Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

227 links and theme songs at Sitcoms Online / 227 Photo Gallery

227 - The Complete First Season

Buy 227 - The Complete First Season on DVD

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > 1980s Sitcoms > 227

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Bounce Sitcom In The Cut Premieres Season 5; Conan Returns to Comic-Con for 5th Year
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of July 15, 2019)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Reboot of The Flintstones in the Works (Again); Amazon Orders New Comedy Series
Fri-Yay: The End of Friends on Netflix; Remembering Rip Torn of The Larry Sanders Show and Disney Channel Star Cameron Boyce
Valerie Bertinelli to Host Food Network Series; Netflix Gets Katherine Heigl for Firefly Lane
WarnerMedia Announces HBO Max for 2020 with Friends, Fresh Prince & More; IMDb Gets First Scripted Series
COZI TV Schedules Two The Office Stunts; Adult Swim Picks Up New Seasons of Animated Comedies

New on DVD/Blu-ray (May/June/July)

My Three Sons - The Third Season - Volume One Perfect Strangers - The Complete Seventh and Eighth Seasons The Brady Bunch - 50th Anniversary The Brady-est TV & Movie Collection Will & Grace (The Revival) - Season Two The Good Place - The Complete Third Season

05/07 - Baskets - The Complete Season Three
05/13 - I'm Dying Up Here - Season 2
05/13 - My Three Sons - The Third Season - Volume One
05/13 - My Three Sons - The Third Season - Volume Two
05/14 - The Donna Reed Show - Seasons 1-5
05/14 - Petticoat Junction - Seasons 1-3
05/28 - Perfect Strangers - The Complete Seventh and Eighth Seasons (WBShop.com)
05/28 - South Park - The Complete Twenty-Second Season (Blu-ray)
06/04 - The Brady Bunch - 50th Anniversary The Brady-est Brady Bunch TV & Movie Collection
06/18 - Will & Grace (The Revival) - Season Two (Blu-ray)
07/09 - Broad City - Season 5
07/09 - Broad City - The Complete Series
07/17 - The Practice (1976) - The Complete Series
07/30 - The Good Place - The Complete Third Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 03-05-2010, 05:04 PM   #16
OOliver
Forum Regular

Wasn't Jackee supposed to have her characeter Sondra spun-off into her own series? I believe that's why they wrote her out of the show (but NBC didn't pick up the series after the pilot).
OOliver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 01:50 AM   #17
tmac81s
Frequent Poster

Did anyone else notice, that in the season 5 episodes that Jackee did not appear in, in the theme song there were still some old clips of her and Mary? (She was no longer credited though.)

I've never seen any of the season 5 eps. she did appear in....was she credited in the theme song, or at the end credits as a "guest star" or something?

I remember watching this when I was 10....the older season reruns were on NBC in the morning, then those ended and all there was were the new season 5 episodes on Saturday nights. I was bummed with those because Sandra was my favorite character.

"I've Heard it Both Ways"~~Shawn Spencer, "Psych"

"Well how the hell should I know?”~~Thelma Harper, “Mama’s Family”/“Carol Burnett Show”
tmac81s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 08:25 PM   #18
ThomasE
Forum Veteran

Personally, I thought the show was still good even though Sandra was gone. I still laughed and enjoyed the series all the way through. Season five is one of my favorite seasons. Has Sandra stayed, would it have been funny? Heck yes! She was a strong element to the show but Marla Gibbs was the foundation and she was hilarious as Mary. I recently rewatch "Knock it off" with specials guests Gary Coleman and IMAN. This was one of my favorite eps from when I was 12. I laughed then and laughed now. Sandra wasn't in the episode but it was still hilarious to me.
Old 04-24-2018, 05:05 PM   #19
TMC
Forum Celebrity

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSU2004
That is a good catch but I think with the Jackee-Marla Gibbs fall out at the time, the producers probably thought it was best just to have Jackee in enough episodes so she get paid off the syndication royalties while keeping Marla Gibbs happy. Marla played a big role in the direction and focus of the show.
Marla was apparently upset because 227 was supposed to be her show, but Jackee's Sandra wound up being the break-out character. The show started to focus more on Sandra to Marla's chagrin. So the producers decided to try to give Jackee her own spin-off show due to the increasing tensions between Gibbs and Jackee. It ultimately failed on both ends. Jackee's show didn't even get picked up, and 227's ratings tanked after Jackee left.
TMC is offline   Reply With Quote