up to people and my dad said he didn't want stress with his wife. my husband though has a mouth and brought it up during their visit but i hushed him.
Old 05-25-2009, 10:49 PM   #890
PunkyP0WER
Banned
Banned!!

my husband and i worked together doing yardwork today. it was hard work but it was fun to do it together, we got it done faster and had a lot of fun. this is the first time since living here that i helped in any kind of outside work. he had me pull the weeds around the pool area so we can lay fresh cedar mulch down. but there were a lot of bugs and i hate insects especially spiders and my husband had to keep coming over and killing every spider because i'd start screaming like i was being murdered. lol
Old 05-25-2009, 10:58 PM   #891
Marvo301
I'm NOT a Blockhead!
Forum Veteran

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by PunkyP0WER
my husband and i worked together doing yardwork today. it was hard work but it was fun to do it together, we got it done faster and had a lot of fun. this is the first time since living here that i helped in any kind of outside work. he had me pull the weeds around the pool area so we can lay fresh cedar mulch down. but there were a lot of bugs and i hate insects especially spiders and my husband had to keep coming over and killing every spider because i'd start screaming like i was being murdered. lol
So, when's the pool party? Anyway I'm glad you and Marvin had fun working together. You shouldn't be afraid of spiders after all they do kill the other bugs so they're doing you a service!

A life isn't worth living unless it has impact on other lives. Jackie Robinson

Be always at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let each new year find you a better man. Benjamin Franklin
Old 05-25-2009, 11:52 PM   #892
PunkyP0WER
Banned
Banned!!

marvin, i love your avatar. and "hiya, chuck" - too cute! i know spiders actually get rid of some of the peskiest pests, but they're ewww so creepy crawly disgusting! lol as long as they stay far away from me we'll get along.

on another note, my dad will give me a check first thing in the morning for my new laptop. i was going to go the rent a center route but hubby wasn't comfortable with the fact that when we give the computer back to the store a new user who gets it after us might get our personal info. from it. there was a news story about that not too long ago. but for now i brought my sisters computer at work with me and by tomorrow night will have my own. luckily, my husband bought me a backup device called click-free when he bought my computer so everything is safely stored - thank goodness because i have family photos on there as well as miracle on 34th street stills.
Old 05-26-2009, 12:05 AM   #893
Marvo301
I'm NOT a Blockhead!
Forum Veteran

Cool

It seems like anytime Charlie Brown got a phone call it was Peppermint Patty calling him. And her greeting was always "Hiya Chuck". So it just seemed right to pair that line with that picture. Anyway that's very exciting news that your getting a brand new computer tomorrow! Congratulations!! It was nice of your Dad to help you out. (even if it was just to keep peace in the family) It's great you had all your files saved on that click-free device. Smart move.
Old 05-26-2009, 01:22 AM   #894
Nighthawk76
Rachel Berry
Forum Veteran

Quote:
marvin, i love your avatar. and "hiya, chuck" - too cute! i know spiders actually get rid of some of the peskiest pests, but they're ewww so creepy crawly disgusting! lol as long as they stay far away from me we'll get along.

on another note, my dad will give me a check first thing in the morning for my new laptop. i was going to go the rent a center route but hubby wasn't comfortable with the fact that when we give the computer back to the store a new user who gets it after us might get our personal info. from it. there was a news story about that not too long ago. but for now i brought my sisters computer at work with me and by tomorrow night will have my own. luckily, my husband bought me a backup device called click-free when he bought my computer so everything is safely stored - thank goodness because i have family photos on there as well as miracle on 34th street stills.

