Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > General Sitcoms Questions and Discussion

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of June 24, 2019)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Mark-Paul Gosselaar Cast in black-ish Spinoff; Urkel Makes a Return in Scooby Doo
Fri-Yay: The Amazing Superstore Season 4 Finale; Netflix Has Healing Powers
Extreme Makeover: Home Edition Returns with "Modern" Twist; Showtime Is Back to Life For New Comedy
truTV Gets 2nd Season of Tacoma FD; I'm Sorry Gets Season 3 on truTV
NBC Fall 2019 Premiere Dates; The CW Fall 2019 Premiere Dates
Netflix Gets Funny with Pranks with Stranger Things Star; Gabrielle Union and Jessica Alba Series Gets 2nd Season

New on DVD/Blu-ray (April/May/June)

Evening Shade - The Complete Collection Perfect Strangers - The Complete Seventh and Eighth Seasons My Three Sons - The Third Season - Volume One The Brady Bunch - 50th Anniversary The Brady-est TV & Movie Collection Will & Grace (The Revival) - Season Two

04/02 - Archer: Danger Island - The Complete Season Nine
04/09 - You're the Worst - The Complete Fifth Season
04/12 - Evening Shade - The Complete Collection
04/16 - The Big C - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
05/07 - Baskets - The Complete Season Three
05/13 - I'm Dying Up Here - Season 2
05/13 - My Three Sons - The Third Season - Volume One
05/13 - My Three Sons - The Third Season - Volume Two
05/14 - The Donna Reed Show - Seasons 1-5
05/14 - Petticoat Junction - Seasons 1-3
05/28 - Perfect Strangers - The Complete Seventh and Eighth Seasons (WBShop.com)
05/28 - South Park - The Complete Twenty-Second Season (Blu-ray)
06/04 - The Brady Bunch - 50th Anniversary The Brady-est Brady Bunch TV & Movie Collection
06/18 - Will & Grace (The Revival) - Season Two (Blu-ray)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 07-19-2012, 07:40 PM   #76
Mr. Television
16 Years at Sitcoms Online
Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by factsoflife
Cougar Town was the victim of poor scheduling, poor promotion and the obvious fact that ABC had given up on it and didn't do anything to help it.
I do think that's true, at least for last season. I don't know if it would have worked but it would have been better if ABC put it on Wednesdays at 10 while Revenge was in repeats.
Old 07-20-2012, 04:26 AM   #77
EmoJoe
Cool cool cool
Forum Legend

Send a message via MSN to EmoJoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeesrj12
Apartment 23 was below a 2.0 demo WITH Modern Family as a lead in. Without it, it'll struggle to break a 1.3 demo.
Apartment 23 actually did fairly well without the Modern Family lead-in. So...I really don't see why it will suddenly collapse to a 1.3. I mean, damn. Even NBC would frown at those numbers.

I am slightly worried about the Happy Endings/Apartment 23 pairing, especially going against New Girl, but I'm hoping DWTS can keep their numbers in the decent range. I really don't see the total and utter collapse some people here are apparently seeing for them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan423
You're right, but it certainly isn't fair to say it had a stable or really all that successful of a lead in.
Not to mention they were the most wildly incompatible pairing on all of television (an honor that will go to Whitney and Community this year).

www.sitcomsarestupid.blogspot.com
EmoJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 03:40 PM   #78
yankeesrj12

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmoJoe
Apartment 23 actually did fairly well without the Modern Family lead-in. So...I really don't see why it will suddenly collapse to a 1.3. I mean, damn. Even NBC would frown at those numbers.

I am slightly worried about the Happy Endings/Apartment 23 pairing, especially going against New Girl, but I'm hoping DWTS can keep their numbers in the decent range. I really don't see the total and utter collapse some people here are apparently seeing for them.
Cougar Town also did well with repeats of Modern Family as a lead in, and it collapsed to as low as a 1.3 demo. Apartment 23 had only SEVEN episodes in its first season, and all of a sudden ABC thinks it'll work on a new night. I just don't see it happening.
yankeesrj12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 08:12 PM   #79
factsoflife

Quote:
Cougar Town also did well with repeats of Modern Family as a lead in, and it collapsed to as low as a 1.3 demo. Apartment 23 had only SEVEN episodes in its first season, and all of a sudden ABC thinks it'll work on a new night. I just don't see it happening.
ABC is probably banking on Happy Endings (an emerging popular series with critical raves) to provide a nice lead-in since they have an compatible audience.

I'm thinking New Girl may be the one that sheds it's numbers, it was losing viewers all season long. And The Mindy Show looks to be unproven at best.
Old 07-22-2012, 06:44 PM   #80
Janice
Hollywood Swingin'
Administrator
Forum Celebrity

I just LOVE the new show, Final Witness. It's very well done. Did anyone see the one where the guy killed his wife and three small children? It was just so sad. Pavan, is this show on the Fall schedule? We watch it ON DEMAND.
Janice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 08:49 PM   #81
yankeesrj12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janice
I just LOVE the new show, Final Witness. It's very well done. Did anyone see the one where the guy killed his wife and three small children? It was just so sad. Pavan, is this show on the Fall schedule? We watch it ON DEMAND.
Final Witness is a really good show. That episode had to be the saddest one yet. Just what went through that psycho's mind?!

