Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Unsolved Mysteries Online Main Page / Message Board / Show History / Episode Guide (1987-2002) / Expanded Episode Guide #2 / Expanded Episode Guide #3 / Case Updates / Wiki / Official Site / Lifetime Site / Lifetime Schedule / Related Links / True Crime Shows Message Board / All Other Cases Message Board / Buy The Best of Unsolved Mysteries DVD / Buy Unsolved Mysteries - The Ultimate Collection DVD

Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season on Amazon Instant Video
/
Season 2
/ Season 3 / Season 4 /
Season 5
/ Season 6 / Season 7 /
Season 8
/ Season 9 / Season 10 /
Season 11
/ Season 12 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina Episodes

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina - The Complete First Season Episodes on Amazon Instant Video
/ Season 2 / Season 3 / Season 4 / Season 5 / Season 6 / Season 7 / Season 8 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends DVD Set

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Unsolved Mysteries

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of June 17, 2019)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Fall Premiere Dates for CBS; CBS and Viacom in Merger Talks Yet Again
Fri-Yay: Reaction to The Good Place Ending; Antenna TV Brings Back Webster, What's Happening!! and What's Happening Now!!
New Chip 'n' Dale Coming to Disney+ in 2020; Inside the Actors Studio Moves to Ovation and Starts with Sitcom-Themed Show
TBS Celebrates Seinfeld's 30th Anniversary; Netflix Renews Russian Doll for Season 2
Netflix Series Adds Rising Star to New Series; Corporate Gets 3rd and Final Season
Comedy Central Schedules Lights Out with David Spade; NBC's The Good Place to End After Season 4

New on DVD/Blu-ray (April/May/June)

Evening Shade - The Complete Collection Perfect Strangers - The Complete Seventh and Eighth Seasons My Three Sons - The Third Season - Volume One The Brady Bunch - 50th Anniversary The Brady-est TV & Movie Collection Will & Grace (The Revival) - Season Two

04/02 - Archer: Danger Island - The Complete Season Nine
04/09 - You're the Worst - The Complete Fifth Season
04/12 - Evening Shade - The Complete Collection
04/16 - The Big C - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
05/07 - Baskets - The Complete Season Three
05/13 - I'm Dying Up Here - Season 2
05/13 - My Three Sons - The Third Season - Volume One
05/13 - My Three Sons - The Third Season - Volume Two
05/14 - The Donna Reed Show - Seasons 1-5
05/14 - Petticoat Junction - Seasons 1-3
05/28 - Perfect Strangers - The Complete Seventh and Eighth Seasons (WBShop.com)
05/28 - South Park - The Complete Twenty-Second Season (Blu-ray)
06/04 - The Brady Bunch - 50th Anniversary The Brady-est Brady Bunch TV & Movie Collection
06/18 - Will & Grace (The Revival) - Season Two (Blu-ray)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 04-10-2017, 12:40 PM   #1
BDR
Occasional Poster

Default Tyler/ Arthur Paul Beal Case--Funny Police Officers

I am watching Season 4 now. I was watching the case about the guy who was found walking in the desert with amnesia. Come to find out that he was wanted for stealing a truckload of frozen food. I laughed my butt off with the Law Enforcement officers. One Officer--"Amnesia is easy all you have to do is say I don't know and this guys is convincing"!! When they were arresting him he told the officers that he had amnesia and one of the officers asked him how long has be had amnesia and he said for 9 months. Then the other officer told him that if he has amnesia how did he know he had it for 9 months. They slapped the cuffs on him and took him to jail. They were waiting for him to cause problems so they could serve him up an ass whipping. How funny was it that the UM cameras were there?
BDR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2017, 12:47 PM   #2
justins5256

It is surprising to me that this segment is now available in its entirety. For YEARS whenever Lifetime showed it, it was very creatively edited in a manner to show that Beal found out who he was, yet any mention of the criminal charges was completed omitted. I think the Farina reboot actually included this information, however and now apparently Amazon Prime does as well.
justins5256 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2017, 01:03 PM   #3
Todd Mueller
Keepin' it real. . .

