Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Games / Movies / Music / Sports / Random Posts / Politics

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Chit Chat
User Name
Password

Welcome to the Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, search, view attachments, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of November 20, 2017)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Fox Producing Retirement Home Comedy Starring Vicki Lawrence and David Alan Grier; Nashville and Still the King Cancelled
Fri-Yay: Is Hulu Moving Away From Comedy?; Antenna TV to Air New Year Kickoff with Coach Marathon
You're the Worst Renewed for Final Season on FXX; New Stana Katic Drama Heads to Amazon
Sundance Gets Original Series for VOD; GSN Gets Thanksgiving Marathons
Antenna TV January 2018 Schedule Includes Gimme a Break! and Coach; Pop Launches Wednesday Comedies in January
The Detour Back on TBS in January; I Love Lucy and Dick Van Dyke Show Christmas on CBS

New on DVD/Blu-ray (October/November)

2 Broke Girls - The Complete Series The Good Place - The Complete First Season Green Acres - The Complete Series Rhoda - The Final (Fifth) Season The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Fourth Season

10/03 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Sixth Season
10/03 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Series
10/03 - Rules of Engagement - Seasons 1-4 Collection
10/10 - The Brady Bunch - A Very Brady Christmas
10/10 - Everybody Hates Chris - The Complete Series
10/10 - Frasier - Christmas Episodes
10/10 - The Honeymooners - Christmas Laughter
10/10 - Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - The Christmas Episodes
10/17 - The Good Place - The Complete First Season
10/17 - Green Acres - The Complete Series
10/17 - Rhoda - The Final (Fifth) Season
10/24 - The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Fourth Season
11/07 - American Dad! - Volume 12
11/07 - Family Guy - Season Fifteen
11/07 - The Wayans Bros. - The Complete Third Season
11/14 - D.C. Follies - The Complete Series
11/21 - Living Single - The Complete Third Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 06-26-2011, 07:11 PM   #16
PZelda
Forum Legend
Two Valeries! <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVFactFan
Are you talking about the male friends on your facebook who sent friend requests to girls on your friends list they didn't know?
Lol... nothing like that. In one instance, it was an IRL friend adding my online friends (who they'd never even talked to before) as friends.
Old 06-26-2011, 10:35 PM   #17
snowcreature23
Forum Regular
Jason is waiting.

Send a message via Yahoo to snowcreature23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liza
There are a lot of actors and celebrities that have facebook accounts. Their fans like to friend them. I'm actually friends with a lot of actors from "Dark Shadows." I've never actually met most of them, but I like being able to see what they're up to and fans ask them questions from time to time that they answer. I think Donna McKechnie has about 4900 "friends." Butch Patrick had to start a second facebook page because he had over 5000. I doubt they personally know most of them, but it's a new way of sending fanmail I suppose.

A freind was just asking that also b/c they never talk to u,or do they? I have Caroline Williams from Texas Chainsaw MASSACRE 2 WHICH WE TALK allthe time (she says she is my favorite Alaskan,which is cool) and I have Ms.Burns who was the first Texas Chainsaw girl and Teri Mcliina forgive me the last name she was the one when Leather face hanged her on the hook) as a freind she talks to me all the tim Adrienne King Friday the 13trh, and Amy Steel part 2 anyways I do have my freinds in my town and old school freinds it's kind of fun most people that r stars now won't even talk to u give u the time or day on FB or any where else...mostly the A stars.
Old 06-27-2011, 01:18 AM   #18
Brad Russ
Forum Veteran

Send a message via Yahoo to Brad Russ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shine
I've been a member of Facebook for two years and I have a total of 204 friends. I think there is this thing at Facebook where people are sort of playing on online version of a popularity contest. The more friends that they have then the more popular they feel. I've also noticed, and this isn't always the case but is quite often, the people with the most FB friends are the ones who have the least offline friends. I really don't see the point of having 800 friends. Like Emily, a number of my Facebook friends are actors (Brent Spiner, Shawnee Smith) and authors (David Gerrold, Kevin J. Anderson) and are not "friends" in the literal sense.

