Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Games / Movies / Music / Sports / Random Posts / Politics

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Chit Chat

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

truTV Gets 2nd Season of Tacoma FD; I'm Sorry Gets Season 3 on truTV
NBC Fall 2019 Premiere Dates; The CW Fall 2019 Premiere Dates
Netflix Gets Funny with Pranks with Stranger Things Star; Gabrielle Union and Jessica Alba Series Gets 2nd Season
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of June 17, 2019)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Fall Premiere Dates for CBS; CBS and Viacom in Merger Talks Yet Again
Fri-Yay: Reaction to The Good Place Ending; Antenna TV Brings Back Webster, What's Happening!! and What's Happening Now!!
New Chip 'n' Dale Coming to Disney+ in 2020; Inside the Actors Studio Moves to Ovation and Starts with Sitcom-Themed Show

New on DVD/Blu-ray (April/May/June)

Evening Shade - The Complete Collection Perfect Strangers - The Complete Seventh and Eighth Seasons My Three Sons - The Third Season - Volume One The Brady Bunch - 50th Anniversary The Brady-est TV & Movie Collection Will & Grace (The Revival) - Season Two

04/02 - Archer: Danger Island - The Complete Season Nine
04/09 - You're the Worst - The Complete Fifth Season
04/12 - Evening Shade - The Complete Collection
04/16 - The Big C - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
05/07 - Baskets - The Complete Season Three
05/13 - I'm Dying Up Here - Season 2
05/13 - My Three Sons - The Third Season - Volume One
05/13 - My Three Sons - The Third Season - Volume Two
05/14 - The Donna Reed Show - Seasons 1-5
05/14 - Petticoat Junction - Seasons 1-3
05/28 - Perfect Strangers - The Complete Seventh and Eighth Seasons (WBShop.com)
05/28 - South Park - The Complete Twenty-Second Season (Blu-ray)
06/04 - The Brady Bunch - 50th Anniversary The Brady-est Brady Bunch TV & Movie Collection
06/18 - Will & Grace (The Revival) - Season Two (Blu-ray)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 02-15-2019, 11:55 PM   #1
Family Ties Forever!
Forum Veteran

Post My Microwave has a problem

Have you ever had to replace the light bulb in your microwave?

My microwave light is flickering on and off. It was having some trouble with the power of heating a tv dinner. I may have to replace the microwave as it's a number of years old, but I may only have to replace the light bulb. Does anyone know what kind of light bulb it Haier 1100 watt takes? I can't see enough to try and remove the light bulb.
Old 02-16-2019, 12:43 AM   #2
LaBestia
Ben Bailey's Taxi Girl

My grandmother's first microwave started having the exact same problem you are describing and it all started when she was gonna heat something up when the microwave started turning on and off and then made a hissing noise until finally the microwave light burned out. And my uncle had to unplug the microwave and plug it back in and that's when sparks came out my uncle had to unplug it before it started a fire. But it was a good microwave that was very special to her because it was the very first microwave my grandmother ever owned that Mom gave her for Christmas and it was a Sharp Carousel II and it was black colored and my grandmother really loved it a lot. And then my mom got her a new microwave that my uncle kept when my grandmother passed away and it still works. If you want a new microwave the best brands are Daewoo and Sunbeam and when Mom replaced our microwave it was a Daewoo and it still works but the one we got is a Sunbeam microwave and we got it on clearance at Target for a good price. My other advice is to call Haier and ask if they have replacement light bulbs for your microwave or you can take it to a repair shop and see what they can do for you. But if they can't help you I'd say shop around for a new microwave and you might check Target in their kitchen clearance because they have microwaves on clearance all the time. And you might also try Sears and JCPenney for microwaves as well
Hope this advice helps you Family Ties Forever and good luck getting your microwave in working order
Bestie
Old 02-16-2019, 07:06 AM   #3
Family Ties Forever!
Forum Veteran

^Thanks. I'm sorry to hear that happened to your grandma's microwave. I hope mine never catches on fire. That would be scary.
Family Ties Forever! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2019, 09:41 AM   #4
Steve_uk

I never use microwaves myself after someone complained their chicken wasn't cooked through and tasted of rubber.
Steve_uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2019, 09:46 AM   #5
tlc38tlc38
Every dayís a Dolly day!
Forum Veteran

The light went out in our microwave years ago and it still works just fine.

Also, the 0, 1, 2, 4, 7, & 8 number buttons don’t work. I usually just do things for 33 or 99 seconds and check it to make sure it’s done. If I need minutes, I do 3:55. It sounds complicated but once you learn how to work it, it’s easy. It still works good so I don’t see a reason to get rid of it; we’ve had it over 25 years.
Deuteronomy 15:10
In loving memory of my best friend, my Mama.
tlc38tlc38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2019, 02:43 PM   #6
Bonniegirl
AKA Hazel Horvath
Forum Celebrity

I think you should get a new microwave! Better safe than sorry. The light not working and not heating things up well and you had it a number of years it will only get worse, maybe eventually not work at all anymore ! Check for sales on microwaves and get yourself a brand new one!
Bonniegirl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2019, 09:38 PM   #7
Family Ties Forever!
Forum Veteran

Thanks for the suggestions.
Family Ties Forever! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2019, 03:02 AM   #8
LaBestia
Ben Bailey's Taxi Girl

If you want to get a microwave that will be easy for you to figure out look for a microwave with knobs rather than number buttons and those are very easy to use. My grandmother's Sharp Carousel II microwave had knobs and she got the hang of using it very easily on her first use. If you can find one "though I don't know if Sharp still makes the Carousel microwaves anymore today" But if you can find a Sharp Carousel II with knobs it is a great microwave that will last a long time
Good luck in your microwave search Family Ties Forever
Bestie
LaBestia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2019, 11:17 AM   #9
OH Nuts!
WINGing it on a Sandpiper!
Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_uk View Post
I never use microwaves myself after someone complained their chicken wasn't cooked through and tasted of rubber.

Outside of scrambled eggs, I never cook anything in a microwave. I only use it to boil water for a cup of coffee or heat up something already cooked on an oven.

xxoo You both Rock!!
OH Nuts! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2019, 11:18 AM   #10
OH Nuts!
WINGing it on a Sandpiper!
Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Family Ties Forever! View Post
Have you ever had to replace the light bulb in your microwave?

My microwave light is flickering on and off. It was having some trouble with the power of heating a tv dinner. I may have to replace the microwave as it's a number of years old, but I may only have to replace the light bulb. Does anyone know what kind of light bulb it Haier 1100 watt takes? I can't see enough to try and remove the light bulb.
How many years have you had the microwave? If itís old Iíd just get a new one. Yours really sounds like itís on its last legs.
OH Nuts! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2019, 12:42 AM   #11
LaBestia
Ben Bailey's Taxi Girl

A microwave brand you should check out is a brand called Seasons and they make awesome microwaves and they are awesome and cook food really fast. You should also try looking though a catalog named Ginny's and Ginny's sells kitchen appliances and is owned by Seventh Avenue and The Swiss Colony and you should find a great microwave there at a good price
Hope you finally find a great microwave Family Ties Forever and be sure to check Ginny's catalog out
Bestie
LaBestia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2019, 01:17 PM   #12
MA
Forum Legend

It's probably best to just get a new one since you've had your current one for a long time.

And many other guys too.

Netflix, please add Home Improvement

Goodnight, sweet prince. Harry Anderson 1952-2018

Errrrrrruuuuuuuuahhh?? - Tim Allen
MA is offline   Reply With Quote