Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Trading Post > Trading Post - Archives - Read-Only

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of June 17, 2019)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Fall Premiere Dates for CBS; CBS and Viacom in Merger Talks Yet Again
Fri-Yay: Reaction to The Good Place Ending; Antenna TV Brings Back Webster, What's Happening!! and What's Happening Now!!
New Chip 'n' Dale Coming to Disney+ in 2020; Inside the Actors Studio Moves to Ovation and Starts with Sitcom-Themed Show
TBS Celebrates Seinfeld's 30th Anniversary; Netflix Renews Russian Doll for Season 2
Netflix Series Adds Rising Star to New Series; Corporate Gets 3rd and Final Season
Comedy Central Schedules Lights Out with David Spade; NBC's The Good Place to End After Season 4

New on DVD/Blu-ray (April/May/June)

Evening Shade - The Complete Collection Perfect Strangers - The Complete Seventh and Eighth Seasons My Three Sons - The Third Season - Volume One The Brady Bunch - 50th Anniversary The Brady-est TV & Movie Collection Will & Grace (The Revival) - Season Two

04/02 - Archer: Danger Island - The Complete Season Nine
04/09 - You're the Worst - The Complete Fifth Season
04/12 - Evening Shade - The Complete Collection
04/16 - The Big C - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
05/07 - Baskets - The Complete Season Three
05/13 - I'm Dying Up Here - Season 2
05/13 - My Three Sons - The Third Season - Volume One
05/13 - My Three Sons - The Third Season - Volume Two
05/14 - The Donna Reed Show - Seasons 1-5
05/14 - Petticoat Junction - Seasons 1-3
05/28 - Perfect Strangers - The Complete Seventh and Eighth Seasons (WBShop.com)
05/28 - South Park - The Complete Twenty-Second Season (Blu-ray)
06/04 - The Brady Bunch - 50th Anniversary The Brady-est Brady Bunch TV & Movie Collection
06/18 - Will & Grace (The Revival) - Season Two (Blu-ray)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 07-17-2004, 04:52 AM   #16
ML21
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally posted by tvobscurities
And now we know first hand the problem with bad traders lists. How does one define a bad trader? Is it someone who messes up a trade once, and tries to rectify it? Is a bad trader someone who does everything right but the other person involved isn't happy and tries to blacklist the other trader?

How is this list verified? How do we know everyone on the list is a scammer?

For all we know, half the people on that list could have done nothing wrong yet someone was in a pissy mood and decided to lie about a trade. And for what its worth, the "bad traders list" is ku7uk's first post...

And Beavis, with all due respect, that post is wacked out!

oh please
Old 07-17-2004, 07:02 AM   #17
jasoncole
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally posted by tvobscurities
And now we know first hand the problem with bad traders lists. How does one define a bad trader? Is it someone who messes up a trade once, and tries to rectify it? Is a bad trader someone who does everything right but the other person involved isn't happy and tries to blacklist the other trader?

How is this list verified? How do we know everyone on the list is a scammer?

For all we know, half the people on that list could have done nothing wrong yet someone was in a pissy mood and decided to lie about a trade. And for what its worth, the "bad traders list" is ku7uk's first post...

And Beavis, with all due respect, that post is wacked out!

in all fairness i believe that tv obscurities has some valid points
i first read this list on tv tape trade and someone comlplaine d that they were on it ku7uk then replied saying that he had made a mistake and that the trader didn't have enough ticks against her name so to speak to warrant being on the list .but he couldn't edit the post
here is the trader they are classed as good until something changes

Marcie Bower. from Belleville, Michigan.

Alias:

BrandyBrown25
Marcie Bower
Adrienne Charles
Jewel48192
Ivy Miller
Mary Little
Brandi
mmcnum1fan
mmcchic23
tvshowluver25
fastlanechick1980
TruDushku
Lucy

And emails:

honest_trades_only@yahoo.com
huronchick53@yahoo.com
marcie_21@webtv.net
muzicfan23@netzero.com
mmcnum1fan@yahoo.com
mmcchic23@yahoo.com
tvshowluver@yahoo.com
ADMABOCH@WEBTV.NET

although this person is classed as good i find it interesting that if she is genuine why does she have eleven aliases multiple emails , and a few usernames that have been banned by this forum

just my thoughts which could be wrong ,it is getting late
Old 07-17-2004, 11:35 AM   #18
Agent 13

Jason,

While I wouldn't necessarily label a banned member a bad trader, I would think of her more as a trading risk.

By the way, TJ and pavandal are the only ones that can ban people and delete posts, and they only do that with much provocation.

"la caveat emptor."

Last edited by Agent 13; 07-17-2004 at 02:11 PM.
Old 07-17-2004, 04:36 PM   #19
tvfan0101
Forum Regular

N/A

Last edited by tvfan0101; 03-30-2011 at 10:52 PM.
Old 08-02-2004, 03:41 PM   #20
AcidBurnz1107
Frequent Poster

Default Bad trader?

Fullhousefever: real name: Jeremy Augst (barrywilliamsfan03@yahoo.com)
acidburnz1107@aol.com

I am AcidBurnz1107! I am not barrywilliamsfan,fullhousefever or jeremy august! Please update your info! i am a female he is a male! i am 23! i have 2 kids! my point is i am not him and do not wish to be linked with him
Old 08-03-2004, 08:43 AM   #21
jasoncole
Frequent Poster

Default Re: Bad trader?

