Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Game Shows Photo Gallery

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Game Shows

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of June 17, 2019)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Fall Premiere Dates for CBS; CBS and Viacom in Merger Talks Yet Again
Fri-Yay: Reaction to The Good Place Ending; Antenna TV Brings Back Webster, What's Happening!! and What's Happening Now!!
New Chip 'n' Dale Coming to Disney+ in 2020; Inside the Actors Studio Moves to Ovation and Starts with Sitcom-Themed Show
TBS Celebrates Seinfeld's 30th Anniversary; Netflix Renews Russian Doll for Season 2
Netflix Series Adds Rising Star to New Series; Corporate Gets 3rd and Final Season
Comedy Central Schedules Lights Out with David Spade; NBC's The Good Place to End After Season 4

New on DVD/Blu-ray (April/May/June)

Evening Shade - The Complete Collection Perfect Strangers - The Complete Seventh and Eighth Seasons My Three Sons - The Third Season - Volume One The Brady Bunch - 50th Anniversary The Brady-est TV & Movie Collection Will & Grace (The Revival) - Season Two

04/02 - Archer: Danger Island - The Complete Season Nine
04/09 - You're the Worst - The Complete Fifth Season
04/12 - Evening Shade - The Complete Collection
04/16 - The Big C - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
05/07 - Baskets - The Complete Season Three
05/13 - I'm Dying Up Here - Season 2
05/13 - My Three Sons - The Third Season - Volume One
05/13 - My Three Sons - The Third Season - Volume Two
05/14 - The Donna Reed Show - Seasons 1-5
05/14 - Petticoat Junction - Seasons 1-3
05/28 - Perfect Strangers - The Complete Seventh and Eighth Seasons (WBShop.com)
05/28 - South Park - The Complete Twenty-Second Season (Blu-ray)
06/04 - The Brady Bunch - 50th Anniversary The Brady-est Brady Bunch TV & Movie Collection
06/18 - Will & Grace (The Revival) - Season Two (Blu-ray)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 03-19-2019, 01:42 PM   #1
funky-rat
Zit Remedy Groupie
Frequent Poster

Default Least Favorite Game Show Hosts

I went back a few pages and didn't see anything like this, so I thought I would put it up, since some recent threads put this in to my brain.

What hosts just didn't do it for you, be it flat personalities, rude comments, or anything else?

My list:

Bill Cullen - probably my least favorite game show host ever. It doesn't help that I didn't care for most of the shows I saw him on (Child's Play, Hot Potato, Blockbusters, etc). It also didn't help that there was a few times - on different shows - where he clearly didn't have an understanding of someone's answer, or of the rules of the game, and someone suffered for it. I know he was on a lot of classic old-time shows, but what I saw him on just didn't endear him to me.

Bob Eubanks - he was just an ass, to me. He'd make rude commentary about people (many times about women being overweight, or them being less than intelligent), but he would often do it on the down low, so many times they didn't catch it - at least not right away.

Ray Combs - he was my least favorite FF host. He just tried way too hard to be funny, and often fell flat on his face.

Tom Bergeron - I don't know what for sure it is about him, but he just rubs me the wrong way. I can't explain it, and it's not often that happens.

I recall not caring much for Tom Kennedy, but I think that's just because I didn't care for the shows he was on. I haven't seen any recently, to see if I would change my mind as an adult or not.

"NO!! Your ages COMBINED would not make you old enough!"
funky-rat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2019, 02:55 PM   #2
Zoneboy
RIP, I'LL NEVER FORGET YOU :(
Forum Celebrity

Location: AT HOME WISHING ALL THIS WAS JUST A DREAM AND THAT I'LL WAKE UP FROM THIS NIGHTMARE.

John Davidson, an instant cure for insomnia.
Louie Anderson, worst host of Family Feud.
Jon "Bowser" Bauman, Nobody can replace Peter Marshall on Hollywood Squares.
Jack Narz, although I like his brother Tom Kennedy.
Jack Clark , zzzzzz.
Doug Davidson, good actor, terrible game show host.
Snoop Dogg, Jack Barry he ain't.
Buddy Hackett, boring comedian and game show host.

