Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Game Shows Photo Gallery

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Game Shows

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Fox Fall 2019 Premiere Dates; FX Sets Dates for Fall 2019 Schedule
Barney Miller Summer Fridays on Antenna TV; Tyler Perry Studios Takes Over BET with New Series
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of June 24, 2019)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Mark-Paul Gosselaar Cast in black-ish Spinoff; Urkel Makes a Return in Scooby Doo
Fri-Yay: The Amazing Superstore Season 4 Finale; Netflix Has Healing Powers
Extreme Makeover: Home Edition Returns with "Modern" Twist; Showtime Is Back to Life For New Comedy
truTV Gets 2nd Season of Tacoma FD; I'm Sorry Gets Season 3 on truTV

New on DVD/Blu-ray (April/May/June)

Evening Shade - The Complete Collection Perfect Strangers - The Complete Seventh and Eighth Seasons My Three Sons - The Third Season - Volume One The Brady Bunch - 50th Anniversary The Brady-est TV & Movie Collection Will & Grace (The Revival) - Season Two

04/02 - Archer: Danger Island - The Complete Season Nine
04/09 - You're the Worst - The Complete Fifth Season
04/12 - Evening Shade - The Complete Collection
04/16 - The Big C - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
05/07 - Baskets - The Complete Season Three
05/13 - I'm Dying Up Here - Season 2
05/13 - My Three Sons - The Third Season - Volume One
05/13 - My Three Sons - The Third Season - Volume Two
05/14 - The Donna Reed Show - Seasons 1-5
05/14 - Petticoat Junction - Seasons 1-3
05/28 - Perfect Strangers - The Complete Seventh and Eighth Seasons (WBShop.com)
05/28 - South Park - The Complete Twenty-Second Season (Blu-ray)
06/04 - The Brady Bunch - 50th Anniversary The Brady-est Brady Bunch TV & Movie Collection
06/18 - Will & Grace (The Revival) - Season Two (Blu-ray)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 03-08-2019, 03:03 AM   #16
DadTheKing

Hi, Bestie! My vote is for Jeff Probst. He was supposed to get it a long time ago. Who do you think?
DTK
DadTheKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2019, 03:12 AM   #17
Bonniegirl
AKA Hazel Horvath
Forum Celebrity

Quote:
Originally Posted by DadTheKing View Post
Hi, Bestie! My vote is for Jeff Probst. He was supposed to get it a long time ago. Who do you think?
DTK
Wow!! Are you really so cold that you don't even care that Alex Trebek has cancer and most likely will die? All you care about is who will replace him??
Bonniegirl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2019, 03:29 AM   #18
Bonniegirl
AKA Hazel Horvath
Forum Celebrity

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaBestia View Post
I wonder how this will affect Jeopardy this season now that Alex Trebek is gonna recover from cancer? Will this mean that he'll retire from Jeopardy forever or will Jeopardy end for good? Because if Alex retires here are my choices for understudies or replacement hosts
1. Anderson Cooper
2. Jeff Probst
3. Montel Williams
4. Todd Newton
5. Maury Povich
6. Patrick Warbarton
7. Patrick Duffy
8. Patrick Stewart
But what I think will happen is that Jeopardy will have a fill in week much like Who Wants To Be A Millionaire does when Chris Harrison takes the day off and Jeopardy fans will have the chance to vote on a special app for their favorite host and the winner gets the job of the new host of Jeopardy. Pretty cool idea don't you think?
Bestie

You really should be praying for this man with terminal cancer at this time and not thinking about who should replace him !!
Bonniegirl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2019, 06:32 AM   #19
TMC
Forum Celebrity

It's impossible to think of Jeopardy! without Alex Trebek

The Jeopardy! host is a national treasure, Claire McNear says in reaction to his stage 4 pancreatic cancer diagnosis. "For a generation of viewers," she says, "Trebek has been a constant of cable programming, a sometimes mustachioed, sometimes prickly, always steady presence, the keeper of a finite blue-purple world where the passage of time could be counted both in operatic ephemera and, maybe, the number of different living rooms where you found yourself watching over the years. It’s impersonal—a formulaic game played by strangers—and it’s also not: Come to enough family dinners, and soon enough you’ll be expected at them. Trebek has often insisted on being called the host of Jeopardy!, such that there would never be any confusion that he was the star: That, he says, is an honor that belongs to the contestants. Fair enough, perhaps, but he’s the one who became family."

ALSO:
TMC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2019, 11:11 AM   #20
MA
Forum Legend

Hoping and praying for him.

And many other guys too.

Netflix, please add Home Improvement

Goodnight, sweet prince. Harry Anderson 1952-2018

Errrrrrruuuuuuuuahhh?? - Tim Allen
MA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2019, 03:06 PM   #21
Edward216

Quote:
Originally Posted by catsrule View Post
If Alex has to leave Jeopardy, the best replacements for host would be Ken Jennings or Brad Rutter. I also would like to see a week long tournament with just them in an epic match. If a 3rd player is needed, Colby the other captain from the all-star game finals could join them.
Absolutely not! I'd rather they cancel Jeopardy than see it hosted by either one of those arrogant jerks. What a stupid idea!

