Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / News Blog / Buy TV Shows on DVD

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Father Knows Best links and theme songs at Sitcoms Online / Father Knows Best Photo Gallery

Father Knows Best - Season One

Buy Father Knows Best - Season One on DVD
Father Knows Best - Season Two

Buy Father Knows Best - Season Two on DVD
Father Knows Best - Season Three

Buy Father Knows Best - Season Three on DVD
Father Knows Best - Season Four

Buy Father Knows Best - Season Four on DVD
Father Knows Best - Season Five

Buy Father Knows Best - Season Five on DVD
Father Knows Best - Season Six

Buy Father Knows Best - Season Six on DVD

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > 1950s Sitcoms > Father Knows Best
User Name
Password

Welcome to the Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, search, view attachments, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

SitcomsOnline Digest: Fox Producing Retirement Home Comedy Starring Vicki Lawrence and David Alan Grier; Nashville and Still the King Cancelled
Fri-Yay: Is Hulu Moving Away From Comedy?; Antenna TV to Air New Year Kickoff with Coach Marathon
You're the Worst Renewed for Final Season on FXX; New Stana Katic Drama Heads to Amazon
Sundance Gets Original Series for VOD; GSN Gets Thanksgiving Marathons
Antenna TV January 2018 Schedule Includes Gimme a Break! and Coach; Pop Launches Wednesday Comedies in January
The Detour Back on TBS in January; I Love Lucy and Dick Van Dyke Show Christmas on CBS
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of November 13, 2017)

New on DVD/Blu-ray (October/November)

2 Broke Girls - The Complete Series The Good Place - The Complete First Season Green Acres - The Complete Series Rhoda - The Final (Fifth) Season The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Fourth Season

10/03 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Sixth Season
10/03 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Series
10/03 - Rules of Engagement - Seasons 1-4 Collection
10/10 - The Brady Bunch - A Very Brady Christmas
10/10 - Everybody Hates Chris - The Complete Series
10/10 - Frasier - Christmas Episodes
10/10 - The Honeymooners - Christmas Laughter
10/10 - Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - The Christmas Episodes
10/17 - The Good Place - The Complete First Season
10/17 - Green Acres - The Complete Series
10/17 - Rhoda - The Final (Fifth) Season
10/24 - The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Fourth Season
11/07 - American Dad! - Volume 12
11/07 - Family Guy - Season Fifteen
11/07 - The Wayans Bros. - The Complete Third Season
11/14 - D.C. Follies - The Complete Series
11/21 - Living Single - The Complete Third Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 07-23-2010, 12:38 PM   #16
Robert 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeeVeeCloset
Also please sitcoms posters here, everything can't be perfect....I for one with a few others here were very instrumental in begging Brain Ward of Shout when he posted here to get Shout to start these online only exclusives...let's face it...for those who don't like the price, again, this is limited and if it weren't for the shout exclusives (which we begged for) Father Knows Best and similar series would have been abandoned and then we would all be complaining about that instead of the price. I happily gave them my $45 this morning with a pre-order!
I have to agree with TeeVeeCloset... everyone complains when a series is stalled or abandoned. I give Shout a lot of credit for doing what all the other studios don't do...sell directly to the fans. If they didn't do this, then we wouldn't get the series at all. As long as it is made available in physical dvds in some outlet, I'm all for it. I have gladly pre-ordered my copy even with the higher price tag.

- Dolcenera
Old 07-23-2010, 02:42 PM   #17
five
First Time Poster

Season 5 is available on August 17, 2010 to mark Jane Wyatt's 100th birthday. She was born on August 12, 1910 and passed away in 2006.
Old 07-24-2010, 02:21 PM   #18
gidgetgrape
Forever Gidget

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jude The Obscure
While I am glad that Shout! is continuing with the releases, I am NOT fond of the $39.99 + s&h price on their website.

Ditto! At that price, I would at least expect free shipping. I bought the first season on a whim at Sam's Club and have been pre-ordering each season since at amazon.com or deepdiscount.com. I would like to own the entire series, but at this price it will probably be sometime before I buy it. I think this price just encourages people to seek bootleg copies.
Old 07-24-2010, 09:55 PM   #19
retroTVfan4ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert 13
I have to agree with TeeVeeCloset... everyone complains when a series is stalled or abandoned. I give Shout a lot of credit for doing what all the other studios don't do...sell directly to the fans. If they didn't do this, then we wouldn't get the series at all. As long as it is made available in physical dvds in some outlet, I'm all for it. I have gladly pre-ordered my copy even with the higher price tag.

I basically agree also, but I do wish it would be available in stores or through other outlets like critics choice or movies unlimited. It looks like they changed the packaging too, going with the cheap amaray case instead of the nice slim cases. That's another drawback. But yeah it'll be better than nothing, it looks like they will finish the series since there's only one more season after this.
Old 07-30-2010, 11:21 PM   #20
Jude The Obscure
Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeeVeeCloset
Shout has an exclusive approved seller on amazon for their exclusives, and I am glad you will still be supporting this release when available on amazon, but don't expect the price to EVER go down....in fact these releases will go up in value because they are non-store limited editions and manufactured in limited numbers and eventually will not be available at all and out of print ....so some smart "dealer" out there should buy a few for a rainy day as I can easily see these fetching $100 a piece on ebay in less than 5 years if still sealed. Also please sitcoms posters here, everything can't be perfect....I for one with a few others here were very instrumental in begging Brian Ward of Shout when he posted here to get Shout to start these online only exclusives...let's face it...for those who don't like the price, again, this is limited and if it weren't for the shout exclusives (which we begged for) Father Knows Best and similar series would have been abandoned and then we would all be complaining about that instead of the price. I happily gave them my $45 this morning with a pre-order!