More later.
Zoneboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2019, 03:40 PM   #3
howierules86
Forum Veteran

Patrick Wayne - 1990-91 Tic Tac Dough
Chris Wylde - Taboo (2003 TNN game show that was based on the board game)
J.D. Roberto - Shop 'til You Drop (2003-05 version)
Mike Reilly - Monopoly (1990 ABC primetime game show that was based on the board game)

And many other very talented ladies too.
howierules86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2019, 12:31 AM   #4
LaBestia
Ben Bailey's Taxi Girl

I would have to say my least favorite game show hosts are,
1. Richard Quest
When I saw 500 Questions on ABC I found Richard Quest to be very annoying and so whiny with his British accent and I normally like British guys but I cannot figure out why ABC chose him to host Season 1 of 500 Questions in the first place? As hard as I tried to like the game show Richard Quest simply got on my nerves. Even on CNN I change the channel when Richard Quest appears. It's no wonder why ABC replaced him with Dan Harris for 500 Questions Season 2
2. Steve Harvey
As a game show host I simply dislike Steve Harvey and I cannot understand why he was chosen to host Family Feud and I think he's the most annoying host in the world
3. Bob Saget
Why he was chosen to host NBC's 1 Vs 100 I'll never figure out and I thought Bob Saget was weak at game shows and lacked talent as a host
Bestie
Old 03-20-2019, 09:26 PM   #5
AMackII

Kevin Frank - Host of Kidsstreet & The Next Line
Rolf Bernischke - The 3rd & Short Lived Host of the Daytime Wheel of Fortune era
Dylan Lane - The man who hosted the 2000s version of Chain Reacton on Game Show Network
Pat Bullard - who hosted the 1998-99 revival of Love Connection & the 2001 version of Card Sharks
Patrick Wayne - The Same Man Who Did the 1990 version of Tic Tac Dough
Ken Ober - who was the host of Remote Control on MTV
Lew Schneider - the original Make The Grade host
AMackII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2019, 09:37 PM   #6
funky-rat
Zit Remedy Groupie
Frequent Poster

I liked Ken Ober, lol, but I REALLY loved that show.
funky-rat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2019, 02:45 AM   #7
AMackII

Quote:
Originally Posted by funky-rat View Post
I liked Ken Ober, lol, but I REALLY loved that show.
Well, at seems that you have nothing against Remote Control & Ken Ober though, funky-rat. Another Game Show Host(s) that i cant stand are Jeff Macgregor(2nd Host of The 80s Dating Game) and Louie Anderson(Who Hosted Family Feud from 1999 to 2002)
AMackII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2019, 04:02 PM   #8
OH Nuts!
WINGing it on a Sandpiper!
Forum Legend

Bob Barker!

xxoo You both Rock!!
OH Nuts! is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2019, 06:17 PM   #9
JSP

Louie Anderson, who stumbled often reading the questions during fast money on Family Feud.
JSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2019, 07:20 PM   #10
RetroGuy2000
Julie,Julie Anne,&Felice 4Ever

Louie Anderson was bad. Steve Harvey is worse. I cannot stand watching the show if SH is hosting.
RetroGuy2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2019, 09:49 PM   #11
tlc38tlc38
Every dayís a Dolly day!
Forum Veteran

Hands down, the absolute worst is Steve Harvey.
Deuteronomy 15:10
In loving memory of my best friend, my Mama.
tlc38tlc38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2019, 10:24 PM   #12
catsrule
Cat-tastic and Whiskerlicious
Forum Veteran

Michael Strahan ruined the Pyramid franchise that was formerly family friendly. Same thing for Steve Harvey and Family Feud. Bill Engvall was terrible at Lingo, Chuck Woolery was much better. While Maury Povich was actually a good host for Twenty-One, Jerry Springer is a terrible host at game shows too (not that I would touch his trash but the ads for Baggage are bad enough). Drew Carey I wasn't impressed with on Power of 10, I haven't really seen much of his Price is Right but doubt he is great there either. Joey Fatone, I tried a Common Knowledge episode but he has none of the appeal of John Michael Higgins (GSN's other current original host). Howie Mandel of course, irritates me that Deal or No Deal has been more popular than much better game shows from that period like Greed, Weakest Link, and the Twenty-One mentioned above.
My Top 100 TV Theme Songs http://www.sitcomsonline.com/boards/...28#post5320128
Is Christ the cornerstone of your life? If not, he should be.

catsrule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2019, 06:14 AM   #13
MA
Forum Legend

Louie Anderson

Steve Harvey

Snoop Dogg

And many other guys too.

Netflix, please add Home Improvement

Goodnight, sweet prince. Harry Anderson 1952-2018

Errrrrrruuuuuuuuahhh?? - Tim Allen
MA is online now   Reply With Quote