Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Mary Hartman, Mary Hartman links and theme songs at Sitcoms Online / Mary Hartman, Mary Hartman Photo Gallery

Mary Hartman, Mary Hartman - Volume 1

Buy Mary Hartman, Mary Hartman - Volume 1 on DVD
Mary Hartman, Mary Hartman - The Complete Series

Buy Mary Hartman, Mary Hartman - The Complete Series on DVD

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > 1970s Sitcoms > Mary Hartman, Mary Hartman

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Comedy Central Gets Friday Talk Show; The Goldbergs Actress Releases Music Video
Fox Fall 2019 Premiere Dates; FX Sets Dates for Fall 2019 Schedule
Barney Miller Summer Fridays on Antenna TV; Tyler Perry Studios Takes Over BET with New Series
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of June 24, 2019)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Mark-Paul Gosselaar Cast in black-ish Spinoff; Urkel Makes a Return in Scooby Doo
Fri-Yay: The Amazing Superstore Season 4 Finale; Netflix Has Healing Powers
Extreme Makeover: Home Edition Returns with "Modern" Twist; Showtime Is Back to Life For New Comedy

New on DVD/Blu-ray (April/May/June)

Evening Shade - The Complete Collection Perfect Strangers - The Complete Seventh and Eighth Seasons My Three Sons - The Third Season - Volume One The Brady Bunch - 50th Anniversary The Brady-est TV & Movie Collection Will & Grace (The Revival) - Season Two

04/02 - Archer: Danger Island - The Complete Season Nine
04/09 - You're the Worst - The Complete Fifth Season
04/12 - Evening Shade - The Complete Collection
04/16 - The Big C - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
05/07 - Baskets - The Complete Season Three
05/13 - I'm Dying Up Here - Season 2
05/13 - My Three Sons - The Third Season - Volume One
05/13 - My Three Sons - The Third Season - Volume Two
05/14 - The Donna Reed Show - Seasons 1-5
05/14 - Petticoat Junction - Seasons 1-3
05/28 - Perfect Strangers - The Complete Seventh and Eighth Seasons (WBShop.com)
05/28 - South Park - The Complete Twenty-Second Season (Blu-ray)
06/04 - The Brady Bunch - 50th Anniversary The Brady-est Brady Bunch TV & Movie Collection
06/18 - Will & Grace (The Revival) - Season Two (Blu-ray)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 06-22-2003, 10:24 PM   #1
GeeBee

Default How did Forever Fernwood "end"?

Does anyone remember what the last episode of Forever Fernwood was and what was going on? Like SOAP, I believe that Forever Fernwood ended on a bunch of unresolved cliffhangers. If memory serves me correctly, Loretta was pregnant with Tom's baby through artificial insemination. Tom was living with Annabel, a lunatic lady posing as Mary. Eleanor was about to marry the now divorced mayor. And George was once again missing. I don't believe these plots were ever resolved. Anyone remember exactly?

Last edited by GeeBee; 09-26-2005 at 09:35 PM.
GeeBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2005, 09:33 PM   #2
GeeBee

bump
GeeBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2006, 02:02 PM   #3
TV Knowledge Fan

Default I wish I knew....

...WNEW-TV, Channel 5 in New York, pulled the show off the air about a month before it officially ended in March 1978. I know Philadelphia saw the ending...at the time, I had saved some Philly TV GUIDES with the plot synopses in the listings, but my mother eventually threw them out.

TV Knowledge Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2015, 03:05 PM   #4
retroTVfan4ever

Message to Shout Factory, please release Forever Fernwood complete series on DVD, as a follow up to the Mary Hartman complete series DVD. This would allow fans to re-visit Forever Fernwood and see how everything wrapped up.
retroTVfan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2019, 12:40 AM   #5
Tim58hsv
First Time Poster

Not sure if this memory is from the Mary Hartman Marry Hartman series or from Forever Fernwood (or from that twilight zone area of my mind) but it seems there was a scene which shows Sgt. Foley and Mary Hartman living together. Sad to say, Sgt. Foley has ended up being just as bored with Mary as her former husband, Tom was.

Meanwhile Mary is mopping the kitchen floor and still wondering about the waxy yellow buildup.
Tim58hsv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2019, 09:31 AM   #6
retroTVfan4ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim58hsv View Post
Not sure if this memory is from the Mary Hartman Marry Hartman series or from Forever Fernwood (or from that twilight zone area of my mind) but it seems there was a scene which shows Sgt. Foley and Mary Hartman living together. Sad to say, Sgt. Foley has ended up being just as bored with Mary as her former husband, Tom was.

Meanwhile Mary is mopping the kitchen floor and still wondering about the waxy yellow buildup.
Your memory is from Mary Hartman's series finale, episode #325.

I don't remember how Forever Fernwood ends, but the person who began this thread might have the ending close to correct.

I'm still hoping Shout Factory will eventually release Forever Fernwood complete series on DVD. It needs to be released so fans of Mary Hartman can see this interesting follow-up series. Overall, Forever Fernwood has pretty good writing, comparable to the first 130 episodes of Mary Hartman.
retroTVfan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote