Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Game Shows Photo Gallery

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Game Shows

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Fox Fall 2019 Premiere Dates; FX Sets Dates for Fall 2019 Schedule
Barney Miller Summer Fridays on Antenna TV; Tyler Perry Studios Takes Over BET with New Series
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of June 24, 2019)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Mark-Paul Gosselaar Cast in black-ish Spinoff; Urkel Makes a Return in Scooby Doo
Fri-Yay: The Amazing Superstore Season 4 Finale; Netflix Has Healing Powers
Extreme Makeover: Home Edition Returns with "Modern" Twist; Showtime Is Back to Life For New Comedy
truTV Gets 2nd Season of Tacoma FD; I'm Sorry Gets Season 3 on truTV

New on DVD/Blu-ray (April/May/June)

Evening Shade - The Complete Collection Perfect Strangers - The Complete Seventh and Eighth Seasons My Three Sons - The Third Season - Volume One The Brady Bunch - 50th Anniversary The Brady-est TV & Movie Collection Will & Grace (The Revival) - Season Two

04/02 - Archer: Danger Island - The Complete Season Nine
04/09 - You're the Worst - The Complete Fifth Season
04/12 - Evening Shade - The Complete Collection
04/16 - The Big C - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
05/07 - Baskets - The Complete Season Three
05/13 - I'm Dying Up Here - Season 2
05/13 - My Three Sons - The Third Season - Volume One
05/13 - My Three Sons - The Third Season - Volume Two
05/14 - The Donna Reed Show - Seasons 1-5
05/14 - Petticoat Junction - Seasons 1-3
05/28 - Perfect Strangers - The Complete Seventh and Eighth Seasons (WBShop.com)
05/28 - South Park - The Complete Twenty-Second Season (Blu-ray)
06/04 - The Brady Bunch - 50th Anniversary The Brady-est Brady Bunch TV & Movie Collection
06/18 - Will & Grace (The Revival) - Season Two (Blu-ray)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 03-17-2019, 11:43 PM   #1
LaBestia
Ben Bailey's Taxi Girl

Default Do you think FOX's Mental Samurai be good?

I keep seeing the previews for FOX's new game show Mental Samurai that's gonna start March 19th and by judging by the previews I think the show will look interesting and with Rob Lowe making his game show hosting debut I think FOX really has a smart concept for a game show but it looks like a rip-off of the short lived game show The Chamber
Bestie
Old 03-18-2019, 02:19 AM   #2
catsrule
Cat-tastic and Whiskerlicious
Forum Veteran

I plan on checking out the Mental Samurai premiere. I have never seen The Chamber, even if MS is a rip-off the average viewer probably wouldn't know anything about that show.
My Top 100 TV Theme Songs http://www.sitcomsonline.com/boards/...28#post5320128
Is Christ the cornerstone of your life? If not, he should be.

catsrule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2019, 02:36 AM   #3
DadTheKing

Hi, Bestie! I have not seen it yet, but it looks interesting. Let me know what you think. Rob Lowe should be a good host. He is funny.
DTK
Attached Images

DadTheKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2019, 03:55 AM   #4
AMackII

Yes but i may not seen a full promo of that so the viewers may watch it.
AMackII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2019, 08:20 PM   #5
TMC
Forum Celebrity

Rob Lowe's Mental Samurai is better than its ridiculously over-the-top name

The Fox game show, premiering tonight, "isn’t focused on the awe-inspiring physical feats of the obstacle-obsessed," says Jacob Oller. "Rather, the Rob Lowe-hosted Mental Samurai blends the addictive 'I know that answer!' quiz format of Jeopardy! and Who Wants to Be a Millionaire? with the delicious sadism Americans have honed over years and years of reality TV. And it’s even better than its ridiculously over-the-top name." ALSO: Mental Samurai never elevates itself above “people sit in a moving robot arm thingy and answer questions."
TMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2019, 01:01 AM   #6
catsrule
Cat-tastic and Whiskerlicious
Forum Veteran

Mental Samurai is the best game show premiere I have seen since 500 Questions. While they are on different networks (and different genres), The Kids Are Alright and Mental Samurai are an excellent pairing of shows to watch back-to-back on Tuesday nights.
catsrule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2019, 01:57 AM   #7
LaBestia
Ben Bailey's Taxi Girl

I finished watching Mental Samurai a few minutes ago and what I thought of it is that it is alright but not the best game show that FOX has put out since Greed with Chuck Woolery. For one thing what I disliked about Mental Samurai is that the contestants get one chance only to answer questions and they should've given the contestants lifelines or second chances to give them more chances to answer the questions. Another thing I found surprising is that they made the seat where the contestant sits a cross between NASA's Space Camp Multi-Axis Trainer and a Disneyland ride and what I can see is that contestants will get sick or have dizzy spells due to this. Rob Lowe is the weakest choice to host Mental Samurai and as I was familar with Rob Lowe from the Direct TV commercials it seemed that he lacked what's needed to be a good game show host and someone like Tim Allen or Christopher Titus would've been a better choice to host it. What shocked me also is that the costar "Ava" sounds very much like Alexa and I found that the questions are super easy similar to the questions on The Chase but the first contestants couldn't get them right. So while FOX has such high hopes for Mental Samurai it's disappointing
Bestie
LaBestia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2019, 12:44 PM   #8
DadTheKing

Hi, Bestie! I saw MS too. I agree that Lowe was not very good as a host. But do you think he can i,prove? I hope so. The game is very different, I like the questions, but the sill thing they sit in bothers me. They should spin it around more to confuse them. What do you think?
DTK
DadTheKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2019, 08:09 PM   #9
TMC
Forum Celebrity

Why does Mental Samurai have the "Samurai" in the title?

"Honestly, I don’t have a clue," Miles Surrey says of the premiere of the Rob Lowe-hosted Fox game show. "There is nothing we’ve seen in the premiere that correlates to medieval Japan’s elite warrior class. My best guess is that the series’ brain trust decided—appropriately—that calling a winning contestant a 'Mental Samurai' sounds slightly cooler than something like 'Mental Ninja,' 'Mental Viking,' or 'Mental Magus.'" ALSO: Mental Samurai has a slow start with 2.28 million viewers.
TMC is offline   Reply With Quote