Great points Mike. Popularity has never impressed me, but you're right, that's what alot of people have that many friends for. And it's not just that way on facebook, but MySpace, My Yearbook, and other social networking sites.
Old 06-27-2011, 01:28 AM   #19
Brad Russ
Forum Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PZelda
I have close to 400 friends, and no, you can't see my friends list. Hid it from view from the rest of my friends, because there were a few people shuffling thru my friends list and adding people they REALLY DIDN'T know, as friends, and I thought that was just weird. So yes. I don't care if you do it, but get the **** out of my friends list! Don't use me! You know?

A lot of the friends on my list are family. IRL friends. Classmates. Coworkers. Online friends. And yes I do interact with a lot of them. Keep in mind, I've been on FB for nearly 5 1/2 years now (since early 2006), so I've had a LOT of time to rack up that many friends. I do have the occasional TV figure as a friend, though (Amy Duggar - cousin Amy - from "19 Kids and Counting" and Damone Roberts, who used to do makeup on the now-defunct TLC show "10 Years Younger" - he has CRAZY AWESOME hair and WHOA he rocks at what he does!).

I had no idea that facebook was that old. Was it alot less popular when you first joined? I ask that because it seems like Facebook started getting real popular in the last two or three years. For 1 year, and ten months, I wasn't all that fond of facebook, but now Iv'e become an addict. lol. I totally agree with you about people adding your friends to their list. It's so stupid, and aggravating. I'm glad I'm not the only one who feels that way. It's happened to me a couple times though, and I hate it. Haven't blocked people from viewing my friend list yet, but if people keep doing it, I definitely will.
Old 06-27-2011, 06:30 PM   #20
Liza
BestYearsofOurLives

Send a message via AIM to Liza

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowcreature23
A freind was just asking that also b/c they never talk to u,or do they? I have Caroline Williams from Texas Chainsaw MASSACRE 2 WHICH WE TALK allthe time (she says she is my favorite Alaskan,which is cool) and I have Ms.Burns who was the first Texas Chainsaw girl and Teri Mcliina forgive me the last name she was the one when Leather face hanged her on the hook) as a freind she talks to me all the tim Adrienne King Friday the 13trh, and Amy Steel part 2 anyways I do have my freinds in my town and old school freinds it's kind of fun most people that r stars now won't even talk to u give u the time or day on FB or any where else...mostly the A stars.

Some of them do. Chris Pennock, who played 5 characters on Dark Shadows has talked to me quite often, and comments on some of my posts (he even sent me a congratulations when my nephew was born). I'm looking forward to meeting him in person in August
Old 06-28-2011, 06:57 AM   #21
PZelda
Forum Legend
Two Valeries! <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad Russ
I had no idea that facebook was that old. Was it alot less popular when you first joined? I ask that because it seems like Facebook started getting real popular in the last two or three years. For 1 year, and ten months, I wasn't all that fond of facebook, but now Iv'e become an addict. lol. I totally agree with you about people adding your friends to their list. It's so stupid, and aggravating. I'm glad I'm not the only one who feels that way. It's happened to me a couple times though, and I hate it. Haven't blocked people from viewing my friend list yet, but if people keep doing it, I definitely will.
I believe FB was founded in 2003 or 2004 (I tthink 2004 for sure). At the time, it was a colleges-only network. Then high school students could join. I joined when only college/HS students could join (you had to have a valid .edu address to join). At the end of 2006, they opened up FB to everyone. (wow, I feel like a hardcore veteran now! Lol)

FB definitely wasn't popular in pop culture back in 2006. It was popular, yes, but not to the extent that it is today.
Old 06-30-2011, 08:10 AM   #22
spunkygirl
Forum Veteran

