Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > General Sitcoms Questions and Discussion

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

truTV Gets 2nd Season of Tacoma FD; I'm Sorry Gets Season 3 on truTV
NBC Fall 2019 Premiere Dates; The CW Fall 2019 Premiere Dates
Netflix Gets Funny with Pranks with Stranger Things Star; Gabrielle Union and Jessica Alba Series Gets 2nd Season
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of June 17, 2019)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Fall Premiere Dates for CBS; CBS and Viacom in Merger Talks Yet Again
Fri-Yay: Reaction to The Good Place Ending; Antenna TV Brings Back Webster, What's Happening!! and What's Happening Now!!
New Chip 'n' Dale Coming to Disney+ in 2020; Inside the Actors Studio Moves to Ovation and Starts with Sitcom-Themed Show

New on DVD/Blu-ray (April/May/June)

Evening Shade - The Complete Collection Perfect Strangers - The Complete Seventh and Eighth Seasons My Three Sons - The Third Season - Volume One The Brady Bunch - 50th Anniversary The Brady-est TV & Movie Collection Will & Grace (The Revival) - Season Two

04/02 - Archer: Danger Island - The Complete Season Nine
04/09 - You're the Worst - The Complete Fifth Season
04/12 - Evening Shade - The Complete Collection
04/16 - The Big C - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
05/07 - Baskets - The Complete Season Three
05/13 - I'm Dying Up Here - Season 2
05/13 - My Three Sons - The Third Season - Volume One
05/13 - My Three Sons - The Third Season - Volume Two
05/14 - The Donna Reed Show - Seasons 1-5
05/14 - Petticoat Junction - Seasons 1-3
05/28 - Perfect Strangers - The Complete Seventh and Eighth Seasons (WBShop.com)
05/28 - South Park - The Complete Twenty-Second Season (Blu-ray)
06/04 - The Brady Bunch - 50th Anniversary The Brady-est Brady Bunch TV & Movie Collection
06/18 - Will & Grace (The Revival) - Season Two (Blu-ray)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 05-20-2012, 03:41 PM   #46
mtlguy
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jericho-79
Moving Revenge to Sunday nights is a bad move. No one watches TV on Sunday nights.
Actually I read somewhere last week that Sunday is the night with the most people watching TV.
mtlguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 03:47 PM   #47
EmoJoe
Cool cool cool
Forum Legend

Send a message via MSN to EmoJoe

Yeah Sunday is a huge night for TV...

www.sitcomsarestupid.blogspot.com
EmoJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 04:27 PM   #48
Mr. Television
16 Years at Sitcoms Online
Forum Legend

It's also huge for cable tv...The Walking Dead, Game of Thrones, Dexter etc.
Old 05-20-2012, 05:45 PM   #49
factsoflife

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmoJoe
Yeah Sunday is a huge night for TV...
Sunday's is a great night for TV! My favorite show, "The Good Wife" is on Sunday.
Old 05-20-2012, 08:45 PM   #50
ryan423

Revenge will give me something good to watch on Sunday nights. No complaints! Wednesdays were getting busy. Now with the surplus of comedies next season primarily on Tuesdays, that'll be the busiest night. Thank goodness for DVR!
ryan423 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 10:04 PM   #51
Pavan
SO News/Reviews Director
Administrator
Forum Celebrity

Location: Linden, NJ (Where Hal Linden got his last name from!)
Send a message via ICQ to Pavan

Revenge is going to one of the best nights on TV where live viewing is. Plus it is moving to 9pm. And the historic Desperate Housewives timeslot. I think Revenge will be breaking out big time in season two, especially after Once Upon a Time.
SitcomsOnline.com DVD Reviews -- We are #1 in reviews!
Pavan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 12:03 AM   #52
canuck75
Occasional Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pavan
Beginning to watch pilots, first watched: Mistresses. It doesn't debut until 2013 (hopefully earlier than May). It is addicting, delicious & naughty! As always, Alyssa Milano is great to watch and easy on the eyes, as usual! Great stories to start the show off. And Yunjin Kim's story is excellent!

That's all I can say for now, as we can't review yet. We'll have little blurbs from the other 9 pilots here soon.
I am sorry for the bombardment of questions regarding Alyssa and Mistresses, but I am just craving any info I can get on both.

