Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > 2000s Sitcoms > Jonas L.A.

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

NBC Sets January 2019 Lineup; Team Coco Heads to New York Comedy Festival
ABC Fall Pilot Review: The Kids Are Alright - Premieres Tuesday (Oct. 16); FX Gets New Comedy for 2020
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of October 15, 2018)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Patricia Heaton Eyes a Return to TV With CBS Sitcom; VEI Announced Bad News Bears TV Series DVD Release
Fri-Yay: Superstore Season 4 At the Top of Its Game; Freeform's New Kickoff to Christmas Event
Showtime Isn't Kidding About Season 2 of Kidding; TBS Gets Another Unscripted Comedy
The CW Bulks Up for Next Summer; FX Brings Back Mr Inbetween for Season 2

New on DVD/Blu-ray (September/October)

The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Eleventh Season The Middle - The Complete Ninth Season Modern Family - The Complete Ninth Season Step by Step - The Complete Second Season Perfect Strangers - The Complete Fifth Season

09/04 - It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia - The Complete Season 12
09/04 - Mom - The Complete Fifth Season
09/04 - Silicon Valley - The Complete Fifth Season
09/04 - Superstore - Season Three
09/04 - Young Sheldon - The Complete First Season
09/11 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Eleventh Season (Blu-ray)
09/11 - The Middle - The Complete Ninth Season
09/11 - Modern Family - The Complete Ninth Season
09/11 - People of Earth - The Complete Second Season
09/18 - Community - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
09/18 - Step by Step - The Complete Second Season
09/18 - You're the Worst - The Complete Fourth Season
09/25 - Blondie - The Complete 1957 Television Series
09/25 - Perfect Strangers - The Complete Fifth Season
10/02 - The Beverly Hillbillies - The Official Fifth Season
10/02 - The Love Boat - Season Four - Volume One / Volume Two
10/02 - Saved by the Bell - The Complete Collection
10/16 - Police Squad! - TV and Movie Collection
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 09-07-2009, 04:01 PM   #16
ryan423

HUGE HANSON FAN HERE.

Honestly, I understand how most people judge them by MMMBop, a fan all these years, and I don't even like the song, but have you guys even heard any of Hanson's new material or know what they've been up to?!

After disputs with former record company, Island Def Jam, Hanson went on to start their own record company, 3CG ("3 Car Garage Records") in 2003. In April of 2004, Hanson released "Underneath," which went on to be one of the top-selling independent albums of all-time.

Hanson performing "Ain't No Sunshine" by Bill Withers (available on the "Underneath Acoustic Live" DVD, 2003) - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_mKm4pPA1mY

In 2006, Hanson returned to the studio to record a new album with legendary producer, Danny Kortchmar (Billy Joel, Carol King; also worked with Hanson on Underneath's #1 billboard hit, "Penny & Me). While recording, they took a short break to follow a friend to Africa where he was there to donate a multi-million dollar technology that gave HIV-sickened people in poverty the ability for medical attention. While there, Hanson met with a children's choir to record Great Divide, a song released as an iTunes exclusive in 2006. All proceeds were donated to a charity which helps prevent the transmission of HIV from Mother-to-child through antibiotics.

In support of their 2007 release, "The Walk," Hanson partnered with Tom Shoes (you might have seen a recent AT&T commercial with the man behind Toms) who for every pair of shoes purchased, they give a pair of shoes to a child in need. Before each show on their "Walk" tour, Hanson met with devoted fans, family and even their opening acts for barefoot one mile walks and for each person who registers their walk, Hanson donates a dollar to one of five causes (find out about them at Takethewalk.net).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lMgqstPWFOo

Hanson continued their walks with 2008's "Walk Around the World" Tour, in which they set out to have enough miles to stretch around the entire cirumference of the earth (24,902 Miles). They succeeded way beyond expectations before the end of their tour, and through takethewalk.net, fans and supporters can host their own walks which also are registered.

Hanson's struggle with Island Def Jam to release Underneath was documented in "Strong Enough to Break" which is now available on DVD through Hanson.net and available as a 13-episode podcast (for FREE!) on iTunes.

Hanson - 'Carry You There'

Hanson are currently gearing up to get back on the road in support of a new EP (Stand Up, Stand Up - Available for Pre-Order) and the release of their next (still untitled) album to be released in 2010 with the TOMS Shoes sponsored "Use Your Sole" tour, which begins in Tulsa, OK at Cains Ballroom on September 30th.

-----

If people would give them a chance, I honestly don't see the comparison between them and the Jonas Brothers. Coming from a musician's standpoint, the Jonas Brothers are not up to the level that Hanson are at lyrically or melodically, nor will they ever be able to tied down to such a coperate wastepool as Disney has become. Hanson took a risk stirking out on their own terms with 3CG, and they need to be given props for taking such a leap of faith. While they may not be mainstream, Hanson do have mass appeal to true musical lovers, and their R&B influences such as Chuck Barry can be heard in "The Walk" or their 2000 release, "This Time Around."

You can find out more at http://www.hanson.net/ if you're interested, but don't judge a band based on one hit written when they were pre-pubescent.

Other great performances:

Jimmy Kimmel (2005) - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u1P4qwwo8W4

Performing U2's "IN A LITTLE WHILE" (Audio, 2005) - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=98QPNdYDNJ8

The Rock Boat - "Something Going Round" (2009) - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PHSBbbDn3H8

"Watch Over Me" (2008) - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RTF6gmfATt4
ryan423 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 04:22 PM   #17
catlover79
God Bless Val
Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Damage
I don't think they did either, but all their solo careers floundered.
Yeah, but Donnie Wahlberg had put together a pretty impressive acting career together by then. He's the one I would've LEAST expected to come back, but he did. I have to give him props for that.

"I'm alive. I'm feeling good. I'm trying to live every moment as much as I can." - Valerie Harper, March 2013
catlover79 is offline   Reply With Quote