It is mentioned on another thread, but in 2007 APB had a heart attack which caused brain damage and he now lives in a health care facility, unable to take care of himself.
Todd Mueller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2017, 01:08 PM   #4
TheCars1986
Proud Daddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by justins5256
It is surprising to me that this segment is now available in its entirety. For YEARS whenever Lifetime showed it, it was very creatively edited in a manner to show that Beal found out who he was, yet any mention of the criminal charges was completed omitted. I think the Farina reboot actually included this information, however and now apparently Amazon Prime does as well.
I wonder why they didn't include it up until the Farina version. Were they trying to paint the case as another "lost love reunited thanks to UM" type of deal? I wonder why UM even decided to re-air this one after it was updated.
TheCars1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2017, 03:26 PM   #5
asmitty
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCars1986
I wonder why they didn't include it up until the Farina version. Were they trying to paint the case as another "lost love reunited thanks to UM" type of deal? I wonder why UM even decided to re-air this one after it was updated.
I think they probably omitted mention of the criminal charges because they'd been resolved. In the update on Amazon, it says he returned to Idaho and served 90 days for petty theft, and the case is now closed. The "guy re-united with his mother" angle is more heart-warming than the other and since the case was closed there was no real reason to mention it and drag his name through the mud. Could be he even objected to it being aired in its entirety at the time. As to why it returned in the Farina re-boot and beyond, I don't know.
asmitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2017, 09:16 PM   #6
juststeph
Occasional Poster

This NEVER DIES... I was having dinner with my oldest son and this was brought up AGAIN. I wasted a lot of time private messaging people to keep this off of the public boards so the kids wouldn't discover that their father is an idiot that faked amnesia on national tv. It didn't work, the kids are smarter than I gave them credit for and they have always known that the amnesia thing was a sham and they were also aware of his drug problems. Hey cars1986 you are one of the people I messaged years ago and I believe I was called "bitter" on a few of the boards. For those of you that don't know I am his ex wife and the only thing that I am bitter about is the fact that Paul was a terrible parent towards his 2 oldest children. For the record... YES, HE FAKED AMNESIA!
juststeph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2017, 09:28 PM   #7
justins5256

Quote:
Originally Posted by juststeph
This NEVER DIES... I was having dinner with my oldest son and this was brought up AGAIN. I wasted a lot of time private messaging people to keep this off of the public boards so the kids wouldn't discover that their father is an idiot that faked amnesia on national tv. It didn't work, the kids are smarter than I gave them credit for and they have always known that the amnesia thing was a sham and they were also aware of his drug problems. Hey cars1986 you are one of the people I messaged years ago and I believe I was called "bitter" on a few of the boards. For those of you that don't know I am his ex wife and the only thing that I am bitter about is the fact that Paul was a terrible parent towards his 2 oldest children. For the record... YES, HE FAKED AMNESIA!
I think the reason this came up again is because Unsolved Mysteries is now on Amazon Prime streaming and they included this episode in the latest release.
justins5256 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2017, 11:02 PM   #8
juststeph
Occasional Poster

Yep, just like Trump's twitter rants, Paul's stupidity shall never fade away. Almost 30 years later and people are still laughing at that episode. It is pretty funny, "If you have amnesia then how do you know how long you've had it?".

As far as any updates he fried his brain in 2007 and he is living in a nursing home outside of San Francisco. One of his side girlfriends used to email me on the regular but I think she got bored and moved on. Her main motivation was to annoy his main girlfriend who had the 2 younger kids. At the time of his heart attack he was stringing along at least 3 women that I know of and convinced one of his side girls that he would leave his main girlfriend and move the kids to some tiny town in Montana. That heart attack ruined all of his big plans.

I just thought of this because for the first time ever I am not trying to protect children but... I just got to thinking about it and it is rather suspicious that he supposedly had plans to grab the children, leave their mother (the live in girlfriend) behind and move to Montana but had a heart attack before he could enact his plan. Also the mother of those children is currently living with a fellow that there were rumors of her sleeping with before Paul had his heart attack. This has the makings of a Lifetime movie. I want Jodie Foster to play me.

Last edited by juststeph; 04-11-2017 at 12:02 AM.
Old 04-11-2017, 01:18 AM   #9
BDR
Occasional Poster

Did you have any interactions with him that lead you to believe that he was faking or did you just know it because you knew him?
BDR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2017, 12:02 PM   #10
juststeph
Occasional Poster

None of this matters anymore. The guy has been stuck in a wheelchair for almost 10 years. But let me count the ways...

1. I was contacted by USM the night that it aired and I gave them all of my contact information including the fact that he had 2 small children. He never inquired about the children.

2. He had 3 phone numbers given to him. One was for his father in Idaho that originally identified him, mine and his mother. Instead of calling the guy that identified him or the woman with his children he chose to call his mother who would be the most likely to believe his story.

3. Replay the "reunion" scene when he gets bailed out of jail and you can see by his body language that he recognizes his mother but holds himself stiff to act like he doesn't.

4. When he went back to Boise to clear up the theft charges he repeatedly made mistakes when interacting with his father.

5. People that he previously knew showed up at his court hearing and he initially made eye contact and started to wave but stopped himself and quickly looked away. He then refused to look in their direction again.

6. He chose to stay west instead of returning to his family in the midwest. His sisters, mother and stepfather lived in Iowa. His children were also in Iowa. A normal person that had lost their memory would have chosen to be around people that might spark their memory.