I'm glad you could do that, TeeVee! Some of us can't at the moment....I will just have to order it later when I save some funds to the side.

Last edited by Jude The Obscure : 07-30-2010 at 11:47 PM.
Old 07-30-2010, 11:23 PM   #21
Jude The Obscure
Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by gidgetgrape
Ditto! At that price, I would at least expect free shipping. I bought the first season on a whim at Sam's Club and have been pre-ordering each season since at amazon.com or deepdiscount.com. I would like to own the entire series, but at this price it will probably be sometime before I buy it. I think this price just encourages people to seek bootleg copies.

Thank you!!

I'm not encouraging bootlegs.....I just think Shout! should offer this to Amazon and other online outlets as well.....the release will get more attention. And for those of us on limited budgets (and depend on getting Amazon gcs for things), this will help sales.
Old 08-07-2010, 02:52 PM   #22
gidgetgrape
Forever Gidget

Quote:

I'm not encouraging bootlegs......

I didn't mean to imply that you were. I'm not either. I'm so disappointed in this season not being available at the usual outlets.
Old 08-09-2010, 10:16 AM   #23
TeeVeeCloset

Quote:
Originally Posted by gidgetgrape
I didn't mean to imply that you were. I'm not either. I'm so disappointed in this season not being available at the usual outlets.

I just want to again stress to everyone that is "disappointed", we are now about to see "Father Knows Best" season 5 released, I would have bet at one time, this series would have never been released...period....not only have we gotten episodes of a lost Robert Young series as bonus material, there is strong rumors we will get the reunion movies on the last two seasons. I am "old school" like many of you and enjoyed my weekly visits to the record shop when I was kid and Best Buy as an adult....now it is 2010 and I have seen Saturday Matinee, Virgin Records, Licorace Pizza, Sam Goody, Tower Records, Circuit City, Record Town, and many FYE stores all shut their doors...meaning the world is changing fast...too fast...and yes Best Buy (who won't carry such titles because they want big $$ for their precious shelf space) so amazon and other similar internet sites are the only game in town...in another 10 years or less, they are predicting there will be no retail of cd's or dvds AT ALL!, you will just download episodes/artwork ...at home and make your own.....YUCK!..I understand some of you and the financial situations (and I'm no Rockefeller) but again "Father" would have been abondoned long ago, but shout stuck with it in an amazing timely manner, many of us here (including myself) begged them for an online only exclusive site, and we said we would gladly pay more and understand why...$39.99 plus shipping is about $5 more then you would pay at best buy....it just seems as in life, you can't please everybody, but its coming out, unedited...end of story....and I am telling you, these online exclusives again will be deleted within a year or two and people will be trying to sell them on ebay for $100 each, so if you love the series, what is the big deal about signing up at shout or buying them through their provided seller on amazon? Happy watching to all!

Last edited by TeeVeeCloset : 08-09-2010 at 05:43 PM.
Old 08-09-2010, 04:51 PM   #24
Jude The Obscure
Retired

I understand your point of view. I wish we could get a listing of what is on this set. I've read it may be 2 more Window on Main St. episodes--but no word if the first reunion movie is included. If i know it would be, I would scrape up the money somewhere to pre-order this
Old 08-09-2010, 07:57 PM   #25
snelson
Frequent Poster

don't forget borders and barnes and noble they sell them. i know fye has closed some stores but there is one at my local mall.
Old 08-09-2010, 08:57 PM   #26
retroTVfan4ever

Agree with TeeVeeCloset, times are changing and within five years or so pressed DVD's may not be sold anymore. Classic shows may only be available via download through your computer. And some classic TV DVD releases these days are restricted to on line purchase through the distributor. Limited numbers of sets are being produced. So advice is, when the next season of a favorite classic show comes out on DVD, get it while you can don't delay or you might miss the boat.
Old 08-13-2010, 04:41 PM   #27
Robert 13

Just got notification that my copy has shipped. YAY! Shout Select RULES! Amazon never ships this early.
Old 08-13-2010, 10:39 PM   #28
Jude The Obscure
Retired

Just ordered mine. took a little sacrificing on some other things, but what else is new in life? Only thing is I really need to finish up season 4
Old 08-14-2010, 08:54 PM   #29
Robert 13

Quote:
Just ordered mine. took a little sacrificing on some other things, but what else is new in life? Only thing is I really need to finish up season 4
You won't be disappointed. It's a great set! I got mine yesterday and the episodes are just wonderful. Continues where Season 4 left off and such great storylines so far. I must admit not caring as much for the Frank episodes but this one is different and done so nicely.

The package is compact but the discs are housed rather nicely. The episode titles are listed inside on each side of the case. You have to remove Disc 1 or Disc 6 to read them, but it's all layed out very neatly.

No pics inside though. They stick to simple graphics and text. One thing that seems different is the closing logo which looks like some new distribution company or something. Still cool though. Very reminiscent of shows that were rerun back in the 80s.

Hope everyone enjoys their sets!
Old 08-14-2010, 09:01 PM   #30
Jude The Obscure
Retired

what are the bonus features?