Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Game Shows Photo Gallery

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Game Shows

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

NBC Fall 2019 Premiere Dates; The CW Fall 2019 Premiere Dates
Netflix Gets Funny with Pranks with Stranger Things Star; Gabrielle Union and Jessica Alba Series Gets 2nd Season
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of June 17, 2019)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Fall Premiere Dates for CBS; CBS and Viacom in Merger Talks Yet Again
Fri-Yay: Reaction to The Good Place Ending; Antenna TV Brings Back Webster, What's Happening!! and What's Happening Now!!
New Chip 'n' Dale Coming to Disney+ in 2020; Inside the Actors Studio Moves to Ovation and Starts with Sitcom-Themed Show
TBS Celebrates Seinfeld's 30th Anniversary; Netflix Renews Russian Doll for Season 2

New on DVD/Blu-ray (April/May/June)

Evening Shade - The Complete Collection Perfect Strangers - The Complete Seventh and Eighth Seasons My Three Sons - The Third Season - Volume One The Brady Bunch - 50th Anniversary The Brady-est TV & Movie Collection Will & Grace (The Revival) - Season Two

04/02 - Archer: Danger Island - The Complete Season Nine
04/09 - You're the Worst - The Complete Fifth Season
04/12 - Evening Shade - The Complete Collection
04/16 - The Big C - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
05/07 - Baskets - The Complete Season Three
05/13 - I'm Dying Up Here - Season 2
05/13 - My Three Sons - The Third Season - Volume One
05/13 - My Three Sons - The Third Season - Volume Two
05/14 - The Donna Reed Show - Seasons 1-5
05/14 - Petticoat Junction - Seasons 1-3
05/28 - Perfect Strangers - The Complete Seventh and Eighth Seasons (WBShop.com)
05/28 - South Park - The Complete Twenty-Second Season (Blu-ray)
06/04 - The Brady Bunch - 50th Anniversary The Brady-est Brady Bunch TV & Movie Collection
06/18 - Will & Grace (The Revival) - Season Two (Blu-ray)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 02-27-2019, 12:50 AM   #1
LaBestia
Ben Bailey's Taxi Girl

Default Is Press Your Luck being revived this summer?

I heard that ABC is planning to make a new version of Press Your Luck as part of their Sunday summer game show block and I would like to know if it is true? From what I read so far about this Press Your Luck revival is that no host has been chosen yet. From it's debut in 1983 to the GSN version Whammy The All New Press Your Luck Press Your Luck really is such a classic game show and if he were still alive today Peter Tomarken would be proud of this revival
Bestie
Old 02-27-2019, 02:26 PM   #2
DadTheKing

Hi, Bestie! I wish they would bring back PYL. Also, wasn't there a scandal on the original PYL?
DTK
Attached Images

DadTheKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2019, 04:47 PM   #3
LaBestia
Ben Bailey's Taxi Girl

I saw the first ever commercial for ABC's Press Your Luck reboot and it is such a cute commercial and I think ABC will do an awesome job of returning Press Your Luck to TV. I also find it surprising that actress Elizabeth Banks will also be the first ever female host of Press Your Luck rather than Todd Newton and I only knew Elizabeth Banks from the Pitch Perfect movies because it's one of my favorite movies as well and i'm sure she'll do an awesome job with Press Your Luck. I'm especially glad to see the hand-drawn Whammies return because they are cute and they're the original S. Steve Holland Whammies and that's what made them a classic part of Press Your Luck history. We shall be ready June 12th to see how awesome this show will be
Bestie
LaBestia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2019, 06:28 PM   #4
Coffeecup
coffeecup.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DadTheKing View Post
Hi, Bestie! I wish they would bring back PYL. Also, wasn't there a scandal on the original PYL?
DTK
Well sort of. A contestant won really big by watching the show and studying the rotation of the whammies. As I recalled it was bearded man. I never was a fan of the show, but I did see the man in Buzzr or Game show rerun.
Coffeecup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2019, 08:46 PM   #5
DadTheKing

I can't wait till PYL comes back! All the good game shows aleays come back!
DTK
Attached Images

DadTheKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2019, 02:18 AM   #6
AMackII

Fact is The Revivals of It(PYL) and Card Sharks are set debut along with the Season Premieres of Match Game, Celebrity Family Feud, To Tell The Truth & The $100,000 Pyramid when ABC's Summer Fun & Games start in a little over 2 weeks.
AMackII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2019, 01:40 PM   #7
loaferman
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coffeecup View Post
Well sort of. A contestant won really big by watching the show and studying the rotation of the whammies. As I recalled it was bearded man. I never was a fan of the show, but I did see the man in Buzzr or Game show rerun.
I saw a short film (documentary) about that guy and also there were some articles. He wrote down everything and learned the programming of the board's pattern. Given the technology of the time it was a genius move on his part. As I recall Peter Tomarkin hosted the documentary.
loaferman is offline   Reply With Quote