You sure have a very thoughtful and kindhearted father, Kim. I also have to agree with your husband that renting a computer probably isn't very safe.
Old 05-26-2009, 01:24 AM   #895
Nighthawk76
Rachel Berry
Forum Veteran

Quote:
I actually love doing yardwork. I like working in the garden and with the flowers and bushes we have out front. I feel like I'm one with nature. And to me that is really a great feeling.
Old 05-26-2009, 02:14 AM   #896
Nighthawk76
Rachel Berry
Forum Veteran

I was reading earlier, and in the book a character said "geez louise", and I so thought of Mattie!
Old 05-26-2009, 02:19 AM   #897
PunkyP0WER
Banned
Banned!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shine
You sure have a very thoughtful and kindhearted father, Kim. I also have to agree with your husband that renting a computer probably isn't very safe.
thanks mike, i love my father very much. he is very good to his children and most importantly is a very kind and generous man in general. i'm not trying to be a braggart but in march he gave my sister 62,000 to buy their new house in Florida. and just friday he gave me $3500 to help out with some bills - we need a new fridge which will be about $800+, my car taxes are due which are over a thousand and opening the pool costs about $600. i refused him when he offered the money for the laptop but he insisted aggressively. he told me "i know you use the thing everyday" which is true, its been like losing my right arm. i try to do everything for my father in return, i pick him up every morning and take him to work, i took him tag saling on saturday and to get his blood drawn, i also get him a lot of "just because i love you" gifts, usually things he will never treat himself with.
Old 05-26-2009, 02:26 AM   #898
Nighthawk76
Rachel Berry
Forum Veteran

Quote:
thanks mike, i love my father very much. he is very good to his children and most importantly is a very kind and generous man in general. i'm not trying to be a braggart but in march he gave my sister 62,000 to buy their new house in Florida. and just friday he gave me $3500 to help out with some bills - we need a new fridge which will be about $800+, my car taxes are due which are over a thousand and opening the pool costs about $600. i refused him when he offered the money for the laptop but he insisted aggressively. he told me "i know you use the thing everyday" which is true, its been like losing my right arm. i try to do everything for my father in return, i pick him up every morning and take him to work, i took him tag saling on saturday and to get his blood drawn, i also get him a lot of "just because i love you" gifts, usually things he will never treat himself with.
You're a wonderful daughter. Hearing about your father, I can see where you got your kindness and big heart from. It is nice of you to do those things for him.

You've mentioned several times about "opening the pool", what does that mean exactly?
Old 05-26-2009, 02:37 AM   #899
PunkyP0WER
Banned
Banned!!

aw, thanks mike, but i don't think theres anyone who has a bigger heart than you. you're always there to cheer me up and on.

to answer your question, these guys from the pool company (they build pools and sell pool products as well) come out at the start and end of every season, they take off the tarp, treat the water w/ chemicals because its all green at first, then they give you your first months supply of chemicals and then they take water samples and do tests and tell you how much you need of what, they check the filter, put new sand in it if it needs it, check the slide and see if it weathered the winter ok and make sure its safe and sturdy etc. last year it cost us a fortune because the water took longer than usual to clear up, my husband had to go down to them every other day with water samples, it drove him crazy. my husband is compulsive about the water being clear, he goes out 3 times a day to clean the pool and filter and he puts in a special solution that makes the water have a sparkle effect.

i'll have to take before and after pics and show yall. its so gross when you first open it. and my husband has to get into the freezing water and scrub the sides of the pool.
Old 05-26-2009, 06:28 PM   #900
Nighthawk76
Rachel Berry
Forum Veteran

Quote:
aw, thanks mike, but i don't think theres anyone who has a bigger heart than you. you're always there to cheer me up and on.

Thanks, Kim! You're saying that means a great deal to me. If you knew me a year ago you would probably have thought very differently. Between 2005 and mid-last year I was a total a**. I was jaded, angry, took people for granted and was just not a very good person. The root of the problem was that I really didn't like myself all that much. And when you don't like and respect yourself, how can you like and respect others?

However, over the last six months I have become more of the person that I want to be. That I know I can be. Being a born again Christian, I try to lead my life the way Jesus taugh. I still have a ways to go, but am getting better everyday. Also, when I was away for Lent, I did a lot of reading in the Bible and other religious and self-help books (some of which I told you about) and really worked on my relationship with God, other people and myself. And I think I get along better with other people now. Like I used to. And these days I like being me!
Closed Thread