I know the show is based on the BBC series "Mistresses" which I have never seen. Do you know if the ABC series will be identical to the BBC series, just rewritten for the North American audience? Or is the ABC series just using the BBC series as a starting premise, but the actual story lines will all be original?

Also, before watching the pilot did you have a good idea of what to expect or were you completely in the dark about what the story arcs would be? if the latter can you hint at something that you were surprised by or caught you off guard?

Finally, I wasn't a huge fan of DH and felt that ABC's editing of the Mistresses trailer made it seem like the same show with different actresses. I hope that Mistresses isn't DH 2, that reviews don't imply that & future trailers/teasers emphasize Mistresses differences.

Thanks for being so generous in your replies to my constant questions. Please let me know if I've become a nuisance.
canuck75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 02:17 AM   #53
factsoflife

Quote:
Originally Posted by canuck75
I am sorry for the bombardment of questions regarding Alyssa and Mistresses, but I am just craving any info I can get on both.

I know the show is based on the BBC series "Mistresses" which I have never seen. Do you know if the ABC series will be identical to the BBC series, just rewritten for the North American audience? Or is the ABC series just using the BBC series as a starting premise, but the actual story lines will all be original?

Also, before watching the pilot did you have a good idea of what to expect or were you completely in the dark about what the story arcs would be? if the latter can you hint at something that you were surprised by or caught you off guard?

Finally, I wasn't a huge fan of DH and felt that ABC's editing of the Mistresses trailer made it seem like the same show with different actresses. I hope that Mistresses isn't DH 2, that reviews don't imply that & future trailers/teasers emphasize Mistresses differences.

Thanks for being so generous in your replies to my constant questions. Please let me know if I've become a nuisance.
I wouldn't get too excited about Mistresses. From the trailers I've seen it doesn't look like a keeper. I really wish ABC had gone with Marc Cherry's "Devious Maids" instead.
factsoflife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 07:18 PM   #54
Pavan
SO News/Reviews Director
Administrator
Forum Celebrity

factsoflife: trailers are deceiving. I've seen the pilot. It is excellent. canuck75: will get back to you.
Old 05-23-2012, 03:54 PM   #55
Rehsip
Frequent Poster

Thursday, November 1, 2012
8:00 PM - 11:00 PM The 46th Annual CMA Awards
Rehsip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 12:03 PM   #56
catsrule
Cat-tastic and Whiskerlicious
Forum Veteran

I bet Happy Endings crashes just like Cougar Town did when moved away from Modern Family. Last Man Standing would have been a better choice for Tuesdays at 9:00, it's more compatible with DWTS and goes after a different audience than New Girl.
My Top 100 TV Theme Songs http://www.sitcomsonline.com/boards/...28#post5320128
Is Christ the cornerstone of your life? If not, he should be.

catsrule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 01:28 PM   #57
yankeesrj12

Quote:
Originally Posted by catsrule
I bet Happy Endings crashes just like Cougar Town did when moved away from Modern Family. Last Man Standing would have been a better choice for Tuesdays at 9:00, it's more compatible with DWTS and goes after a different audience than New Girl.
I think Last Man Standing and Malibu Country are in the same boat Body of Proof was two seasons back (fall 2010). ABC said it would premiere on Fridays in November, but it never did. When Happy Endings and Don't Trust the Bitch in Apartment 23 bomb, I'm sure Last Man Standing and Malibu Country will move right in.
yankeesrj12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 09:06 AM   #58
Cyrax
Frequent Poster

Any clue when ABC is announcing the Fall premiere dates? Every other network has done it already!
Cyrax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 12:49 PM   #59
Pavan
SO News/Reviews Director
Administrator
Forum Celebrity

Pretty soon.

I have these dates so far:

Fridays
Shark Tank and What Would You Do? will have their season premieres on Friday, Sept. 14. Last Man Standing will then have its season premiere (likely two episodes) on Friday, Oct. 26 leading into the new time period debut for Shark Tank. Then, following the night of the CMA Awards, Malibu Country will launch on Friday, Nov. 2 at 8:30pm.
Old 07-15-2012, 01:12 PM   #60
yankeesrj12

I'm hoping ABC decides to leave Shark Tank at 8pm instead of moving it for the two comedies. Why mess with success?
yankeesrj12 is offline   Reply With Quote