Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Chico and the Man Online / Chico and the Man links and theme songs at Sitcoms Online / Chico and the Man Photo Gallery

Chico and the Man - Television Favorites

Buy Chico and the Man - Television Favorites on DVD

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > 1970s Sitcoms > Chico and the Man

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

truTV Gets 2nd Season of Tacoma FD; I'm Sorry Gets Season 3 on truTV
NBC Fall 2019 Premiere Dates; The CW Fall 2019 Premiere Dates
Netflix Gets Funny with Pranks with Stranger Things Star; Gabrielle Union and Jessica Alba Series Gets 2nd Season
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of June 17, 2019)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Fall Premiere Dates for CBS; CBS and Viacom in Merger Talks Yet Again
Fri-Yay: Reaction to The Good Place Ending; Antenna TV Brings Back Webster, What's Happening!! and What's Happening Now!!
New Chip 'n' Dale Coming to Disney+ in 2020; Inside the Actors Studio Moves to Ovation and Starts with Sitcom-Themed Show

New on DVD/Blu-ray (April/May/June)

Evening Shade - The Complete Collection Perfect Strangers - The Complete Seventh and Eighth Seasons My Three Sons - The Third Season - Volume One The Brady Bunch - 50th Anniversary The Brady-est TV & Movie Collection Will & Grace (The Revival) - Season Two

04/02 - Archer: Danger Island - The Complete Season Nine
04/09 - You're the Worst - The Complete Fifth Season
04/12 - Evening Shade - The Complete Collection
04/16 - The Big C - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
05/07 - Baskets - The Complete Season Three
05/13 - I'm Dying Up Here - Season 2
05/13 - My Three Sons - The Third Season - Volume One
05/13 - My Three Sons - The Third Season - Volume Two
05/14 - The Donna Reed Show - Seasons 1-5
05/14 - Petticoat Junction - Seasons 1-3
05/28 - Perfect Strangers - The Complete Seventh and Eighth Seasons (WBShop.com)
05/28 - South Park - The Complete Twenty-Second Season (Blu-ray)
06/04 - The Brady Bunch - 50th Anniversary The Brady-est Brady Bunch TV & Movie Collection
06/18 - Will & Grace (The Revival) - Season Two (Blu-ray)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 07-23-2011, 02:12 AM   #1
Danisel331
Kisses for my fans!

Send a message via AIM to Danisel331 Send a message via MSN to Danisel331
Default Hey lovelies!

Where did everybody go?!
Well, I just wanted to drop by and tell y'all about what I found last night. Have any of you heard of the social network, Get Glue? In case you haven't, it's a site where you can go and mark things you like and the more things you like and the more times you check in on them, you earn stickers. Once you have earned 20 stickers, they will send you copies of the stickers you've earned (if you order them!)
Guess what I found!?!?
They have a page for Million Dollar Ripoff, a page for Freddie himself and a page for Chico And The Man. I'm not totally sure, but I've seen mentioned that Get Glue hits CAN influence ratings of certain shows and possibly even DVD releases. Point is......IF we can show a big following for these things......maybe it could help us to get the DVD we all want. Couldn't hurt, right? So, if you get a chance, drop by Get Glue and start marking Freddie and the gang.......maybe this way can help us get what we want!
You gave us Heaven on Earth for a week
Danisel331 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 10:33 PM   #2
Cheryl Harrell
I Love You Mike 4-Ever

Send a message via ICQ to Cheryl Harrell Send a message via AIM to Cheryl Harrell Send a message via Yahoo to Cheryl Harrell

Welcome back! Thanks for the info. I'll have to check that out.

"Make it your way, who can beat the Lord, the Son of God. Dear Lord, help me be strong where I am weak, if it be your will"-- The Late Freddie Prinze Sr
Cheryl Harrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 02:05 PM   #3
MC70
Frequent Poster

Smile Hi, I'm still here!

I'll check out the site too. I'll do anything I have to in order to get the entire series of Chico and The Man on DVD. I'm curious about the movie Million Dollar Rip Off too.

Monique
MC70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 02:48 PM   #4
MC70
Frequent Poster

Default I'm confused

I went to the Get Glue website and I don't see anything on there that has to do with Freddie Prinze, Chico and The Man or Million Dollar Rip Off. Where did you see it? I looked everywhere on the site.

Monique
Old 07-25-2011, 01:33 AM   #5
Danisel331
Kisses for my fans!

Couldn't find the pages?! Oh NO!
Not to worry........help is on the way!!!!!

Freddie Prinze
Chico and The Man
Million Dollar Ripoff
Now Check in as often as you can! We will show those people that Freddie is not forgotten and the fans deserve to be heard!
Old 07-25-2011, 01:07 PM   #6
MC70
Frequent Poster

Smile Hi

Thank you for helping me. I started a GetGlue account and I checked in to the Freddie sites. I'll keep checking in as often as I can. Anything to get the entire series on DVD. Thank you for letting us know about GetGlue. Oh by the way, the posts I made have a picture of an adorable dog next to them. It's not my dog. It's a picture that was given to my account.

