Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Hogan's Heroes links and theme songs at Sitcoms Online / Hogan's Heroes Photo Gallery

Hogan's Heroes - The Complete First Season

Buy Hogan's Heroes - The Complete First Season on DVD
Hogan's Heroes - The Complete Second Season

Buy Hogan's Heroes - The Complete Second Season on DVD
Hogan's Heroes - The Complete Third Season

Buy Hogan's Heroes - The Complete Third Season on DVD
Hogan's Heroes - The Complete Fourth Season

Buy Hogan's Heroes - The Complete Fourth Season on DVD
Hogan's Heroes - The Complete Fifth Season

Buy Hogan's Heroes - The Complete Fifth Season on DVD
Hogan's Heroes - The Sixth & Final Season

Buy Hogan's Heroes - The Sixth & Final Season on DVD
Hogan's Heroes - The Komplete Series - Kommandant's Kollection

Buy Hogan's Heroes - The Komplete Series - Kommandant's Kollection on DVD

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > 1960s Sitcoms > Hogan's Heroes

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

HBO Comedy Crashing Returns for Season 3; Nick Sitcom Starts Jan. 5
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of December 10, 2018)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Netflix Pays $100 Million for Another Year of Friends; Reboots of Night Gallery and New York Undercover
Fri-Yay: The Disappearing Art of the Holiday Episode; The Simpsons Turns 30 Years Old with Specials on Fox and FXX
Loudermilk Returns for Season 3 on Audience Network; Syfy's 23rd Annual Twilight Zone New Year's Eve Marathon
The Good Place Gets 4th Season; Nick's Henry Danger Turns 100
The Office Starts Jan. 1 on COZI TV; The Good Place Star to Host TBS Game Show

New on DVD/Blu-ray (October/November/December)

The Beverly Hillbillies - The Official Fifth Season The Love Boat - Season Four - Volume One Saved by the Bell - The Complete Collection Alice - The Complete Eighth Season Step by Step - The Complete Third Season

10/02 - The Beverly Hillbillies - The Official Fifth Season
10/02 - Bob's Burgers - The Complete 6th Season
10/02 - Bob's Burgers - The Complete 7th Season
10/02 - Bob's Burgers - The Complete 8th Season
10/02 - Ghosted - The Complete First Season
10/02 - The Love Boat - Season Four - Volume One / Volume Two
10/02 - Police Squad! - TV and Movie Collection
10/02 - Saved by the Bell - The Complete Collection
10/16 - Community - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
10/23 - Alice - The Complete Eighth Season
10/24 - The Odd Couple (2015) - Season Two
10/24 - The Odd Couple (2015) - Season Three
10/31 - The Bad News Bears - The Complete Series - All 26 Episodes
11/01 - Episodes - Season 5
11/05 - Robin Williams - Comic Genius (includes Mork & Mindy)
11/06 - American Dad! - Volume 13
11/16 - Man with a Plan - Season One
11/20 - Step by Step - The Complete Third Season
11/27 - What I Like About You - The Complete Third Season
12/04 - Family Guy - Season Sixteen
12/04 - Perfect Strangers - The Complete Sixth Season
12/18 - Our Cartoon President - Season One
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

View Poll Results: Which German charater is really Nimrod?
Colonel Klink 4 40.00%
Sgt. Schultz 4 40.00%
General Burkhalter 2 20.00%
Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-08-2007, 03:01 PM   #1
MadScientist
Frequent Poster

Default Nimrod

In the Season 4 episode "The Missing Klink" the plot includes a British agent code-named Nimrod, who operates anonymously in Germany. Hogan's plans are to pretend that Col. Klink is Nimrod, but doesn't realize until later that Nimrod is actually near-by and aware of all that is going on. Nimrod even leaves Hogan a note at the end of the episode. It's not certain, but it is very very likely that Nimrod is one of the Germans that we are acquainted with. Please vote for the one you think is Nimrod or would like for it to be.

Yes, I know that the word "character" is misspelled in the poll. That's what I get for not proof-reading.
MadScientist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 07:38 PM   #2
ercjncpr
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadScientist
In the Season 4 episode "The Missing Klink" the plot includes a British agent code-named Nimrod, who operates anonymously in Germany. Hogan's plans are to pretend that Col. Klink is Nimrod, but doesn't realize until later that Nimrod is actually near-by and aware of all that is going on. Nimrod even leaves Hogan a note at the end of the episode. It's not certain, but it is very very likely that Nimrod is one of the Germans that we are acquainted with. Please vote for the one you think is Nimrod or would like for it to be.

Yes, I know that the word "character" is misspelled in the poll. That's what I get for not proof-reading.
The best part of that episode was the interplay between Maj Hochstetter and Gen Burkhalter
ercjncpr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 11:26 AM   #3
Bonsai
Gilligan Ambassador
Forum Regular

I like the idea of Sgt. Schultz being Nimrod. I can just imagine the expression on Col. Hogan's face when he finds out after the war!
Old 06-16-2007, 08:04 PM   #4
DTF955
Forum Regular

Eva Seifert's series, of which I read the first few acts ("Theater of War") convinced me that it could be Klink. I don't think it could be Schutlz because, well, he just doens't get out enough to *do* anything that major.

I always though hilda myself, but she wasn't part of the poll.

Burkhalter...I've heard that theory. The man *did* channel a lot of important people through Stalag 13, didn't he? It *does* make you wonder. I thought it odd the first few times I heard it, but the more I think...

Now, I *have* written some fanfiction on fanfiction.net about the Schultz's being with the Confessing Church ("Roses Are White") and also about them helping Jews ("Something's Hogan in the State of Denmark," "Oskar's Box," though in that one Schultz doens't know.) I can see that a little more than him being Nimrod, because from the way Hochstetter describes Nimrod, he had to be pretty high up, and I can't see Schultz able to get at the things Nimrod likely did.
Full House Chronology - at the webite "Tanner Central" among others (or e-mail fullhousechron (at) aol.com. "If Baseball Integrated Early," about baseball integrated fromt he beginning, & other works at baseballwhatifs (at) aol.com
DTF955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2007, 10:59 PM   #5
Grits'n'Jowls
Frequent Poster

My guess is Colonel Klink, cos no career officer in the military could possibly have actually been as stupid as he was likely just pretending to be. His act of stupidity was so convincing, that even General Burkhalter stated on several occasions when Klink was suspected of some treasonist act that he (Klink) was too stupid to be that smart.
Grits'n'Jowls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 01:52 PM   #6
ftroopfan
Frequent Poster

Default Klink or Schultz

I think it could have been either Col. Klink or Sgt. Schultz. Something I wonder about is why Burkhalter always tolerated Klink's stupidity. It made me wonder at times if he wasn't Nimrod. That would have been really funny to find out it was him.
ftroopfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 10:45 AM   #7
Gump
First Time Poster

Ever since I saw this episode I have wandered the same thing. I tell people about my theory and nobody ever believes me that Klink new exactly what was happening. Klink is Nimrod. My vote anyway.

It makes so much sense. Burkhalter is too far removed, not a "main" character, besides I remember Klink's reaction at the end of the episode that told me everything I needed to know. Klink is Nimrod.
Gump is offline   Reply With Quote