Ed.
Edward216 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2019, 03:16 PM   #22
Edward216

Praying for Alex, but it's not going to turn out well I'm afraid. When Alex goes that's the day I stop watching Jeopardy. I really like Alex and Jeopardy just won't be any good without him. It's going to be a sad day when he retires or dies because this version of Jeopardy has been around most of my life. I was 15 years old when it premiered in 1984. If there's no Alex then there's no Jeopardy, that's just the way I feel about it.

Ed.
Old 03-08-2019, 08:32 PM   #23
80sTrivia
Pop Culture Soothsayer
Forum Veteran

Sending Alex positive thoughts and healing prayers...
80sTrivia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2019, 10:23 AM   #24
dee2364
Frequent Poster

Wow. Stage 4...How sad. Seems like everyone's "going" these days.
dee2364 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2019, 08:52 PM   #25
TMC
Forum Celebrity

In mourning Alex Trebek's cancer diagnosis, we're mourning the truth

"When Trebek announced Wednesday that he had been diagnosed with Stage 4 pancreatic cancer, which carries a particularly low survival rate, it felt like we were grieving the potential loss of more than an avuncular quiz-show host," says Drew Goins says of the Jeopardy! host. "The loss of Trebek means the loss of a zone where the truth is clear and uncontested. Since 1984, Trebek has dispensed truths at a dime a dozen. The show’s format, inverted from the standard trivia setup, puts all the answers right there on the board — 30 truths at a time for contestants to discover. All they have to supply is the question. That question must be precisely worded. In Trebek’s world, there is no room for the hedging, fudging and squidging of the truth that dominates everyone else's....These standards slide once we leave the Jeopardy! set, where canny manipulators get away with plenty worse than a misarticulated second syllable. The best a contestant can do with Trebek in the room, though, is hoodwink the host until a commercial break. On the rare instances that points are awarded improperly, the record is always promptly corrected and the scores adjusted before things can get too out of hand. Trebek embodies something increasingly rare: a universally accepted authority."
Old 03-10-2019, 02:21 AM   #26
catsrule
Cat-tastic and Whiskerlicious
Forum Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward216 View Post
Absolutely not! I'd rather they cancel Jeopardy than see it hosted by either one of those arrogant jerks. What a stupid idea!

Ed.
Alex Trebek, Ken Jennings, and Brad Rutter have one thing in common. They all have higher intelligence than the average American (which includes myself). A game show aspiring to a high level like Jeopardy (the opposite end of dumbed down bottom feeders such as Deal or no Deal or shock value Harvey Feud) needs smarts like this to host effectively. I think Alex himself would approve wholeheartedly of either Ken or Brad taking on the new era to succeed him whenever that would happen. They are possibly the two most iconic contestants from the show.
My Top 100 TV Theme Songs http://www.sitcomsonline.com/boards/...28#post5320128
Is Christ the cornerstone of your life? If not, he should be.

catsrule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2019, 03:06 AM   #27
Zoneboy
RIP, I'LL NEVER FORGET YOU :(
Forum Celebrity

Location: AT HOME WISHING ALL THIS WAS JUST A DREAM AND THAT I'LL WAKE UP FROM THIS NIGHTMARE.

Quote:
Alex Trebek, Ken Jennings, and Brad Rutter have one thing in common. They all have higher intelligence than the average American (which includes myself). A game show aspiring to a high level like Jeopardy (the opposite end of dumbed down bottom feeders such as Deal or no Deal or shock value Harvey Feud) needs smarts like this to host effectively. I think Alex himself would approve wholeheartedly of either Ken or Brad taking on the new era to succeed him whenever that would happen. They are possibly the two most iconic contestants from the show.
A higher intelligence level isn't needed to host Jeopardy! Alex only reads the answers, he doesn't write them. To appear on the show and go as far as Ken and Brad did does take a higher level.
Zoneboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2019, 04:52 AM   #28
Edward216

Quote:
So what? Ken Jennings and Brad Rutter have zero humility and I think they're extremely unlikable. You might feel differently if you were disrespected on Facebook by one of them like I was with the know-it-all Ken Jennings. But think whatever you want I don't care I'm not going to argue any further with you about it. I'm just saying when Alex Trebek's gone I'm done with Jeopardy.

Ed.
Old 03-10-2019, 04:44 PM   #29
Coffeecup
coffeecup.

Any time I hear any one diagnosed with cancer I feel so sad. My thoughts are with Alex and his family. I tend to think the show does well. It is a show where you have act fast and know the answers. I tend to think the show will be on the air in 20 years.
Coffeecup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2019, 07:48 PM   #30
TMC
Forum Celebrity

Alex Trebek tapes his first Jeopardy! episodes since announcing his cancer diagnosis

"We are taping today, and Alex is here as scheduled," said a spokesperson for Sony Pictures Television, which distributes the hit game show. Trebek announced he has stage 4 pancreatic cancer on Wednesday of last week.