7. He always swore that he didn't get his memory back but on the one visit that he made to see the children he became excited about Taco John's still being in business because that was his favorite place to eat when he was in high school.

8. He also made numerous mistakes every time that I spoke to him.
Old 04-11-2017, 12:21 PM   #11
hostedbyrobertstack
Forum Regular

Quote:
None of this matters anymore. The guy has been stuck in a wheelchair for almost 10 years. But let me count the ways...

1. I was contacted by USM the night that it aired and I gave them all of my contact information including the fact that he had 2 small children. He never inquired about the children.

2. He had 3 phone numbers given to him. One was for his father in Idaho that originally identified him, mine and his mother. Instead of calling the guy that identified him or the woman with his children he chose to call his mother who would be the most likely to believe his story.

3. Replay the "reunion" scene when he gets bailed out of jail and you can see by his body language that he recognizes his mother but holds himself stiff to act like he doesn't.

4. When he went back to Boise to clear up the theft charges he repeatedly made mistakes when interacting with his father.

5. People that he previously knew showed up at his court hearing and he initially made eye contact and started to wave but stopped himself and quickly looked away. He then refused to look in their direction again.

6. He chose to stay west instead of returning to his family in the midwest. His sisters, mother and stepfather lived in Iowa. His children were also in Iowa. A normal person that had lost their memory would have chosen to be around people that might spark their memory.

7. He always swore that he didn't get his memory back but on the one visit that he made to see the children he became excited about Taco John's still being in business because that was his favorite place to eat when he was in high school.

A couple of questions... So was APB actually in the Navy or something of that sort? Had his flown before and rebuilt engines from scratch? Also, did he actually spend time in San Diego, or was that a fabrication as well?
hostedbyrobertstack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2017, 01:27 PM   #12
TheCars1986
Proud Daddy

Quote:

Interesting...thanks for the information!
TheCars1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2017, 03:24 PM   #13
juststeph
Occasional Poster

He graduated high school in 1986 and his entry into the Navy was delayed because he contracted mono spring/summer 1986. He was a sonar tech (STG3) in the Navy. He was stationed in San Diego from 1986 to 1987 and from there he went to Long Beach where he was from 1988 to 1990. He broke his ankle playing softball spring of 1987 and spent most of his time in the military on limited duty. He did not have any sort of flight training. I met him in San Diego early 1987 and we were only talking when he broke his ankle and we actually started dating after he returned from his recuperation. We got married in September right before I was due to be transferred to Great Lakes Naval Base. Those were the days before cell phones and internet and the reason to get married was because otherwise we would never see each other again. I was 19 and stupid. He didn't bother to tell his mother until after we were married and that was when I found out he had a fiancee back home. I was going to get an annulment but then I discovered I was pregnant. He received a medical discharge from the Navy and enrolled at Boise State January of 1990. I became annoyed with his multiple girlfriends and left him and moved home to Iowa February of 1990. His mother is an idiot and her great advice was that a woman always assumes more responsibility in a relationship than a man and I might as well accept that fact and go back to him.

As you can see by the timeline there was no chance that he would have had the time for any type of special ops or flight training. Being able to build an engine is not a remarkable skill and I know plenty of teenaged boys that work on their own vehicles. He was coddled and raised by a woman that excused his lies and never made him be accountable for any of his actions.
Old 04-11-2017, 03:58 PM   #14
LooksLikeCRicci
Likes to live in a clean house

Send a message via AIM to LooksLikeCRicci Send a message via Yahoo to LooksLikeCRicci

Quote:
As you can see by the timeline there was no chance that he would have had the time for any type of special ops or flight training. Being able to build an engine is not a remarkable skill and I know plenty of teenaged boys that work on their own vehicles. He was coddled and raised by a woman that excused his lies and never made him be accountable for any of his actions.
I appreciate the information. I think the reason we are all so curious about Paul is because we did not have ANY of this information previously. I agree with the above poster who mentioned that his case is getting resurrected because of the Amazon Prime streaming of his UM segment...

Thanks for the additional insight into his mother. I always felt really bad for her because I sensed she truly loved Paul and wanted to take care of him. Obviously I didn't have all the information at hand...
LooksLikeCRicci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2017, 04:18 PM   #15
cdr369
Frequent Poster

Thank you for posting. Unfortunately it's difficult to hide things, especially with the internet. And even if his name was squashed on this site, someone else would begin posting about it on Reddit or Websleuth. I guess the important lesson to learn is that people sometimes make stupid mistakes, but that doesn't define them as a person in their entirety.

Also, from the segment, I didn't care for his mother. She seemed so gullible. His acting was obnoxious, and I would really like to see the entire phone "first" phone call between him and his mom, not just the thirty seconds that was aired on UM.
cdr369 is offline   Reply With Quote