Quote:
Originally posted by AcidBurnz1107
acidburnz1107@aol.com

I am AcidBurnz1107! I am not barrywilliamsfan,fullhousefever or jeremy august! Please update your info! i am a female he is a male! i am 23! i have 2 kids! my point is i am not him and do not wish to be linked with him
don't panic just yet!!

if you look carefully at how the list is done you will notice that

are all the same person and then you are listed spearately below

acidburnz1107@aol.com

ku7uk doesn't put the email address of a trader on a different line . have another look from the top of that section and you will know what i mean

Old 08-03-2004, 01:35 PM   #22
AcidBurnz1107
Frequent Poster

Default oohh ok

Ohh ok. Every1 that is listing us as bad traders are putting me after him so you could see why i thought that. Really i didnt even know i was on a bad traders list til some1 told me.
Old 08-25-2004, 09:02 PM   #23
Beavis
Forum Regular

Any more bad traders? I love this thread and it should be kept up here on top for all to see...
Old 08-25-2004, 11:59 PM   #24
Agent 13

Beavis,

Take s'more chances and maybe you'll be able to add to the bad traders hall of fame.
Old 08-26-2004, 12:21 AM   #25
Beavis
Forum Regular

Agent 13

Old 08-26-2004, 12:26 AM   #26
Agent 13

I was speaking tongue in cheek... No insult intended.

In other words, don't do trader checks and automatically send first, no matter who asks. Then when you get burned, you'll have another name to add to the list.

============================================

Bad trader posts come and go. Here are some links to those discussed above plus more that have may have been mentioned only a couple of times. The list is by no means complete nor is it infallible. Note: I'm not putting the sitcomsonline's stamp of approval on any of these. You be the judge:

Tonia Bibby, Windsor, Maine
Lisa Mailman - Canada
roxiemillion: Tonya Lachell (Trinity, NC or Sophia, NC),
Elizabeth Buckman Elizabeth Buckman
Pamela Beaty/Maples/etc. - Loudon, TN
momofhayley/Sue Nicole/Pamela Beaty/Maples/etc. - Port Charlotte, FL
Patricia Shackett - Fair Haven, VT
Patricia Shackett/Richard Johnson - Fair Haven/Rutland, VT
Richard Johnson - Rutland, VT
Remigio Rozzga - Poland
Abel Modero - Bayonne, NJ
James McCollum - A.k.a Cheeseman
Joe Warren - 'Texasman'
Carl Honomichl - Salina, Kansas
Duhamel Hottie
Jess Overton
Joe Carroll
Chris Persia
Dave Stevenson

Last edited by TJ; 02-04-2011 at 02:02 AM.
Old 09-24-2004, 09:19 PM   #27
padre
Cookie baker
Forum Regular

Hi,

Just wanted to post info about a bad trader. His info:

Columboondvd@aol.com
Jay Joyl
4110 Clark St
Montreal, Quebec
Canada, H2W 1W9
514-261-0094

Back in early August, we agreed on a trade for 8 dvds of Addams Family for 8 dvds of Get Smart. Well, mine went to him and arrived no problem, as this reply from Mr. Joyl notes:

"Hi Kevin,

I got the Addams Family on Friday, thank you so much, however I completely forgot to send you your set, and frankly I don;t even remember what you wanted, can you send me what you wanted again and I will get it to you ASAP.

Sorry about that"

Seemed innocent enough. Well, that was a month ago. He hasn't answered a single email and that phone number is bogus - rings and rings with no answer.

So, what we have here is a bad trader. Beware!

Kevin
Old 09-26-2004, 11:32 AM   #28
Buzzoon
Occasional Poster

Personally, I can't understand what motivates a "bad trader". These people end up ripping off other people for a few tapes. The tapes and postage have little value when you consider other scams that are occurring on the internet. To go through the effort of setting up an email address and then providing a real mailing address just to steal a few tapes doesn't make sense. What would they do if one of us went nuts and physically went after them?

What's the point?

Are they so desperate to see a teevee show they haven't seen for awhile that they are willing to damage their reputation and risk a personal visit from an irate trader?

Are they making money by ripping us off for the tapes then making/selling copies to others? With so much stuff coming out on commerical DVD these days, their market must bw dwindling.

Are they simply bored brats who have nothing better to do with Mom's PC (like the pretend bidders on eBay)?

Or are they just so disorganized that they "forget" about sending their part of the trade?

Can we hear from some of these bad traders please :-)
Old 10-04-2004, 04:59 PM   #29
ML21
Frequent Poster

tvobscurities wrote:

And ML21, while I appreciate the fact that you may disagree with me, at least I added something constructive to this thread rather than a childish retort. I had some concerns, I raised them, they were addressed. No harm, no foul. I see no reason for your "response" to my post. [/B][/QUOTE]

know what? I couldn't care less if you see a reason in my "response" or not. This was my statement - period -
Old 10-31-2004, 06:49 PM   #30
DAJIZZARIZZA
Banned
Banned!!

Default farmerboy_9999 IS A SCAMER AND BADTRADER

I DEALT WITH HIM...HE IS A BUM AND CAN NOT BE TRUSTED...STOLE MY SETS NEVER ANSWERED E-MAIL

B.U.M.