I have about 140 friends, more than half are family and co-workers, the rest are online friends, some from here, some from other sites. Yes I do consider online friends to be friends
Old 06-30-2011, 10:42 AM   #23
Brad Russ
Forum Veteran

I have six or seven family members, three former classmates, four people I met online away from SO, and the rest are from this site. Iv'e never had many friends in my life. I don't really care too much about most of the people I went to school with, because I wasn't friends with very many of them. The best friends Iv'e ever made are the people here at SO.
Old 07-03-2011, 10:03 AM   #24
spunkygirl
Forum Veteran

Anyone who wants to be FB friends, just drop me a line
Old 11-07-2011, 12:31 PM   #25
LUNCH

What's the point of having alot of 'freinds' on facebook,ya got me,I have no idea.For those into facebook or similair type things I would think LESS is MORE. The only reason I have a facebook account is to view and comment on the Antenna and Me-tv facebook sites. Otherwise I'm not into that type of stuff.
Old 11-07-2011, 12:48 PM   #26
Brad Russ
Forum Veteran

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by LUNCH
What's the point of having alot of 'freinds' on facebook,ya got me,I have no idea.For those into facebook or similair type things I would think LESS is MORE. The only reason I have a facebook account is to view and comment on the Antenna and Me-tv facebook sites. Otherwise I'm not into that type of stuff.

i'm starting to understand a little more that there are some benefits to having more friends, but still, i like the small community type friendships best. i'll probably be going back to Church soon, and i feel the same way with that. i want to find a smaller and more intimate Church where everybody knows everybody. More cozy, calmer, and more personal. That's also what i loved about alternative school, three people per classroom, so the teacher could easily focus on each student individually. Oftentimes, i think the teachers would get bored even, not having anyone to help out.

i think lots of friends can be good if you're a business that needs customers, or if you are a person trying to share an important message, anti drug/alcohol website etc, so there are good reasons to have lots of friends on facebook, but you should always give most focus to that core group of people, the ones you love, and who have always been there for you, and in turn, always be their for them. Those are my revised thoughts on the subject.
St. John 15:13 - Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends."

Currently my favorite song.
Old 11-07-2011, 09:16 PM   #27
mets82

I can some what agree with what Brad is talking about. Now, with me there are some people that I friended on Facebook who I dont talk to. But I do consider that they are busy. I mean they have jobs and responsibilities that they have to take care of. They have to worry about mortgages and paying bills etc. They may have to work overtime or an extra job or god forbid, may have a sick family member that they need to take care of. To me, those situations are a lot more important than talking to me on Facebook. I totally understand that. They have weddings and kids to take care of etc. just like all of us so I understand that.

ON THE OTHER HAND... like I said at the beginning of this thread, I totally agree with Brad. There are times that I try to contact people and I leave messages on there walls but nothing. Nobody responds. I try to online chat with them when there online but nothing either. I mean I get to the point where I say "Why even Bother"? But you know, I just ignore them. What am I going to do? I mean I leave messages on there walls, leave comments on there statuses, try online chatting etc. but nothing. Im not going to worry about it.

Now I've been on Facebook since Nov. of 2007. My thought was that I'll look up some of my "friends" from high school and it will be like old times. Well, either they dont want to talk to me or they dont remember me. And thats my fault. Ive should've known better. In closing, I will say that only talk to the people that you really know.
Old 11-10-2011, 11:49 PM   #28
Tubehead

Default facebook

i usual face book friend form high shcool i emial afriednsand family who i e-mail i talke to my some of my cosuion email my couson he missioanry he live over seas he keeps me updaed what their doing. and my frirends from shcool. i don't talk to peoplei don't know much. theygot movieclled the social netowrk it s based on ture story how facebook was made i reomed checking it out itgot anrdew garfiled who going to paly reboot of spider -man summer2012
Old 11-11-2011, 12:11 AM   #29
tiredmike59

Not sure how many friends I have, But I must be pretty popular because everytime I dial my number, I get a busy signal.