Monique
Old 07-26-2011, 02:26 AM   #7
Danisel331
Kisses for my fans!

Glad to help!
I followed you....hope you don't mind!
Oh.....you can change your picture if you want.....just go to your account settings. Enjoy! And don't forget.....we have to show these people there is an audience for this show.
Old 07-26-2011, 01:46 PM   #8
MC70
Frequent Poster

Smile Hi

You can follow me. I don't mind. I followed you too. Pretty soon, I'll be replacing the Dog with my picture. I updated my profile. With my name and a short Biography. Now that I've done that, will my name show next to my posts instead of the word "You"? Or do I have to upload my picture first? I noticed one of the things you said you liked was I Love Lucy. I like that show too. The Lucy Show that was on from 1963 to 1968 is good too. I have that on DVD. Well, I'm headed to GetGlue right now. Hopefully we can get enough hits to let Warner Brothers know how much we want Chico and The Man. I noticed Chico and The Man episodes are up on youtube again. Do you know why TV Land stopped showing it?

Monique
Old 07-26-2011, 02:41 PM   #9
MC70
Frequent Poster

Smile Me Again

I decided to upload a photo of a nice Fall Day instead. I was wondering why the picture of the Dog stays next to my posts. Since I uploaded the Fall Day picture, I would think that picture would show up next to my posts. Am I doing something wrong? The new picture is in my profile but when I check in on something, next to my post the Dog shows up.

Monique
Old 07-27-2011, 02:54 AM   #10
Danisel331
Kisses for my fans!

On your next log-in it should show your new picture.That's how mine did anyway. It will show your name too, but probably on your next log-in. Don't worry!
I don't know 100% why TVLand quit showing Chico other than they let the contract run out. Towards the end of their showing it, they had it come on at 3 in the morning. Not the best spot for a show to do well ratings wise. Now The American channel....I know I'm not remembering the name right.....it started out as the Good Life channel, but they changed their name.....they showed Chico and The Man as well, but I don't think it lasted very long there either. Hopefully, we can get a DVD to come out though!
Old 07-27-2011, 01:38 PM   #11
MC70
Frequent Poster

So far it doesn't look like Chico and The Man is getting enough hits. How many hits will it have to get in order to be put on DVD? I don't get it. That show is very funny just like some of the other 1970s shows. Yet the other comedy shows from the 1970s have at least one season released if not the whole season. Why is Chico and The Man being left out? Why Warner Brothers can't release the series I just can't figure out. It's a waste of time emailing them because they always have the same answer. In other words they don't really answer your question.

Monique
Old 07-28-2011, 02:24 AM   #12
Danisel331
Kisses for my fans!

Come, come Monique! Don't get discouraged! The Man, he ain't so hard to understand.....
Yeah, like you've said almost every other show listed here from the 1970's has at least one season on DVD, if not the entire series. They try out some shows to see how they will do. That's what we were told about the "Favorites" DVD that was released. It was a test to see how well the show would sell. They also say there are copyrights and such too.......same old story.....but we, the fans, can't give up! There has to be a way we can show them that there is an audience for the show. Freddie not being remembered very well and Scatman Crothers and Jack Albertson being remembered for many other things they did.....it makes it difficult, but we'll get through to them some how! Don't fret!
Old 07-28-2011, 11:15 AM   #13
MC70
Frequent Poster

Smile You're right.

We can't give up. I know that Freddie Prinze jr. makes sure that his Dad is not forgotten. Maybe there are Freddie Prinze jr. fans out there who are now curious about his Dad. We'll just have to wait and see what happens. I know the Chico and The Man Television favorites DVD is still selling. I've seen other stores sell it on Amazon. The DVD most of the time gets 5 stars. The people who don't give it 5 stars are the ones who would rather have a whole season of the show. Even if just one season is released, I'll be happy. I promise I won't give up.
Old 07-29-2011, 02:25 AM   #14
Danisel331
Kisses for my fans!

That's the spirit!
WE have to promote the show as much as we can too. I know some of the ladies here (and gentlemen) have registered with the site TV Shows On DVD. In case you haven't though, please go!
At this site, you can vote for shows that have no DVD release out. You can vote for episode DVDs, Best Of DVDs, or SEASON DVDs.......you also get updates when releases will happen for the shows you choose. Remember though, WE WON'T LET CHICO BE FORGOTTEN!
Old 07-29-2011, 11:52 AM   #15
MC70
Frequent Poster

Smile Hi

I registered at tvshowsondvd.com. How can you tell how many votes a show has gotten so far? I read the news on the site about Chico and The Man but the information is outdated. It goes back to 2005.

Monique