The ratings aren't that great, but they're definitely better than dud The Glass House, which has ABC's number one summer series as a lead in. Too bad ABC never gave Final Witness a solid lead in.
Old 07-22-2012, 09:37 PM   #82
Janice
Hollywood Swingin'
Administrator
Forum Celebrity

Quote:
Final Witness is a really good show. That episode had to be the saddest one yet. Just what went through that psycho's mind?!

The ratings aren't that great, but they're definitely better than dud The Glass House, which has ABC's number one summer series as a lead in. Too bad ABC never gave Final Witness a solid lead in.
Thanks so much for the info. Why that creep couldn't just leave his family is beyond me. Egomaniac. Her sisters were heartbroken. One of them, that was the face of beyond the pale grief; she'll never be the same.

The black widow marrying those poor cops was sad too. They're all sad. I only watch true crime. On the Case with Paula Zahn, Dead or Alive, Snapped, The First 48, Buried Secrets (Stolen Voices), those types of shows. Never one for the CSI shows, etc.
Old 07-22-2012, 11:11 PM   #83
Pavan
SO News/Reviews Director
Administrator
Forum Celebrity

Location: Linden, NJ (Where Hal Linden got his last name from!)
Send a message via ICQ to Pavan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janice
Final Witness is an ABC News summer series. I think it has done OK for them so they could bring it back next summer. That and NY Med are well produced (and critically acclaimed) ABC News series.
SitcomsOnline.com DVD Reviews -- We are #1 in reviews!
Pavan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 02:59 PM   #84
yankeesrj12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pavan
Final Witness is an ABC News summer series. I think it has done OK for them so they could bring it back next summer. That and NY Med are well produced (and critically acclaimed) ABC News series.
I've seen mixed reviews for Final Witness, but haven't bothered looking for any for NY Med. My hope is that ABC gives Final Witness another try next summer. The show can't be that expensive to produce, so hopefully the numbers line up in its favor.
Old 07-23-2012, 06:46 PM   #85
yankeesrj12

Pavan, what are you hearing about this: http://www.deadline.com/2012/07/abcs...ap-time-slots/
Old 07-23-2012, 07:44 PM   #86
Pavan
SO News/Reviews Director
Administrator
Forum Celebrity

Location: Linden, NJ (Where Hal Linden got his last name from!)
Send a message via ICQ to Pavan

Quote:
Pavan, what are you hearing about this: http://www.deadline.com/2012/07/abcs...ap-time-slots/
I think that is possible because they are going to test it in late August for at least 3 weeks in repeats. I like the move. The Neighbors fits in tone with The Middle and is more family friendly.
Pavan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 09:45 PM   #87
Janice
Hollywood Swingin'
Administrator
Forum Celebrity

Quote:
Thanks Pav. I'd love to see more of the show, after summer, but just my luck. I know my true crime shows, and Final Witness is very well done. Creative touch at the end when the actor holds a photo of the victim that they played in the show.
Old 07-23-2012, 10:00 PM   #88
Mr. Television
16 Years at Sitcoms Online
Forum Legend

Quote:
I think that is possible because they are going to test it in late August for at least 3 weeks in repeats. I like the move. The Neighbors fits in tone with The Middle and is more family friendly.
I like that. It gives a better lead in to Nashville too.
Mr. Television is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 11:06 PM   #89
benjamoon
Bewitched

Switching The Neighbors and Suburgatory is a step in the right direction and most likely good for Suburgatory and def good for Nashville. As for The Neighbors, it's just a step off the schedule which will certainly happen before the calendar turns to 2013 anyway

My favorite TV shows: Bewitched, I Love Lucy, American Dreams, Mary Tyler Moore, The Office, Happy Days, The West Wing, Modern Family, Friday Night Lights, and Friends
benjamoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 11:32 PM   #90
ryan423

Yep. I've said it before and I'll say it again. Whether "The Neighbors" makes it or not (it won't), 9:30 is not the slot to launch a new comedy, 8:30 is. It launched "The Middle" on its own, and launched "Suburgatory" last season. In three seasons, "Cougar Town," "Mr Sunshine," "Happy Endings" and "Don't Trust the B in Apartment 23" have failed to catch the proper steam out of "Modern Family." Moving "Suburgatory" to 9:30 is the best move they can make. Now all that's left is to switch out "The Neighbors" with midseason entry, "How to Live With Your Parents for the Rest of Your Life." The latter is a much, much better show that has potential. Pair "The Neighbors" with the equally poor "Family Tools" Tuesdays at 8 and let them die peacefully.

8:00pm - The Middle
8:30pm - How to Live With Your Parents for the Rest of Your Life
9:00pm - Modern Family
9:30pm - Suburgatory
10:00pm - Nashville

Now just shorten "How to Live's" title, or change it completely. It's not too late if its being saved for November.
ryan423 is offline   Reply With Quote